We are coming down to the last 8 games of the season. But before that we have almost finished the games in March. 2 draws and a win in the league just before our game against Preston as well as a 7 – 4 result on aggregate in the second knockout round against Rangers does see us go onwards to the Quarter Final where we play another Scottish side in Hearts.

Following a Tyukavin hat-trick and an overall 4 – 0 win over Preston we move on towards the Quarter final in which we will face Liverpool, we play the game just 4 days after the last.

1692537542097.png

The game was close, Liverpool being the first to score but we reacted and scored from the kick off. All square until we approached the second half where we would be down a goal again. This was to be it and we fall at the Quarter finals. Simply too much fire power on the Liverpool side at the end of the day. Haaland, Reyna, Saelemaekers all starting.

Hearts over two legs was the next key challenge. Starting away from home we aimed to draw or scrape out a win, which is exactly what we managed to do. They would score first but we responded 3 minutes later. In the second half a penalty would be the source of the minor lead. 2 – 1 into the second leg.

1692537557132.png

Coming to turf moor a week later the players embarrassed the home crowd and showed what they mean. I expected another close game. Hearts and Celtic are currently in the charge for the league, with Hearts leading by a single point. So being 3 – 0 up at half time was not expected. We extended this to 5 – 0 by the end of full time.

1692537582073.png

Onwards to the Semifinal, where we play Aberdeen. Yes, yet another Scottish team. Unfortunately, if we are to win, we can’t go for the full house an face all Scots in the knockouts as PSV and Konyaspor from turkey are the teams that remain in the competition.

After the completion of our game against Liverpool we have just 5 games remaining. This time out, after 4 losses against them we final put one over the line and win. Assisted with an own goal, but we grab another 3 points at this stage in the season, climbing up to 6th​

1692537607682.png

European competition time again. Away to Aberdeen to start things off. Tanganga clearly didn’t fancy playing anymore in Scotland than he already has as he was sent off just before half time. The second half was where the goals started coming. We started with the first at 59 minutes then managed another 3 minutes later. Aberdeen grabbed one back making the full time result 2 – 1 again for the away fixture.

1692537617842.png

A 3 – 1 result against Sunderland would separate the two ties. As for the home game, it would be goalless. The chances though were endless, a missed penalty and I lost count on the number of times the bars were shaking from being struck. We move on to the final however, we face Konyaspor after they overcame a 0 – 3 deficit against PSV.

1692537633358.png

The second to last game of the season against Aston Villa, result being 3 – 3. Seals a European position for the club next season no matter the result. We technically could finish 5th​ if somehow, we overcome a 12-goal difference with us winning and Tottenham losing.

1692537647490.png

Also realised no team has had relegation confirmed yet. Although it is between 4 teams

A 3 – 0 win against Fulham was the final game of the season. A 6th​ place finish for the first full season in the premier league. This is how the table has finished. We move to play in the Netherlands for the final against Konyaspor and the final game for us at Burnley.

1692537659670.png

The set up for the match starts, we enter being seen as comfortable favourites to win the competition.

1692537672107.png

Here we go.

Tyukavin would open the scoring after just 12 minutes, with a great volley, a huge goal to start. Soonsup-Bell would be fouled giving us a penalty, converted doubling our lead in the game. Not long into the second half a red card would be handed out to one of their midfielders, putting on hand on the trophy for us. Novitskiy would then make it 3 later on. A hat trick for Tyukavin would then round the game for a European competition win.

1692537684912.png

And with that my time at Burnley comes to an end. We now look for the next challenge.​

Just a quick update, I'm putting the save on pause, I've been enjoying other games more recently and I don't know when or if I will get back into this save. If this is the end I have enjoyed it, however short it was. I plan on coming back with a new save for FM 24 as I have a few ideas that I think would be a blast.

Thank you to everyone who has read this, the thread has much more views that I ever expected.​