We were not offered the Oxford job, didn’t want it anyway.

The Co. Antrim Shield came around and it was a chance to get revenge on Glentoran. Pelling got the lead in 5 minutes, to only want to go home early as he earned a straight red card 20 minutes later. Not to be set back the team had a 4 – 0 lead with the only response coming in the 86th ​until extra time where we grab another. Was a great game to watch.

1683641696868.png

Also, Henry showing his worth in the air with two headed goals.

We bring in another player, after we had some players leave due to not being good enough anymore the players felt like there was a lack of depth at centre-back. With almost everyone in the club saying this I acted before it came an issue. In comes Larkin an older head who might not play much but still a good player to have to fall back on if needed.

1683641701217.png

We have been offered a new contract by the board, an extension of a year. I’m sticking to the plan of leaving at the end of the year, but I could be tempted if we have a great year and could do the same again. Would be great for overall progress in the save.

1683641706958.png

For the time I rejected the talks

An absolute kick in the teeth, 3 games, 3 losses. Worst of all we fall to a late defeat in the semi-final of the Bet McLean Cup. All have been narrow, but the goal haven’t been going in, all from the 5 – 1 victory over Glentoran, who we face next in the league. Currently second with 6 points between us.

1683641712350.png

Just before the start of the game, we get the news of an unsuccessful interview at Rotherham. My previous points still stand. Moving onto the game it was filled with little chances for both teams. Trialling a new 4-2-2-2 formation at the start of the game the first half went quickly. Until the start of the second when we were gifted a penalty that was comfortably put in by Willis, taking him to 17 total goals in the season so far.

1683641717051.png

Following a 1 – 0 revenge win over Ballymena we travelled to Glenavon just 3 days after. The month of December is packed with fixture, with 8 league games total. So, a more rotated side was sent out, we were to be 2 – 0 down at the end of the first half. An amazing comeback ensued making it so that we were level, almost taking the lead in the last minute with a shot that went slightly wide so it wasn’t to be.

1683641726895.png

We finish December with 22 points out of the possible 24. Highlights include a 4-goal masterclass from Willis against Larne, and some great goal keeping from Callum Taylor, keeping the opposition from scoring at times when it was most needed. We face Glentoran again next, who are forming to be the only opposition for the title, although 10 points is the gap going into the game.

1683641732721.png

1683641737383.png

Another game against Glentoran, another 1 – 0 win for us, could have been 2 – 0 or 1 – 2. We missed a penalty and they had some great chances late in the game but Taylor carried on with his form and stopped them when he was needed.

1683641742832.png

The Northern Irish Cup game against Strabane, A team in a non-playable league turned out to be a stressful one. 2 – 0 up at half time, they get one back. I make 3 changes to keep fresh legs going. Adam Carroll is then injured, taking us down to 10 men, we grab another to ease the nerves. The Steele goes and get a red card leaving it with 10 minutes left to last 2 men down. In these ten minutes they come close twice and score once. We win but what should have been an easy result was far from it.

1683641748543.png

Quite unexpected stat has been highlighted, despite being primarily being brought in to cover for Willis. Prince Henry is 1 MotM away from having the same amount that Willis managed to get last season. He has been putting in good results when called upon I will admit.

1683754862312.png

After a 2 – 0 loss against Crusaders, where I fielded a weaker side in order to get everyone I needed rested, we headed into the Antrim Shield Final against Cliftonville. An error from their defence made it so Willis grabbed the opener in the first half. McCullough then scored from a free kick near the start of the second to double the lead. Willis then got his brace with 5 minutes left to win the competition. The second domestic cup for us in Northern Ireland.

1683754867095.png

1683754870581.png

Shortly after the final we have a transfer offer from Burton Albion for Marshall. There isn’t a world in which he would rather stay at the club. We do what is right and we have to accept after some negotiation. We still have him till the end of the season which is the biggest plus to the deal.

1683754879603.png

Coming up to 33 games in the league, which is the point the table splits in two, we are keeping up the good form with a lucky draw to Dungannon, 2 – 1 down in the first half, it looked like it would finish that way until a red card gave the lifeline we needed getting the goal 9 minutes later.

1683754883323.png

We have also started to work on getting the Continental B licence, as the board has granted up the funding to do so.

Into the quarterfinal’s of the Irish Cup after a 1 – 0 victory against Queens University. 30 total shots were taken, 11 of which were on target so it could have been much worse for the opposition Glad to see such a large backing from the fans at the game as well. Cliftonville will be the next opposition.

1683754891366.png

With just a single game left before the table splits a destruction of Carrick means that we have secured are place in the EURO Cup II. This means that we have secured a second-place finish at worse with seven games left in the season. We currently have an 11-point gap at this stage.

1683754902793.png

Progress has been made to the semi-final of the Northern Irish Cup as we win against Cliftonville 2 – 1 in an equal match. Russell Pelling assisting and scoring showing his quality. His loan club Exeter look like they won’t be extending his contract so if we can get his signature that would be great for the club.

1683754908067.png

The semi final will be played against Larne, we have faced them 4 times this season beating them every time, including 5 – 1 as a result. But FM could be FM, so it isn’t granted that we progress. Just look at the Bet McLean Cup game against Ballymena as an example.

1683754914220.png

The names that are hotly linked to the leagues young player of the year have been released. Dungannon’s Richard McAuley is the main name in the article. The others mentioned all seem to have something in common, however.

1684089587453.png

The third contract offer has come in from the board, they want me to stay. I honestly might take another year. The chance to hopefully win another league and have a shot at 3 domestic competitions, on top of all that European football. An extra year with that added to the reputation in game could be invaluable.

As for the league, we enter the table split with needed a single win to seal the league victory. Who better to go against in the first match that Glentoran, they are currently second and have won the league in the last 4 years. With the clashes this season I will have to propose this as a future rivalry if this carries on.

1684089592804.png

We started fairly slow in the game with no highlights but the stats favouring Glentoran. In the 22nd​ minute some fumbling with there defence leads to Willis belting one in from outside the box after a missing interception. It was brought level in the start of the second half by some poor defending from our side this time around. A free kick resulted in Marshall heading into an empty net to gain back the lead. From then on a single chance occurs and the whistle is blown. Clinching the league victory for the club.

1684089599396.png

The club has won the topflight of Northern Irish football for the first time, with 4 games left we have managed 80 points at this point. All focus will now be on ensuring we have the best chance to win the Northern Irish Cup.

The Irish Cup victory dream continues as we make it to the final after a great 2 - 0 victory over Larne. We move on to go against Crusaders. We have 3 games left in the season to prepare for that game.

1684089605775.png

We finish the league fairly well, with 3 games in 5 days for some reason, we had a week with nothing after the semi-final. The team was running on almost empty at Larne but the form against them continues. We rest and prepare for the final.

