Steve*

Y.N.W.A.
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Im currently making a 32 team league system for Ireland.
There will be two divisions.
Premier League.20 teams, play each other twice(38 games) bottom 2 relegated
Second Division, 12 teams,play each other 4 times (44 games) top 2 promoted
All 32 counties would have a county team.
All stadiums would be the countys GAA grounds with the exception of Dublin who would play at the Aviva Stadium as the county ground is too small for them.
Top teams would be Cork,Kerry,Dublin,Kilkenny,Galway and Down.

Will give all other clubs a similar reputation to each other.

Once i complete the database and test it i will upload it.

If anybody has any suggestions to add please let me know.
Thanks

The game is currently up for download here:http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=4623

Heres the Club Logo pack. All credit goes to Martinj77 for the work.
Hers a fantacy kit pack. Credit due to Martinj77 aswell

Last edited:
Good idea, I'd love to bring Tipperary to glory.

I'll DL.

you could always do away with promotion and relegation.

you could have the it set up into 4 groups of 8

each team play 7 other teams twice in the group

top 2 teas from each group qualify for te play offs(2 leg game aka quarter final)

the semi final

the final
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i set up this league ages ago with the 32 counties idea exact sam idea as your mate. iso obv i think it a great idea:D

Ok im just about to start it here now.

Iv changed from a 16 and 16 two teir and am thinking:
First Division: 20 team league.Teams play each other twice. 38 games and 2 automatic relegation spots.
Second Division:12 team league.Teams play each other 4 times.(2 home and 2 away). Top 2 teams promoted.
A league Cup with all 32 tams. 2 legs in each round and a single leg final in Croke Park.
All teams will have a professional and average facalities ( all at 12)

I dont plan on using any real players for the teams as theres many free agents in Irish football.
Suggestions welcome to improve on my idea.

@paulegend: I had thought of this idea but i think with only 14 games a season wouldnt give the league much chance to develop.

you could use the real gaa players but that might take a while to make them on

I think i will just leave players blank for the minute and if time allows and its a sucess i may make the players but it will be very time consuming.
Meath will be in the top teir. Counties will be sorted somewhat by GAA standings.
Have the framework for the leagues set up and 5 teams so far. Will create all teams by tomorrow and then go into detail by sorting them and setting their reputation and stadium. It should be up and running by next weekend. :)

I think i will just leave players blank for the minute and if time allows and its a sucess i may make the players but it will be very time consuming.
Meath will be in the top teir. Counties will be sorted somewhat by GAA standings.
Have the framework for the leagues set up and 5 teams so far. Will create all teams by tomorrow and then go into detail by sorting them and setting their reputation and stadium. It should be up and running by next weekend. :)
Thanks for the info. Cant wait!

would you be doing the reserve teams as Junior? and a U21 and minor teams?

Im just going to focus on the senior teams for now but depending on how i get on i will add a Junior team( reserves) and a minor team (u19s) and separate league and cup competitions for them. But that will take more time.
9 teams added now. Dublin is next but going to take a break until tonight.

Ill use Wikipedia as my source for the county stadiums and capacity or is there anything more reliable?
All teams will also start with a similar amount of money to keep it fair and there are good rewards for league positions and TV revenue.
Teams should be able to compete with the likes of the Portugeese,Scottish,French and Dutch leagues within a couple of seasons. When i do more later i will update the op with more details of the league and how it works.

The home team web sites would have the full panels of each team

http://www.kerrygaa.ie/index.php?op...&catid=46:team-news-senior-football&Itemid=35

thats the kerry panel that played dublin...I'd imagine other county teams have sites with the pannels

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 PM ----------

oh and make colm cooper have the same stats as messi, not being biased or anything, but come on haha

As mentioned above i dont plan on making the players straight away as it would take so much time to make 32 thirty man panels.And then the same for Junior and Minors as that would be roughly 2900 brand new players with dates of birth and stats that cannot be relied upon. Cant rely on passing,finishing,long shots,tackling or most other stats.
I will get all teams set up and the competition running smoothly. I will upload a blank database with the competition but if theres enough demand for it i may make up to 50 or 100 players from either GAA or If some forum members want to play for their County.

If people are interested in being in the database i will post up a template in the op once i have the structure set up and will add them to their desired county. :)

great idea only thing is in OP u said " Top teams would be Cork,Kerry,Dublin,Kilkenny,Galway and Belfast.", belfast is not a county

---------- Post added at 02:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 AM ----------

Belfast is in County Antrim, but parts of east and south Belfast are in County Down. Are the reps based on Gaelic football or hurling or a mix of both?

Yeah my bad mate, i only noticed that when i looked up the map. I have 24 of the teams made so far.

Rep will be calculated by a mix of both gaelic and hurling. Teams will be fairly evenly matched. Lowest rep is 4500 and highest is 7000. Most averaging out around the 5500 mark so should be lots of competition for the league places.

Will just finish off the league structure tonight and test it as this is my biggest project to date.

Yeah my bad mate, i only noticed that when i looked up the map. I have 24 of the teams made so far.

Rep will be calculated by a mix of both gaelic and hurling. Teams will be fairly evenly matched. Lowest rep is 4500 and highest is 7000. Most averaging out around the 5500 mark so should be lots of competition for the league places.

Will just finish off the league structure tonight and test it as this is my biggest project to date.

good stuff, keep it up and good luck