We’ve heard of story of two halves. How about story of two games. Back-to-back games in the league against Bala provided complete mirror results. In the first game we weren’t in control and couldn’t get a proper hold on the game, while we pushed them aside in the next game.

1658304390020.png
1658304397194.png

One of the signings that was made was that of 18-year-old defender Morgan Lewis. On loan from Stockport, he is adding some very much need quality to the defence. Importantly he is adding speed to our defence as well.

1658304418913.png

We came across TNS again, this time in the Cup. For the second year in a row, we are against them in the Nathaniel MG Cup, this time in the semi-finals. As if the similarities couldn’t be better, it came down to penalties after we had been stopping them from getting clear chances at goal. However, this time the penalties was a bit different, 7 kicks at the spot for each team but we came out on top again taking us to another final.

1658304449282.png

I did say it was a bit different.

We move to another back-to-back against Connah’s Quay, in the league and then the final. The league game is the final one before the table splits

A moment has come that I didn’t think I would have to deal with, after 44 appearances and 31 goals Kirby has come and said he believes he isn’t good enough to be a regular and wants to move. Admittedly I have brought in some better strikers, but he was such an important player last season in achieving promotion.

1658304475629.png

Connah’s Quay beat us 3 – 0 last time out, this time they have beaten us 3 – 1. Improvement over the season if you can say that. A very poor performance from Oliver Davis in the goal was the key reason for the loss, he seemed rooted on the spot for all the goals, attackers ran rings around him. We will be lucky to win the final in a week.

1658304513391.png

If you’d had asked me what it would have taken to win the final, the number one thing would have been a quick goal. We got just that just after the game had gone past a minute, James Breese an experienced JD Cymru Premier striker that I signed headed one in. Followed by Gore putting away a penalty a 2 – 0 win was secured. Lifting the cup for the second time.

1658304551468.png

Turning to the league, after 22 games it has been split in half. We are situated in 4th. Meaning we can lose every game now and still get 6th at least. Although I wish that doesn’t happen

1658304584434.png

Firstly I'd like to say thanks for 1K views it was nice to see that after not being on for a few days.

Coming into the middle of February sees us come against Newtown. Our top goal scorers’ old team, Breese. Which means he has pressure to perform and show they made a mistake in letting him go right. At the 19-minute mark he goes and two foots a defender which is a straight red. Overall, a 1 – 0 isn’t the worst result given the circumstances.

1658593925677.png

Since the game against Newtown, we have had up and down results. Coming against the top 5 teams in the league two times before the end with no weaker opposition games does lead this to make sense. It is disappointing when we lost against Cardiff Met Uni, who had lost the last 6 games, after two goals in the start we were down, but Kirby, who didn’t find a move and stayed got one back. He had a chance from the spot in the second half, but the keeper saved it, leading to the 1 – 2 result.

1658593943268.png

After some rough results it comes to the Welsh Cup semi-final. Against Caerau Ely a Cymru South team residing in the drop zone. Should be a game that we can get some confidence back in the team. SHOULD. After 6 minutes we were down one goal. After the start of the second half, we managed to get the lead. Just for them to level it again not long after. We did win as Gore was handed a penalty in extra time before penalties.

1658593959566.png

This is the result that almost sets out our final position in the league. With a 1 – 0 win over Bala coming at the 82 minute through a penalty, yes, another penalty that’s 10 now in the league alone. But no matter how it came a win is a win. We will now finish as low as 4th so there is still a chance to get a possible European competition position.

1658593975118.png

After the last round of games TNS was crowned the league winners as expected. We faced them next with a third-place finish still to play for I would have taken a tight win. It was clear how ever that the TNS players must have been out celebrating. An astonishing first half made us 4 – 0 up at the break. Gore then came in the last half to round up to 5 and bag himself a hattrick. 2 points are between us and 3rd so it is all to play for in the last game of the league, were we play 3rd place Connah’s Quay.

1658593992440.png

The next game to come is the Welsh Cup final against Barry. In other news I have been offered a new contract from the board, I would love to accept this, but I can’t stay at the club year in year out and will be moving on for a new challenge

The time came for the final. The chance for another double in two seasons. A double double if you will. The first half was a boring affair with no real highlights to speak of, so it was still all to play for in the last 45. Gore broke the deadlock just 4 minutes after the restart with a great volley. Immediately I wanted another to add some buffer to the result, in the 57-minute Steven Ellis came through with a straight red card, not ideal. Grinding the game out was now what needed to be done. All well until the last 10 minutes where Barry came through with 3 highlights, thankfully all failing to go past the defence and keeper. The game ended 1 – 0 and we lift the trophy leaving the club on an enormous high.

