2 League defeats in 3 full seasons with Spurs *Moderator please check*

badmantrois

Reaction score
Okay lads and ladies (LOL!)quick intro, I am an oldskool FM player, been playing it since back in the days when it was Championship Manager and made by Domark, I remember having Giggs as a 19 year old prodigy alongside cantona and JP papin with Ilie Dumitrescu, Steve Macauley and Ever Moas, Freddy Leon too what a legend! Anyway I digress. I bought FM 2015 a few weeks agao mindful of all the moaning and griping I had read re: the match engine and AI. Let me start by saying this, stop ********, it is like real life, if you neglect certain aspects of your tactics you will be punished. IF YOU GET YOUR TACTICS RIGHT FOR YOUR PLAYERS, YOU WILL WIN, YOU WILL NOT LET IN SILLY GOALS AND YOU WILL NOT BREAK YOUR LAPTOP. You have to be relaxed and be preapred to perfect a tactic over a period of years not weeks.

here is a bit of advice;

!) never try and plug and play and expect perfect success, it can happen and if it does it is luck but this aint the way to go
2) lay off huge numbers of team instructions unless you have a really brilliant or really terrible squad, use the player instructions more and the TI as a general blueprint of your style
3) a midfield 3 is generally the best way to go, one DM + 2 CM, one of each duty, D,S,A,
4) you cant judge a tactic until you have achieved a high level of fluidity
5) dont mess with the mentality or style until you are fluid, keep it standard until you are there 100% then copy the tactic, make an attacking version and a counter version for tricky away matches, change the player instructions accordingly
6) soend a bit of time with set piece routines
7) always spend more time match training, set it to default as def. set pieces, keep the team training balaned and low with individual training on heavy, train your strikers and midfielders on composure, finishing and off the ball, these are very important!!!!!

MY TACTIC: 4-1-2-3 SelektAAA! Perf 1.5.1.21

so My tactic, developed over a period of 7 seasons with Tottenham Hotspur. The editor has never been used and only one player has ever played on this save as you can see in the game details.

In my first season I had to clear out the squad, I sold virtually everyone above the age of 25 and brought in young hungry players, Balanta, Romero, Odegaard, Gabriel Barbosa, Douglas Costa, Darmian, you know the deal, always buy players with potential and determination.

Fast Forward to my current save date in 2021 and I have led Spurs to 4 League titles and 22 other cup victories including 5 consecutive CL titles I have had unbeaten runs of 78 games, 50+ games twice and am currently unbeaten in 80 competitive games. I will continue this later when I have a bit more time!!

Last edited:
so this is a thread to plug your other thread ?

it is the same tactic I am using now yes but with some modifications, I am 3 seasons further in

then i'd amend that, this will be closed once the mods see it.

because like I said, this is 3 season on, what was the purpose of your original reply anyhow mate? do you doubt my claims, there seems to be a lot of that here!

no but ask your OP is pretty detailed, jsut letting you know m8. hate to see it lost. tactic looks fine, and there no way to know if anyone has cheated or not, so pointless to ask.

looks good though.

where do i praise the tactic mate? I just state the facts of the results. I am Tottenham, not Chelsea, I built the club from scratch in season one and took them to 5 consecutive CL titles, I guarantee that you can try 9 out of 10 tactics and they WONT work on this team bucko. you are just another moaning hater

Was rotating this and Andrichbrand, for me this tactic really really need top top players my team keep getting **** around like no one's buisness

Plays some nice stuff, great through balls into the IF, won 5-1 was Rangers, will carry on.. plays similar to the other f9 433 thats up but this is has nicer passing/through ball play inside the channels.