21st may, end of the world?

• Thread starter Thread starter Blynd1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 136
  • Views Views 8K
Looks like thats Birmingham's "Get out of Relegation Lifeline" gone then...

How many volcanic eruptions/earthquake swarms though? absolutely nothing in common whatsoever

exactly, besides its Iceland, there is always something volanic/tectonic going on IIRC, thats how it was formed

In our timezone it's already the 22nd of May

Earth and normal people 1
Idiot 0

Basically, the only way the world can end, is by one thing. A slight war in the middle east, and some absolute nutter, detonating one nuclear weapon. Then....the world is pretty much going to end. Not by a natural disaster. But un-natural.

Basically, the only way the world can end, is by one thing. A slight war in the middle east, and some absolute nutter, detonating one nuclear weapon. Then....the world is pretty much going to end. Not by a natural disaster. But un-natural.

Meh, won't happen. Everyone with nuclear weapons knows if they detonate one, then every other country will also set one off back at them. It's the weird principle of nuclear deterrents, if everyone has one then no one will ever use one.

Game theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ftw!

**** the world has ended, I just got relegated to the BSN with Wothing :(((((

Meh, won't happen. Everyone with nuclear weapons knows if they detonate one, then every other country will also set one off back at them. It's the weird principle of nuclear deterrents, if everyone has one then no one will ever use one.

what about a set of extremists getting a hold on one and firing it. They won't give a **** about the repercussions

Suicidal hopefully

Bit too far. I love people like him. Yes they're idiots but it's funny because they come out with ridiculous theories and make themselves look even more stupid. He's come out with quite a few theories saying the world is going to end and not one time has it happened (obviously) yet some gullible people continue to believe it's going to happen, which I find rather amusing TBH. And anyway he's 89 now so he'll probably die soon anyway.

I'm not so convinced tbh. When you look at North Korea, and the China-Taiwan situation. That's why I'm against Obama's cuts on nuclear weapons. In principle, great idea. Then you look at the despots around the world-not such a great idea. And then you think-how many of those despots are supported by the Russians, Chinese.... Don't won't to be a doom-monger, but in the next decade, I'm very convinced, there will be a nuclear conflict. I've pretty much looked into nuclear warfare sinced 9-10 years old, and pretty much, every scenario I've read about, is pretty much coming to the surface. And it's scarey tbh. But when it happens, well....what can you do? Nothing.

I'm not so convinced tbh. When you look at North Korea, and the China-Taiwan situation. That's why I'm against Obama's cuts on nuclear weapons. In principle, great idea. Then you look at the despots around the world-not such a great idea. And then you think-how many of those despots are supported by the Russians, Chinese.... Don't won't to be a doom-monger, but in the next decade, I'm very convinced, there will be a nuclear conflict. I've pretty much looked into nuclear warfare sinced 9-10 years old, and pretty much, every scenario I've read about, is pretty much coming to the surface. And it's scarey tbh. But when it happens, well....what can you do? Nothing.

I still stand by my principle of the best way to prevent a nuclear war is to give everyone nuclear weapons. And as nuts as N.Korea are, I doubt they're that nuts to commit suicide. They have nothing to gain by nuking someone else if it just means 10 times as many coming back at them. Plus N.Korea nukes don't have the range to reach Britain, whereas if they shoot one they're going to have nukes from all over the world aimed at them.

China is starting to step away from being as mad, they've started growing massively and know that they need the US and Europe for their growth. Notice they refused to back N.Korea the last time they launched military action against S.Korea for the first time.

I agree that its only a matter of time before somebody sets off a Nuke. Most likely an extremist group in the middle east. Then America will go gung ho and then China/Russia/Iran/Korea will retaliate and we will have a disaster on our hands.

I still stand by my principle of the best way to prevent a nuclear war is to give everyone nuclear weapons. And as nuts as N.Korea are, I doubt they're that nuts to commit suicide. They have nothing to gain by nuking someone else if it just means 10 times as many coming back at them. Plus N.Korea nukes don't have the range to reach Britain, whereas if they shoot one they're going to have nukes from all over the world aimed at them.

China is starting to step away from being as mad, they've started growing massively and know that they need the US and Europe for their growth. Notice they refused to back N.Korea the last time they launched military action against S.Korea for the first time.

That's the thing though. Over the past few years, the number of border "incidents" with the Russians have increased, and with China having the worlds largest army (along with brand new Stealth technology for their bombers), and more powerful thermo-nuclear weapons...I can see a bleak future for the west. Which is why (imo), in the future...to avoid this sort of situation, Russia would be better of joing NATO. The days of the Warsaw Pact are long gone, and they should move on. With the help of the USA's missile defense shield, they would be better off with not only that, but also with the help of the ABM (anti-ballistic missile) defence systems the US is deploying, along with the brand new laser technology the US has developed, which can shoot down anything-with a dam powerful laser. Because basically the way I see it, the Chinese army is 10 times the threat the Warsaw Pact ever was...and when that Bear awakens..god help us all. Because there's a lot of nasty stuff brewing in that nation. And it will start with Taiwan.

But most disturbing, is the fact that the Chinese military, are helping Iran with Missile technology.

Last edited:
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ljFaKRTrI]Still Alive[/url]

Sum's up the situation very well I think.

That's the thing though. Over the past few years, the number of border "incidents" with the Russians have increased, and with China having the worlds largest army (along with brand new Stealth technology for their bombers), and more powerful thermo-nuclear weapons...I can see a bleak future for the west. Which is why (imo), in the future...to avoid this sort of situation, Russia would be better of joing NATO. The days of the Warsaw Pact are long gone, and they should move on. With the help of the USA's missile defense shield, they would be better off with not only that, but also with the help of the ABM (anti-ballistic missile) defence systems the US is deploying, along with the brand new laser technology the US has developed, which can shoot down anything-with a dam powerful laser. Because basically the way I see it, the Chinese army is 10 times the threat the Warsaw Pact ever was...and when that Bear awakens..god help us all. Because there's a lot of nasty stuff brewing in that nation. And it will start with Taiwan.

The West needs the East and the East needs the West. Neither side has anything to gain by being enemies. China have already shown that they're beginning to dampen down on their crazy ways. I don't see any country starting a nuclear war with one another, for my reasoning above. Every country with nuclear missiles, understands that if they fire one, it would a) most likely end the world as we know it and b) result in ten times as many missiles back towards them. As much as N.Korea like to talk the talk, I can't imagine them being that suicidal. What do they have to gain from firing a missile when the result is them all being fried to a crisp?

Back