1658594041788.png

1658594056891.png

And with that we officially announce the plan to leave the club at the end of the season. I really hope after leaving that the club can continue to preform in the topflight of the Welsh league. Let’s not forget that at some point I will be returning to the league to claim the title of the most successful manager in Welsh football.​

We still have games to come though with the European Places Playoff to still come. Where we draw Cardiff Met Uni in the semi final of the playoff, a game that could go either way.

1658657505437.png

This match was just uneventful no real chances for either team. A total of 31 shots were taken, which doesn’t sound uneventful but just 6 of those were on target. It went to extra time and then to penalties. We have never lost a shootout and that continued here. Magnificent from Davies in goal keeping out 2 in a row making it finish after just 7 spot kicks.

1658657524331.png

The Playoff final came against Connah’s Quay. A team I’ve talked about a lot this season. This game wouldn’t be easy as they have proven they have a stronger team on multiple occasions. So, a quick goal in the first minute by Breese sent a strong message that we wouldn’t be just laying down this game. After that the teams showed the discipline skills with 5 yellow cards and a straight red for Quay. Just before the whistle was blown, they managed to equalise taking the game to extra time. 2 more yellows and another red form Quay followed with the last giving us a penalty with 9 minutes left to seal the win.

1658657545429.png

With that the time for me at Trefelin comes to an end. Recording their highest finish in the Welsh Pyramid ever and keeping them in the first tier with continental football to play as well. I hope the team does well for themselves in the next seasons. I’ve clearly been an impact on the board as well. We now move to looking for a new position.

1658657593993.png

1658740831099.png

After 4 applications and two interviews we have a new position. The second tier of Northern Irish football with Bangor.

A team that is no stranger to the second tier getting close to the topflight on multiple occasions.

1658740849986.png

The squad that we are working with is the following.

1658740864740.png

Looking at what we have and the stats behind the team I’ve got to make 3 signings at least. A defender that is tall and can jump. Midfield player that can put together passes and a new left winger. Those are the weaker parts of the team, but it does look like a good squad overall.

The board what a top half finish and the preview sees us finishing around 4th. Meaning if we could get a strong run early on, we could pull off a first season promotion. Let’s see how the games go first.

We have made the first signing for Bangor. Liam Nolan 29-year-old a solid midfield player for this level and some good passing skill compared to what we already have, so improving the team.

1658740919111.png

An issue with having some of the star players we have is that some will be leaving, one of these that has just left is a player that would have been a star of the team if they had stayed, 18-year-old Dougie McDonald. I’m disappointed but there was no way I would have been able to make him stay

1658740938799.png

However, I just signed a replacement for him, might be paying a bit more per week than I might have liked but I got his signature over other teams which is what matters. Introducing Aaron Rooney. I did say I needed someone with better passing, and he has plenty of it.

1658740979418.png

First game of the season and it is always an important time to settle in at a new team. I have started with a similar style of football as I played Trefelin, that being possession based. The first few league games will be important to see if it will work here.

As for the game, looking at the stats it seems like what was shown at Trefelin. Preventing the opposition from getting a good number of shots. If the results and performances are like this, I will be switching to maybe a set piece focus as both goals came from one. William Egan showing that a 15-year-old can hit a football and then Liam Nolan proving his worth already with the second.

1658777888783.png

Second game and the biggest point from this is that the team needs a new high-quality striker, something I’m looking for but yet to find. Excellent until the final third is the sum of the match so the search has been dialled up.

1658777903304.png

I’m really thinking the tactic that was being used for roughly the last two seasons at least was an issue at this club. Looking at the strikers we have they shouldn’t be having the issues they have when it comes to finishing. Both strikers having 15 plus finishing, so something must be changed.

A tactic change has come in at the 3rd game of the league. I’m known in the game for wanting to control possession, until know. Employing a much more attacking method I entered the game not knowing what to expect. We finished the first half at 5 – 0, playing 10 opponents. Second half was a quiet affair with a set piece providing the home side with a complementary goal. We shall see if this is just luck or I have found something that works here.

1658777932618.png

This next part isn’t really important overall but just started writing about it, so I thought why not add it anyway.