1684089613511.png

The final, a great setup with Crusaders one of the few teams that have managed to get one over us this season, last time we met it was close match game. So, this sets up for an exciting encounter, right? Right? 3 highlights all game plus extra time. Penalties it was to be. Bit of a disappointing game honestly. But we won!

1684089616895.png

1684089620754.png

Two years in a row for the club now, an excellent history is being formed from the work conducted here. Another note is that with that victory we have entered the N. Ireland Hall of Fame. We hold the 9th​ position for 3 seasons of work.​

The decision has been made; I have decided to take charge of Bangor for another year. I know I said I wouldn’t, but I see more positives in staying than leaving at this stage. The first job is to calm the ship with the professional transition of the club. New contracts are offered left and right, getting part timers to come full time.

We bring back Barrett on a permanent deal from TNS as they were offering him out for free so why not. Marshall’s replacement has been found and signed, an expensive acquisition for this club but I think it's worth it. Welcome to the club N’Goma.

1684440109771.png

The double legged game in the Champions Cup starts the season, we go against Neftci from Azerbaijan. Starting with the away fixture. We didn’t get off to a great start, being a goal down at 11 minutes. The man that turned the game was David Barret, joining the club on a permanent deal at the start of the season, he came through with 2 goals and an assist to make the first leg result 3 – 1 in our favour. We have a week until the home game.

1684440119797.png

Before the game we make another signing. Jon O’Connor. He will be playing out on the wing over his typical role of a striker. He needs to work on his passing but still young and should be quick and hard to handle out in that position at the level of football we are at.

1684440129500.png

The second leg looked like it would be a stalemate. All until the last 10 when we had the breakthrough a goal at 85 minutes from Carroll would be the start, then the star from the last game Barrett coming in at the start of extra time to make it 5 – 1 on aggregate. We go against KI from the Faroe Islands in the next round.

The first game against KI was a wipe out, 4 – 0 at the final whistle. Braces for both McBrein and Jon O’Connor on his first game for the club. In the second game was almost the same 3 – 0 with Doran having a brace this time out. Winning 7 – 0 over the two games isn’t bad. Next up Spartak Trnava

1684440136155.png

The first game in the league sees us away at Linfield, the final score was to be 1 – 1. depending on if the league goes similarly to the last, I will be quickly going through this season, highlighting only the select games but we will have to see how things go.

As for the European matches, a 1 – 2 loss against Spartak was the overall result. We still have European games to play as we enter the playoff for the Euro Cup, if we are to loss that we are still in the group stage of the Euro Cup II.

1684440145811.png

The first leg against Vilanznia was an entertaining affair. 3 – 2 being the score into the second leg at home. A hattrick from Willis being the main highlight. The second game was quiet and ended 0 – 0. Meaning that we have made it to the group stage of the Euro Cup. A massive 2.9 million added to the bank account for just getting to that stage.

The draw for the group stage doesn’t look easy, biggest name present is that of RB Leipzig.

1684440154687.png

The first game in League Cup sees us take on Dungannon, we haven’t had the greatest of starts to this season. Most of the success being in the cup competitions so we looked to continue this. Starting with conceding just eight minutes in. However, we did manage to get back and ended up winning 2 – 1. A big relief as this is the only competition we are yet to win.

1684440167864.png

In terms of overall progress, we have completed the month of August. As I said the league performance hasn’t been great, 2 losses, a draw, and a win. But it is still early in the season, and we can still bring it back.

1684440176248.png

Focusing more on the league, the performances we are putting in are getting better. We sit forth with just 3 points from the top. A victory against Dungannon being the most recent. Was set to be a draw until Hall-Johnson headed in just before the final whistle.

1684771127087.png

Further progress into the domestic cups is being done by getting to the Bet McLean Cup third round with a penalty shootout win over Glentoran.

On another note, I’ve been applying for other jobs while we progress in the season. I’m open to moving and taking a step up to a more reputable club and league is the next step in the save.

The Antrim Shield provides the first derby in a while. The North Down Derby against Ards, every meeting I have had as a manager has been a victory, so we look to continue that trend. The first half had us on top with most of the main chances, but no goal could be found. The second half was less eventful taking the game to extra time. A well-placed cross saw Henry head the ball in to get the lead in the first half of ET. That was how it finished, progressing to the semi-final.

1684771144563.png

A recent tactical shift in is paying off, the only losses coming in the last 2 months being from European games, which is just there to boost the bank account at this point. A dominant 2 – 0 win against Ballinamallard and a competitive 1 – 1 draw against Linfield, current league leaders, are the most recent results.

1684771158891.png

In the league we are 12 games in out of the 38. Currently joint forth due to goal difference, 4 points behind. But currently the top 6 are close together.

1684771172338.png

Well, a surprise has been thrown up, we play two games against Derry City in the Irish Champions Cup. A competition I didn’t know existed until the games were added to the calendar. We have a chance to be the first Northern Ireland club to win so we will give it the best we can.

The first round was played at home where we managed to hold out for a goalless draw, keeping the game open heading into the second leg of the competition.

The club prepared for the next round away from home, but there would be one notable difference this time around. I would not be in the dugout. We have packed bags and moved on after being offered a position that I couldn’t say no to. We have become the new manager of a struggling Cambridge United.

Currently 22nd in League Two having 17 points from 16 games, we have 3 days to prep the team and get a plan together before a FA Cup first round replay against Crewe.

1684771187129.png

First thing to note about the team, is the number of players in the first team, 35. So some trimming needs to be done. But we are in mid November so the transfer window is approaching. Although some are out on loan already, but overviewing the players there is some dead wood

With a plan on who to keep and who needs to go, we go into the first game. It was us who got the opened with an excellent through ball. Crewe did come back and level the game just 6 minutes later so half time the teams were level. The second would see us take the lead again this time with no response. The first game at the club is a win. The next 3 games call see us face teams in a similar league position to us. Could be season defining.

1684772357079.png

From these 3 games we took 5 points Boreham Wood would be the team that we got the victory from, the others ended as 1 – 1 draws. Discipline of the team is dreadful I will say, we move on to a double header of cup competitions.​

We start with everyone's favourite English competition. The Papa-Johns Trophy, we play Forest Green Rovers. With them being in the league above it was going to be a difficult task. At 21 minutes in they found the first and continued to pressure until half time. This continued until an unlikely equaliser was found. Leading to a penalty shootout. This went until the 7th​ kicker, our keeper Teddy saving seeing us go to the next round.

1685711198960.png

The second cup game was the FA Cup second round, against fellow league two side Fleetwood. Being gifted a penalty just 8 minutes in was great, then are right back decided to get two yellow cards in 5 minutes to bring us to 10 men after not even 30 minutes had elapsed. Fleetwood would later draw level, but another goal meant we won at the final whistle.

View attachment 639227

There has been some transfer movement occurring, a few lining up, but I will do a full update on the transfers when all business is done. However, a familiar face is resulting to work with me at Cambridge.

With a win against Woking, we are starting to get the team into the swing of things, standing at a 5 unbeaten run in the league, two wins and 3 draws, we are working up the table as we have got to 17th​ there isn’t much between each position however at this stage so we could still easily fall back down the order.

View attachment 639228

We rounded up December with a demolition of Hartlepool, 5 – 2. This sees the club rise to 10th​ in the league, with a 9 game run without suffering a defeat. Entering the transfer window where we will have ins and outs occurring.

1685711234453.png

A double cup heading, with the Pap Johns Trophy being followed by the FA cup. First up Ipswich, being in the league above it was a great chance to see how the team compares. It was a close game, being level until the 85th​ minute where an unfortunate own goal was the decider. The FA cup saw us go against Leeds away from home. They proved how much better they were with a strong 3 – 0 game. Just the league remains for us.

1685711245796.png
1685711248333.png

We round up January with a very up and down set of results, out of all cup competitions and 7 points in the league. The best of which would be the draw against Gillingham who find themselves top at this stage in the competition. We have made some real quality signings that you will be seeing in the next update as we round off the month with deadline day.

1685711259421.png

The next update will be coming soon with all the deals that we have brought to the club.​

Welcome to the transfer update. Covering all the business conducted at Cambridge until the end of the transfer period in January.

First business conducted was a series of loans, due to the club not having an U23 team, many peoples that should be playing weren’t. In addition, some players were on the out due not being happy about the club being relegated in the previous season. 105K over 2 years for a 31-year-old wasn’t too bad in my opinion.

The incomings will be mainly focused on free transfers, we do bring in Jenson Hall-Johnson from Bangor as I can see him playing a part in this squad due to his quick development and versatility. The first free signing was that of Tommy Leigh, a bit older at 27 but someone that can perform well at this level in a position where depth is needed.

1686430121908.png

Second free transfer to come in is Ben Nelson. Bring up the level of defenders that we currently have, he slots right into the first team.

1686430129273.png

With one of the players that wanted to leave being the start striker a replacement needed to be sorted. For this we signed Kyle Joseph, he looks promising for this level. One issue is that he appears to struggle to find the back of the net, we shall see how he performs here.

1686430140427.png

We have been signing a few others that will be acting as cover for the squad, this depth improvement will continue into next season as some players could easily be swapped out for better ones. A highlight of the recent transfers is another striker Stephen McDowell, coming over from Linfield. At just 3K and winning out his signature over West Brom he is some acquirement for the club.

1686430148066.png

We started the deadline day deals with a loanee coming in from Aston Villa, Teo Ruggiero, an Italian left wing back. At the age of 19 he will be acting as some cover for a position that I have no one in reserve to cover.

1686430170672.png

And with that the window shuts, we have a free transfer in the pipeline, if the player decides to sign is something we will have to see about in the future.​

A strong double win over two sides that are in the playoff positions first a strong 3 – 1 over rivals Stevenage, where both of the forward strikers combined for two of the goals. Carlisle was a one-sided affair with a single shot on target going against us. We have two games against lower positioned sides, after that we have 10 games left.

1688040242278.png

6 points were taken from the two games, the first a simple 2 – 0 seeing up take the lowest playoff position after the fact. The second game was a nail biter, down 2 – 1 in the first half. An equaliser was found in the 63rd​ minute and multiple chances followed for both teams to find a winner. A red card in the final minute gave the team a free kick just outside the box. Gamble managed to put it into the top left corner to get the 3 points. This is how the table looks with 10 games to play.

1688040265351.png

At a look at the playing stats of Kyle Joseph a potential issue with his goal scoring was present. However, he comes out of February being named the player of the month. He seems to be fitting into the system here at Cambridge.

1688040300363.png

The first game into the last 10 and we get a win to take us too forth. Surprise package was that of Tracey, after 5 months out with a broken upper leg he returned with 35 minutes to play and found two goals needed for the win.

1688040304915.png

The postponement of a game just before the international break means that after the conclusion we have the last 6 games to play, starting with the Bristol Rovers game that had been put back, 3 of these games, including Bristol are currently positioned within the top 10 so it will be a challenging end to the season.

1688040309975.png

The Bristol game started as every game should, a quick goal in the first 10 to lead. All well and good until and equaliser at 20 minutes. In the end it was to be a first half show with another going in our favour. Only other key event of the game was a straight red for a Bristol defender at the end of the game.

1688040319346.png

It was also youth intake time, with very little coming through that could be of help to the team. Some could be helpful later on to the club to get a small amount of income in a few years, however.

The Season has entered the final race. 4 games left and with 8 teams in contention for every promotion and playoff position, no one has their position secured. It will be an interesting few games. My initial position is that I club will be better off not earning promotion have having a summer to be truly ready for league one football again.

1688040324541.png

The first game of the 4 was a quite game for our side, with nothing of note being provided and Woking getting the goal that was needed, we fall to 6th​ in the league with other results that happened.

A game against bottom Sutton was the perfect chance to get back an important win, that is exactly what we managed, two clean through balls and a penalty was what was needed in the first half.

1688040329454.png

The third game result secures a playoff position for the club at least. Being 2 – 0 up at half time to then draw 2 – 2 does hurt a little but we really can’t be upset by the performance this season. The club was 22nd​ when I started as manager.

Joseph’s goal scoring form continues as well, he has almost got as many goals with us since joining as he has had in his whole career.

1688040333347.png

Final game in the league before the playoffs against Rotherham, it was a must win for them to earn the last playoff position. However, McDowell had other ideas and put one in the next in the second half. We finish 5th​ and go on to play Layton Orient in the playoff.

1688040340644.png

The prep for the playoffs starts with two bits of news. The first a major injury for Daniel Suddick a youngster that I had set up as a backup striker as I plan for next season. Damaged cruciate ligaments sees him out for 7 to 9 months, with an Injury release clause and his contract over at the end of next year he is out of the club. On the other hand, McDowell is handed a position in the Northern Irish National team, the 21-year-old is doing amazing with a value of 1.3 to 2.8 million, we signed him for 3K.

For the first leg we travel to Layton Orient, a rivalry for a high value two games. The start of the match was not good. 4 minutes it took for Leyton to get the lead, then later the woodwork stopped a second. The second half started better, the shot count for us started to go up. Joseph replaced McDowell, him and Joesph combined at 66 minutes to bring the game to 1 – 1. This must have caused a spark as just 2 minutes later Nelson would shoot from just outside the box to give us the lead.

