4-1-1-2-2 - 11.3 Patch - Title in 1st Season as Spurs with 4 Games to Go!

Think this could be due to the fact you've tweaked the tactic... so it's essentially no longer the one that I've had success with.

I'd suggest going back to the original and letting it settle.

Could I see a screenshot of your team selection?

Think this could be due to the fact you've tweaked the tactic... so it's essentially no longer the one that I've had success with.

I'd suggest going back to the original and letting it settle.

Could I see a screenshot of your team selection?

Already figured that out and changed back to your original (Derby - what a difference), mind you I pick up a lot of cards.

View attachment 173181View attachment 173182

A few questions. Do you score a lot of goals on corners ? I've tried in other tactics near post, far post, 6 yard box and mixed. I find that mixed gets more goals but not any ridiculous amount.
Free kicks ? Same question there - I always put best header there.

Are these settings you have essential to the tactic ?

Thanks for your updates - stick with it and remember to keep morale up as much as possible by having private chats with your best performers after each match.

As for set pieces - the offensive ones seem to get me between 10-15 goals a season... there is a way to get more that I have seen but I chose not to incorporate it as it just seemed to unrealistic.

As for free kicks... don't get many from here to be honest, never have!

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 AM ----------

Also, just a small note - I notice that your right winger is an out an out right winger, with 'Right Only' as his preferred foot.

It's VERY important that the wingers can use OPPOSITE foot as a preference. The wingers in this tactic are set to cut inside, which opens up masses of opportunities for the strikers. Without this you'll score less goals, which reflects badly on how the tactic is supposed to work.

How many of the 8 players bought are in your starting 11?

Must be some hope... you beat Arsenal 4-1!

How many of the 8 players bought are in your starting 11?

Must be some hope... you beat Arsenal 4-1!

6 of my new buys are in my starting 11. Mind you I drop anybody who has a morale of okay or below (available for reserves) until they improve.

View attachment 173539View attachment 173540

Picking up now but when I lose goals it's nearly always a near post corner or a drilled cross into the six yard box. At Sunderland I was leading 2-0 and lost 3-2 from 3 crosses from the left into the six yard box.

Defence is lacking, whether it's my players or the tactic I don't know. It seems to have suited your sides but the jury is still out for my Boro side. It's not that I'm expexting to win every match but who enjoys playing this game if your getting beat all the time.

Enough of my wingeing, at the mo it looks like we might survive.

Tested this on my Roma save, and it worked a treat! Started badly though, conceded in the first game after 3 mins, and I was a bit apprehensive, but I noticed greater fluency in movement and passing(compared to other tactics I've used) so I saw the positives. In the end I comprehensively won, at Fiorentina... AWAY!

So far played bout 10 or so games, and I haven't yet lost, most notable victory was at Inter, where they got spanked 4-0. I've conceded 2 goals against for bout 15+. And like you said, you don't have to do nothing -- no o.i, match prep or even touchline shouts. I don't have a Citeh-esque All-star team (yet), but with the right players, this tactic is the dog's bollocks. Good offensively,defensively. Even corners ain't bad, haven't been bangin' them in mind, but a vast improvement over other tactics I've used. I haven't touched anything, and it fit perfectly in my team. The only thing I might add that may have contributed to the run of good results could be that my previous tactic was a similar formation.

All in all, Ace tactic mate!

A good Plug n play tactic if you're looking for one! Great work dude!(H)

Thanks mate, that's just what I wanted to hear... thanks for taking the time to reply!

you said that the left stiker was an advanced forward but when i open he is a deep lying forward

When you say a reasonable amount of pace for your strikers what would be the lowest you'd say?