4-1-2-3 Unbeatable Engine Exploiter by Hazza22299

@ Hazza so confuse so which one is correct? Medmax or MetalHeroChris

The good settings for the ST left AND right are : * through ball OFTEN (change it yourself for the STL)

You've got to mark the DG (with your STR) and the DR (with your STL). I've also noticed that sometimes, the marking of one ST goes back to zonal. So go on your individual settings when you're on the tactic page DURING the match, mark the opposition DG and DR (their names and not zonal or man), then show on weaker foot their MR and ML (or AMR and AML) and just save it. This tactic will be added in the tactic folder.

This is just a way to avoid making these changes every time before the kick off.

Hope I've been clear :)

What I did was follow what Hazza said by making the instructions the same for both the forwards.
Follow Striker (Left) and copy those instructions for Striker (Right).
Both should be the same.

So it should read like this...(after the alterations you make)

Striker (Left) Through Balls (Sometimes), Marking (Zonal) and all other settings left alone
Striker (Right) Through Balls (Sometimes), Marking (Zonal) and all other settings left alone.

Remember to set your STC as the target man and your 2 MC's as playmakers and you'll be ready to go. Thats all I have done and it's working a treat.

Hope that helps.

Through ball OFTEN for the 2 STR and STL AND the 2 midfielders, as you want your STC to be feeded as much as possible with its crags' "goals goals goals" settings (especially if he's fast).

NAMELY mark the DR and DL and don't stay on zonal (which will mean they mark the DCR and DCL). Of course, that's not what you want. The point of this is to track the opposition DR and DL with your STR and STL, so they operate as wingers. By doing this, you don't leave YOUR own DR and DL alone against the opposition MR and ML (or AMR and AML) PLUS their DL and DR.

The goal here is to be in a very attacking position with the 4123 when you've the ball (and use the exploit of 3 ST as the 2 opposite DC will mark the STL and STR). Your STR and STL are asked to play widely (opposite to cut inside) and being marked leave your STC free of marking (another reason for the through balls and crosses).

On the other hand, by tracking their DR and DL your 4123 will become a 4141 in a defending position when you lose the ball and be very solid as the STL and STR become AML and AMR (even ML and MR according to the situation).

That's the main reason why the STC scores so much compare to the STL and STR. They play FOR HIM because compare to the STC: - they defend, they play wide, they open space for him, they cross... so they play as wingers and not strikers.
Of course, they do score sometimes too, and the crossing to the 2nd post is another way for them to score. At the end of the season, they have to be judged on their "decisive/important passes" (don't know how to translate that, I mean the pass before the goal).

I hope you understand what I mean. Anyway, I leave Hazza confirming or explaining you in a better way that I did.

This tactic is insane!!!

Im so confused :S

Can someone just direct me to the link with the correct tactic and most updated tactic :s

if there isn't can Hazza upload the correct version or take screenshots of both his str and stl so we can change it ourselves :S

Last edited:
Through ball OFTEN for the 2 STR and STL AND the 2 midfielders, as you want your STC to be feeded as much as possible with its crags' "goals goals goals" settings (especially if he's fast).

NAMELY mark the DR and DL and don't stay on zonal (which will mean they mark the DCR and DCL). Of course, that's not what you want. The point of this is to track the opposition DR and DL with your STR and STL, so they operate as wingers. By doing this, you don't leave YOUR own DR and DL alone against the opposition MR and ML (or AMR and AML) PLUS their DL and DR.

The goal here is to be in a very attacking position with the 4123 when you've the ball (and use the exploit of 3 ST as the 2 opposite DC will mark the STL and STR). Your STR and STL are asked to play widely (opposite to cut inside) and being marked leave your STC free of marking (another reason for the through balls and crosses).

On the other hand, by tracking their DR and DL your 4123 will become a 4141 in a defending position when you lose the ball and be very solid as the STL and STR become AML and AMR (even ML and MR according to the situation).

That's the main reason why the STC scores so much compare to the STL and STR. They play FOR HIM because compare to the STC: - they defend, they play wide, they open space for him, they cross... so they play as wingers and not strikers.
Of course, they do score sometimes too, and the crossing to the 2nd post is another way for them to score. At the end of the season, they have to be judged on their "decisive/important passes" (don't know how to translate that, I mean the pass before the goal).

I hope you understand what I mean. Anyway, I leave Hazza confirming or explaining you in a better way that I did.

This tactic is insane!!!

maybe u can upload your tactic bro? so we can try.

@ Hazza i am confuse which your tactic now. same as jimmy.