1688148119726.png

The second leg started with a quite first half, no key chances for either team. The second half had the action to it, a rocket strike from Joesph was the first of the match. Layton got one back later on to make it 3 – 2 on aggregate. A mistake from the defence almost made it 3 – 3 at the 81st​ minute. But the team held on to the match and secured the position in the playoff final. We now face Chesterfield.

1688148127246.png

The Wembley crowd was in for a boring first half, no major chances just a few shots for both teams. It must have been treated to settle into the game, as Chesterfield did that, just at the start of the second half a good set piece comes into the box and his just headed in over Sharman to give them the lead. This again settled the match all the way to the final whistle. 1 – 0 would be the final score and we were set for another season in League Two.

The rebuild for next season starts now. For the next season I will be leading with a 5-2-1-2, the key areas to sign players will be for wing backs and midfield currently.

The build starts well with securing the services of Sharman-Lowe, 2 year extension on his contract, had to have a release clause but hopefully it pushes away any clubs for a little while. Right Wing back is also getting some love, the job over at Northern Ireland is paying off in some cheap deals being made. Adam Rooney comes in for 25K.

1688148138213.png

Next signing and its another right wing back, Ken Frances, on loan from Celtic to act as the positions cover for the season with those two and a signing that will hopefully go in our favour soon, we just need two more signings before I have my first and backup 11. After that it is just improving when and where we can.

1688148166950.png

Fending off interest from others with a new contract for Gamble is also another plus to what has been a successful start to the transfer window has been.

The signing I was hoping for is over the line and he has joined the club. Backup goalkeeper Joss Stephenson, hopefully he develops well compared to Sharman he is obviously not as good, but some aspects don’t have much difference.

1688148174757.png

A couple of departures in Campbell and Casey have opened positions in the squad so a few more signings need to be made. The scouting department has been working and replacements were set, one of these is Mitch Kenworthy.

1688148204889.png

Another signing that has been made is Stachurski a Polish defender coming from Norwich for a fee of 45k, which has been covered by the outings that have occurred.

1688148244714.png

One of the last signings that will be made, baring any outings that do occur if offers are good enough. Baylin Johnson comes in on a free to act as cover for the striker positions.

1688148252399.png

And finally, the last signing we are making unless someone is to leave. Jordan Hackett. Likely to be the first-choice left wing back at this point until Hall-Johnson gets more accustomed to the position. For 26k he hopefully will be worth the pennies and help us charge for promotion this year.

With the team lining up as the following, the season is about to get underway, with an opener against Carlisle.

1688148273665.png

The season starts with the typically competition draws, finding out who we will be playing in what. First round of the Carabao Cup sees us against a difficult Swansea. While the Papa John’s Trophy group sees us with the likes of Millwall and newly promoted Dulwich Hamlet.

1688478706330.png

The preview of the season sees us predicted to finish third, while having 2 of the medias star team. Hopefully a good sign for the things to come.

So, with the decided first 11 out on the field we head into the game against Carlisle. In the 17th​ minute Rooney decided to introduce himself to the fans with an excellent cross into the middle of the box allowing Joesph to head in the first goal of the season. An offside shot and a header from a corner with 2 minutes left was what remained of the highlights for this match. 3 point in the first game.

1688478716353.png

Carabao Cup game against Swansea was next, could the little league two side come up big against the Championship promotion hopefuls away from home. When it’s put like that, probably not but only time will tell.

The game started as I expected, a highlight in the first 2 minutes of play. Passing around the front of our goal getting it close one or two times, until Leigh makes a run down the wing, passes to Joseph who finds McDowell in space to get us the first goal in 3 minutes with an incredible counterattack. They score from a free kick 5 minutes later. 10 minutes into the second half they then take the lead.

A red card with 25 to play then takes us from bad to worse, this seems to make Swansea let their guard down however, another counterattack this time from a failed free kick as we level again, the second Rooney cross header goal in as many games. With a ball through the defense with 2 minutes left Swansea grabbed the winner. Overall, an entertaining game.

1688478726608.png

Dulwich Hamlet is to be the first opposition to face in the Papa John’s Trophy. We fielded a very rotated side in order to get some starts and appearances for the rotation players. A ball across the box by Johnson late into the first half was the games opener. Kenworthy then got a second from 22 metres.

1688478754266.png

With Deadline day some business needed to be done, first Ludvigsen wanted to go out on loan, then Jobe was signed by Sheffield Wednesday, so a new centre back was needed. This is where Steve Wardrope comes in, a young player that still needs to develop but still quite brave and can jump.

1688478775258.png

There is interest in Perry, so if he also goes to another club then another player will be needed but not at this moment. 8 hours are left.

No other business occurred so here is how the first month looked for this season, 10 points out of 12 is a decent start to the season and we are second in the league with 3 teams on 10 points.

1688478797485.png

The month starts with a draw against Boreham Wood at Meadow Park. All goals coming in the first 30 with some chances towards the end for both sides. Fairly equal game all things considered.

1688478805341.png

The impact of Wardrope has already been felt, I highlighted his jumping and bravery, those two paid off against Hartlepool. In what was an eventless game, the only highlight was a set piece that was headed in by Wardrope in the last few minutes of the game.

1688478822189.png

We have finally bagged the Continental A licence as well, further improving our ability to train the players.

After a lucky comeback draw against Barrow we headed to face Plymouth, one of the favourites for promotion that have found themselves in a bad start to the season. They were on top overall, clearly looking for the win to turn the season start around. But it would be the McDowell, Joseph combination that is proving to be very dangerous to provide 3 points.

1688478830373.png

A new contract has been offered from the Chairperson as they are looking to sell the club. Will be interesting to see who takes over, but I will be taking year extension and slight pay rise.

A defensive masterclass against Millwall, along with a quick two goals late on sees us take 6 points in the Papa John’s Trophy group stage, we are in the best position possible to carry on in the competition going into the last game which will be against Southampton U23.

1688478839738.png

A game against newly relegated Northampton. I don’t really know what to say, so I’ll just put this image here and you can look for yourself.

1688478853654.png

Two games against other teams that are in the promotion charge with us, possible 6 valuable points. We were to get 1. A loss against Southend where we didn’t perform at all, then a 1 – 1 draw against Tranmere where again a poor performance was had. Not the best following the 6 – 3 game.

1688830927008.png
1688830989841.png

Take over news is still going on as a transfer embargo put in by the board.

1688831036045.png

4 games, 4 of the same result. It looked like the luck had turned when against Morecambe but an injury after subs were made meant that they were able to get a goal in the last minute of the game. Two cup matches now follow.

1688831051257.png

Well, we can’t seem to win against League Two opposition but when it comes to League One, yeah we sure can win against those. 3 – 1 being the final score against Accrington means that we are now in the second round of the FA Cup.

