Contemplating giving it a go with my Skeid team (originally a Norwegian second division side, but we have been promoted twice to the top division and have started to throw our hat into the champion mix now after 4 seasons up).

Need to try something new, and this shape and football its trying to replicate appeals massively to me.
Perfect...Give it a go!

Perfect...Give it a go!

So i've tried it for an extende period and while I love the football the tactics play and how the score goals, I simply dont have the players for it right now.

I dont have a good amount of central defenders that fits the tactic and Iam missing that target-man up top.

I will certainly try using it again when I am able to get my squad to a point where these tactics fit. Because it's been really enjoyable to watch.

Good work and I can see this working with a team like mine skill-wise. They just dont fit the tactic.

So i've tried it for an extende period and while I love the football the tactics play and how the score goals, I simply dont have the players for it right now.

I dont have a good amount of central defenders that fits the tactic and Iam missing that target-man up top.

I will certainly try using it again when I am able to get my squad to a point where these tactics fit. Because it's been really enjoyable to watch.

Good work and I can see this working with a team like mine skill-wise. They just dont fit the tactic.
I am glad you enjoyed it mate! thanks

Not really sure what to make of this tactic. Results differ, sometimes a lot.

Using this with Atalanta - a team which should be a perfect fit. And I do get results but I also concede quite a lot, I cretea a lot of chances BUT I dont score that much.

STATS
Ive played 9 games,won 5 and draw 2 and lost 2 in the league. Ive only scored 12 goals, and conceded 9. I have the highest goals .ex in the league with 19.60 (the team behind me is LAzio with 13.98)
Ive created 12 CCC in 9 games, again highest in the league by 4.

I only score 6% of all shots taken so far, which is the fourth worst in the league. Im bottom along with Benevento, Cagliari and Bologna...

And as ive stated: Atalanat should be a great fit. Zapata fits the bill perfectly as a mobile TM. Muriel is quick and a great AF. Illic is a superb creative AMC. Hateboer and Gosens is well suited to play in the wings in this formation.

AND its not going bad. Im third in the league, but my general sense -along with the above mentioned stats - tells me that i should be a bit higher.

Basically all my CBs get low ratings (none is above 7.00). The majority of my squad actually rates below 7.00. Again, its weird.

Not really sure what to make of this tactic. Results differ, sometimes a lot.

Using this with Atalanta - a team which should be a perfect fit. And I do get results but I also concede quite a lot, I cretea a lot of chances BUT I dont score that much.

STATS
Ive played 9 games,won 5 and draw 2 and lost 2 in the league. Ive only scored 12 goals, and conceded 9. I have the highest goals .ex in the league with 19.60 (the team behind me is LAzio with 13.98)
Ive created 12 CCC in 9 games, again highest in the league by 4.

I only score 6% of all shots taken so far, which is the fourth worst in the league. Im bottom along with Benevento, Cagliari and Bologna...

And as ive stated: Atalanat should be a great fit. Zapata fits the bill perfectly as a mobile TM. Muriel is quick and a great AF. Illic is a superb creative AMC. Hateboer and Gosens is well suited to play in the wings in this formation.

AND its not going bad. Im third in the league, but my general sense -along with the above mentioned stats - tells me that i should be a bit higher.

Basically all my CBs get low ratings (none is above 7.00). The majority of my squad actually rates below 7.00. Again, its weird.
According to the stats, you are the best offensively which already is a great start. One of the reasons for your team underperforming is that your forwards are not clinical enough. I see Atlanta to be a more forward-thinking team compared to Inter, a more defensive team. So in that sense, you need to strengthen your defence in the same manner I needed to improve my attacking line. Again let's take for instance Muriel, pace and good finishing but poor mentally so he could be misfiring a lot.
Also, if you shoot a lot without success check whether your players have good stats for shooting and instruct only those with good shooting stats to shoot more often.
Another thing is your defence...how do you concede your goals. In my save it's mostly via through balls. I could explain that by the fact that I don't have a defensive role in front of the defence (just 1 DLP on support and a Segundo Volante on attack). You could change the volante duty to a support one but that renders your attack predictable so there is a trade-off here.

I agree with your analysis.

My main problem is through balls, but my defenders also gets beaten in the air. I do think Toloi, Palomino, Romero, Djimsiti et are more than capable of playing in a defence like this. They are all fairly quick, good height and decent passers. They arent poor individually.

I do think perhaps using two stoppers and a cover is what is causing some havoc. What do you think about changing all of them to a BPD- D?

I agree with your analysis.

My main problem is through balls, but my defenders also gets beaten in the air. I do think Toloi, Palomino, Romero, Djimsiti et are more than capable of playing in a defence like this. They are all fairly quick, good height and decent passers. They arent poor individually.

I do think perhaps using two stoppers and a cover is what is causing some havoc. What do you think about changing all of them to a BPD- D?
the idea behind using the stoppers is that I want them to stop counters especially when the opponents try to exploit my weakness (the flanks). I have not tried 1 cover and 2 defend duties but you should know that they (the defenders on defend duty) will be less inclined to step out of the defence which in that case invite more pressure on the wingers. Maybe having wingbacks (on attack) could tighten things at the back for you or using a mid-block (standard defensive line+high line of engagement/standard line of engagement and you unselect the prevent GK distribution + urgent or standard pressing)

Well, the tactic turned out perfectly fine.

First season with Atalanta (only signed Javi Galan) I won the Serie A and made it to the final i the CL but lost on penalties to Bayern.

Serie A stats:
Won 25 games, 10 draws and 3 losses. 87 goals scored (best in the league) and 39 conceded (fifth in the league). 54% overall possession and 87% passing . 115 yellow cards (best in the league). Ex Goals 81.73 (best in the league) with Juve (second) at 74.39. 36 CCC (second in the league, only one CCC behind JUve).
Goals per shot 11 % (7th in the league) but I also took most shots in the league with 750 shots.

Ex goals against 30.99 (18th in the league)

Players:
My AF Luis Muriel had a cracker. 43 games played in Serie A and CL, 41 goals scored.
My TM Zapata played 48 games in all comps, scoring 26 goals.

Tactic has been terrific. Its good enough on its own, but since you have to make one or two changes in the tactic ahead of every game - its enough to make it FEEL as if im the brains behind the tactic. So its not just a plug and play but its very close to it.

Amazing fun tactic which creates some great counter attacking football! Loving it!

Well, the tactic turned out perfectly fine.

First season with Atalanta (only signed Javi Galan) I won the Serie A and made it to the final i the CL but lost on penalties to Bayern.

Serie A stats:
Won 25 games, 10 draws and 3 losses. 87 goals scored (best in the league) and 39 conceded (fifth in the league). 54% overall possession and 87% passing . 115 yellow cards (best in the league). Ex Goals 81.73 (best in the league) with Juve (second) at 74.39. 36 CCC (second in the league, only one CCC behind JUve).
Goals per shot 11 % (7th in the league) but I also took most shots in the league with 750 shots.

Ex goals against 30.99 (18th in the league)

Players:
My AF Luis Muriel had a cracker. 43 games played in Serie A and CL, 41 goals scored.
My TM Zapata played 48 games in all comps, scoring 26 goals.

Tactic has been terrific. Its good enough on its own, but since you have to make one or two changes in the tactic ahead of every game - its enough to make it FEEL as if im the brains behind the tactic. So its not just a plug and play but its very close to it.

Amazing fun tactic which creates some great counter attacking football! Loving it!
i am glad you had a good season...well done