3D Kits - Why No Love?

Sean

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Why don't people make 3D Kits for FM? Surely this is a better showing of a kit makers technique.

I always wondered this too. Would love to see some.

I've seen a few packs over at sortitoutsi, not seen them anywhere else though.

Used to have some for FM 2009 but people just stopped bothering and instead just make the kits for the Match Screen.

Just expected more people to want to make proper graphical assets for the 3D Match Engine, guess it's not what people want.

Because they are a lot of work for something purely aesthetic. Besides, their is not enough detail in the ME yet to warrant putting time into making 3D kits. Perhaps in future versions as the ME's graphics improve they will grow in popularity.

I made some a minute ago but cannot put them into the game.

i made these which are slanted and i think oscar7 over on fmfanboy is working on them
View attachment 128918

I think by 3D it means you can see them in the match engine, but I don't know where to put them to make them work.

There is an option on Graphics Guru that is marked '3D Kit' but it is greyed out.

I made some a minute ago but cannot put them into the game.

The config.xml file should look like...

Code:
<record>
	<!-- resource manager options -->

<!-- dont preload anything in this folder -->
	<boolean id="preload" value="false"/>

<!-- turn off auto mapping -->
	<boolean id="amap" value="false"/>

<list id="maps">
		<record from="home_file_name_here" to="graphics/pictures/team/team_id_here/kit_textures/home"/>
		<record from="away_file_name_here" to="graphics/pictures/team/team_id_here/kit_textures/away"/>
		<record from="third_file_name_here" to="graphics/pictures/team/team_id_here/kit_textures/third"/>

</list>
</record>

Sample Kit Image:

View attachment 2450

saw a download link for the templates on these a while back, I like them too, shame no one makes packs on here :(

The config.xml file should look like...

Code:
<record>
	<!-- resource manager options -->

<!-- dont preload anything in this folder -->
	<boolean id="preload" value="false"/>

<!-- turn off auto mapping -->
	<boolean id="amap" value="false"/>

<list id="maps">
		<record from="home_file_name_here" to="graphics/pictures/team/team_id_here/kit_textures/home"/>
		<record from="away_file_name_here" to="graphics/pictures/team/team_id_here/kit_textures/away"/>
		<record from="third_file_name_here" to="graphics/pictures/team/team_id_here/kit_textures/third"/>

</list>
</record>

Sample Kit Image:

View attachment 128947

Cheers Sean!

Finally got it working!

I'd like to see more as well, but I don't have any idea if that requires a lot of hard work or not...

I never understood the difference between 3d kits and regular.

Does 3d actually mean they show up in game on the players?

TheMjt

what templates do you use and can you use photoshop to edit them