TL: DR – I didn’t know how much money is in Northern Irish football

A little bit of a tangent about finances now, the current situation in the club isn’t great but not worrying looking at some of the other factors. I’d say if not this season, then the next season this team can be in a good position to be promoted.

1658777960029.png

Compared to the Welsh competitions, Northern Ireland is much more profitable. Some of the Welsh competitions do provide more as you get prize money for winning each round, where as you need to win in the Irish cups. However, the Welsh Cup gives you 12k for winning. The Irish Cup gives you 55K in total alone just for getting to the final, with an extra 47k if you lose and 63K if you win.

I’ll also add the prize money in each of the country’s top leagues to further my point.

1658778034523.png

1658778044468.png

I really didn’t expect such a difference, and this is why I partly started this save, to get me out of the same thing with every FM game, of doing an English non-league save and or a hometown save in the championship / league one depending on the year. I’m loving this and it’s the most fun I’ve had with FM ever I would say.​

Last edited:
We are out of one of the 3 cup competitions, the Co. Antrum Shield, at the first round. Coming against Cliftonville a Premiership side it was going to be difficult without the same club dynamics as Trefelin taking the lead but losing it in the second half is a sting, but we have a lot more football left to play.

1658934336903.png

Just going to leave this one here, couldn’t get a goal to save someone’s life. I had a feeling a Loughgall goal was coming and a 84 minute penalty made sure it would happen.

1658934367592.png

Another cup game against Cliftonville. This time fighting back after being one down at halftime. A double from Paul Willis and an own goal in extra time secured our position in the quarter final of the cup. This means whatever happens now we get prize money, great news for the finances.

1658934386641.png

After overcoming Dergview in a goal-fest result 5 – 3 we have finished our 11 game of the season and stand 2nd in the league, we play each team 2 more times before the league splits so there is still a lot to play for but here are the overall standings.

1658934419381.png

A player that has been excellent as of late has been Paul Willis, he clearly heard me complaining about the team not having a consistent goal scorer and put me in my place. Scoring 6 and assisting 1 in his last 3 starts for the team.

1658934440628.png

Looking at the task at hand to be the most successful manager in Northern Irish football, it looks daunting. Getting on to the top 10 doesn’t look to hard. It’s the top 2 that is the issue.

1658934479881.png

With the 12th game of the season played we land on the top spot of the league, after Institute stumble to a loss against Ards. A minor 1-point lead that we can hopefully build on. The game against Portstewart was a 3 – 0 result. Liam Nolan being the MotM of the game setting up 2 of the goals and playing an important part in the other.

1658934514131.png

Currently on and excellent run of form in the league, 4 points is now the gap is now in place between us and Institute. I will say that there is still a lot of games left to play so I can’t get ahead of things. However, an 8-game run without losing and 4 wins in a row puts a good sign on things.

1659087610947.png

The Quarter final of the League Cup came against Glenavon. Situated in 6th in the Premiership it was a good test to see how we would fair against a stable top side. An own goal from Aaron Rooney in the 19th minute wasn’t ideal but we got one back and took it to penalties. For the first time this save it is a loss on penalties, certainly not a strong point of this team as we have converted 1 out of 3 in the league.

1659087643072.png

Some money coming into the club is nice. Might be able to make money for the club this season

1659087661532.png

Coming against Newry a newly relegated side on a good run of form, it was always going to be a chance that we could come undone by them. This is exactly what happened. A goal just after the restart was what gave them the lead. Just after making the 3rd sub, we get an injury taking us to 10 men, sealing the loss.

1659087684127.png

Next, we come against 2nd Institute, hopefully we reopen the point gap.

1659087700169.png

The team clearly wanted to make amends from the last game, but it didn’t look like it would go that way. 10 minutes with a disallowed goal for Institute. But 3 goals in 7 minutes changed everything. Can’t complain, the gap opens back to 4 points.

1659087718417.png

Sweet revenge. After the 1 – 0 that we should have won we get a strong victory over Loughgall. Paul Willis with a hattrick in 20 minutes being what was needed. And with that result we also get the first manager of the month here at Bangor with 4 wins and 1 loss for November.

1659087763594.png

Last edited:
After the loss that was experienced, the team have been preforming well, 5 wins out of 5 sees us still at the top of the league now with an 8-point gap in place. We are coming into January and closing in on the 22nd game of the season.

1659268393686.png

With the 22nd game coming against Ards. The North Down Derby. What is better than a 4 – 0 win against them. A hattrick for William Egan was the key to the win. I think that is 3 hattricks for the team now.

1659268429263.png

We are heading into January; I plan to make some changes hopefully to cut down the wages, as this needs to happen. There is more being spent that we should. In other news we have won our second manager of the month in a row

We have made the requirement from the board and reach the Irish Cup Sixth round after a scare from Belfast Celtic. 3 – 0 up after the 78th minute until a double in the last 10 minutes, with an offside goal in extra time.

1659268484396.png

As for the transfers I think I would say everything has been done, lots of loans as there is no limit in the amount you can have. Some transfers have replaced others. Example is that I got a new left back at £40 a week less who is equally as good.

We have signed a new deal giving us a year extension at the club.

Another game against Institute who are still 2nd has been played. Everything took place in the first half of the game. 2 goals for us and 1 for Institute was all that occurred. Overall, a relatively equal game that could have easily been a draw due to Institute being on top in most of the second half.

1659268534600.png

This result takes the gap now to an amazing 13 points. Promotion is well and truly ours to lose.

1659268563463.png

The next game came against Distillery and with it being 3 days after the Institute game heavy rotation was needed. So, coming up to the 90th minute at 0 – 0 was something to be happy about. 3 minutes into the 4 of extra time, Callum Taylor was chipped, and we ended up losing 1 – 0.

1659268589150.png

Getting through to the Quarter finals of the Irish cup has been achieved. The result looked simple from just a score point but it wasn’t made easy by Brown getting a straight red after 25 minutes. I suppose a team that lost the last 5 would have seen this as a chance to get back on form, apparently not.

1659434326205.png

When it comes to games against Dergview the first one of the season was one of many goals. The last game against them was no different 4 - 3 this time around. Much closer to being a draw this time as the team seemed to fall asleep in the second half.

1659434339546.png

Hope it was great viewing for the single away fan of Dergview that was at the game.

1659434372702.png

We have 2 league games remaining before the separation of the table. In the meantime, we have triumphed in the quarter final of the league after getting a good draw and going against Armagh a team in the league below. A rocket of a shot from 23 metres out from backup striker David Barrett opened the scoring to a strong 1 – 3 victory.

1659434387258.png

This result aids the finances of the club with us earning 25k just from playing in the upcoming game alone.

1659434410475.png

The semi-final draw brings us against Cliftonville. Meaning that in all 3 cups this year we have come against them.

1659434445716.png

Portstewart was the last game for us to play before the split in the table. We came out as winners scoring 3 goals and conceding one. We seem untouchable at the top of the table with 83 points out of 33 games. 14 points ahead just a couple of wins would see us secure promotion and the league title.

1659434463911.png

A mostly rotated squad came against Distillery. A first half demolition was what was brought against the home side. 5 goals what was the team managed, keeping the opponents from getting any back in the second half. Going to be hard to pick the squad for the semi-final coming in a couple days.

1659434488955.png

It was to be defeat in the semi final against Cliftonville. A penalty taking us down a goal in the first half. We had a 15 minute period where it looked like there could be a chance for a goal to be scored to bring it back late on but that was put to bed in the 88th minute with a goal from outside the box taking it to 2 for Cliftonville.

1659969345565.png

Focusing back onto the league, we are in a position that means that with just 3 points from the last 7 games we will win the league. I think that is doable.

With a 2 – 0 win over H & W Welders we have been crowned champions of the league. The second league title of the save.

1659969381024.png

We have broken the 100 points mark after a run of 3 games in 5 days we managed to get 3 wins despite having a team that was mostly running on empty the entire last match. 4 games are left to be played.

1659969450321.png

So, after Distillery take the lead and start the second half one up it seemed like their aim was to throw away a game they could have seen out. Leaving a player unmarked from a freekick, earning a straight red and a player getting two yellows, then conceding a penalty.

1659969503148.png

After 43 games the season has come to an end and sees us comfortably at the top, we make the team move to the top of the Northern Irish leagues. Preparation for the season to come starts now.

1659969527611.png

Preparation for the next season starts with having an accepted coaching course come in from the board. In 4 months, I will have my National A Licence.​

In terms of transfers for this season I have put a strong focus on getting the best defenders that I can. Keeping goals out will be important for survival for the first season. The main outing that happened was Aaron Rooney, after refusing a new contract he followed Dougie the player he was signed to replace and went to Ballymena.

As for players coming into the team, we managed to get Anthony Marshall on a free after being a great player on loan last season. A new left back is Dane McCullough, he is Championship level but I can see him developing into a great player for this level.

