4-1-2-3 Unbeatable Engine Exploiter by Hazza22299

I played a flat 442 and 4312 formation and it aint set on any of them, infact, checking it well before a match I can see that both outside strikers are set to 'man' mark, and not blank(normally meaning it is set up to auto mark opp fullbacks)

That's interesting, I don't have this problem. I am constantly setting it to each formation I come across and then updating the link. I have added a section on the OP on how to set it.

This whole auto set up for marking oppositions full backs is a bit tricky! I mean if you take the Grid tactic for example, if you go to your teams player instructions, you will see that both outside strikers have a blank part next to there marking(meaning they are set to man mark the oppositions full backs) but if you just click between the central striker and the outside strikers it then changes there marking to whatever the central strikers marking is set to, also if you try and tweak a tactic with the auto fullback man mark settings, it changes it again!

You cannot win unless you set it MANUALLY yourself before every game, which is really ******* annoying!

Last edited:
i know your all on about how to set this tactic up but i am just gonna say how i am doing i am in my 3rd season with huddersfield i have won consecutive promotion to the prem with a different tactic but i wanted some serious fire power in my tactic for the prem to hopefully get straight into europe.Now i didnt have much money to spend so i thought i would strengthen my attack so i bought leandro and a guy called julien scheiber who is an absolute beast as the central striker.Also the second updated version works best for me cos if i set it to mark the fullbacks before hand i just fail to score where as if i leave it as hazza had it when he first released the 2nd version it works great albeit i let a lot in but i also score a lot.i am currently 6th at start of january transfer window

Last edited:
i know your all on about how to set this tactic up but i am just gonna say how i am doing i am in my 3rd season with huddersfield i have won consecutive promotion to the prem with a different tactic but i wanted some serious fire power in my tactic for the prem to hopefully get straight into europe.Now i didnt have much money to spend so i thought i would strengthen my attack so i bought leandro and a guy called julien scheiber who is an absolute beast as the central striker.Also the second updated version works best for me cos if i set it to mark the fullbacks before hand i just fail to score where as if i leave it as hazza had it when he first released the 2nd version it works great albeit i let a lot in but i also score a lot.i am currently 6th at start of january transfer window

As soon as you tweak ANY setting at all, it then automatically changes the outer strikers marking to either man or zonal(which is annoying as ****)

that explains it then ,now i arnt a master tactician and only play the game now and again hence why i just choose to download the good peoples tactics from this forum and this has been the best so far but as soon as you tweak it like spikester says it just seems to break the tactic

that explains it then so far this is one of the best tactics i have used especially as i am an underdog in huddersfield but as spikester says any change seems to just break the tactic for me any way

I don't think alot of people realise this, but unfortunatly it's true, and with me being a very very lazy plugNplay style player, I absolutely hate having to set things up every game. Hopefully FM13 will be better than FM12 tactically.

I only played with PSG, so I don't really know how the tactic would perform for mid-table team, or in lower division.

At half-season, these are my results so far:

View attachment 263851View attachment 263849View attachment 263850View attachment 263848View attachment 263858

**** it Saint-Etienne, I could have won every single matchs !!!

Total: Played 27 games, 26 Victories, 1 Draw. 106 goals for, 14 goals conceeded, 17 Clean sheet

It's an outstanding average of 4 goals per game (3.93 goals for/match), and 1 conceeded every 2 games (0.52 goals against/match) in EVERY COMPETITION.

Let's see some different games stats:

View attachment 263882View attachment 263883View attachment 263884View attachment 263885View attachment 263886View attachment 263887

I chose on purpose these games as they are the most relevant. They have around the same reputation as PSG (don't confuse the actual one IRL, and the one in the game at the start 2011/2012 season IN GAME), they have quality squad and are known to be our rivals in Ligue 1.
We can see that possession are often even, but we're definitely more dangerous when we have the ball (number of goals, shots (on target), woodwork (on the post), clear cut chances...)