1688831395351.png

A second half performance to be proud of lead to a 3 – 0 victory over Southampton U23s. Meaning we have had the perfect group stage performance with 3 wins. Millwall is the team that will be coming along with us as they win over Dulwich.

1688831441333.png

With 2 mins in a row against Dulwich Hamlet and Woking, we have managed to rise back up the league to second. A 4 points gap is currently present as Shrewsbury are top. We have two more league games then we are going against Charlton in the Papa John’s Trophy.

Just before the match against Charlton we pick up 4 more points, taking us to first in the league. Current threats to that are Tranmere with a game in hand and only a point behind and Fleetwood who have 2 in hand. The win in the games came against Rotherham, a 4 – 0 result where the team played wonderfully.

1688831478740.png

The final game of the month was to be against Charlton, currently running away in first place in League One. So overall the game was fairly equal however, it was to be Charlton to win with a single goal. We move into December with a match in the FA Cup against Walsall, who are currently at the opposite end of the table to Charlton.

1688831521465.png

The Walsall game went goalless so we will have a replay later on in the season.

The take over has been complete. The new chairperson wants the club to get promoted, according to their vision within the next 4 years at least. Opposed to the old boards 5-year plan. In addition, 2 bids for players have been made without my any input from myself. Both are set to be squad players and the boards bids have been much more than I have had to pay for some first team players.

The final decision did come as both players accepted contracts from the club, I just had to reject them, overpriced and on contracts that wouldn’t have been beneficial for the club.

The replay against Walsall was played with a rotated side, more of the second team on the field down to an important league game against Shrewsbury. 2 – 1 would be the final score taking us to the third round, Leicester away from home.

1688831563580.png

The top of the league clash was as it should be, 6 yellow cards in a tight competition. Shrewsbury grabbed the lead in the 27th​ minute with a great shot from outside the box after a corner delivery. We answered back just before half time when McDowell hit one off the post from 23 metres out. This would be if for the goals and we share the points, staying first and second.

1688831620996.png

Just before the halfway mark for the season, McDowell is on the verge of making history for the club.

1688831660360.png

A lucky win against Crewe marks the halfway point for our league campaign. Currently first with a game in hand over Shrewsbury in second.

1688831691331.png

The winning ways continue with 6 points from games against Rotherham and Swindon, as we go to the last days in December where we face both Doncaster and Southend over 3 days it will be a real test of the squad’s depth and ability, 6 key points that could extend the lead we currently have.

A slight tactical shift brought down the intensity of the team for the next games, thinks started with a goalless draw against Doncaster which rounded up the month. The result made sweet by Shrewsbury losing against Grimsby making the gap 4 points between us.

1689342705031.png

I had a feeling if we were to lose a fixture that was coming soon it was to be the Southend game. With them being quick off the mark and being up in the 9th​ minute it looked like I would be right. An equaliser wasn’t enough as they would lead at half time. Stafford would get a second yellow card at 56 minutes seeing the game out.

Until a last second free kick was bounded in off the crossbar from Gamble giving us a point.

1689342710398.png

As expected, it was defeat when we faced Leicester in the FA Cup. 2 positives out of this game were that we scored first and only lost by a single goal while they fielded mostly first team players. In the league Southend and Shrewsbury went against each other and drew, giving us a chance to build more of a gap from them.

1689342717123.png

Tranmere would be the second promotion rival we play in January, the result was 3 – 0 in our favour, a double from the McDowell, Joesph combination starting the game. The gap is starting to form as 6 points is how it stands currently. We have another game against a promotion contender in Hartlepool at the end of the month.

1689342724928.png

First business of the month we have made is in Kuriyama, a Japanese international, from Crystal Palace for 8k

1689342730095.png

The final game of the month against Hartlepool was a story of late goals, late in first half Kuriyama was to score from a corner, kicking the ball to the left corner and deflecting off a defender to go in at the right. Then a free kick in what was almost the start of the 4th​ minute of 3-minute extra time gave Hartlepool the draw.

1689342737424.png

With that the month has ended in terms of games. We are still top of the league, but the loss and draw have cost us, and the gap has fallen to a single point now.

1689342744212.png

Deadline day arrived and the only business would be done if one of Perry or Leigh left the club both with 6 months left on their contract a cash out on them would be great. Exactly that happened with Perry. Leaving for 80k, as a result we bring in Akpele on loan from Bristol City. His contract is over at the end of the year so I hope we can grab him on a permanent basis after that but we shall see.

1689342751691.png

A game against 7th​ place Plymouth would carry on a good trend Akpele debut would go along with the first goal he scores at the club. We also open a 4 point gap from Southend in second as they lose their match.

1689342755504.png

We come to the last 10 games to play with a 6 point gap that could have been 8. A late minute goal by Morecambe was to prevent that from being the case.

1689342759443.png

From the first two of the final 10 games we earned 4 points, 3 coming from Dulwich Hamlet and a point from Woking, this could have easily been 6 out of 6 if it wasn’t for the awful mistake from Sharman that created an open goal for Woking. However, the biggest thing is McDowell getting injured and is now out for potential the rest of the season.

1689342763927.png

After two more draws against Grimsby and Carlisle the squad was coming back together, a collection of suspensions and injuries left us with diminished attacking potential. We come back at it with a strong showing against Fleetwood ensuring that the point gap we have is still present, although now only 2 points left.

1689342771300.png

Sharman needs to be praised with his performance, making up for the failings in previous games.​

The first game in the last 5 sees Crawley coming to the Abbey Stadium. They sit 23rd​ so they are fighting for their survival at a key point in the season. Certainly, won’t be an easy game.

The game started excellently, a quick double in 13 minutes. This was then stubbed out at the 24th​ minute after a quick double by Crawley. A second mistake from their keeper gave back the lead before half time. Grabbing another goal in the second half was enough to see out the match. It could have been even better as Southend were 2 – 0 down but managed to come back for the win.

1689710522096.png

This is how the last games look for the 6 teams that are still involved in the battle for the promotion places. We are set to play 3 of them in our last 4 games. No pressure.

1689710531116.png

The next game sees us travel to play Solihull Moors. This game would be a back and forth one, with equal chances for both teams in the first half. The breakthrough would happen in the second half, with Johnson managing a shot that would be deflected by the carnage in the box from a free kick. This would be enough, and we get the 3 points. Southend ended with a draw against Crewe setting us in a better position to win it all.

The result also means that the club is promoted to League One no matter what, we are close to winning the league but have not crossed the line yet.

1689710537626.png

Crewe was to be the next game we would play, the stats would say that this game was equal, it was far from it. With 2 goals going our way we claimed the victory that sees us get to 91 points, 6 points ahead of Shrewsbury who have overtaken Southend after they have taken a single point from their last 2 games. With 2 games left we need a single point to take the title and win the league.

1689710543561.png

McDowell also returns to training for a chance to play some of the last games of the season.

Exeter was the next team we would have to face. The team responsible for taking down Southend when we needed it so it wouldn’t be easy. The first half showed that, a single shot on target to their 5. Counting ourselves lucky at halftime not to be down by at least 2. A double attacking sub was made at this seemed to change the game, we got the first with a Joesph header and saw the game out from there. Taking 3 and winning the League with a game to still play.

1689710551173.png

The last game will see Shrewsbury come to the Abbey Stadium, one that will decide if they finish second or third as Southend play Solihull Moors.

Final game of the season started with a soft penalty for Shrewsbury, this would be the only goal for some time till a Joesph equaliser that would get us a point in the end. The result also saw Shrewsbury drop to third due to goal difference.

Here is how the table looks after all 46 games have been played.

1689710558070.png

Kuriyama ended up winning signing of the season, getting an average 7.11 rating over the 12 appearances he made, scoring 3 goals along the way.

Work now begins for the new season and life in League One.​

I’ve made a decision on how this save will be going from now on the aim will be reset. From now on I will be trying my best to win all competitions available in the loaded leagues. Plotting what we have done so far this is how we are doing. Wales is almost done.

1689711322459.png

This will continue until the release of FM 24, I’ll be seeing if the game has enough improvements to persuade me to buy it unlike FM 23. But since coming back I’ve enjoyed this save a lot.

Thank you to everyone still checking in on this story every now and then.​

The off season starts with a job interview coming in from Ipswich, as usual in this save, I have attended all interview offers that have come in.

This did lead to a contract with Ipswich being offered but I didn’t make the switch, something that I could regret later in the save but I’m willing to take my chances.

The first piece of business that has been done by the club is the permanent signing of Akpele as his contract with Bristol City has expires.

With a successful campaign last time out it was obvious that clubs would come in for the players, the first of these to be confirmed is in Johnson and Joesph. Leaving for a combined total of 410k upfront. It has left is low on strikers but for two free transfers, the club can move forward with some smart transfers and invest to improve the club overall.

1690122636919.png

The business of bring in players to the club starts with Pritchard, a right wing back coming from Spennymoor and staying there on loan for this season. Costing 32K with lots of potential to grow into with him being 19 years of age.

1690122684479.png

At the same time we also confirmed the signing of Derek Hunter, at 21 he comes in on a free to be a backup striker, hopefully we can sort out his attitude and make him reach the potential he has but with no price tag it’s a win, win in signing him.

1690122714271.png

The striker situation for the club has been solved, we bring in two end of contract players that have been confirmed at the same time. Highlight of which is to be Tyler Burgess as we replace the Scot of Joesph with another Scot. While the other signing made in Sam Stacey coming from Blackburn, who invested almost half a million to sign him, then let him go on a free to us.

1690122752047.png

1690122773822.png

In addition to all the new signings a number of the players from last years campaign that wouldn’t be getting into the team with the new faces have gone out on loan to get game time and stay invested into the club. I have also brought in a few players that will be going out on loan to add to the clubs reserves and provide good pickings for the club in the future.

I’m not going to be highlighting any more transfers so you may see names pop up from now and then that I haven’t introduced but if they keep appearing due to good performances, I’ll have a little bit about them.

The friendlies before the start of the season moved on well, the largest event was Crystal Palace triggering the release clause for Sharman-Lowe, which naturally he has accepted a contract there. His replacement comes in the form of Kyle Stone, 23 years old and has been the first choice keeper for Doncaster for the last 2 years.

1690122824289.png

The season is to start with a game against Burton, a team that has been trying to sign McDowell from us but thankfully he has not been wanting to make the move, which has made keeping him easier.

The first game for us in League One and it took only 16 seconds to score the first goal of the season Burgess with a ball between the defenders to allow McDowell in behind to score quite easily. Burton would answer back in the second half from a free kick. The level result would continue until a ball into the box from Rooney was placed on the head of Burgess. Giving us 3 points in the first game.

1690122892249.png

We progress in the Carabao Cup as well with a 1 – 0 victory over Exeter, with another debut goal occurring with Sam Stacey scoring a great goal from 21 metres.

The second game of the season comes against Coventry, we were up 1 – 0 all the way until the 88th ​minute, then a soft penalty caused an absolute collapse of things. Another goal in extra time and then another soft penalty 2 minutes later saw us lose 1 – 3. Must be what you get when Ole is at the wheel.

1690122942900.png

The second round of the Carabao Cup was as far as we would get, a late penalty was the only goal which saw Bristol progress onwards in the competition. We have another league game then we start with the Papa John’s Trophy.

1690122971874.png

Quite the stacked group with 3 League One teams. We start against Millwall.

Before that, we have a game against Lincoln, this was another survival game were the aim was a draw, we did that but only just after an onslaught late into the game which resulted in 2 disallowed goals due to offside. We stand 14th​ now with 5 points in 4 games.

1690123033116.png

The performances in the group stage from last season continue into this one. Especially against Millwall as we repeat the 2 – 0 result we had. A missed header from their defence allowed the first for Burgess, then Gamble slotted home a penalty for the second.

1690123042058.png

A poor performance double following the cup game sees us fall to just above the relegation positions. However, on the brighter side we come against Solihull Moors, who ere promoted alongside us and Bristol Rovers who are also struggling currently. A good chance to turn it around before it gets too bad.

1690122999867.png

We needed a performance to get some morale back and most valuably the points. So, 5 goals against Moors might have been enough to do exactly that. An excellent hattrick from McDowell being the highlight.

1690123016083.png

We just need to identify possible wins and make sure we do win them.

The Bristol game finished the second month of the season. The two teams had plenty of shots, 13 each. The difference was in the ones on target, with 9 of ours being on target compared to 3 for Bristol. This was the key, and one was to hit the net giving us the win. The 2 results see us go from 20th​ to 14th​

1690123088400.png

Another win in the league occurred with a 3 – 0 victory over Wycombe. We move to the Papa John’s Trophy with a game against Fulham U23. What started as a 3 – 0 lead, went to 3 – 2 before half time, which then turned to 3 – 3 at the final whistle. We are standing at 4 points and still top of the group.

1690404798330.png

I haven’t done this in the save yet but I will now. Heading into the new league you always have the manager that shouts about you being relegated back down. For me this was Steve Cooper, managing Gillingham. Well after 9 games he has got the boot and is gone.

1690404802942.png

Game 400 in the save came with another one against Millwall. They clearly have had enough of losing to my side as they came swinging. 2 – 1 after the first half, then it turned to 4 – 1 at full time. They clearly prefer the league to show their best not the Cups.

1690404807719.png

The results against the teams promoted along side us started with a 5 – 0 against Solihull and continue with a 4 – 0 against Southend. A real boogie team for us last year with some key points being stolen, finally defeated comfortably. Rooney provided a hattrick of assists.

1690404811291.png

Heading into the game against Reading, I would have been happy with us giving them a game for a bit before conceding. They are clear promotion favourites. Half time, we were down 2 – 0. The first after 12 minutes. The second half was where things changed, we equalised quickly but couldn’t hold on. 3 goals in extra time was a fun watch as all could have been in either net.

1690404819116.png

There is movement of a player leaving the club. I won’t be saying who until everything is finalised, but you could probably guess.

A key game that can be 3 points comes in the game against Wimbledon, situated 20th​. The game was slow, and chances were many, but nothing was working too well. Continuing into the second half until Burgess broke the deadlock. A real star so far this season for us.

1690404827407.png

Soon after the transfer is confirmed. Goodbye McDowell. He stays on loan until the end of the season, which is a plus. Hasn’t done bad considering we got him for 3k. If he hadn’t complained about wanting a move I could have gotten more for him.

1690404831638.png

Progression in the FA Cup occurs with a dominating performance against Carlisle. 4 goals to the good with a brace from Stacey who has done well this season against the weaker teams when starting.

1690404855492.png

1690404858796.png

Have to highlight two loanees that are doing well. First the signing Pritchard who has been brilliant so far with an average rating of 7.16 and Wardrope who is at Port Vale and has a rating of 7.19. Wardrope isn’t going to be good enough for the team now, so I hope his performances set him up for a good move soon.

The last game in the group stage comes against Bristol Rovers. Both teams are in form currently. A draw would be enough for us, while Bristol need to win to progress. The scoring started with Akpele and a nice volley inside the box. In the second half Stacey continued his scoring form in the cup competitions to see out the game.

1690404865076.png

1690404869997.png

In addition to this, there is an opportunity that is developing and could be an interesting choice come next season.

Derby are another team that are another promotion favourite that we face, this would be a game slightly in their favour, but we were holding on. This was until a red card for Stachurski, were he earned a second yellow in a tackle that looked like he had won the ball. They then quickly got a double to win the game.

1690404878172.png

We also had the best month of the season so far in November winning all but one game.

1690404886734.png

The cup competitions continue, we overcome Colchester to progress in the Papa John’s Trophy, where we will play Ipswich. Whereas a bad first half saw the end of the FA cup journey for this season against Burton.​

1690666249228.png

This is a move I didn’t see coming. I attended the interview thinking I wouldn’t be offered the job, but I couldn’t turn it down. A chance to boost my reputation which will help with future jobs. Burnley are currently 19th​ in the league, and I have said I will avoid relegation, so it could be my first sacking if I fail.

1690666256624.png

This is how the squad looks, after a quick review I’d say the club has 8 players of quality and 4 that could develop and play a part. The rest is deadwood and needs to be replaced. We are very weak defensively and it shows in the table.

1690666270537.png

The first game managing Burnley sees us face Cardiff. German Burgos came swinging after my appointment in the pre-game interviews stating the board would regret the decision in making me manager.

With all that Cardiff come to Turf Moor. A fresh start for the team. Bergwijn clear wanted to start my reign well grabbing his first goal of the season in 12 minutes. Dhillon, one of the younger players I’m putting faith in then doubled our lead 10 minutes later. Seeing out the game was then all we did. First game first win.

1690666283810.png

We move on to the Carabao Cup Quarter final game against Brentford also in the relegation battle that we find ourselves in. A win and progression into the Semi final is possible.

This would be a game with no major chances and be taken to penalties, with the home crowd we would have the advantage. That advantage would pay off and see us win 4 – 2 to take us to the semi-final.

1690666294508.png

Out of the 4 teams left in the competition we have drawn the single Championship side that is still in the competition. Putting us in prime position to make the final.

1690666303337.png

We finish off December and head into what will be a very busy and crucial January, where the transfers we made will be key. As for the league we didn’t grab a single point after Cardiff. With a defeat against Bournemouth being the worst of the games.

1690666310613.png

The start of the transfer window sees deadwood leaving the club. A total of 9 players will be leaving in the first days of the transfer window.

Again, I won’t be showing all signings as I hope to be making a lot. One we definitely needed was a goalkeeper. That comes in the form of Sami Goffin from Leicester for 24 million, a fair price tag but with the lack of quality goalkeepers sometimes you need to play a price. He was wanting to leave so we gave him the chance.

1690666324805.png

The month starts with promising signs for the future, securing 2 points at the start of the month. Goffin has been great so far improving in an area that was costing the club in results.

1690666353331.png

We head into the cup competitions next.

A goalless first leg against Luton was the first match, clear that the goal scoring ability of the team does need improving.

An FA Cup game then followed, our opponent, Chelsea. The saving grace is that the club seems to be a boogie team where results against us have been hard to come by. That would count as we won 3 – 2. A game of great goals as our last 2 came from 21 and 24 metres.

1690666361703.png

Going into the second leg against Luton, after the Chelsea game you would think we would get a few goals and easily see the game out. Nope, it took 83 minutes to score and then they equalised just 2 minutes later. The game would go to penalties where we did win 4 – 1 booking a Wembley appearance

1690666373205.png

We have 3 games left in the month against Leicester, Fulham and Liverpool. Who are 6th​, 5th​ and 1st​ respectively. It will be tough going especially with the board not being so happy with my performances.

A draw against Leicester and Fulham would be the target, so being 2 – 0 up just after half an hour was a great way to start. We would edge the game out with a 3 goal just at the start of the second half with an excellent cross from new signing Lefort. We would see the game out 3 – 2 in the end and jump just out of the relegation positions.

1690666380332.png

1690666494749.png

The team absolutely loves the 3 – 2 score line. 4 times in the last 5 games. Winning 2 of them and loosing 2. We were in a position to win against both Fulham and Liverpool but didn’t see the result out.

1690976347669.png

Last signing of this season is possibly the best I’ve made. Alexandr Novitskiy, 21, comes in on a 4 and a half year contract for 15 million. Everything I want in a midfield player, decisions, stamina, first touch, etc. While having the determination to continue to improve.

1690976352341.png

It also was a quite transfer window by the looks of it.

1690976361869.png

An FA cup fourth round game against Arsenal would go to a replay after a 1 – 1 result. Happy about that as we were down and brought it back. The team is starting to get results against team and not crumbling when they go a goal down.

Before the replay we face Brentford, currently last in the league it was a great chance to get 3 points and get more comfortable. So, we do the right thing and concede after 2 minutes. Again, the team brought it back for a draw, but we could have won with the chances we made.

1690976381653.png

The FA Cup comes next in the Fourth round, where we play Arsenal. We started the game great and managed to get up by 2 in the first 20 minutes. This would be it for our goal scoring, while Arsenal started the second half in the same way we did the first. Adeyemi getting one 5 minutes in. We did hold off to get the win from there and now face West ham in the fifth round.

1690976389234.png

A 1 all draw against Tottenham would be the final game before the big Carabao Cup final. The decision to not sign for Ipswich at the start of the season seems like a far memory.

We play Watford in the final, they sit 14th​ with 32 points after 27 games. 8 more than we currently have with the same number of games played. A huge chance to get a competition ticked off the list so quickly.

The game would not be short of shots at 80 minutes, the game was goalless with a total of 27 shots. There were only two real chances for us where we hit the cross bar with both of them. This would continue all the way to full time. Leading to extra time.

At the start of the second half of extra time, a free kick for Watford was saved brilliantly by Goffin to keep us going. Another was then given, leading to the same outcome. A counterattack followed and was put into the net excellently. It didn’t go without a VAR investigation, but it stood. 12 minutes before full time.

1690976402379.png

And with that not 4 months into the job, we lift silverware with Burnley, ticking the Carabao Cup off the list of competitions to win.

After the hights of the Carabao cup we go to West ham in the FA Cup. This would be a different story, going down 3 minutes in. We had multiple chances towards the end where the attackers wanted to hit everything but the net.

The table looks like this as we have 10 games left to play. Sitting 17th​ at this stage it looks like it will be a battle to not finish 18th​ as Cardiff and Brentford look too far gone to save themselves from the drop.

1690976412141.png

As for the last 10 games, we start with Cardiff and have some very difficult games ahead. The game against Aston Villa could also be an essential win towards the end of the season.

1690976427910.png

The Cardiff game was as expected in this situation, either a close call or we could get wiped out. 2 down at half time it looked set to be the latter. The team got themselves in gear however, with two bursts resulting in 4 goals, we managed to win the match. Also gave me the achievement “Comeback King” I don’t know how I haven’t managed that before now.

1691326618064.png

Have to highlight Romo, his name has popped up a few times in the images and rightly so. A total of 15 appearances in all competitions so far with 10 goal contributions, with 5 goals and assists and an average of 7.01 over those 15.

1691326627642.png

April was to be a fairly good month, with 5 played we collected 8 points. The results did get worse as we went on, especially with Newcastle where we had more shots but as always, they don’t mean a lot when you don’t put them into the net.

1691326636277.png

The Clubs scholars have been announced and I’m very excited about the future of one of them. Savion Labatt, with some excellent attributes for a 15-year-old he could develop into a gem. However, he does have low determination and is injury prone which could be an issue for him.

1691326640482.png

In the final 4 games we start with Brighton, an uneventful first half was to occur, we managed a goal in the second to see us get another 3 points. 3 games remain and we see the first relegation in Cardiff

1691326649725.png

Soon after Brentford are confirmed to be doing down as well. A win would make us safe from the drop. We face Aston Villa next

With a tough 2 – 1 victory over Aston Villa we have secured a Premier League position for next season. 2 games remain now.

A great victory against Arsenal sees the league come to an end, 3 – 0 lead did turn to 3 – 2 as we fell asleep at the end of the game. However, results see us rise to 13th​ in the final standings as we send a message of what to expect for next season.

1691326658767.png

And yes, Aston Villa did win the FA Cup.​

Heading into the start of the season, the aims for signings was the usual, get rid of the players not good enough and improve where we can. The initial highlight signing was that of Niklas Sule on a free transfer. A very experienced player adding some needed quality to the defence.

As for the competitions, the board are wanting to get to the Europa Conference semifinal, would be interesting to see if we could get close to winning a European competition.

The season odds, expect us to have a struggle of a season but they predict that for a lot of the teams in the league.

1691695493749.png

We are going to be going through this season faster than the others, month by month. We start with August where we play 4 competitive games. 2 league games, a loss against Chelsea and a demolition of Sheffield United gave us 3 points. As for the Europa conference we faced KGMH Zaglebie from Poland. The two-legged competition ended 12 – 1 in our favour, seeing us through to the group stage.

1691695499359.png

This is how the group has been drawn

1691695502232.png

We complete the month of September with 3 wins and 3 losses. Being knocked out of the first round of the Carabao Cup by Everton and a 5 – 2 victory over Rijeka was the results for the cups. As for the leagues wins came against Arsenal and Aston Villa. Worst result was a 1 – 0 loss to newly promoted Sunderland.

1691695507167.png
1691695509902.png

Stand out performance for the month from Soonsup-Bell. He’s been playing on the right wing this season, performing great with runs into the box giving him 6 goals for the month.

1691695520640.png

His form would be rewarded with an England call up for the next round of international games.

October resulted in 3 points from the league, seeing us loss to both Tottenham and Man United. With a win against Struggling Brighton, there manager said we would be relegated this season, just like the last manager to say this, he has lost his job. As for the European competition we are walking away with the group stage. 3 – 1 against PSV and 7 – 0 against Molde.

1691695526921.png

1691695530089.png

December would see us play a total of 10 games. 1 in the European competition against Rijeka. This would see us win every game in the group stage and go straight to the second knockout round.

1691695534460.png

As for the league we go from losing 5 games in a row to winning 8 out of the 9 games in the month. Finding the team 4th​ in the league. The teams around us do have games in hand but we find ourselves in a great position. Highlights of the month have to be 2 – 1 result against Tottenham and 3 – 1 against Newcastle.

1691695540614.png

For these results we would be rewarded with the manager of the month award.

January sees the form continue, progressing in the FA Cup with a win over Solihull Moors 4 – 0, taking us to face Sheffield Wednesday. As for the league we take 6 points out of 9 falling to Man United by a single goal.

1691695547208.png

The transfer window also opens, for the month we did make some moves, a few players went out on loan to get them some more playing time. We had 3 players coming into the club. Starting with German Right back Simon Roth. Coming in for 4.3 million with plenty of development to do.

1691695554496.png

Matt West comes in to assist with the English player requirements, I did go a bit mad with South American players. He will act as a good rotation option when it comes to it.

1691695562120.png

The star of the signings is Oscar Irvine, signing from Aberdeen for 25.5 million, 5 million after 10 international appearances. Described by the media as a wonderkid he comes straight into the first team. Should be excellent and help turn the defeats into draws.

1691695570571.png

February again saw us play a total of 4 games. Things got under way with us playing both big names in Sheffield. Starting with United and a comfortable 2 – 0 win seeing them firmly at the bottom of the league. Then Wednesday in the FA Cup, another simple game. We now go to the fifth round to face Preston, the draws have been favourable this season for us. We would see the first draw of the season coming against Newcastle with a late equaliser ensuring we got a point.

1691695577496.png