3-4-3 The Langvatn Tribute By Jesaustralia

jes i have to rectify in some way, the midfielders left and right are not set in OI but they are set if they are IF

cool, feel free to setup wingers yourself

mr=show to right
ml=show to left

Alright mate, this is a big ask, but reckon you could make a shortlist of all the players in the positions which suit this tactic? Like non regens, but real life players, it would really help me out, no worries if you can't because it is a very big ask.

Cheers

Hey Jes, sorry I dont follow the OI discussion:

do I ask my AM to set OIs?

or does your tactic does that by default? (but it shouldn't as we face different opponents)

Alright mate, this is a big ask, but reckon you could make a shortlist of all the players in the positions which suit this tactic? Like non regens, but real life players, it would really help me out, no worries if you can't because it is a very big ask.

Cheers

Hmmm I dont remember the game stats but for real life players:

AML: Neymar, Reus, Ronaldo,
AMR: Bale, Robben, maybe Ozil retrained but I think he isnt that quick or his finishing is that high, Sanchez, Sterling (work on his finishing), Messi too
ST: Lewandowski, maybe look at Cavani or Ibrahimvic, Falcao is good option but not sure if he is creative enough. Aguero is probably short but you could look at him too

Real life Suarez would work for all 3 but not sure if he is good enough in Fm 2013. Stevan Jovetic is another one, creative AML+ST, you could train him in AMR as he can use both feet but he isnt lightning and is injury prone.

MC: Gundogan, Di Maria, Toure, Vidal, Kroos (but he is slow),
DM: Fernando, maybe look at the Bender twins or Javi martinez

DC: Kompany, Luiz, Thiago Silva, Umtiti, in my saves Nastasic somtimes becomes a quick BPD, Varane, Ramos, John Stones has high potential

Last edited:
Hmmm I dont remember the game stats but for real life players:

AML: Neymar, Reus, Ronaldo,
AMR: Bale, Robben, maybe Ozil retrained but I think he isnt that quick or his finishing is that high, Sanchez, Sterling (work on his finishing), Messi too
ST: Lewandowski, maybe look at Cavani or Ibrahimvic, Falcao is good option but not sure if he is creative enough. Aguero is probably short but you could look at him too

Real life Suarez would work for all 3 but not sure if he is good enough in Fm 2013. Stevan Jovetic is another one, creative AML+ST, you could train him in AMR as he can use both feet but he isnt lightning and is injury prone.

MC: Gundogan, Di Maria, Toure, Vidal, Kroos (but he is slow),
DM: Fernando, maybe look at the Bender twins or Javi martinez

DC: Kompany, Luiz, Thiago Silva, Umtiti, in my saves Nastasic somtimes becomes a quick BPD, Varane, Ramos, John Stones has high potential
Cheers mate, appreciate that, i'll look into some of those players.
Nice one.

Hey Jes, sorry I dont follow the OI discussion:

do I ask my AM to set OIs?

or does your tactic does that by default? (but it shouldn't as we face different opponents)

Your am has nothing to do with this - when did i say that?

Mate when you are about to play your match their is a opponent instruction page - you can give instruction to close down opponent players or opponent positions - like i have done with this tactic and then saved it so you actually get those setting that i set, but you can set more yourself. Show to foot is the only thing i touched, and i didnt touch wingers attacking midfielders or defensive midfielders so if you want oi's on those you have to do it yourself. And if you dont touch it i dont think its a big disaster

cheers

Cheers

Mate look at the filter and don't be lazy

cheers

So its time for my end of season review. First of all I must apologize to Jes, he made a great tactic that maybe I haven't seem appreciating of but I was frustrated due to the unevenness of the results. I realize that that is down partly to players as I think this is a very strong team tactic and secondly down to the PL. There is this AI manager Roberto Donadoni and I have seen him in previous saves really making it difficult for me to win even with AS 442 and Marcelo 3142. Suffice to say that the 11 point margin that United under him had over my City side after 2/3rd of the season went down to 5 points after their 1st two losses (both to my sides, Man City using 343 and Southampton using 3142) and then lucky breaks in the end where united dropped point in there last 4 games allowing me to win the league on the final day with 1 point.

View attachment 334958

My main striker Atanasov scored 64 goals in 56 games in all competitions and had 29 assists, but he missed on the CL final and a PL game due to broken leg so he is now out for 6 months. I won the CL with a 1-0 victory over Freiburg which is currently the best side in the save (I created it over twelve seasons but no longer manage it) though they were down to 10 men.

overall figures:
View attachment 334957

Look really great. I realize now the 2 of my 3 defender aren't that good at jumping so some of the goals can be attributed to that and my IFs were more wingers than poachers and I intend to correct that in the next window (wanna play 1 more season with this tactic)

As far as general play is concerned, I loved that:
1) Pass and move. looks really good, all players except the CDs always on the move
2) covering by the outer CBs, coming up to meet the ball and driving the players wide.
3) slick passing and countering by the IFs.