And my favorite one View attachment 263889
Not the most impressive stats but I hate this team :), and I generally have difficulties against them the 1st season at their home ground and have to adapt in game. This one as totally been plug and play !!!

Let's look at the players:

View attachment 263862View attachment 263860View attachment 263861View attachment 263857View attachment 263859

The Strikers settings are Cragswfc's one, which should suit more a pacey type of striker. Zlatan is definitely not one of them. I intended to adapt the settings to his caracteristics but still look at the result, I didn't need to.

IBRAHIMOVIC: Played 22 - Goals 47 - 16 times Man of the Match - general ratings 8.82 (these stats are crazy !!!)

THIAGO SILVA: Played 20 - general rating 7.54 (good rate for an attacking team, and isn't set for the corner exploit)

I wanted to highlight 2 Thiago Silva crazy stats:
- NO CARDS (red and even yellow) AT ALL in 20 games played !!!!!!!!!
- And only 10 fouls made, so 1 fouls made every 2 games !!!!!!
I know he is a god player, but his settings are important in the tactic.

Remember that all the players don't know each other, don't speak french, the tactic just started to be really fluid in december...

So who could be on his way to the 2011 FIFA Ballon d'or??? View attachment 263864
As he stated in real life at the PSG press conference, definitely the "dream team" (with a swedish accent)

For those who ask me to upload the tactic, it's exactly the one you can download on the Opening Post (V2). Anyway, it's not something which would have been nice to do on Hazza's thread.

The MINOR change I made are in the aim of suiting my team:

- the marking tweak, which is apparently included now on the original version of Hazza (if it goes back on zonal during your save, just go to the post 617 of this thread and follow the instructions)

- I allowed the 2 MC to swap position (good if they are marked), and one is Left footed (MOTTA), the other one is right footed (PASTORE), so their decision around the surface area would be different according to if they arrive from the left MC spot or the right MC spot (according to the angle: through ball, short pass, shot...)

- I gave a little bit more creative freedom to Pastore (more playmaker/treq type of player), even if the 2 MC swap position (thiago motta is still ok in decision/creativity/flair...)

- I changed the corner/free kick settings to suit MY team (DC with strength/agressivity to challenge the keeper, good long shot/composure/finishing rate player around the surface area, ST with good agility to stick to the 2nd post in case the ball is pushed this way by the keeper, etc...)

- I allow the 2 wide ST to swap position when they are both right footed (gameiro, menez, lavezzi) but leave the left footed on the left (Nene) and the right footed on the right (menez) as don't forget THEY ACT AS WINGERS (play wide and cross) (check the player's teamwork too when you decide)

You can see that there's nothing much and the tactic is quite similar to the one you can download here.

ALL CREDITS GOES TO HAZZA who collected some ME exploits experienced by different users, and has been able to combine them and make it work efficiently in a brilliant tactic (at least for me :)).

This is completely a plug and play tactic where you just have to make sure you've the right players to fit every position. I score 4 goals/game in average and conceed ONLY 1 goal every 2 games (0.5/match), and resulted in 17 clean sheet on 27 games, this is insane. Definitely an attacking tactic, and very cautiously solid too.

Thanks to you Hazza to listen the different feedbacks and try to apply them in your tactic base, and all those who contributed to break the ME:
- Tactikzzz for the Grid System
- W4NKER who got the idea to list the ME exploit
- Thebetterhalf for all the combination on the narrow formation approach
- Cragswfc for the striker settings (goals, goals...)
And all those who contributed to understand the approach in the forum (OoScotsmannoO, Shiraz, Kris...), and of course Raikan for ALL his threads (read them guys, and you'll see you'll learn A LOT to enjoy making your own tactic.

Now, I'm going to see if I experience this "February syndrome", the 2nd part of the season where the AI get used of your tactic. I normally always switch tactics but I didn't really need to in this save, so I'll let you know ;).