Striker (Left) Through Balls (Sometimes), Marking (Zonal) and all other settings left alone
Striker (Right) Through Balls (Sometimes), Marking (Zonal) and all other settings left alone.

It should be on the latest version. I will change it if it isn't.

Make some tweaks on wide striker

Through Balls - From 'Sometimes' To 'Often' (as stated by Medmax)
Marking - From 'Zonal' To 'Man'

See the results below......
it seems that i won with bigger margin & less concede.... you can try & see the result yourself

View attachment 263544

There has been a lot of confusion with the wide striker player instructions. I have reviewed and edited them. The changes are in version 2. Please re-download.

Sorry for the lack of clarity. Hope this helps guys, the marking has been changed to man and through balls to often.

On a side note, are there any teams you want me to test for you?

Last edited:

It should be on the latest version. I will change it if it isn't.

Sorry for the lack of clarity. Hope this helps guys, the marking has been changed to man and through balls to often.

On a side note, are there any teams you want me to test for you?

Mate, is it supposed to be zonal or is it man?
If it is man, i thought the point of the exploit was that the outer strikers track back to mark the dr and dl.

Anyway, is the link on the OP the latest and correct version?

Hey Hazza,

I'm sorry I kind of disturbed your thread. I wanted to help someone who was confused, but as you can guess I didn't expect to add more confusion... In addition, I thought my english was better, but not really apparently as people didn't understand me :'(.

Can someone lead me to the thread where it explains how to take screenshot? And even how to upload a tactic? Then, I'll show you (and explain for you to understand) the tweaks which have been done to make it more solid in defense.

Thanks guys

Mate, is it supposed to be zonal or is it man?
If it is man, i thought the point of the exploit was that the outer strikers track back to mark the dr and dl.

Anyway, is the link on the OP the latest and correct version?

Link 2, and the second one yes and I decided to go for man as they mark them more tightly, and it gave better results.

Hey Hazza,

I'm sorry I kind of disturbed your thread. I wanted to help someone who was confused, but as you can guess I didn't expect to add more confusion... In addition, I thought my english was better, but not really apparently as people didn't understand me :'(.

Can someone lead me to the thread where it explains how to take screenshot? And even how to upload a tactic? Then, I'll show you (and explain for you to understand) the tweaks which have been done to make it more solid in defense.

Thanks guys

You're english is perfect I couldn't tell.
Screenshot guide: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-discussion/88278-how-take-screenshot-guide.html

This tactic is good but concedes a lot of goals, I got promoted from the championship through the play offs conceding 70 goals throughout the season. I scored over a 100 though

This tactic is good but concedes a lot of goals, I got promoted from the championship through the play offs conceding 70 goals throughout the season. I scored over a 100 though

Try the latest update, version 2 has been modified slightly.

I'm sorry again Hazza, but it's not what I explained earlier in my different posts. I've absolutely nothing to teach you as I just wanted to try this "all exploits tactic" and it worked like a charm.

When you set a tactic, as you know there's 2 ways to mark the opposition:
- MAN : you mark the man being next to you and track him until he passes/loses the ball
- ZONAL : you mark the player getting in your zone and stop tracking him when he leaves it

Let's see what happen in this particular tactic with the 3 upfront:
- if MAN mark, the STL and STR will mark the opposite DCL and DCR : THIS IS NOT WHAT YOU WANT
- if ZONAL marking, the STL and STR will stay in the DCL and DCR zone, and will leave YOUR OWN DR alone in a 1vs2 against the opposition MR/AMR and DR : THIS IS NOT WHAT YOU WANT EITHER

This tactic has a 4123 shape and is a bit weak defensively against teams exploiting your flanks (only your DR or DL to protect the attacks from the sides). So what you want to do is a shape which can progressively change to a 4141 when you lose the ball. It was one point of the grid system.

View attachment 263647View attachment 263648View attachment 263649View attachment 263646

To make it happen, you have to make your STL marking the opposition DR, and your STR marking the opposition DL.
The thing is : how to MAN mark someone who is NOT in your zone?

For this, you have to SPECIFICALY select the opposite player you want to be marked. This is actually possible to do it DURING a match, or normaly before the kick off. I'll show you an example.

View attachment 263650

Actually, I'm PSG and play against Sochaux: what I want is my striker right MENEZ to mark the opposition defender left MIKARI, and my striker left LAVEZZI marking the opposition defender right SAUGET. By doing this, I don't leave my own right defender BISEVAC against CAMARA (AML) AND MIKARI (DL), as MENEZ comes and help him to break their attacks. The same on the other side for LAVEZZI with MAXWELL against SAUGET and BOUDEBOUZ.