If youv'e built a very strong side and want a new tactic or just to freshen things up, this is the go to tactic. The football is awesome!

So its time for my end of season review. First of all I must apologize to Jes, he made a great tactic that maybe I haven't seem appreciating of but I was frustrated due to the unevenness of the results. I realize that that is down partly to players as I think this is a very strong team tactic and secondly down to the PL. There is this AI manager Roberto Donadoni and I have seen him in previous saves really making it difficult for me to win even with AS 442 and Marcelo 3142. Suffice to say that the 11 point margin that United under him had over my City side after 2/3rd of the season went down to 5 points after their 1st two losses (both to my sides, Man City using 343 and Southampton using 3142) and then lucky breaks in the end where united dropped point in there last 4 games allowing me to win the league on the final day with 1 point.

View attachment 691694

My main striker Atanasov scored 64 goals in 56 games in all competitions and had 29 assists, but he missed on the CL final and a PL game due to broken leg so he is now out for 6 months. I won the CL with a 1-0 victory over Freiburg which is currently the best side in the save (I created it over twelve seasons but no longer manage it) though they were down to 10 men.

overall figures:
View attachment 691696

Look really great. I realize now the 2 of my 3 defender aren't that good at jumping so some of the goals can be attributed to that and my IFs were more wingers than poachers and I intend to correct that in the next window (wanna play 1 more season with this tactic)

As far as general play is concerned, I loved that:
1) Pass and move. looks really good, all players except the CDs always on the move
2) covering by the outer CBs, coming up to meet the ball and driving the players wide.
3) slick passing and countering by the IFs.

If youv'e built a very strong side and want a new tactic or just to freshen things up, this is the go to tactic. The football is awesome!

Thanks for that mate

I recommend that you use this tactic over several seasons, so your team really get use to its style. I think atanasov's 64 goals sounds amazing. He actually look like the perfect inside forward though, but if he scores 64 i dont think he should play anythng else :)

Cheers mate

Just wanted to share my squad for next season - built at great expense :):

Strikers (The ones I want to play as CF):

View attachment 691183

View attachment 691186

Forwards (AML, AMR and backup strikers): First two are new buys, I had a youth striker that I trained as AMR

View attachment 334845

View attachment 334836

View attachment 334844

View attachment 691193

Central Midfielders:
1 new CM, Angelo Esmael from my Freiburg side. Great stats

View attachment 334843

View attachment 691197

View attachment 334842

View attachment 691199

Defensive Midfielders:

View attachment 691201

View attachment 691202

View attachment 334841

View attachment 334840

Center Backs (2 new ones to add height):

View attachment 691205

View attachment 334839

View attachment 691209

View attachment 334838

View attachment 334837

Keepers:

View attachment 334835

View attachment 334834

In spite of these expensive acquisitions, my net spend is only 3M!!!!

View attachment 334833

However, I still lost my 1st league match 1-0 to Chelsea but maybe that's because squad has forged extremely string understanding and is not yet at willing to die level.

Last edited:
Just wanted to share my squad for next season - built at great expense :):

Strikers (The ones I want to play as CF):

View attachment 691183

View attachment 691186

Forwards (AML, AMR and backup strikers): First two are new buys, I had a youth striker that I trained as AMR

View attachment 691931

View attachment 691950

View attachment 691932

View attachment 691193

Central Midfielders:
1 new CM, Angelo Esmael from my Freiburg side. Great stats

View attachment 691934

View attachment 691197

View attachment 691936

View attachment 691199

Defensive Midfielders:

View attachment 691201

View attachment 691202

View attachment 691938

View attachment 691939

Center Backs (2 new ones to add height):

View attachment 691205

View attachment 691942

View attachment 691209

View attachment 691944

View attachment 691947

Keepers:

View attachment 691952

View attachment 691955

In spite of these expensive acquisitions, my net spend is only 3M!!!!

View attachment 691958

However, I still lost my 1st league match 1-0 to Chelsea but maybe that's because squad has forged extremely string understanding and is not yet at willing to die level.

No you still have weak points - you have a defender with 5 in jumping i have never recommended that. My minimum is always around 12 for jumping. Your goal keepers one on one ability does not look good either, this is an important skill and should be above 15. I don't like Sidibe while other will say he looks great I say yes for selling - He's a player that will never develop anymore and not good enough in a team like Man.C - his physical skills is very bad compared to mine not even at my minimum which is 16
to be worthy in the centre striker slot. I actually want them lightning fast. You want the centre striker to look like Esmael technically and mentally - physically he doesn't look good enough to me though.

