yes, this was pretty much my only complaint about this tactic. it did seem to improve once the team really got the hang of things but still every once in a while the AMC was sub-par. don't know if it's really going to help but you might want to remove the "ease off tackles" and "close down less" PI's from the position, and see how it fares then.
I was thinking more about switching roles, I'm just not sure what the main purpose of the AMC is in this tactic, I've tried watching full matches but he sees so little of the ball that I just can't figure it out. If he is needed for more build up play I was thinking about making him a MCa, since I think the False 9 drops too deep and crowds out the AMC. Or if he is needed for more presence in the box then I was thinking about making him a shadow striker. Hopefully Bluth visists this thread so he could shed some light on this.

So I'm pretty sure that the reason that the AMC gets such low ratings is that the MCaut is basically doing his job kinda making the AMC redundant. Having said that I tried a couple of tweaks, putting the AMC as a Ss, putting him as an MCa and even turning him into a DMC and he got better ratings but the results suffered, so it impacted the overall tactic in a negative way.
It sucks cause I really like this tactic but having my AMC end up with a 6.54 overall rating at the end of the season is just off-putting. And since all the other tactics just make you have so many fouls and yellow cards, I'm just saying goodbye to FM16.

Last edited:
So I'm pretty sure that the reason that the AMC gets such low ratings is that the MCaut is basically doing his job kinda making the AMC redundant. Having said that I tried a couple of tweaks, putting the AMC as a Ss, putting him as an MCa and even turning him into a DMC and he got better ratings but the results suffered, so it impacted the overall tactic in a negative way.
It sucks cause I really like this tactic but having my AMC end up with a 6.54 overall rating at the end of the season is just off-putting. And since all the other tactics just make you have so many fouls and yellow cards, I'm just saying goodbye to FM16.

I hear you man. Really not the best game in the series, this one. The cardfest is absolutely disgusting and the fact that this tactic delivered results with much fewer fouls was one of its main selling reasons for me as well. But yeah I hate it too when a position is constantly underwhelming in an otherwise clicking tactic, such as the CM(d)'s in some of the other tactics I've tried, every single time. As I recall the AMC wasn't THAT bad for me though in this one, but I guess I got lucky in my two seasons I've played with it. They certainly weren't great.

Lately I've been switching the AMC to a Winger. It's much more effective and that position has a much better rating than the AMC did.
View attachment 134403

I absolutely love this tactic, but like the last few posters, I got frustrated with the AMC.

Try changing him to a Trequarista - but keep all the PIs that you can.
Should be: shoot less, mark tighter, more direct passes. Plus those the trequarista already has set.
The team hasn't suffered at all, keeps the same shape, the only thing is he seems to make runs beyond the strikers with this role which he didn't seem to do before, and has a bit more freedom to be creative.
Still doesn't set the world alight ratings-wise like a good WB will, but if you have the right player for the role, I have found he averages solidly 7+

big ups to Gob Bluth for the original tactic
it's funny how the AMC in the original tactic gets so poor ratings, and I was sure it could be improved because whenever I went down to 10 and took off my AMC, it seemed to make no difference to how the team played...

I absolutely love this tactic, but like the last few posters, I got frustrated with the AMC.

Try changing him to a Trequarista - but keep all the PIs that you can.
Should be: shoot less, mark tighter, more direct passes. Plus those the trequarista already has set.
The team hasn't suffered at all, keeps the same shape, the only thing is he seems to make runs beyond the strikers with this role which he didn't seem to do before, and has a bit more freedom to be creative.
Still doesn't set the world alight ratings-wise like a good WB will, but if you have the right player for the role, I have found he averages solidly 7+

big ups to Gob Bluth for the original tactic
it's funny how the AMC in the original tactic gets so poor ratings, and I was sure it could be improved because whenever I went down to 10 and took off my AMC, it seemed to make no difference to how the team played...

Now this I have to try. I'd rather keep the shape intact which is probably my favorite and Bluth's tweak he mentioned above kinda ruins the whole thing for me :p but this one sounds promising

Yeah I'm like you mate, I love the shape. Not many 3 at the back tactics out there and even less that get such good results. At least of those I've seen.
This tactic is a bit like Wales at the Euro's which is pretty cool.

Hope the tweak works for you, it could work well with other roles but I haven't played around with it.
I literally just stuck him as a trequarista (because I figured if the team played just as well without the AMC they could carry him) and instantly he started playing better and scoring/creating more so I never tried anything else!

Hopefully I won't jinx it, but after a promising pre-season the first competitive match of the season (a super cup) saw my AMC deliver a 7.9 without recording either an assist or a goal in a solid 3-0 win for us. If that's anything to judge by this Trequartista tweak is just what this tactic needed. Will keep playing and see how it goes.

Hopefully I won't jinx it, but after a promising pre-season the first competitive match of the season (a super cup) saw my AMC deliver a 7.9 without recording either an assist or a goal in a solid 3-0 win for us. If that's anything to judge by this Trequartista tweak is just what this tactic needed. Will keep playing and see how it goes.

where is tweak

change the AMC

I have changed the AMC to a striker to a poacher and it works very well , scoring alot