If MENEZ is on ZONAL or either MAN marking, he'll AUTOMATICALLY mark their DCL (El Karkouri) and LAVEZZI will mark their DCR (Yaya Banana). So to do it, you set this marking SPECIFICALY before the team talk (before the match)

View attachment 263654View attachment 263651View attachment 263652View attachment 263653

Now, your players mark the opposite players you asked them to.
In addition, you can add some OPPOSITION INSTRUCTION too. In this case, we'll show onto weaker foot their AML and AMR

View attachment 263655

The job is done my friend. The thing is you don't want to be annoyed and follow these steps EVERY TIME you start a game. So what you do is going back in your tactic management page straight after youv'e done the changes and save the same tactic with the "new settings" (just changed the marking and the OI).

View attachment 263662View attachment 263663View attachment 263664View attachment 263661

The only thing is the OI (only them) will always be memorized when I'll play against 4231 tactic. Let's say I play against a 442 tactic, the marking change will stay, but the OI won't be applied (as the opposite team plays in an another tactic shape that the one I used to memorize them). So, I just have to go in the opposition instructions section before the team talk, and show both ML and MR onto their weaker foot. That's all.

NOTE : if you play against a team with a back 3 ( 3 DC WITHOUT DR and DL), then you put your STR and STL on ZONAL loose marking (not tight), as you don't want them to stick with the central defenders.
If it's a back 4, or 5, leave it as it is.

The main point of this tweak is MENEZ marking MIKARI when PSG loses the ball, and help BISEVAC in his defending duties. On the other hand, MENEZ is marked by El KARKOURI (DCL) when PSG gets the ball back. So in his attacking duties, MENEZ plays wide (cross and through ball OFTEN according to his natural foot and position on the field) and bring this DCL with him, leaving IBRAHIMOVICH and LAVEZZI 2 vs 1 against YAYA BANANA (DCR).

Guys, you understand the exploit now and hopefully you'll stop asking HAZZA if it's possible to put the STR and STL in the AMR and AML spot, as it won't exploit the ME anymore (so it becomes a completely different tactic) :p

I don't think I need to upload my tactic as I hope everybody is able to follow the steps explained. I just started a new save as I'm from Paris and a PSG supporter since I'm a kid (used to go to the stadium even when we were 18th in Ligue 1 and playing to avoid the relegation...). What else should I do when our squad welcomes Thiago Silva, Ibrahimovic, Lavezzi, Verratti??? No need to tell you how happy I am since I have new friends from QATAR :wub:

View attachment 263666

The tactic is NOT fluid and takes more time to get it (as PSG until the 2011 start used to play 442), original squad (no transfer budget at the start), the full squad is new players who don't know each other, they don't speak french, I'm a "local reputation" manager... and look at the results? (In addition, the only loss in a preseason game was with a bunch of my U19 squad, as my 1st team players was tired and felt confident... a bit too much apparently :)).

Definitely, this tactic is HIGHLY exploitive.

Hopefully, I solved the confusion my threads started earlier :)

Last edited:
Oups, Just realized I could have loaded the game in English before taking the screenshots. Anyway, it shouldn't be too difficult to follow the steps as it's basically the same as in English.

When you set a tactic, as you know there's 2 ways to mark the opposition:
- MAN : you mark the man being next to you and track him until he passes/loses the ball
- ZONAL : you mark the player getting in your zone and stop tracking him when he leaves it

Let's see what happen in this particular tactic with the 3 upfront:
- if MAN mark, the STL and STR will mark the opposite DCL and DCR : THIS IS NOT WHAT YOU WANT
- if ZONAL marking, the STL and STR will stay in the DCL and DCR zone, and will leave YOUR OWN DR alone in a 1vs2 against the opposition MR/AMR and DR : THIS IS NOT WHAT YOU WANT EITHER

To make it happen, you have to make your STL marking the opposition DR, and your STR marking the opposition DL.
The thing is : how to MAN mark someone who is NOT in your zone?

For this, you have to SPECIFICALY select the opposite player you want to be marked. This is actually possible to do it DURING a match, or normaly before the kick off. I'll show you an example.

WOW! That is possibly the best feedback anyone has ever given! My intention was for the wide strikers to mark the full backs and I didn't actually realise they weren't dong this. I will add this so that it automatically does this before each game.

P.S: I have been setting the OI's for more formations so that any future downloaders won't have to bother with setting them.

Last edited: