Judging by the looks of this thus far, I can't imagine even wanting to purchase FM 14. The best database I've ever played was a 1994/95 one created for FM12 but I reckon this will top it. Stats look believable and I can't wait to see the likes of Romario, Schillachi or Careca. What youngsters will be on the game? Have you thought about putting a young teenage Giggs, Davids, Ronaldo etc?

Peter Beardsley is called 'Beardsley Beardsley' can't notice anything else! - how far down are you going in the leagues? Will there be an East/West Germany? Sorry for all the questions! Top work mate.

Judging by the looks of this thus far, I can't imagine even wanting to purchase FM 14. The best database I've ever played was a 1994/95 one created for FM12 but I reckon this will top it. Stats look believable and I can't wait to see the likes of Romario, Schillachi or Careca. What youngsters will be on the game? Have you thought about putting a young teenage Giggs, Davids, Ronaldo etc?

Peter Beardsley is called 'Beardsley Beardsley' can't notice anything else! - how far down are you going in the leagues? Will there be an East/West Germany? Sorry for all the questions! Top work mate.

I did notice the Beardsley thing, changed him now. I dont plan to put many modern day players in it(Those will still be available on free's). Im just trying to keep the db as authentic to 1990 as i can. Dunno why, that era is just one of my favourite childhood memories growing up - Italia 1990 was the best tournament i can remember watching as a kid. Im just keeping Germany as a whole. The Berlin wall came down just before the db (89 i think) so Germany will just be one nation. Romario, Schillachi & Careca are all on there tho. At the moment im plan on releasing the top division teams from 1990 but i will also work on the top division teams from today. I will release the first version with the top teams but i do plan on working on almost all team squads and will release a version everytime i update it. Hope this helps. Ill get you some screen shots of Romario, Schillachi and Careca :)

Fantastic, thanks - if all of today's players are also on there, won't they just get snapped up fairly quickly and then the realism factor will go as you'd have the likes of Leighton Baines playing with Gazza etc?

I appreciate this would probably take forever! But it would be much better in my opinion.either way it will still be great to play though. Will you change squad reputation/finances etc?

More Screenshots

I realise Romario has his full name on here but i have since amended his "short name" to just Romario

Yeah it might be a good idea to delete modern day players but as you say that would take forever. It may be a good suggestion for future changes but. It is a hard balance to get. Some people might not like this database as it hasnt got Messi/Cristiano Ronaldo/Rooney etc. I know i wouldnt care as i reckon the players of 1990 where just as good if not better (Hagi/Stoichkov/Maradona/Gazza etc). Going back to what you where saying earlier i do believe the older modern day players such as giggs, beckham, ****, neville are still there only aged 23 years earlier so they would be 15-17 back then as youths.

I have not done a player pic file for this db as i dont know how to so if anyone can tell me how to or even if someone wants to do a graphics file i would appreciate it.

Sweet, looking forward to it! Shame about the current players, if only there was a mass delete function!. I completely agree about the quality of players/ football from the 90s, but then being 31 I generally feel that way about most things including music, film, life in general! Guess I am showing my age but would not miss Cristiano Ronaldo or Messi etc :)

can you post the Villa squad screen? I was a Villa fan back in 1990 for about a year, Tony Daley was awesome - so was Platt.

Aston Villa

Sweet, looking forward to it! Shame about the current players, if only there was a mass delete function!. I completely agree about the quality of players/ football from the 90s, but then being 31 I generally feel that way about most things including music, film, life in general! Guess I am showing my age but would not miss Cristiano Ronaldo or Messi etc :)

can you post the Villa squad screen? I was a Villa fan back in 1990 for about a year, Tony Daley was awesome - so was Platt.

Here you go mate....

Just noticed that Chris Price for villa should have been 30 in '90 not 19 :)

ah good man, ive edited him now to the correct age. Ive no doubt there will be a few errors when its released but hopefully people can feed it back to be corrected. Im working on the Serie A squads just now. Just gonna blast it and hopefully the first release should be available in a few days...

Where are you getting the players stats from, are you just judging them yourself?
Looking good by the way!

Can i see a screenshot of the Motherwell squad, cant wait for this as we had a great young team at the time I'm sure!

Motherwell Squad

Can i see a screenshot of the Motherwell squad, cant wait for this as we had a great young team at the time I'm sure!

You're not wrong, 'Well had some good players back then. Tom Boyd before his move to Chelsea, Davie Cooper, Phil O'Donnell, Stevie Kirk. The list goes on. More or less the squad that won the Scottish Cup. Tommy McLean is the manager on the db too :)

Any chance of a Barcelona screenshot and Jurgen Klinsmann?

Any chance of a Barcelona screenshot and Jurgen Klinsmann?

Ive not done the Spanish teams yet, just about finished the Italian ones tho. I plan on working on Spanish teams tomorrow. Klinsman is at Inter tho i will post a screenshot of him soon...

Looking good, cheers! what about the likes of -

Edgar Davids
Figo
Ronaldinho
Zidane
Roberto Carlos
Rivaldo
Batistuta

Loads more I can't think of,
are they hidden gems on the game?