Did you watch your 8 friendly matches?

You want them to draw confidence from these matches as well as team gel it happened lightning quick when i was watching them all and actually enjoyed watching how they took down the likes of Dortmund away from home.

If you do your own team talks you are not following what I do. I don't care if they react badly to what my assistant say, I do this blind folded, if I know he's a good motivator and has pretty tactical knowledge he's the man for the job for me. Results show me that he's doing a great job - not that someone get angered at halftime or whatever - maybe he need a cold shower or even to be told off for his poor performances, I would do that!.

Player personalities most of my players are determined - resolute - model pro - I use tutoring lots and most of my players determination is in the high end.

I don't like unhappy players in my squad if you have any of that you should either sell them or offer them a new contract and play them. For example if you don't play a player who is ambitous he will be very unhappy and edgy at one point and create a bad atmosphere in the team. You will be able to see that on the field.

Their is nothing wrong with your team gel! - It looks perfect and you are ready to switch to Defensive Positioning. I don't know why you lost, only you know. I haven't lost with this tactic yet and 6 of my very important players are not available to me and haven't been for a long time due to long term injuries which I get alot of at the moment (So annoying).

Your danish dmc flemming nielsen or something like that he is amazing and he looks simular to a player i have FORT - Anchormen type for this position rocks big time! after that focus on the more creative side of their game.

As a midfielder I love Esmael and he should just train complete forward they all should those who play centre mid.

While you probably feel like im bashing you, I can tell you I'm not! - I'm extremely frustrated that you are having bad experiences with several of my tactics, but this one should be king and is for others as well. I'm trying to help you here and by looking at your players their isn't alot wrong. I want you to go take a close look at how my players look again - Go to the filter and analyze. Also reload the tactic meaning make a slot available at the tactics screen and load "The Langvatn Tribute" into the slot and use that one. Don't make any changes to it, put your best jumper at DCL position and you are good to go.

Ok mate tell me how you go!

Cheers

Watch the video - hope you like it :)

[video=youtube;qIQ2EJVQK1A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIQ2EJVQK1A[/video]

You are correct Jes in regards an underdog team in EPL. Tried this over the weekend with Southampton. they have some nice young players but were media predicted to finish 18th. I am strugglong with them in the league and in a relegation battle to end of season. Saying this I did win Capital 1 cup on pens! So not all is bad.. Just saved and logged out, but before that media asked me about Chelsea job, maybe I log back in and get offered that job... Is a great tactic and will work with top 6 sides pehaps but any that are predicted to be I would say 14th or lower will struggle to get the wins in the league especially EPL. Screenshots up to now including cup final win and league table.

View attachment 334725 View attachment 334724

Finished the season with Southampton and will say that I finished 16th, so 2 places above media prediction. Won last game 5-0 and that kept us up. One thing I will say is that even for an underdog team it does score a lot of goals.. Trouble is that it concedes a lot of goals as well. Scored 74 and let in 74, so attacking wise is still good for an underdog team, defence wise it is not, or at least for me with Southampton. Final table screenshot..

View attachment 334706

Finished the season with Southampton and will say that I finished 16th, so 2 places above media prediction. Won last game 5-0 and that kept us up. One thing I will say is that even for an underdog team it does score a lot of goals.. Trouble is that it concedes a lot of goals as well. Scored 74 and let in 74, so attacking wise is still good for an underdog team, defence wise it is not, or at least for me with Southampton. Final table screenshot..

View attachment 692252

Well I have world class defenders and the tendency that I see is that we don't conceede, so for weak defenders I think you will conceede no matter what tactic you use, and for strong the reversed. Players matters for any tactic even the underdog tactics. But thanks for testing this with an underdog, I know its a pain to watch when everything doesn't go up :)

Cheers mate

Really great vid Jes, nice work.
Your tactic looked strong though I haven't tried it yet, been busy with mine.
Gonna post it in the next day or two, see what you guys think and how/if it can be improved.
So far only played 40ish games with only 1 loss to ****** BARCELONA!!!! ;) he-he!

Really great vid Jes, nice work.
Your tactic looked strong though I haven't tried it yet, been busy with mine.
Gonna post it in the next day or two, see what you guys think and how/if it can be improved.
So far only played 40ish games with only 1 loss to ****** BARCELONA!!!! ;) he-he!

Barcelona: We are the best! - :)

Yea I wanted to show people on here an example of some of the play leading to the goals scored with this new tactic. I tried to create that with my own voice which became a fail, so I hired a friend of mine to do the job for me and I think he's really professional sounding so I can't appreciate that enough.

My tactic does show alot of strenght and in my save seem very superior, but others have tried it with big fails, so its probably my team that can make anything happen with anything :)

Goodluck with your tactic mate

Cheers