Last edited:
This whole auto set up for marking oppositions full backs is a bit tricky! I mean if you take the Grid tactic for example, if you go to your teams player instructions, you will see that both outside strikers have a blank part next to there marking(meaning they are set to man mark the oppositions full backs) but if you just click between the central striker and the outside strikers it then changes there marking to whatever the central strikers marking is set to, also if you try and tweak a tactic with the auto fullback man mark settings, it changes it again!

You cannot win unless you set it MANUALLY yourself before every game, which is really ******* annoying!

I've got to say guys I agree with Spikester.

As you know, there's 2 ways to mark a player: ZONAL or MAN. DURING a game, you can decide PERSONALLY who you want to mark, which means IT'S AN EXCEPTION, just an instruction you give for this PARTICULAR game. Let's say if you play against Tottenham with Walker as the right back, you'll ask to your Left Striker to mark him. But the next game you play against Arsenal, Kyle Walker is NOT there anymore, and you'd like him to mark Sagna.

What we've done here is a TRICK to avoid making those change every time. Remember, it's a TRICK (which tricks the FM12 game too). So when you go on your tactic management page and click on the STL and STR and check if the marking is on, you'll see it's blank (which means it's neither ZONAL or MAN) . But if you do it, it kinds of reminds to the FM12 game that there's nothing there, and the ONLY 2 options OUT OF GAMES are ZONAL, or MAN. So what happens here is it puts back the team marking settings (zonal in this case) on the individual instruction.

What to do?
Go on the post 617 of this thread and follow the steps explained. When this is done, save the tactic IN GAME (I mean before kick off against any team). When the match is over, go back you management and BRING BACK the tactic you've saved for the last game (as it's said it has been saved EXTERNALLY)

View attachment 263896 View attachment 263895

The tactic's name you saved DURING the game (against... who cares) is the same one you're using actually, except the specific marking are set. When you do what I show you in the last 2 screen, listen carefully 8-|:

DON'T CHECK IF THE MARKING IS ON, it is !!! but what you don't want is to remind the FM12 game that there's nothing in the STR and STL individual marking instruction OUT OF A SPECIFIC GAME (it's kind of a glitch/bug, don't know how you can call it).

The only thing you can do is to manage your squad, so prepare your team, choose the players fit for the following match...
NEVER OPEN THE STR and STL INDIVIDUAL INSTRUCTION when you're not in the kick off screen (again, I mean before the team talk).

If you follow this, the marking will ALWAYS specifically mark the full backs right AND left. The only moment you can check if the marking is on, is always before your team talk (and it will always be there).

If one day you need to go on the individual instructions of the 2 wide strikers, then that's fine. You'll just have to follow the process in the post 617 and everything will be back on again.

I hope you understand guys. I try to be as clear and as precise as my english allows me to be. Please, don't harassle me of questions if you don't even try what is explained you in these posts. Try it first, and then I'll be keen to help those who didn't succeed it ;).

Thanks guys

Last edited:
@MedMax

I understand completely, all i'm saying is that it is very annoying that something simple can remove this setting, really without you knowing.

It's an easy enough thing to fix, but as I said earlier, i'm a lazy plugNplay type of player, so checking/fixing this at any given time would eventually become very annoying for me, which therefor makes these exploit tactics with 3 strikers not too appealing to me.

The only thing I can think of that would fix the problem is to move the STCR and STCL out to STR and STL and then set them to 'man' marking, but I think that would them stop the 3 striker glitch.

The only thing I can think of that would fix the problem is to move the STCR and STCL out to STR and STL and then set them to 'man' marking, but I think that would them stop the 3 striker glitch.

You're right my friend, moving them won't exploit the ME anymore.

The exploit isn't hard to understand. You put 3 players (Strikers) in a zone of 2 players (DC).

