Reaction score
LINK TO DATABASE: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=7968

IMPORTANT: This file should be played with the DEFAULT database as it was the database that I used to edit, if you play it with the 13.3 database the teams might have modern players who came after the update in them!
Hello!

I have started creating a 2004/05 database with the FM13 editor after getting the idea from Danrouso (spelling!?) and his 2000/01 database. So far I have fully updated the squads of five leagues and I have also added managers and assistans managers. I have also updated the CA/PA and reputation of all these players in the squads. Their CA/PA is the same as they had in the FM2005 game, as I have used that editor to make it as accurate as possible.
I have also deleted all the players thar are 16 or younger plus many 17 year olds.
All the players in the done leagues are now also 8 years younger, so they will be as old as they were when the FM2005 game was released.

There are some problems with the database that I might need some help with.
I have not restructured the league systems or edited the number of teams in the leagues yet, the simple reason fpr this is because I don't know how to do it:)
I read somewhere that you should save it as an xml file and edit the number of teams using that file, but I don't know how to save it as an xml file or what and xml file actually is..

If someone could explain to me how to edit/restructure the league systems, then I might be able to release a beta update in the next couple of days.

Please give me suggestions on which league I should create next or if you have a specific team that you really want to play with before I edit that league.

Update: The new version with La Liga is now uploaded and in the queue, I don't know how long it takes before it's accepted but it should be available for download very soon! Next up is The Portuguese League and some "cleaning up" such as deleting player histories, fixing some contracs, correcting stats for the more famous players and fixing som of the things you've been writing here!

Update! The bug that made the game crash while loading a new career phas hopefully been removed and a new file has been uploaded!

///Jonathan

Last edited:
I have never heard anything about editing with a XML file, I think you should recreate the league who need a change. I think there is a topic about that on this forum but I am not sure

Can you also edit the Dutch Eredivisie

The dutch eredivisie is done already:) I might aswell write which leagues I have done.

English Premier League
Ligue 1
Bundesliga
Eredivisie
And for some reason the Finnish Premier League :)

I would play this for sure. Good luck with the work!

I'd be happy to help with some of the editing if you want?

I'll hopefully finish with the Coca Cola Championship teams today, I'm going away so I'll have less time then usual today :(
I'll be starting the Serie A next, since it was a suggestion I received in this thread. That will take a while since the Italians love massive squads, Inter have 105 players...

Scotty98TR: I think I messaged you, not sure how things work yet since I'm kinda new to this forum :)

Last edited:
I'll hopefully finish with the Coca Cola Championship teams today, I'm going away so I'll have less time then usual today :(
I'll be starting the Serie A next, since it was a suggestion I received in this thread. That will take a while since the Italians love massive squads, Inter have 105 players...

Scotty98TR: I think I messaged you, not sure how things work yet since I'm kinda new to this forum :)

you could just skip all the useless reserve and youth team players and keep just those who have a decent PA in order to save time

you could just skip all the useless reserve and youth team players and keep just those who have a decent PA in order to save time

Well I'm aiming to make this database as authentic as possible and since a lot of youth players have been removed, I also fell that I shoud replace them, although it's time consuming :)

Well I'm aiming to make this database as authentic as possible and since a lot of youth players have been removed, I also fell that I shoud replace them, although it's time consuming :)

I see.. It's just that I can't wait to play it! :D
Anyway good job! I'll gladly wait :)

I'll proably upload the database for the first time after I complete Serie A, which I think could be done by Tuesday/Wednesday
I have yet to restructure the leagues with the correct number of teams in every league, still don't know how to do it...
Hopefully early/mid next weak then with
Premiership
Eredivisie
Serie A
Ligue 1
Finnish Premier Divison
Bundesliga
Championship

I'll proably upload the database for the first time after I complete Serie A, which I think could be done by Tuesday/Wednesday
I have yet to restructure the leagues with the correct number of teams in every league, still don't know how to do it...
Hopefully early/mid next weak then with
Premiership
Eredivisie
Serie A
Ligue 1
Finnish Premier Divison
Bundesliga
Championship

Nice! If you do la liga next i think this may very well be the best and most complete older custom database to date !
I'll gladly donate if you want!

May i ask you why are you doing precisely 2005? as an AC milan fan i'd love to play it because at that time we were at the top of our game with kaka', shevchenko, inzaghi, etc.. :D

The reason I did this year is bascially because it was the only old FM game besides 2008 that I had and because Arsenal are still good on this game:)
I don't want anyone to donate, I do this on my free time and right now I have a lot of free time :)

Last edited:
Hi mate,

I had already started making a 2004/05 database at start of summer, however it was challenging to do on my own, and I only got as far as doing CA/PA for some prem teams (this was based on FM 2009) so nowhere near as realistic as yours, so I gave up. However, as I restructured the leagues in my database, I could help you out a bit?

Hi mate,

I had already started making a 2004/05 database at start of summer, however it was challenging to do on my own, and I only got as far as doing CA/PA for some prem teams (this was based on FM 2009) so nowhere near as realistic as yours, so I gave up. However, as I restructured the leagues in my database, I could help you out a bit?

Yeah it would be great if you could either do it for me or explain how to do it :)

you have to add nation rules first, then basically add all the leagues that are in whatever nation, then within that league you can change any rules you want (loan rules, number of teams in each league) etc..

Are you going to do Coca Cola League One? As I would love to play this database with the 2004 Luton Town :)

I'm gonna do La Liga and The Portuguese league (dunno it's name), then I'll do League 1 :)
After Serie A of course which I'm about half way done with.

When are you going to upload it, can't wait! :)

Hopefully Tuesday/Wednesday, but of course it will only be a first verison.
Just so you guys know, the leagues I haven't done yet are nearly unplayable at the moment, deleted 28000 players from the database, there are no players who are 18 or younger left in the game (except for the players I have edited into the squads and some players I have created)