3-4-3 The Langvatn Tribute By Jesaustralia

Oh Bwomper - that would have been a pain to go through all that - my apoligiez
I reckon you were fluid and all that so not gonna ask that. I think this test proves its not for extreme underdogs, however maybe with match training defensive positioning when such a small team just an idea.

Are you gonna try this with a different team?

Big thank you's for doing this - I really appreciate it, but I think your new computer thought it was painful, and you as well - me personally could feel it like a knife through the heart :)

How many leagues do you run now?

Cheers pal
I will go with Sassuolo and this tactic until I can ( Maybe the president dont think the same lol )

And now im running about 40 leagues and about 99.000 players ( Full stars rendiment )

I will go with Sassuolo and this tactic until I can ( Maybe the president dont think the same lol )

And now im running about 40 leagues and about 99.000 players ( Full stars rendiment )

Cool - looking forward to hear about your journey

It was what I dreamt of doing when this game was called Championship manager :)
Now we can run it all - well almost and that is kind of cool

cheers

Guys I cannot accept this!

View attachment 335644

I put match training on defensive positioning because i want to understand whats going on. Doesn't it seem to you all that it has nothing to do with defending?

Double as many shots as normal and looked highly dangerous.

Isn't defensive positioning - how well the players are positioned on the field when not having the ball?

Next training match - great team vs Sevilla away I'll report back

EDIT:

View attachment 335643

Not as many chances - I saw everything to understand what defensive positioning does. It looks to me that it completely frustrates the opposition, they are honestly one of the best teams in my save. They were not dangerous in front our goal and we did look like we were positioned correctly on the field, that part was actually a pleasure to watch. The Sevilla team often looked like they've lost their creativity, they couldn't find any openings and were throwing the ball away in dangerous positions for us to counter them.

View attachment 335610

Further looking at defensive positioning - Vs Zaragoza 2. division team - yea many chances, but the chances are rushed when taking them and their for gets wasted easier, combination play or passes in general are less with defensive positioning, things like one twos's are none existing. Teamwork would be exellent at this and I think teamwork is probably the way to go if you wanna watch beautiful pass combinations etc. I haven't tested my thoughts on attacking movement yet. Right now this looks like it should be Teamwork for possession tactics.

I will update this post further, I'm starting to like defensive positioning, my team are only strong understanding among the players, so just wonder how they will perform when dieing for each other :)

cheers

Last edited:
I just finished season with Real Madrid. Lost in CL final 2-1 to Man Utd. Which was the only defeat all season. I played with this tactic for about 75% of season. Screenshot of league to follow.

View attachment 335590

I would have thought defensive positioning would help the tactic being used to be better defending. More to be used as a defensive type tactic when team you are is the underdog in a game. Confused now though!

I would have thought defensive positioning would help the tactic being used to be better defending. More to be used as a defensive type tactic when team you are is the underdog in a game. Confused now though!

Yes defensive positioning is suppose to be a source of defending - How to move without ball basically, but I just feel all those chances you get is rushed chances and will be easier missed. I also feel the triangle play becomes less somehow and that's important for this tactic. I also tried Attacking movement and it looked like the players became more direct, which is alright if you play something like "Plug & Play Freedom" or "GOOAALL262". We are playing The Langvatn tribute and I'm pretty sure teamwork is the way to go. Try it out yourself :)

Nice Result - despite the CL loss - You should really try it on teamwork match training and team cohesion general - the overall gel level is really important to get those beater results.

Cheers mate

OP UPDATED!

Ok Guys after trying to make a live video of Euro Supercup vs. Man.U - I quit. It took so long to render that I decided doh...Fu..it!

Instead I'm gonna show you a few images which you might like. I was so stuck upon MATCH TRAINING=TEAMWORK
Then I lost away from home vs Betis in the spanish supercup - In my save currently they are one of the teams that I look out for a top 6 team off spain.

Guys I think I know what it is about the match training.

IMPORTANT READ THIS! - Match training is advertised to give you a tempoary boost in attributes and its said that you should play defensive positioning if up against a tough opponent and attacking movement against easy opponent, that's both correct and wrong according to me.

If you are a small team for instance and have your best qualities defensively, it might be a good idea to go for Attacking movement to be better overall as a team. If you are a big team like FC Barcelona - Real Madrid - Man.C - Man.U etc etc. its probably a good idea to go with defensive positioning because you most often is best at attacking with those sort of teams already.

