3-4-3 The Langvatn Tribute By Jesaustralia

The set pieces however need to be looked at (they are the main source of conceding goals for me), and I don't have time for that sadly. This tactic has huge advantages to set pieces, due to the fact that you have three central defenders. Use them! :)

Going to give this tweak a try. So far on the original tactic for my Liverpool save i have played 20, won 15, drawn 2 and lost 3. I'm still in all competitions and sit 1st in the league, going to try out the tweak once fluid.
Cheers guys.

Going to give this tweak a try. So far on the original tactic for my Liverpool save i have played 20, won 15, drawn 2 and lost 3. I'm still in all competitions and sit 1st in the league, going to try out the tweak once fluid.
Cheers guys.

What year you in mate? I'm trying it with Liverpool first season now, no transfers :)

What year you in mate? I'm trying it with Liverpool first season now, no transfers :)
2024 so I've got a fairly strong team with regens, let me know how you get on though, wouldn't mind starting again with Liverpool. Are you using the 2014 transfer update database? The one from pupuli?

2024 so I've got a fairly strong team with regens, let me know how you get on though, wouldn't mind starting again with Liverpool. Are you using the 2014 transfer update database?

No, just original database. I have yet to have a shot fired against my goal lol :p

Edit: Seems I have some updates afterall, so no Suarez :(

But when it works with West Ham first season, it should work with Liverpool too, even without Suarez :)

Last edited:
No, just original database. I have yet to have a shot fired against my goal lol :p

Edit: Seems I have some updates afterall, so no Suarez :(

Impressive how you've sharpened up the defense so well, is it still strong attacking wise? Shame about the no Suarez.

Impressive how you've sharpened up the defense so well, is it still strong attacking wise? Shame about the no Suarez.

Defensively it's better. I just hope that it doesn't take away too much of the attacking power. Time will show :)

Now it's time for bed. Cya later dudes :)

Just played vs city who are my main rivals in the premier league, beat them 5-1 and they had one shot, wasn't even on target.

Defensively it's better. I just hope that it doesn't take away too much of the attacking power. Time will show :)

Now it's time for bed. Cya later dudes :)

I often conceede on freekick setpieces is that what happens to you too mr langvatn?

I'm not fluid yet but almost their first match I played away I got a 2-1 win against no 4 malaga they scored on a freekick setpiece and it was very annoying. They had 4 chances and were totally dominated we should have won with more.

This is the next match still not fully fluid
693162d1413068059-3-4-3-langvatn-tribute-jesaustralia-barcelona-v-espanyol_-stats-match-stats.png

Despite only winning 2-1 away I am reminding myself I'm not fully fluid and I could have scored much more than 2 had about 20 chances some of them really huge chances. I think Mr.Langvatn managed to create a very well working underdog tactic out of his new tweaks. It still have some nice triangle play but a little more direct, but tactic shall not meat judgement before fully fluid and I'm not yet, but I see a clear tendency which makes me very satisfied. It looks like the tactic will dominate much more.. I can't wait to get the defensive positioning boost on. Did you use that as well Mr Langvatn?

I encourage you all to try this tweak by Mr.Langvatn - It shows great promise and I don't think it will lose its attacking force, its well thought out. Now we just need to have the defensive setpieces fixed mostly freekicks I will say.

Do anyone see any problems from defensive corners, because I usually don't

Bwomper if you see this - Maybe its time for a Sassuolo revival :)

All you other guys who still play fm13 - try this tweak by Mr Langvatn

Cheers mates

Last edited:
I know its freakin' morning and I should be in bed, but I'm not haha! - So I'm writing you guys :)

Am Fluid with the Mr.Langvatn tweak - I am conflicted in this way - The tactic already worked brilliantly for me without any tweaks, and the play was beautiful to watch in the original tactic for me, I'll have to say its the best tactic I have seen which was what I said about Gooaall262, but when I say it like that I mean the best looking tactic on the pitch that I have seen and created in a bunch of coincidences. I can only take credit for the formation/idea which is an offspring from some of my other tactics the 4 midfielders in particular. I can't take credit for the sliders. But conflicted due to my current success!

I decided anyway to be open when MR.L made a tweak to this tactic because what if it became even better, so I have started using this tweak and I have tweaked the setpieces a little I will release that in a moment, but I can't tell yet if that is a good thing, this is still a young setpiece tweak :) - I had to keep telling myself this will take several matches even when fluid before it will show its true nature so "Patience" - My corners kick scorer have stopped scoring and the settings are the same, but i believe that will come back "patience" - Was doubting the average rate in some of the matches, but reminded myself again to be patient - My top scorer stopped scoring my central Striker Rous I have to be "Patient" - The triangle play is lacking "Patience man!"

I am patient and I'm a screenshot nerd :)
League table most season with original tactic -4 league matches
View attachment 334334

I played Valencia away in the champions league quarters got red carded - I took the centre striker of and beat them 2-1 Valencia is one of the best teams in the world player wise, but obviously they under perform in the league
(We completely outplayed them away from home). I'm about to play 2nd leg vs Valencia in the champions league will update that before I'm going to bed.

Then I played Barakaldo no 7 at the time
View attachment 334333

I saw some of the most beautiful football I have seen with Mr.Langvatn's tweak and my setpiece tweak which is not approved yet! I won the possession :) I used 5 players that I normally bench. So as I said before "Patience" ;)

As the screenshot ***** that I am look at my newest star
View attachment 334332

Their is no conclusion yet, but it is very promising and I do see improvements in defence and then I actually think the inside forwards have become even better with the little tweak that Mr. Langvatn made, I'm still undecided about that, but not dissatisfied :) . My central striker still look good, but I find it very important that he's creative, because he do interact alot in the play. I'm gonna report back with more, am very excited each match I'm playing! Oh and I'm using defensive positioning, I don't know what langvatn use.

Will not release the setpiece tweak yet as i need to test with several matches if thiss is good enough at all

Cheers guys

Last edited:
Played the Valencia match at home won it 1-0
View attachment 334319
I thought to myself ahh not good enough I honestly expect to win these matches by 4 goals atleast at home otherwise its a fail for my team, but that's fine Possession is ok well maybe a little more than ok - ok a definite pass - I love it!

Next match Getafe very weak team that lays in the bottom I switched to attacking movement
View attachment 334318

Pretty satisfied with that an ok result I believe :)

Mr. Langvatn I think your tweak is becoming more and more approved in my head oh and the game was a joy to watch
So all I can say to that is if you have problems scoring switch to the opposite. Or untill you are notified otherwise just kidding

Cheers again

Played the Valencia match at home won it 1-0
View attachment 693235
I thought to myself ahh not good enough I honestly expect to win these matches by 4 goals atleast at home otherwise its a fail for my team, but that's fine Possession is ok well maybe a little more than ok - ok a definite pass - I love it!

Next match Getafe very weak team that lays in the bottom I switched to attacking movement
View attachment 693236

Pretty satisfied with that an ok result I believe :)

Mr. Langvatn I think your tweak is becoming more and more approved in my head oh and the game was a joy to watch
So all I can say to that is if you have problems scoring switch to the opposite. Or untill you are notified otherwise just kidding

Cheers again

Keep in mind that I created the tweak for use with weaker sides. The tweak is tailored to work against teams that tries to dominate against you, that means teams with less reputation than you. Your Barcelona team probably has the highest reputation in the world, so no teams would try to dominate the game. For your Barcelona team, your original tactic might be just as good, or at least higher scoring. Extensive testing in a test template would be required to really find out which is best for a top team, but I have no doubt that the tweak is much better for lower table sides or mid table sides than the original.

I also use defensive positioning btw :)

Perhaps it would be an idea to use your original tactic at home, and the tweak away (Due to the counter-attacking element not being the most effective in home matches) ? I've noticed that I usually get better results away with the tweak, even for lesser sides.

Last edited:
Hey again mate. I've had a re-visit to my tripletweak tactics after seeing that it works with much more formations, so I made one that has FOUR purely attacking roles, AML/AMR/STCL/STCR. It actually works great defensively too. I thought you might want to try it since you like the AMR/AML positions :)

Keep in mind that I created the tweak for use with weaker sides. The tweak is tailored to work against teams that tries to dominate against you, that means teams with less reputation than you. Your Barcelona team probably has the highest reputation in the world, so no teams would try to dominate the game. For your Barcelona team, your original tactic might be just as good, or at least higher scoring. Extensive testing in a test template would be required to really find out which is best for a top team, but I have no doubt that the tweak is much better for lower table sides or mid table sides than the original.

I also use defensive positioning btw :)

Perhaps it would be an idea to use your original tactic at home, and the tweak away (Due to the counter-attacking element not being the most effective in home matches) ? I've noticed that I usually get better results away with the tweak, even for lesser sides.

Sorry for late reply :)

Actually I really liked your tweak tactic, their was times where I was not sure though. I feel it has become an even more possession tactic than it was before. Many games I get over 70% possession which is fantastic and when using teamwork I get more possession so that's a definite positive. The only negative I feel I have to say is longshots theirs to many of those. Goals look amazing I have seen some cracking goals that I didn't see before I feel. I lost ones but player got injured straight after substitutions in the 60th minute so had to play with 10 men against chelsea away. I feel your tweak do very well, but better with match prep. teamwork for some reason. I'm gonna play with your tweak for a whole season to judge it better. but I'm very happy with the tendency its showing me so far.

Cheers mate

The Langvatn Tweaked by Mr.Langvatn With Teamwork - looked amazing!
- Just broke my personal scoring record and the corner header whos a defender have scored 32 goals again but still have matches to improve this. The stats for this season has been breath taking and I will show that when the season is over.
View attachment 334260

- Just broke my personal scoring record and the corner header whos a defender have scored 32 goals again but still have matches to improve this. The stats for this season has been breath taking and I will show that when the season is over.
View attachment 693358

Sounds good :) Awaiting screenshots of the season results then :)

View attachment 693358

Major important correction READ THIS!

I don't use Teamwork - I use TACTICS ONLY

3 matches are left then screenies

Alright guys season is over I won everything I could win - I used the original tactic for most of the season then I switched to Mr. Langvatn's tweak to see what It would do. I'm going to use this tweak for a whole season next season with my superior Barcelona team. This tweak is meant for underdogs and will make underdogs perform. I get an extreme possession with Barca with this tweak and then having match training set to "Tactics Only"

The screenshots of my season using the original untill the 16th of march where I started to use the tweak.

League table - 11 Goals from Galego's Marcelo tactic Record ****! :)
693473d1413176078-3-4-3-langvatn-tribute-jesaustralia-liga-bbva_-overview-stages-6.png

League table Home
693475d1413176117-3-4-3-langvatn-tribute-jesaustralia-liga-bbva_-overview-stages-7.png

Fixtures 1st part
693477d1413176137-3-4-3-langvatn-tribute-jesaustralia-f.c.-barcelona_-fixtures-schedule-3.png

Fixtures last part
693474d1413176097-3-4-3-langvatn-tribute-jesaustralia-f.c.-barcelona_-fixtures-schedule-2.png

Player seasonal stats goals
693479d1413176163-3-4-3-langvatn-tribute-jesaustralia-f.c.-barcelona_-squad-players.png

Player seasonal stats Assists
693482d1413176179-3-4-3-langvatn-tribute-jesaustralia-f.c.-barcelona_-squad-players-2.png

Last 3 matches Cup Final - CH League Final - Away League match

Cup final vs Betis
693483d1413176740-3-4-3-langvatn-tribute-jesaustralia-barcelona-v-betis_-overview-overview.png

CH League final
693484d1413176761-3-4-3-langvatn-tribute-jesaustralia-.c.-milan-v-barcelona_-stats-away-stats.png

Last League Match Vs R.Sociedad
693487d1413176775-3-4-3-langvatn-tribute-jesaustralia-r.-sociedad-v-barcelona_-stats-away-stats.png

Looking very much forward to the next season - But its gonna be the tweaked version only so I won't expect more goals, but will expect lots of possession and perhaps a better defensive record unless something stupid happens like the match against chelsea where i got down to 10 men due to an injury on one of my subs. I will let you know how it goes but it will take a while before I can report back. My save is very slow thats what 60+ leagues does :)

Cheer guys and you should really try the tweak It seems fantastic for any team

Last edited: