2011 Copa América Discussion Thread.

Irish Scouse

Bob Kelso. ❥
Reaction score
View attachment 180811

The 2011 Campeonato Sudamericano Copa América, better known as the 2011 Copa América or the Copa América Argentina 2011, is the 43rd edition of the Copa América, the main international football tournament for national teams in South America. The competition is organized by CONMEBOL, South America's football governing body, and will be held in Argentina from July 1 to July 24, 2011. [Extracted from Wikipedia.org]

Group A:
Argentina [Hosting Nation]
Colombia
Costa Rica
Bolivia

Group B:
Brazil [Holders]
Paraguay
Ecuador
Venezuela

Group C:
Uraguay
Chile
Peru
Mexico

Have a look at the stadiums: 2011 Copa América - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Different from previous tournaments, 30 minutes of extra time will be played if any match in the knockout stages finish tied after regulation (previously the match would go straight to a penalty shootout).

Tips:

Personally I'm going for a Brazil win, although seeing as Argentina are the host nation, and a very dominant force in past Copa Américas they hold a strong chance. I also am putting a bet on Uraguay to win the Copa along with a Suarez top scorer of which Andy tells me is a 90/1. Perhaps changed now.

Useful links:

2011 Copa America Football Betting Odds Guide - Free Football Bets

2011 Copa América - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So if you haven't watched the Copa América before, I highly advise you do so this year as it is a tournament not to be missed. Great attacking football featuring some great players, a great way to make up for the lack of league football.

Now, here is a link to the opener, Argentina vs Bolivia:

ATDHE Live's on KEEPSLIVE.COM - Watch Free Live Sports

So, all Copa América 2011 discussion can be made in here, I hope to see you all watching it :)

Solid enough 1st half from Bolivia, but can they keep it at 0-0? No.

They have played well defensively, keeping the strong front 3 out for the most part. Better that I expected. Had a prediction of Argentina 2-1 Bolivia, but now leaning to a 1-0 Argentina win.

is any of it being shown on tv?

Thank god someone made the thread I thought there might only be me watching. oO)

Aye Mike its on ESPN, or just catch a decent stream link

Boring first half, Argentina are not playing good. Messi has to do all the work in midfield and in attack, also Pastore should have started instead of Cambiasso.

It's all on ESPN, was on Sky the last time if I recall correctly.

Was just talking to IrishScouse, ideal final four would be Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay, and Chile for me.

cheers guys, always prefer it on tv

It's all on ESPN, was on Sky the last time if I recall correctly.

Was just talking to IrishScouse, ideal final four would be Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay, and Chile for me.

Agreed, Uruguay are my dark horses

Cavani :wub:

Lolol. Banega what you are doing xD.

Hoping for Mexico to go a long way :wub: Ochoa should do well!

Cavani, Abel Hernandez, Suarez and Forlan, blessed with attacking talent, not to mention the midfield attacking options.

Such a soft goal to concede, interesting to see how Argentina react.

Fantastic run, terrible cross