WE ARE IN POSSESSION OF THE BALL
The opposition 2 DC could be either in MAN or ZONAL marking, they'll be only be able to mark 2 players, which leaves 1 of our ST free of marking. The ME isn't smart enough (until FM13?) to make one Full back going into that zone and help his DC. The STR or STL moves wide from his position, bringing with him the DC who marks him. The central ST has the Cragswfc settings and is really attacking minded. In addition, he is the Target Man and gets the ball into space... Sometimes, selecting a TM can be inappropriate as the other players try to get to him too quickly, and can rush some attacks. In this case, the wide ST movement (let's say the STL who is marked by the DCR) offers him (STC) much more space and in a better position to get the ball (as he's unmarked, and if the other remaining DC closes him down, he still has the option to pass the ball to the other wide ST (STR) who wasn't involved in this movement.
What happens here? Much more 1vs1 between your ST and the opposite GK, which means more chances to score (according to your ST composure/finishing/first touch/decision/PPM as well, lol)
Is this not what you're looking for??? BINGO !!! ;)

WE ARE NOT IN POSSESSION OF THE BALL
We have 3 players (ST) in a zone of 2 players (DC).
- we ask them to MAN mark: your STR will mark the the opposite DCL, your STL will mark the DCR, the STC will mark none of them (or at least a DC who is already marked by another of your wide ST)
- we ask our ST to mark ZONAL: they will AUTOMATICALLY and AGAIN mark the DCR and DCL

The question is, when we DON'T have the ball, are those DC the most dangerous on the pitch? the most attacking minded players? the most talented one? What about our ST, do they have a good marking rate? the strength to challenge them?
OF COURSE NOT.

Look at it in another angle. Do you believe the opposite GK would give the ball to one of his marked DC? He'll just have to distribute the ball to one of his full backs, and 3 of our players (ST) won't do anything to stop them to attack and get the ball back (as they stick with their DC, either in MAN or ZONAL marking).
I know this one is a bit confusing but THE 2 FB ARE NOT in our 2 wide ST zone, so they'll NEVER mark them (except if you ask them SPECIFICALLY)
In addition, if their FB are a bit attacking minded, they will outnumber our midfielders and have plenty of TIME and SPACE to build their attack. If the opposite Right full back run with the ball our MC Left will pressure him, leaving another gap in our midfield, (this free space could be deadly for us if they play with 3 mdifielders).
During this time, our 3 ST are nicely and quietly camping up there, waiting for their team mates to get the ball back and send it back to them (of course, if the opposite team didn't score, got a free kick, penalty kick, corner...).

Marking their FB as explained in all the previous posts, will help us to to be more solid at the back, involve all players in the defending duties, and get the ball back much more faster (or at least reduce their opportunities to build their attack). They'll sit more in their side, wich is actually better for us.

SPIKESTER : "The only thing I can think of that would fix the problem is to move the STCR and STCL out to STR and STL and then set them to 'man' marking, but I think that would them stop the 3 striker glitch."

So yes, doing that will solve the defending position, but would completely destroy our attacking movement. In addition, the STR and STL individual settings aren't appropriate for them to play in this spot. It will be better to have inside forwards who cut inside to help the (now) lonely ST. The Cragswfc ST settings are relevant if there's players around him (another ST, AM, TREQ, AP...).

Don't forget, we ask our 2 wide ST to play as WINGERS, so why do we put them in the ST spot then?
For the only reason to drag one of the opposite DC OUT OF POSITION and give more space to the remaining ST !!!

Last edited:
You're right my friend, moving them won't exploit the ME anymore.

The exploit isn't hard to understand. You put 3 players (Strikers) in a zone of 2 players (DC).