1660562581673.png

Guess this also shows the real level in the squad when he is rated 4 stars. Needs to be some big changes but wage budget is becoming an issue.

First game of the season comes against Glentoran who have won the league in the last 3 seasons.

The idea of a strong defence for this season came through. Being a goal down in the 17th minute via a penalty was not the start we could have wanted but the attackers did their job to bring it back. With the defence stopping them from getting chances. It is a result I didn’t expect but can’t complain about it

1660562603384.png

We might have a season where we make money without the need for doing well in cup competitions

1660562617705.png

The second game of the season was against Dungannon. As we did in our topflight season at Trefelin grinding out the results will be key to a good result at the end. We did exactly that, A first half penalty gave the lead which we held to the end.

1660562638979.png

What also helped was the discipline that Dungannon showed in the match

1660562655423.png

Nothing sweeter than this result. The team that has taken 2 of my best midfielders while at the club beaten 2 – 1.

1660562674327.png

The first loss of the season came from a close contest. 86th minute was when Crusaders took the lead. 10 points out of the first 5 games is a result to be happy about however just need to make sure it doesn’t spiral and keep the results coming when we can.

1660562703183.png

A game against last years cup competition team Cliftonville was a 1 – 1 draw. Taking the lead but losing it in extra time. Brought in Tony O’Neill the backup striker for rotation and to give him a proper chance for him to just hit one in from 24 metres out.

1661284114382.png

A game against Warrenpoint was a roller coaster of emotions to deal with. The second half was where everything happened. A quick 2 goals for Warrenpoint started the scoring. We had got one back just 7 minutes later. From there it went quiet until the last 10, with all hope lost changes were made bringing on some of the rotated players at a last-ditch effort. Liam Nolan made it 2 all and Paul Willis headed one home just before extra time for the win.

1661284130529.png

Tony O’Neill managed to pick up goal of the month with the one against Cliftonville.

1661284156597.png

The Quarter finals of the Bet McLean Cup has been reached after a 3 – 2 victory over Portstewart. An excellent performance from Willis is shadowed by some major injuries that could see us struggle in the league games for possibly the next month. Nolan has come off the luckiest being out for 2 weeks but the other two are out for around 5 weeks.

1661284168952.png

We have been defeated in the Antrim Shield Quarter final after an extra time 2 – 1 result against Linfield. Taking the lead in the first half wasn’t enough

In the league we continue with the excellent results that we started with. After 12 games in the league, we are positioned 2nd with a single defeat. The resent result against Dungannon was a 2 – 0 victory that sees them fall to the bottom of the league. A strong first half was all that was needed with Paul Willis, who is developing so well and preforming just as good, opening the scoring.

1661284192321.png

The 18-year-old has an amazing 9 goals and 6 assists over 13 appearances in all competitions. His assist play in the league is already matched last season with 5.

1661284205122.png

Going into the Quarter final of the Bet McLean Cup, we had every right to be confident. Away at Ballymena who we had just beaten in the league 1 – 0 at their ground as well. However, the game didn’t go the way I would have liked. Half time we had 7 shots each, none on target for us while they had 3. The second half was much of the same, highlight after highlight of chances few in our favour. Held on to extra time and all the way to penalties. The tide changed in penalties, something I’ve been very fortunate with in this save. Winning 2 – 4 and going to the Semi-final.

1662150316998.png

As a result, we face Glenavon at home

1662150335876.png

A game against the league leaders turned into a narrow 2 – 1 loss. Going two down then getting one back in the 30th minute was the order of events. Overall, it was an unconvincing win for Glentoran. We had a chance with a red card in the 80th minute but with time running out it wasn’t to be.

1662150347686.png

The semi-final of the Bet Mclean Cup was next. It was all equal at 1 all at the end of full time. The first half extra time involved another goal for both teams and a sending off for Dane McCullough taking us to 10 men. Not an issue as we scored soon after. The second half was looking to be the same order of events. They score we have a sending off, however, we didn’t manage to score and ended up losing 3 – 2.

1662150369185.png

Following the game we have 3 players suspended for the next match.

We had experienced what could have been classed as a slight drop and slump in the performances in the team. This has appeared to be turned around with a strong 3 – 0 win over Crusaders. However, we shouldn’t get ahead of ourselves as it could be turned around again in no time. Still we stand strong in 2nd.

1662150415599.png

The board of the club came forward an offered an improved contract, adding an extra year and a wage increase.

Another exceptional performance from Willis with a hattrick. The result of the match could have easily been a 2 all draw, with a goal ruled offside coming just after the 90th minute. That is the moment that the hattrick was completed making it 3 – 1 at the final whistle.

1662150435820.png

The 22nd game of the season is marked with a difficult 1 – 0 loss against Larne. We were on top for most of the game but couldn’t get a goal. A gap has formed at this stage of the season, we are 3rd slightly behind the two giants of the league, Linfield and Glentoran. A healthy gap is formed between us and 4th on top of that.

1662150449149.png

Last edited:
A total of 150 fans travelled to Belfast to watch our first match in the Irish Cup. They should have been thoroughly entertained, an emphatic 6 – 0 victory with a hattrick for the new signing Adam Carroll, in addition to Dan Brown who he will be having competition with for playing time, 2 goals and assists for him personally.

1662386903738.png

Adam was brought into the team to add some depth to the front after some struggling with the left-wing position and Tony O’Neill being released from the team. In terms of quality, he is just a bit better than Dan Brown who has been the first teamer in left wing.

1662386917035.png

The excellent form over Ballymena continues with a 2 – 0 result coming from Willis with some fine shooting later in the game. We still stand 3rd in the table but are now matched with 2nd in points, goal difference just being in their favour. The main thing to come out of this game was a comment made by my assistant manager post game, idk what he is thinking honestly.

1662386932489.png

8th placed Crusaders was a game that could be seen as a chance to get another 3 points and continue the charge to a strong top 3 finish. It looked like that would be the case winning by 2 goals coming to the 90th minute. Until a very fast hattrick from Toland was the undoing. Not bad for his 3rd sub appearance of the season.

1662386954485.png

A game against Glenavon was a story of Willis, he is turning into a top striker for the league now as he bags a hattrick to come out on top of the order. We are closing to the league split with a 8 point gap over Larne in 4th and just 3 behind Linfield.

1662386967934.png

Into the quarter final of the Irish Cup with the aid of a penalty. The last chance this season at winning something of value, unless things change for Glentoran I can’t see us having a chance in the league.

1662386980825.png

3 – 2 was the result in a game against Larne. Bringing the gap between us and them to 9. Almost was a draw but a nice header from Dan Brown in extra time was what got us the win.

1662386992718.png

The 200th game of the save lined up with the Irish Cup match against Larne. This match was honestly a boring affair. No major chances for both teams in regular time would take the game to extra time. Nothing would change and penalties was what was needed to decide a winner. Every single play on the pitch had a chance with it taking 22 penalties to decide a winner. That would be us thanks to their keeper fumbling it and Taylor finishing it when needed. To the Semi-final we go.

1662387006241.png

Linfield is the next to face to get to the final.

A goalless draw with Glentoran is what rounds off the league before the split in the table. 5 games remain to play, and we are looking at a 2nd or 3rd place finish if we avoid something disastrous occurring.

1662387022864.png

Last edited:
This is how the title challenge looks going into the final 5 games. Due to the order, we will play Linfield in the league followed by playing them in the Semi-final of the Irish Cup. I might sacrifice the league to be in the best position to move to the final and hopefully win the Cup.

1662559267346.png

Well, a rotated team was selected for the game against Linfield, they pulled something off that I didn’t expect. A great first half performance allowed the team to see out a win. We can take this to the next game and hopefully get to the final. We are two for two now in the last five games.

1662559279497.png

The semi-final would be almost a mirror result, only real difference was that we weren’t two up at half time. Through to the final we go with a 33k cash injection from playing in the semi being a bonus to it all. I also don’t want to sound arrogant about it as I know what FM can be like, but we play Loughgall in the final, currently 9th place in the second division.

1662559328262.png

Everything was going well we were in a position where it was possible that we could have won the league. With 2 games left one against Glentoran we had to win them both, first came Glenavon. This started well and we were leading 11 minutes in. Held on until the 85th minute when an equaliser was scored, and the game finished at that. That was it, Glentoran was crowned champions of the league. So close yet so far.

1662559340637.png

On the flip side we now face a battle for 2nd place. We simply need a point.

The work in the league has been finished. A 2 – 0 win over Glentoran coming from a 30 second goal from Willis and an excellent freekick by McCullough sees us take 2nd. This result means that the club will be getting 152k in prize money and a position in the first qualifying round of the EURO Cup II. Excited to play in Europe for the first time in the save.

1662559359752.png

The final of the Northern Irish Cup had to come down to penalties, we were on top but failed to get something past the keeper. A similar theme of penalties occurred, and we have been crowned champions. Taking the total times that the club has won the competition to two.

1662559380439.png

Another great side of this season’s achievements is that we have made the club clear of dept with a positive balance. I may need to work with the board for the wage budget as there is little increase for next season but that could change, only time will tell.

To add to the season Willis came out as the top goal scorer of the league with 20. Adding more to a great season by him.

We certainly have some work to be done in the transfer department as I want to improve where I can. The board have given me what I would say is more than enough finances to do exactly that.

1662559408891.png

Prep starts for next league with work towards a new couching badge, a rejected affiliate request, trials and contract offers. I really want to boost this club and make it one of the strongest in the league.

End of the season awards came through and the club as a few to their name for the season. Anthony Marshall the young defender wins both player of the year and younger player of the year. I have realised I’ve not done him justice in highlighting his quality. Willis picked up the golden boot and we win manager of the year.

So here are the stats for Marshall, I would say he has been alright

1664043529420.png

Just before the draw to see what team we will be against in Europe, I have received a very interesting email for a Ryan Reynolds. This is the first time I have been approached by a team in this save. I will attend the interview but the decision to stay or not will be difficult.

1664043538664.png

Turning to the draw for the European competitions we have been drawn against NSI from the Faroe Islands starting with the away leg.

1664043548544.png

If we are to beat them in the two legs, we will move on to take Rosenborg from the Norwegian Premier Division with an average wage being £2000 over half our total wage usage at this point it will be a very difficult challenge.

The running for the Wrexham join has ended with Paul Cook getting the job over me. I would have had to think about the job as it would have been the second time, I moved away from a club just before a chance to have games in Europe. But that is now the past we stay at Bangor and look to develop the club.

With his performances last season, it was obvious that some offers would be made for Willis and we have just had the first, I want to keep hold of him but I know it might be harder as time goes on.

1664043593452.png

Although a few days later this will be less of a problem as he signs a new contract extending his stay by another year at most.

Travelling to the Faroe Islands for the game against NSI, we were the underdogs. A gamble of a team choice was made fielding 5 players for their debuts. It didn’t start well with going a goal down after 16 minutes, but by the 25th we were up 2 – 1 with Willis and loanee David Barrett. It would be those two again in the second half giving us 4 goals against their 2 with both halves having 3 goals each. We return to Northern Ireland in the driving seat

1664043609944.png

The second leg came and went. Started quietly until the 30th minute when we gave a penalty away closing the game on aggregate. This was a worry with just a goal in it at that point. After the game settled down again until Willis gave us one back to restore the gap. An offside goal was the only other occurrence in the game after that, but we make it through to verse Rosenborg

1664043629235.png

In terms of strengthening the squad, I feel we have taken strong steps towards this. The best area that we have been able to improve on has been the midfield. Two excellent players Jamie Doran and Aidan Steele are the two main men in the middle for the team now. In addition, we have been able to get new contracts to some of the best young players we have currently.

It was to be defeat in both legs against Rosenborg an overall of 4 -1. Unfortunate but expected in honesty. The finances earned for the appearance in the competition make it all worthwhile. In total almost half a million has been added to the bank.

1664043657058.png

Back with a Bang(or)

Hello, it’s been a while. Almost 8 months to be exact. However, as the last year of my uni degree comes to an end I’m having some more free time and have recently wanted to get back into FM so where best to bring it back and carry on with the story.

Are story with Bangor so far has seen us as champions of the Northern Irish second division and lift the Samuel Gelston’s Whiskey Irish Cup. Are first hand into European competitions in the start of the 3rd​ season with the club, which in order to keep the save fresh, will be the last at the club. I’m hoping to go out with a Bang(or), I’ll stop, all competitions are on the table. With 3 national competitions and a league will be going for everything we can get are hands on. Hopefully anyway. We open the season with a game at Cliftonville.

1683407780901.png

We open the season with a hard-fought victory. Thanks to a penalty in the 68th​ minute converted by Paul Willis. Despite a penalty scare against us earlier in the game against us the result could have been different. But we are looking to get the early momentum going and this is a good start.

The main focus is new signings at the moment. The team is currently seen as one of the weaker teams present and I can’t count on the AI to keep morale up allowing the team to have full confidence in games. With the injection of money from the European games this should be easier to do, we will see what comes.