Before you think about these things though you should think about reaching a team gel level at Extremely strong understanding through Team cohesion general training and math training Team work, then you can decide what your team are good and bad at.

I know for a fact that my team is extremely good at attacking and will probably not benefit from attacking movement, so its a waste. So my team gel level is high already at Extremely strong understanding and I have decided to go for the Defensive positioning and will do that all season. Now I really hope you will consider using this formula that I have just described because I strongly believe this is it.

Now lets look at some results using match preparation defensive positioning :

Euro supercup vs Man.u
690111d1412128388-3-4-3-langvatn-tribute-jesaustralia-man-utd-v-barcelona_-overview-overview.png

vs Gimnastic
690113d1412128512-3-4-3-langvatn-tribute-jesaustralia-barcelona-v-gimn%C3%A0stic_-overview-overview.png

vs. Real Madrid
690116d1412128577-3-4-3-langvatn-tribute-jesaustralia-barcelona-v-r.-madrid_-overview-overview.png

CL vs Zenit away
690117d1412128638-3-4-3-langvatn-tribute-jesaustralia-zenit-v-barcelona_-stats-match-stats.png

Honestly - It couldn't be more plug & play than that.

Here look at all the fixtures so far - the top 5 friendlies are with defensive positioning - then i switched to teamwork and changed it back individually to defensive positioning in the 2nd Betis match the 5-2 win was default vs Man.u

Fixtures
690119d1412129127-3-4-3-langvatn-tribute-jesaustralia-f.c.-barcelona_-fixtures-schedule-4.png

Guys - Switch! :)

Edit More Results:

Away vs Sporting
690238d1412161288-3-4-3-langvatn-tribute-jesaustralia-sporting-v-barcelona_-overview-overview.png

Away vs Sevilla - Last years No. 2 in Spain - Very strong team
690240d1412161314-3-4-3-langvatn-tribute-jesaustralia-sevilla-v-barcelona_-stats-match-stats-2.png

Away vs Murcia - Poor team (Lots of wasted opportunities)
690241d1412161337-3-4-3-langvatn-tribute-jesaustralia-murcia-v-barcelona_-stats-match-stats.png

CL Home vs Roma (One of the best teams in the world - In my save)
690244d1412161358-3-4-3-langvatn-tribute-jesaustralia-barcelona-v-roma_-overview-overview.png

You need more proof? - I think these results speak their own language!

Cheers all

Last edited:
I had a windwows update - so I had to close my game - Now I'm supersticious when doing that when I'm in a good period with the results.

Playing a bottom team in the league at home

1st half at home vs Mallorca 0-0.....Thinking the fun is over!

Fulltime result:
690294d1412167250-3-4-3-langvatn-tribute-jesaustralia-barcelona-v-mallorca_-overview-overview.png

League Table after 7 matches Using Defensive positioning
690296d1412167303-3-4-3-langvatn-tribute-jesaustralia-liga-bbva_-overview-stages.png

Cheers

Hi Jes,, haven't read your latest post so I will read it after I have posted some results here.

This tactic started out great but it has now started to frustrate me a lot. I won a lot of game 5-0 6-0 and the football was beautiful. But then there are games in which I dont get a single highlight expect for the goal I concede. Not a single good move. Loses of 1-0 or 2-0 that I cannot explain. My team is the best in the league, I dont understand. used attacking movement btw:

so here:
League table after 10 matches:
View attachment 335482

Fixtures:
View attachment 335481

As you an see I've got a lot of 4-0 or more victories. The loss at chelsea i can acept as I was dont to 10 men inside 5 mins. The losses to Forest and United I cannot, my team was so much better than that.

Actually I can accept the loss as well, but its the manner of the loss. Once a atctic is fluid I usually watch highlights at key level and to only see highlighst when the opposition scores or gets a chance is not acceptable.

Any suggestions, I have moved to defensive positioning as you suggested and will try it out but still any other ideas?

Last edited:
Hi Jes,, haven't read your latest post so I will read it after I have posted some results here.

This tactic started out great but it has now started to frustrate me a lot. I won a lot of game 5-0 6-0 and the football was beautiful. But then there are games in which I dont get a single highlight expect for the goal I concede. Not a single good move. Loses of 1-0 or 2-0 that I cannot explain. My team is the best in the league, I dont understand. used attacking movement btw:

so here:
League table after 10 matches:
View attachment 690424

Fixtures:
View attachment 690425

As you an see I've got a lot of 4-0 or more victories. The loss at chelsea i can acept as I was dont to 10 men inside 5 mins. The losses to Forest and United I cannot, my team was so much better than that.

Actually I can accept the loss as well, but its the manner of the loss. Once a atctic is fluid I usually watch highlights at key level and to only see highlighst when the opposition scores or gets a chance is not acceptable.

Any suggestions, I have moved to defensive positioning as you suggested and will try it out but still any other ideas?

READ THIS - Mate!

Hey Jes, you put match tarining to def pos and normal to team cohesion at low even when willing to die for each other is achieved?

This post is dedicated to screenshots of my squad and inspiration for filtering.

The Filter:

Goalkeepers:

View attachment 335463

View attachment 335462

Central Defender Left & Right:

View attachment 335461

View attachment 335460

View attachment 335459

View attachment 335458

Central Defender Centre:

View attachment 335457

View attachment 335456
Retraining to DC

DMC's/Box To Box:

View attachment 335454

View attachment 335453

View attachment 335452

View attachment 335451

View attachment 335450
Retraining to DMC

CM's/AMC's:

View attachment 335449

View attachment 335448

View attachment 335447

View attachment 335446

View attachment 335445
Unhappy dude! :(

Inside Forwards:

View attachment 335444

View attachment 335442

View attachment 335441

View attachment 335440

View attachment 335439

View attachment 335438
Retraining to AMR

Centre Striker/Complete Forward:

View attachment 335437

View attachment 335436

View attachment 335435

View attachment 335434
I'm selling this guy - Though he is good

I hope this filter can give you a better understanding of what sort of players that I look for or try to create

Interested in trying my save - I can easily upload it PM me for it though!

Individual Training Schedules:

Goalkeeper - Switch when satisfied with Reflexes attribute 15-16+ to Sweeper keeper schedule
Goalkeeper schedule/Sweeper keeper schedule

Central Defender Left & Right - Ballplaying Defender schedule/Sweeper Schedule -
Make sure these players have some pace 13+ A Good tip to Retrain quick Fullbacks and one of them great in jumping for corners and the other decent.

Central Defender Centre - Ballplaying Defender Schedule/Sweeper Schedule - Make sure he is good at passing and creativity. A Good tip is to retrain a deep laying playmaker.

Defensive Midfielder/Box To Box - Defensive midfield Schedule/Complete Forward Schedule/Box To Box Schedule - When I have achieved decent skills as a defensive midfielder I change to complete forward schedule to add quickness composure creativity along with all the complete forward skills if you are happy with what he got then you can switch to box to box schedule.

Centre Midfielder/Attacking Midfielder - Complete Forward Schedule/Trequartista Schedule/Central Midfielder Schedule - The Complete forward schedule will be on this type of player for most of his career as it gives him everything I expect from an offensive midfielder. Trequartista to get some flair and central midfielder to get him some teamwork - workrate & positioning.

Inside Forward's - Poacher Schedule/Complete Forward Schedule/Trequartista Schedule - Flair is good to have in this position so is some Technique, but poaching skills are very important - you want a quick composed and great offball player. Look at the screenshot above to understand where I'm going with this.

Complete Forward/Creative Forward - Complete Forward Schedule/Trequartista Schedule - Look at Rous above He's the best example I can give you and the closest you'll ever see perfection in FM13.

Learn The Player Preferred Moves

Last edited:
Hey Jes, you put match tarining to def pos and normal to team cohesion at low even when willing to die for each other is achieved?

I do this:

Preseason:

1st set your tactic in all 3 slots on the tactical screen
2nd Arrange 8 away friendly matches - watch them!

3rd Goal=Full tactical Fluidity - Goto the training screen & set it to:

Team cohesion - intensity=very high - 50% - match training=tactical only

Keep it like this till your tactic is fully fluid - remember to get some fitness training in their as well!
When Fluid switch match training to Teamwork about a few weeks before 1st match of the season

Team Gel Goal=Extremely Strong Understanding

All Season/Rest Of The Season:

Team cohesion - Intensity Low - 50% Match training - Tick Rest After match

Read This Post To Help You Decide Match Training!

In Your case - Defensive Positioning

CHEERS!

My latest match and my highest scoring match since I started to play FM13 - Opponent is very weak, but I still see it as a great achievement. Most players I used is reserve players

690880d1412268141-3-4-3-langvatn-tribute-jesaustralia-barcelona-v-mar-menor_-overview-overview.png

League table after 25 games. 11 points behind league leaders. Most goals but same issues in spite of using defensive positioning: 5-0s, 4-0s followed by 0-0s or 0-1s.

View attachment 335178

PS. southamton side is using 3142 - mid table players

Last edited:
Your squad is amazing haha, trying this tactic on a new dortmund save, signed yarmolenko and pjanic, unfortunately lewandowski is leaving on a free and i can't do anything about it, any ideas on a decent replacement?

League table after 25 games. 11 points behind league leaders. Most goals but same issues in spite of using defensive positioning: 5-0s, 4-0s followed by 0-0s or 0-1s.

View attachment 691145

PS. southamton side is using 3142 - mid table players

Obviously its either your team that is too weak or you who manage incorrectly

Mate would you mind taking screenshots of your players and divide them into different positions?

Hows your assistant manager - Is he good at motivating?

This is my assistant to compare with:

View attachment 335174

Also if you have a team that's unhappy you will underperform - Give them better contracts or sell the players
Use tutoring - private chat everyone who's 23+ then go development - Tutoring. Make sure the tutor has a high determination and a healthy personality like determination - Model Professional etc.

Players with bad attitudes will make the whole card-house fall to pieces.

Seems to me something is going wrong and I can't put a finger on exactly what it is or you can always look at this post and try to compare your current players FILTER POST. I'm destroying everything in my path maybe it only works with very developed regents.

View attachment 335176

View attachment 335175

Remember a tactic is only one part of management - this is not FM12 where you just download the Goal exploit tactic and then you are good.

Of all tactics I have tried in this forum its my experience with very developed regents that this is the best looking tactic and most efficient tactic for my FC Barcelona - Nothing comes close to it! - Do you want me to upload the SAVE?

Cheers

Your squad is amazing haha, trying this tactic on a new dortmund save, signed yarmolenko and pjanic, unfortunately lewandowski is leaving on a free and i can't do anything about it, any ideas on a decent replacement?

What sort of players are these you mention?

**** Lewandowski was the perfect man for the centre striker position - try and take a look at the filter above to inspire you to what sort of players you need.

Don't forget to - Tell us how it goes:

Goodluck

Cheers

What sort of players are these you mention?

**** Lewandowski was the perfect man for the centre striker position - try and take a look at the filter above to inspire you to what sort of players you need.

Don't forget to - Tell us how it goes:

Goodluck

Cheers

yarmolenko and reus are my inside forwards, I play Pjanic who is an AMC in the CM position, Yarmolenko suits this tactic superbly, in the German league, I've played 16, won 10, drawn 4 and lost 2 and sit second by 1 point. Yarmolenko has played 16, scored 10 and assisted 3, injured now though for 6 weeks typically. Great tactic though mate and I appreciate the amount of effort and detail you go into to help out,
Cheers

Obviously its either your team that is too weak or you who manage incorrectly

Mate would you mind taking screenshots of your players and divide them into different positions?

Hows your assistant manager - Is he good at motivating?

This is my assistant to compare with:

View attachment 691153

Also if you have a team that's unhappy you will underperform - Give them better contracts or sell the players
Use tutoring - private chat everyone who's 23+ then go development - Tutoring. Make sure the tutor has a high determination and a healthy personality like determination - Model Professional etc.

Players with bad attitudes will make the whole card-house fall to pieces.

Seems to me something is going wrong and I can't put a finger on exactly what it is or you can always look at this post and try to compare your current players FILTER POST. I'm destroying everything in my path maybe it only works with very developed regents.

View attachment 691149

View attachment 691151

Remember a tactic is only one part of management - this is not FM12 where you just download the Goal exploit tactic and then you are good.

Of all tactics I have tried in this forum its my experience with very developed regents that this is the best looking tactic and most efficient tactic for my FC Barcelona - Nothing comes close to it! - Do you want me to upload the SAVE?

Cheers

thanks mate for once again replying in detail:

here are my players:

Strikers:
View attachment 335167

View attachment 335166

Inside forwards:
View attachment 335165

View attachment 335164

View attachment 335163

CMs:

View attachment 335162