21st may, end of the world?

• Thread starter Thread starter Blynd1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 136
  • Views Views 8K
This thread has got emotionally deep. I predict, scratch that, I KNOW the will end. It will happen some time up to, or including, the death of the Sun (not the newspaper, its ****). China? N. Korea? Volcanoes? Asteroids? None of this concerns me. What concerns me most is how do we beat Barcelona? Everything after that is insignificant and of little consequence to my life

The West needs the East and the East needs the West. Neither side has anything to gain by being enemies. China have already shown that they're beginning to dampen down on their crazy ways. I don't see any country starting a nuclear war with one another, for my reasoning above. Every country with nuclear missiles, understands that if they fire one, it would a) most likely end the world as we know it and b) result in ten times as many missiles back towards them. As much as N.Korea like to talk the talk, I can't imagine them being that suicidal. What do they have to gain from firing a missile when the result is them all being fried to a crisp?

That is a valid question. When it comes to Korea, China likes to (not publicly) support the North, as they present a thorn in the US military's side-and they sure as **** don't want a united Korea on their doorstep if that ever happened in the aftermath of a conflict. There's far more to the Chinese-North Korean relationship than people realise-most of it self inflicted by the Chinese.

But when it comes to the question of nuclear warfare in general, there are so many (and I mean many-including a Hong Kong scenario) factors included into it, that sadly, there would be no hesitation in a country to use them first. For example-Israel-Syria. All it takes, is one attack on Iran by Israel, then Pakistan is drawn in, India, then gradually the US, Russia, and even China, then bang. In a matter of hours or days...you have World War 3. One little spark, can pretty much igninte a huge powder keg. For most countries, when it comes to first use, it's a question of pride-they don't want to seem weak. And that weakness, will be the spark for the powder keg

---------- Post added at 01:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 AM ----------

This thread has got emotionally deep. I predict, scratch that, I KNOW the will end. It will happen some time up to, or including, the death of the Sun (not the newspaper, its ****). China? N. Korea? Volcanoes? Asteroids? None of this concerns me. What concerns me most is how do we beat Barcelona? Everything after that is insignificant and of little consequence to my life

Best way to beat Barcelona, beat them at their own game.......dive lol

Nani man of the match in that case!!

Just hoping if he does it, he times it right to get that **** Besquets sent off. Or however you spell his name

Last edited:
I was kind of looking forward to the world ending yesterday. At least then i wouldnt have had to watch United lift the Title. Ill just have to make do with watching Barca trounce them in the CL :p

I was kind of looking forward to the world ending yesterday. At least then i wouldnt have had to watch United lift the Title. Ill just have to make do with watching Barca trounce them in the CL :p

If that's how it goes down then I'm happy enough. The league is the bread and butter, anything after that is a bonus. If Man U win nothing but the league title for the next 20 years then I'll be a very happy, grey-haired middle-aged man (with an erection!)

If that's how it goes down then I'm happy enough. The league is the bread and butter, anything after that is a bonus. If Man U win nothing but the league title for the next 20 years then I'll be a very happy, grey-haired middle-aged man (with an erection!)

So your going to be prescribed ****** in 20 years :P Ah i see the league being blown open in the next few years. Arsenal when Wenger leaves, City will keep spending, Liverpool are finally looking like a decent team, Chelsea will rebuild and United will have to cope with SAF leaving eventually. ( not being bias by saying that united wont have it all their own way). Anyway this isnt really the place to discuss this now so ill stop :)

OT I know (and apologies)

To be fair to Man Utd, gettin to the final is a **** of an achievement, with all the injuries and everything....even if they don't beat Barcelona, the fans and the players can be justifiably proud of making the final. No shame in losing to Barcelona. As long as it's done honestly, without any players cheating. I know I'd like to see Besquets (spelling) sent off but thats for obvious reasons, but I'd rather see it end 11 vs 11, and the best team winning. C'me on Man Utd!!! (Brit teams ftw)

So your going to be prescribed ****** in 20 years :P Ah i see the league being blown open in the next few years. Arsenal when Wenger leaves, City will keep spending, Liverpool are finally looking like a decent team, Chelsea will rebuild and United will have to cope with SAF leaving eventually. ( not being bias by saying that united wont have it all their own way). Anyway this isnt really the place to discuss this now so ill stop :)

Memories of past glories will keep me aroused!

The world didn't end. And i kept updating a countdown on facebook :(

That is a valid question. When it comes to Korea, China likes to (not publicly) support the North, as they present a thorn in the US military's side-and they sure as **** don't want a united Korea on their doorstep if that ever happened in the aftermath of a conflict. There's far more to the Chinese-North Korean relationship than people realise-most of it self inflicted by the Chinese.

But when it comes to the question of nuclear warfare in general, there are so many (and I mean many-including a Hong Kong scenario) factors included into it, that sadly, there would be no hesitation in a country to use them first. For example-Israel-Syria. All it takes, is one attack on Iran by Israel, then Pakistan is drawn in, India, then gradually the US, Russia, and even China, then bang. In a matter of hours or days...you have World War 3. One little spark, can pretty much igninte a huge powder keg. For most countries, when it comes to first use, it's a question of pride-they don't want to seem weak. And that weakness, will be the spark for the powder keg

Everyone with nuclear weapons know the chain reaction that will occur if they fire one though. Plus most of the truly insane countries only have a few compared to the volume the US and Europe have. Whatever damage they hope to do with one they'll get ten times the magnitude back at them. It's easy for them to act tough and not lose pride, but it's a very different concept between saying it and actually virtually committing suicide. What pride is to be had if the world's going to end minutes after you "saved your pride". It's not worth it. As I said, game theory - everyone makes decisions based on what they think others will do. If you plot out the table of benefits and negatives from firing a missile, there's nothing to gain and everything to lose. And I don't think any of the country's are that stupid.

But maybe I'm just an optimist, or you're just a pessimist - You **** doomsayer.

Everyone with nuclear weapons know the chain reaction that will occur if they fire one though. Plus most of the truly insane countries only have a few compared to the volume the US and Europe have. Whatever damage they hope to do with one they'll get ten times the magnitude back at them. It's easy for them to act tough and not lose pride, but it's a very different concept between saying it and actually virtually committing suicide. What pride is to be had if the world's going to end minutes after you "saved your pride". It's not worth it. As I said, game theory - everyone makes decisions based on what they think others will do. If you plot out the table of benefits and negatives from firing a missile, there's nothing to gain and everything to lose. And I don't think any of the country's are that stupid.

But maybe I'm just an optimist, or you're just a pessimist - You **** doomsayer.

lol. I'm just realistic about the whole thing. If it happens, it happens. To coin a phrase-**** happens

[video=youtube;ntLsElbW9Xo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntLsElbW9Xo&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Sorry.. I just had to. :)

YouTube - ‪Destructive Joplin Missouri Tornado‬‏
YouTube - ‪Joplin Missouri Tornado - BEST AfterMath Video (Dog Saved Live) (Has Some Audio)‬‏
Joplin, Mo. twister: Raw footage - CBS News Video
Joplin, Mo., slammed by twister; at least 89 dead - CBS News

What makes me sick about this *****, is the fact that while he rakes his cash in on absolute, to be frank, utter **** with his fake prophecies, there's people who's world have in reality, literally ended as demonstrated above. If he had any shred of humanity, he'd donate his money to help those poor people out. But I doubt that very much. Hope he burns in ****. People like that make me sick. They thrive on scaring people, and making a name for themselves by spouting utter, utter ****. They obviously don't give a dam about other people, or their suffering. They probaby just care about themselves, as demonstrated by his actions.

Back