After a review of the squad the improvements that are needed to be made are clearly in the depth. We have some excellent players at the club but when it comes to rotating them the gap in quality is large.

We start the signings very strongly, with Lorent Talla joining the midfield. The 21-year-old Kosovan comes in great backup. In addition, we bring in Darragh McBrien, with over 100 games in the top flight he brings experience and becomes the main strength for the team at left wing.

1683407789998.png

More signings are hopefully on their way and some less able player will be leaving the club as well.

We bring royalty to the club with the next signing, Prince Henry. A player that is around the same quality as Paul Willis just more of a set piece player. Time will tell if he turns out to be a good deal but as a second choice at this stage I can’t complain.

1683407796458.png

In the series of signings that have been made, a familiar face has returned to the club. Spending the last two season on loan at the club Ruairi McConville returns to the club as a permanent signing. Having an average rating of 7.34 and 7.37 for those loan seasons he is more than welcome back to partner Marshall in the back line.

The first domestic cup game of the season sees a difficult game with a rotated side, this was done to give the new boys a run together and see where we are weak at the moment. The answer to that was full backs, I don’t think I can rely on them for this season and with less than a week in the transfer market left, the hunt starts now. Excellent introduction by the Prince to the fans can’t be brushed past and it was great to see the McConville Marshall combination up and running again.

1683407811573.png

That’s all for now, but more will be coming, I’ve enjoyed the few games I’ve played getting back into this save. Thank you.​

We open up with the news that we have successfully bag our Continental C licence. Improving are ability as a manager.

The last signing of the current transfer period comes in the form of a Left back, Jenson. At 19 years old I hope he can form into on of the greats at the club. He looks very promising at the moment with development still to come from him.

1683489256159.png

The work that has been done it the transfer window has been great. The overall quality of the team has been greatly improved. In turn when it comes to the season odds the club is being seen as a mid-table side on players alone. Hopefully I have more impact and make it so that the club is a consistent top-level team for years to come.

The first month of the season comes to an end with 5 wins out of 5. Things are looking good at the start of the season.

1683489261281.png

Our next game in the league sees us take on Crusaders who are currently 2nd​, if we win we can start to build some breathing room at the top quickly. At most a 5-point gap could be present. We also face them in the Shield competition for a spot in the semi-final in just over a month.

3 – 0 was the final score, could have been 4 if Willis didn’t miss a fumble from the keeper, but we open a 5-point lead after just 5 games, with the next game coming against the new 2nd​ place.

1683489269785.png

A narrow 1 – 0 victory sees us extend the lead at the top of the table to 8 points. It looked destined to be a goalless affair with nothing hitting the target, an offside goal looked like the only event. Until a late penalty that Willis was able to send to the back of the net.

1683489274106.png

The high-flying start to the season has come to an end, with the first league loss in 19 games. Glentoran bagged two and we couldn’t hit the broadside of a barn. Even at the end when the team were on top, nothing seemed to work.

1683489286081.png

Another month done, and a difficult one at that. All the victories in the league came against at the time 2nd​ place.

1683489293505.png

We had a cup double, and both went the way we would like them to. Ballinamallard, despite being the weaker of the opposition put up the hardest fight with them taking the lead within 20 minutes. But thankfully we pulled it back. Crusaders were a completely different story with offering little trouble for the defence.

1683489298234.png

Well, we aren’t far into the season, and it looks like the board what to keep me on at the club for longer, I will be leaving at the end of the year, but I will be seeing what they offer.

1683489309268.png

So, I went into this meeting with a single aim, make the board take the hardest step in developing a club. It is now official, at the end of the season Bangor will be a professional football club. Great to see and I wish this will help them become the main name in Northern Irish football.

1683489313504.png

11 games into the season, 10 wins and 1 loss are how it has gone, a massive gap of 12 points is present. Last season 78 points was enough to be crowned champion of the league and since the start of the save 85 has been the highest obtained. I’d say we are able to do that and more at this stage. I’ll not talk about the most points in a season yet.

1683489317293.png

I have been approached by the Oxford board for an interview to become their new manager. The club are currently rock bottom of League one with 2 points from 18 games. It would be a huge challenge to take but I would potentially be leaving the chance to earn up to 4 pieces of silverware. I’ll have to think about it.

1683489322573.png

Just 2 days after attending the interview at Oxford, Rotherham are now in my inbox offering an interview of their own. On paper they have the better team and are just inside the relegation zone, 13 points in total, less of an ask but still things to think about. This is starting to get interesting.​

Last edited: