2011 Women's World Cup

yeah, I think she was more worried about making the save look good before actually saving the ball... typical rookie keeping error!

I never watch women do anything besides ride horses and me...

Im not a sexist or anything, but what I've seen from women's football is shocking. It's only the absolute best women who can actually do something with the ball. I bet I could easily make it into the national team of Denmark, if I didn't have testicles of course.

Whenever I watch womens football, I realise that most of the keepers are terrible but the Arsenal/Irish Keeper is brilliant. Fun Fact x1 a woman that plays for my local football team (not even in the non league they are non-non league as in I play for the u15s as i showed up one week) is an Irish international. Fun Fact x2 Katie Taylor the renowned boxer female boxer who went unbeaten for 3 years and is regarded as the best Pound for Pound woman amatuer boxer is also an Irish international Soccer player.

FunFact x3 Birmingham ladies are top of the domestic english league at the midway point

England vs France on BBC2 now

England vs France on BBC2 now

It's quite sad the BEEB only decided at the last minute (bout 6ish yesterday) to broadcast the game. Highly ignorant if they didn't. Some of the female players could actually show the blokes how to play-been some quality.

I'm watching the game, and although it has the usual england style...

Unnerving moments...Fluffs....Little frustration...Gasps

But at least they seem to be on the same football page, not like the men's, perhaps everything is in "sync" ;)

Last edited:
It's quite sad the BEEB only decided at the last minute (bout 6ish yesterday) to broadcast the game. Highly ignorant if they didn't. Some of the female players could actually show the blokes how to play-been some quality.

Think they only decided to change it because there was quite a lot of noise on twitter about how disappointed in the BBC people were.

Great finish, but sums up Womens football. Pinball defending and 4ft goalkeeper.

Two excellent goals so far.. What a game!

Great finish, but sums up Womens football. Pinball defending and 4ft goalkeeper.

Will this country ever produce a World Cup quality keeper at all? Seems to be ongoing problem in this country lol

I actually really enjoy watching womens soccer.

1. Some beautiful ladies
2. Typically open free flowing football
3. Usually goals
4. No swinging dicks who flop on the ground after tripping on a blade of grass

Kelly Smith has a left foot like a howitzer

ah naw typical england

edit: yes england keeper was rubbish, wasn't diving, just moving.