2011/2012 Fixtures Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Calum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 148
  • Views Views 10K
So you think Blackburn are a potential bannana peel yet you see no reason to be worried about dropping points to Stoke at Britannia?

This.

Not too disappointed with our fixtures, really. Would be nice to have the big'uns more spread out, but at least they're mostly at home in the second half of the season (the big games).

Ha! Look at Sp*rs' first few games:

Tottenham v Everton
Man Utd v Tottenham
Tottenham v Man City
Wolverhampton v Tottenham
Tottenham v Liverpool

West ham have Millwall away for their 5th game of the season I think it is :O. Anyone know if the west ham- Millwall games are being played behind closed doors?

They should just leave it open to see how it goes because there's going to be trouble nevertheless and if it's behind closed doors, it will just make it more difficult for the police. Congregate the trouble makers.

They should just leave it open to see how it goes because there's going to be trouble nevertheless and if it's behind closed doors, it will just make it more difficult for the police. Congregate the trouble makers.

I agree even if they do behind clsoed doors te fans will still go to the stadium and start trouble. Millwall fans showed up at upton park on West hams final game of last season against Sunderland to fight luckily I was already gone from the stadium I didnt wanna get killed :P

So you think Blackburn are a potential bannana peel yet you see no reason to be worried about dropping points to Stoke at Britannia?

Jeez pal.... who says I am not worried about droppping points at Brittania, I just feel we dont have to **** our pants about going to Brittania

and btw since our last game of the season is at Blackburn, anything can happen and i would have been happier with a easier team

I do remember mentioning that we have to tread carefully in my original post

Last edited:
Well Wigan have Arsenal, Chelsea, United and Liverpool in December XD

away to Southampton to start, tough match but I think we could win it. Then 2 winnable home games against Boro and Hull. Would be disappointed not to win both of those matches tbh

first game vs Spurs is October 1st at WHL :)

One at Emirates is February, to far apart :(

So annoyed, AFC Wimbledon as our first game and I'm on ******* holiday! :@

We always do surprisingly well over the festive period tbh. Just depends on how our season starts.

Got a really tough start but happy with our run in. Look at them home games at the end of the season. Pity the final game is away from home.

Pretty confident we can be top with 9 points after 3 games. Stoke away is a tough tie but i feel its alot tougher for majority of other sides than Chelsea. Chelsea have the capabilities to deal and even better Stokes physical side and have proved it every time we have played them expect from the last game in which both teams played out a brilliant football match. Will be nice to win the league at home against QPR 3rd to last game and then celebrate like **** as champions at Liverpool. Glad we got Utd early as sometimes it takes Utd a little while to get into the swing of things and if we are comming of the back of 3-4 wins then i might fancy us. UTC and buzzing for the new season now.

Not my ideal start to the season to be honest, but like CJACKO said above, Manchester United certainly get into the swing of things in the 2nd half of the season usually so it may be the best time to play them.

Well, very happy with that, Whilst we are usual slow starters, we did beat Liverpool early December this year and we tend to be sharp and ready for any of the big sides, regardless of form...

Ferguson will look at that and now a good start is crucial, and business end of the season, could of written a nicer run in.

Haha Sunderland at home first game, was always gonna happen that. Arsenal away is the one I'm looking forward to, and as I've never been to the Emirates I'm gonna try and get a ticket for that one.

February could be an important month:

4 - Tottenham Hotspur (h)
11 - Manchester United (a)
25 - Everton (h)

Proper football is coming back too Home Park! Shame we start the season away again though- At Shrewsbury, which will be a tough game. First home match the week after at home to Rotherham, so lets hope Le-Fondre has left by then. Then we have Wimbledon on a Tuesday Night! Now that is just... beast.

November 19th away too Torquay, will 100% be going too that and then January 2nd at Home Park against them- Bristol Rovers away on Boxing Day, now that wouldn't be too bad a Christmas Present.

The fixture list has got very excited for the new season...

Resurgam! :wub:​

Haha Sunderland at home first game, was always gonna happen that. Arsenal away is the one I'm looking forward to, and as I've never been to the Emirates I'm gonna try and get a ticket for that one.

February could be an important month:

4 - Tottenham Hotspur (h)
11 - Manchester United (a)
25 - Everton (h)

We have chelsea away the week before we play you and most likely the champions league knock outs the wednesday after.

Back