4-1-1-2-2 - 11.3 Patch - Title in 1st Season as Spurs with 4 Games to Go!

GK - Reina
DL - Coentrao
DC - Agger
DC - Wilson
DR - Johnson
DMC - Lucas
MC - Gerrard
AMR - Gervinho
AML - Elia
STL - Necid
STR - Suarez

SUBS
Jones
Skrtel
Poulsan
Jovanovic
Raul Meireles
Carroll
Kochesky

I'm currently in 1st place with 7 points clear. played 29 games. Quarter final in Europa Cup, Won League Cup, beated Tottenham 2-0..
Lost to Reading in FA Cup.. I'm Impressed with Suarez scoring 35 goals in 34 Appearance.. And Agger Scoring 15 goals all from corners. :D

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

This is a very good tactic, good passing, and effective, im playing with liverpool, done 1 or 2 tweaks, but havent lost any games, and Carroll is scoring for fun, an kuyt and gerrard are playing awesome aswell.

I cant get Carroll scoring.. how do you play him..

Last edited:
great tactic mikedodgson. just wondering if you could suggest any slight tweaks to help improve defence for away matches ? well done again

I've looked at the defence, but slight changes have a knock on effect elsewhere so I've completely left it as it is.

I'm 2nd with Newcastle now after 18 games - if it wasn't for my weak defence I'd be top!

I've looked at the defence, but slight changes have a knock on effect elsewhere so I've completely left it as it is.

I'm 2nd with Newcastle now after 18 games - if it wasn't for my weak defence I'd be top!

Whats your starting line up ? and whom did you sign ? ? I'm gonna start with Newcastle soon. my Liverpool game seems too easy with this tactic.

My Starting lineup is:

McGregor (from Rangers), Enrique, Coluccini, Taylor, R Taylor, Smith, Barton, Jarvis (from Wolves), Kewell (from Gala?), Donovan (form the states) and Benitez (who played for Birmingham.

Hope that helps.

ok, ill be starting with newcastle in a while. ill know what happens.

Update: FInished 6th in my first season with Newcastle... would of been higher if it wasn't for Late January till beginning of March - had 8 first team players injured and my morale went out of the window.. I had no depth and couldn't get results. Picked it up at the end though to grab a european spot!

Signed Miranda, Lescott, Hargreaves, Garcia (Ath Madrid), Triowski, Owen & Klose - so I have experience and depth to my squad... really looking forward to the season ahead!

Corners to near post. Have you tried other variants, I've found that using mixed gives just as many goals as near,far or......

I'll try mixed on this if you like.

I'm Middlesbrough in my 3rd season after 8 games, starting with your tactic since my precviuos tactics aren't working great.

First 2 games
Arsenal LC (home) 0-1 close game and very improved since they thrashed me 3-0 in the league,
Man C (home) 1-1 came from behind.

Not setting the premeirship alight but it looks better during the matches.

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

Got thrashed by Man U (away) 3-0 and the threw away a 2-0 lead against Everton (home) 2-2.

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

Now beaten by Liverpool (away) 2-1.

The only thing thats keeping me going is that we are playing well and the match prep isn't fluid yet.

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

Record so far Ply 7 W0 D2 L5 5-13 2pts

I'll give this 5 for games if I don't get the sack first.

Last edited:
In your opening post you write that the STL is advanced forward but on the tactic he is deep lying. Which one is the correct setting ?

I,m sorry but this just doesn't work for Boro or for me. The last straw was getting stuffed by Sunderland. I've been hoping that it would kick in but unfortunately it didn't

View attachment 166880

In retrospect I saw that I gave your tactic just 20 odd games but I was too impatient for results. I'll keep the tactic and try it out on a new game some time in the future. Thanks for uploading it.

Thanks for your feedback - stick with it!

Are your wingers opposite footed.. as in right winger can use his left foot, and vice versa?

I've found that the wingers having 'cuts inside' as a ppm can make a big difference too... in my opinion the wingers are very important to making this tactic work.

Anyone else still using this?

After spending time trying other peoples - I've come back to this and forgot how ridiculously good it is - still rate this as the best 11.3 plug and play tactic out there.

Anyone else still using this?

After spending time trying other peoples - I've come back to this and forgot how ridiculously good it is - still rate this as the best 11.3 plug and play tactic out there.

Just about to start a new Boro game with it.

They don't get used to tactics... I don't believe that's true!

Bad patches do happen - most of mine occur in December/January due to the amount of games... but it can be made easier with praising your players regularly, rotating where possible or potentially a new signing in the window.

Good luck!

They don't get used to tactics... I don't believe that's true!

Bad patches do happen - most of mine occur in December/January due to the amount of games... but it can be made easier with praising your players regularly, rotating where possible or potentially a new signing in the window.

Good luck!

Not getting use to tactics, I agree, but during the game the *** man comes with feedback about 'Boro struggle against deep d-line or 4-4-2'.(Proving that FM retains data about how you play). I believe that FM or AI remembers this and plays a system your team stuggles against. Of course if you manage to get a bunch of world class players together then it doesn't make that much difference. Thats what I think, but then again I could be talking a load of ****.

Update... starting to look dodgy in defence (whats new). Changing my defenders to limited defend since they aren't good enough for stopper/cover. They are also too slow so I've dropped the d-line and unticked offside.

View attachment 172515

New update

Last edited: