3D Kits Guide & Template

carbers

Reaction score
Hi all

I have made up a Guide today to go along side a template that was originally created by Fidney which I found on Sortitoutsi's website. Over the last few months I have expanded the template to incorperate more kit styles, than just that of the Arsenal that it came with.

I'm not that great at writing guides, but please find it attached as a Word Document to avoid writing such long posts. Also attached is template.rar which contains a copy of the template and a basic config file should you need help creating one for your kits.

Hope this is useful.

-edit- Updated Template (22/07/09)
Kit Makes:
Admiral, Addidas, Diadora, Errea, Erima, H20, Hummel, Jako,
Joma, Kappa, Le Coq, Legea, Nike, Prostar, Puma, Umbro.

Tweaked and added a few new styles since last update,
such as the ManUtd V-Shape, and Pinstripes (hoops & stripes)
Also cleaned up the layers and groups for ease of use.
-edit-

Below is a couple sample images
Information Screen
Sample.png

Fleetwood 3D Match
fleetwoodkit.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone had any luck making their own kits and want to share their results?

Thanks for posting this Carbers. Hopefully it will help people out. I have stickied the thread for you so that it will be easier to find.

Gonna give this a go later and will let you know the results! I'm going to make it for my team who wear Watford's kit last season so should be easy to compare how well i've done! I'll post back so you can tell me how bad it looks lol. Thanks carbs much appreciated!

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 AM ----------

What software do I need to open all the files Carbers? Still a bit unsure what I need to do and where to start oO)

The .rar file was created with WinRar. I can redo it as a zip if its easier.
The template.psd was created in adobe photoshop and the config.xml can be edited in notepad.

I'm a little bit confused. Where in the guide you made you list the "sections in the template" where do I find all of them...and how do I put them together which programme do you use to do that? Sorry i'm being a bit of a noob!

No problem mate.
See image attached. The circled area at the bottom right shows each layer thats inside the template. Each section is a group with multiple layers inside. Just expand the groups to view the layers inside so you can switch layers from "show" to "hide" or other way round. As well as right clicking on the layers to change colours and effects.

hi mate when i open the template i cant read what it says. any help would be great mate as not the best with comps.lol

Updated the first post with a zip version to replace the rar one i had attached before. plus it includes a slightly updated template.

My 1st attempt and it hasn't really worked, can someone do it for me please?!? It's for a newly created team. Thats the sort of colours i'm after for the home kit, but the away kit can be your choice. But what I would love is for my company to be the sponsor - ACR Garden Maintenance.

Thanks

Adam

okay, understandably i will sound like a ******, but how do you change the colours? im very new to photoshop. lol.

click on the part that you are changing and i think a box comes up and then you click on the colour option in that box (i think!)

My Config wont work

Can you create a config for me the id is 1394631308

ok so i tried this being my first kit i can hopefully only get better

Last edited:
Updated first post with latest version of template (18/4/09)