meb1976

Reaction score
One of my favourite all time footballing memories is of Italia 90. I was sitting watching ESPN Classic World Cups the other night and thought it would be great to manage some of those era players (Hagi, Baggio, Gullit) etc in a modern day FM game. So i have decided to create my own 1990 db. I plan to make this as detailed as possible with all major club sides amended to their 89/90 squads. Ive just started tonight so i imagine this project will take me some time. But i plan to post screen shots as i go along. Current players will still be in the game, but all released from their contracts so you can still sign them if they choose to come to your club.

Thanks

Sounds great.

A word of advice though. This project might take up so much of your time that it wont e ready until FM14 is released. Perhaps try to team-up with some people to get it done quicker ?

Yeah i considered that. But if i start making the db how do i combine what ive done into what database with what someone else has done? Anyone wanting to help feel free....:)

Celtic 1990 squad

Here is an example of the Celtic squad from 1990

Yeah i considered that. But if i start making the db how do i combine what ive done into what database with what someone else has done? Anyone wanting to help feel free....:)

Get somebody working on a template for certain leagues and then when you dont have the time, just send them the db for them to "fill-in ?

As it is a massive job, you would probably need some help.

Liverpool & Man Utd 1990

Liverpool and Man Utd first team squads - 1990. It really does put into perspective how good a job Fergie done with that team. Not a bad team, but there really wasnt much to of a difference in terms of quality in those squads.

Last edited:
Spurs & Arsenal 1990

First Team Squads

Last edited:
why is Linker aged 20? wasn't he 29/30 in the 1989/90 season not nick picking here mate just saying

Haha well spotted. Nothing gets by you. I did notice that and ammended it to the correct DOB +23 years. Think i added on 33 years by accident. This is a right pain in the ****! Finished the Scottish teams and half way through the English ones. Determined to finish it but. What you think so far? Ive not added any player faces yet tho. I appreciate the feedback, im sure there will more errors as i post screenshots. If you see any dont hesitate to point out. Thanks

Last edited:
Haha well spotted. Nothing gets by you. I did notice that and ammended it to the correct DOB +23 years. Think i added on 33 years by accident. This is a right pain in the ****! Finished the Scottish teams and half way through the English ones. Determined to finish it but. What you think so far? Ive not added any player faces yet tho. I appreciate the feedback, im sure there will more errors as i post screenshots. If you see any dont hesitate to point out. Thanks

no problem and trust me I get the same reaction aswell :) and it looks good so far will be fun to play when it comes out so much of my childhood will come back flooding back to me even tho I was 4 years old at the time of that season and I can only remember Euro 1992 (WC 90 is distance memory of mine) up to modern day football but France '98 hold a dream memory of mine, it was the only time I seen Scotland get to a world cup with a easy group beside Sweden and Austria being in it aswell and still beat estiona without them turning up "oh joy"

Last edited:
Hi what is the skin you are using in the pictures? I can't seem to find it anywhere :L

Hi what is the skin you are using in the pictures? I can't seem to find it anywhere :L

alavanja 13 pervection, with a few add-ons ;)

If anyone is looking for screen shots let me know and ill post them...

Forest & Palace

This database is going to be awesome. I think it would be better to just delete all the current players though, how's it coming along and when do you think it will be ready?

This database is going to be awesome. I think it would be better to just delete all the current players though, how's it coming along and when do you think it will be ready?

Ive done The Scottish, English, Germany & French leagues. Just started on the Italy squads today but with the weather so nice the outdoors was calling me lol. Im off all next week so i hope to get most of it done through the week. Going to do the Dutch, Spanish maybe Belgian and Portuguese as well as some well known teams from that era and some south American teams too. Its hard work :)