Figo
Ronaldinho
Zidane
Roberto Carlos
Rivaldo
Batistuta

Loads more I can't think of,
are they hidden gems on the game?

There are many hidden gems on the game! Ive been amazed at a lot of the players ive come across at smaller clubs that got big moves at the start of the 90s. Not long now, im just finishing off the Italian teams and ill work on the Spanish tomorrow. For example in the above list Batistuta is still at River Plate, Roberto Carlos is still at União São João, Figo is still at Sporting CP, Zidane is still at Cannes etc. Will be good when its finished

Some Eastern Europeans...

Good players to come from the Eastern Block 1990...

Cheers, what about international teams? Any chance of a few screens of those?

Cheers, what about international teams? Any chance of a few screens of those?

That would be a good idea but it goes back to what we where saying earlier. The international teams are kind of a mix between modern day players and 1990 era players :eek:

Oh yea :(

is there no way you could just delete them all? Or if not, advise me how to do it and I will!

Oh yea :(

is there no way you could just delete them all? Or if not, advise me how to do it and I will!

It is possible, but would be a real pain in the ***! You'd have to go through all individual players and delete them manually. I will be releasing a few versions probably. Version 1 will be out in few days with all players in the db. But i will be working on it and adding players and teams as i go along, releasing each one. But if i get the time i will possibly sit and delete as many modern day players as i can.

PS Im glad i left the spanish league till last. Because a lot of the players have abrieviated names i.e Michel, Valdo, Chendo etc its pretty hard getting information and stats on these players. Nightmare :(

That would be tedious but worthwhile in the long run I think.. Imagine being able to truly re-create the Italia '90 World Cup :)

That does sound like a pain in ***, when you release it people can delete the modern players from the db and see how long it takes ;-)

It would be better without the modern players but I get what your saying.

Im just working on the Dutch teams just now. The Ajax team looks tasty! Just after Holland won Euro 88 as well

I would pay you good money to delete them :) , are they easy enough to find on the editor? By that I mean is there a way you can filter for players that are free transfers and just delete all of them? If so what you could do is find someone to do it for you if you don't have the time or desire! Sorry, I know I keep banging on about it but I have been waiting years for someone to create a good 90s database and your stats seem perfectly believable

I dont know if you've ever used the editor before. It is pretty simple to use, but time consuming. You need to enter the persons name and then it will search for the name. Then once the name comes up there are various options such as Edit Player/Delete player etc. You would have to sift through all players you want to delete and just hit the delete player option. But it would take ages!

Im toying with the idea of releasing the first draft of the db tomorrow. But i will admit it still needs a LOT of work. I dont know whether to hold off and release a better one towards the end of the week. English 1st Division, Scottish 1st Division, Serie A are all complete. Some work done to German, Spanish, Dutch, French teams but still many teams to finish....

Up to you mate, it would be good to check it out. Peeps would prob give you lots of feedback so you could make improvements where necessary, maybe some you hadn't spotted etc. are you planning to do other divisions such as the full English 1,2,3 &4?

so you'd need to enter each players name and manually delete them? You can't do it by doing a filter search for unsigned players and then click, delete, click, delete etc??

i dont think its possible to do it that way. Would help a lot lol
Yeah as you say if i delete a version just now then people can feedback any errors/improvements etc

Up to you mate, it would be good to check it out. Peeps would prob give you lots of feedback so you could make improvements where necessary, maybe some you hadn't spotted etc. are you planning to do other divisions such as the full English 1,2,3 &4?

so you'd need to enter each players name and manually delete them? You can't do it by doing a filter search for unsigned players and then click, delete, click, delete etc??

I do plan on making it as detailed as possible so i will add on lower league teams as i progress. There is a lot of players in those divisions that would have went on to make a name for themselves too i imagine. Tell you what if i download a db tonight will you download it and give it a bash for improvements/mistakes then ill delete it till an improved on goes up?

Ive not even tried it myself, only loaded it up to print screenshots every so often :/