2013/14 Liga BBVA Thread

• Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date
  • Replies 84
  • Views 8K
Just the 21 league goals for Bale last season and 2 individual awards. I don't overate him you underrate him.

Maybe, but much as I hate to agree with DarloGeorge, he's correct. Bale's still CL quality and one of the better players in the world, and his inclusion in the team will strengthen it markedly.

Real and Barca are obvious, but Atletico have Villa, Sociedad have Griezmann and Vela, Valencia have Banega, Piatti and Jonas, Malaga have Pedro Morales and Roque Santa Cruz... I'd say it's a fair summation.
Regarding your second statement, the teams you have mentioned are, essentially, still big teams (although not Barcelona and Real, to be fair).

Espanyol have Joan Verdú, Athletic Bilbao with Iker Muniaín and (newly acquired) Beñat. There are still a few clubs.

Just the 21 league goals for Bale last season and 2 individual awards. I don't overate him you underrate him.
He was exceptional last season, and has been decent for the two seasons or so before that, but his recent form certainly doesn't command a fee like £80 million. And I disagree with your statement that he can significantly change Real's success in the Champions League.

Espanyol have Joan Verdú, Athletic Bilbao with Iker Muniaín and (newly acquired) Beñat. There are still a few clubs.
But the question is, how do you define a game changer? Yes, the players mentioned are all good, and in some cases very good, but can they really turn a game on its head?

But the question is, how do you define a game changer? Yes, the players mentioned are all good, and in some cases very good, but can they really turn a game on its head?

As I had previously mentioned, the majority of the top clubs outside of the top four are well balanced, and thus have one or two players who stand out. With that, the aforementioned players are usually capable of delivering a large influence.

On a number of occasions Joan Verdú has popped up in important matches against larger sides (having shown this a few times vs. Atlético Madrid), Iker Muniaín the same, undoubtedly a key player for Athletic Bilbao. Yes, they can change games, have shown so before, and are thus capable.

I'm going to try and take a bigger interest in Spanish football because clubs like Swansea and Liverpool have opened my eyes to some interesting players with their purchases of players such as Michu, Iago Aspas and Pablo Hernández.

To be fair could see them doing this to lower prem teams who are similar stature to levante so bit harsh saying its a joke league

or Germany or Italy for that matter

Last edited:
7-0 with about six minutes to go. I can see them bagging another before the game's over.

Has Casillas completely fallen out of favour at the Bernabéu? Or is he injured?

Good finish by Benzema. I can see why he kept Higuaín out the squad last season. I never used to rate him that highly because the few times I caught him when he was younger, he showed some flashes of brilliance, and would then fluff his lines.

Just caught second of atletico game they looked very good loving sunday nights defo making more effort to watch la liga this year

This is a very interesting article on Atl?tico v Barcelona on Saturday, it's well worth a read. I don't follow Spanish football much, but I knew Atl?ti were doing very well this season, I just didn't know how well.

just watched atletico was a decent game watch the machine keeps the results coming (anyone else noticed hat simone looks like machete now he has grown his hair), watching real now not the best game but perked up now<br type="_moz">

Barce look out of sorts tonight Martino needs to change it up I think, sociedad was nice to watch earlier to but should have had vela on from the start and they may have nicked it as it stands that killed my acca

Barce look out of sorts tonight Martino needs to change it up I think, sociedad was nice to watch earlier to but should have had vela on from the start and they may have nicked it as it stands that killed my acca

shutup you div you clearly know about as much as paul merson.......