WE ARE IN POSSESSION OF THE BALL
The opposition 2 DC could be either in MAN or ZONAL marking, they'll be only be able to mark 2 players, which leaves 1 of our ST free of marking. The ME isn't smart enough (until FM13?) to make one Full back going into that zone and help his DC. The STR or STL moves wide from his position, bringing with him the DC who marks him. The central ST has the Cragswfc settings and is really attacking minded. In addition, he is the Target Man and gets the ball into space... Sometimes, selecting a TM can be inappropriate as the other players try to get to him too quickly, and can rush some attacks. In this case, the wide ST movement (let's say the STL who is marked by the DCR) offers him (STC) much more space and in a better position to get the ball (as he's unmarked, and if the other remaining DC closes him down, he still has the option to pass the ball to the other wide ST (STR) who wasn't involved in this movement.
What happens here? Much more 1vs1 between your ST and the opposite GK, which means more chances to score (according to your ST composure/finishing/first touch/decision/PPM as well, lol)
Is this not what you're looking for??? BINGO !!! ;)

WE ARE NOT IN POSSESSION OF THE BALL
We have 3 players (ST) in a zone of 2 players (DC).
- we ask them to MAN mark: your STR will mark the the opposite DCL, your STL will mark the DCR, the STC will mark none of them (or at least a DC who is already marked by another of your wide ST)
- we ask our ST to mark ZONAL: they will AUTOMATICALLY and AGAIN mark the DCR and DCL

The question is, when we DON'T have the ball, are those DC the most dangerous on the pitch? the most attacking minded players? the most talented one? What about our ST, do they have a good marking rate? the strength to challenge them?
OF COURSE NOT.

Look at it in another angle. Do you believe the opposite GK would give the ball to one of his marked DC? He'll just have to distribute the ball to one of his full backs, and 3 of our players (ST) won't do anything to stop them to attack and get the ball back (as they stick with their DC, either in MAN or ZONAL marking).
I know this one is a bit confusing but THE 2 FB ARE NOT in our 2 wide ST zone, so they'll NEVER mark them (except if you ask them SPECIFICALLY)
In addition, if their FB are a bit attacking minded, they have plenty of TIME and SPACE to build their attack. If the opposite Right full back run with the ball our MC Left will pressure him, leaving another gap in our midfield, (this free space could be deadly for us if they play with 3 mdifielders).
During this time, our 3 ST are nicely and quietly camping up there, waiting for their team mates to get the ball back and send it back to them (of course, if the opposite team didn't score, got a free kick, penalty kick, corner...).

Marking their FB as explained in all the previous posts, will help us to get the ball back much more faster, or at least reduce their opportunities to build their attack. They'll sit more in their side, wich is actually better for us.

SPIKESTER : "The only thing I can think of that would fix the problem is to move the STCR and STCL out to STR and STL and then set them to 'man' marking, but I think that would them stop the 3 striker glitch."

So yes, doing that will solve the defending position, but would completely destroy our attacking movement. In addition, the STR and STL individual settings aren't appropriate for them to play in this spot. It will be better to have inside forwards who cut inside to help the (now) lonely ST. The Cragswfc ST settings are relevant if there's players around him (another ST, AM, TREQ, AP...).

Don't forget, we ask our 2 wide ST to play as WINGERS, so why do we put them in the ST spot then?
For the only reason to drag one of the opposite DC OUT OF POSITION and give more space to the remaining ST !!!

Honestly, I understand it mate, don't worry about spelling it out 'longwinded style' ;)

It's just unfortunate that it is so easy for the automatic opposition marking to remove itself.

@MedMax

I understand completely, all i'm saying is that it is very annoying that something simple can remove this setting, really without you knowing.

It's an easy enough thing to fix, but as I said earlier, i'm a lazy plugNplay type of player, so checking/fixing this at any given time would eventually become very annoying for me, which therefor makes these exploit tactics with 3 strikers not too appealing to me.

No, no mate, IT IS totally an easy plug and play tactic. I didn't check the new tactic uploaded by Hazza, but what I suggest you is to redownload it. Don't check the STR and STL individual settings, just drag the players in this positions, and start a friendly match (or whatever you're in your save). And then, look at their marking between the match presentation and your team talk. You'll see then if it's on.

As you know it's a plug and play tactic and already well balanced, you don't need to look at these 2 wide ST individual settings (out of day match I mean).
You'll see, it doesn't need any effort at all, just manage well your players and their training, and enjoy the fireworks then ;)

I know, I'd prefer to play FM right now instead of writing these "books", lol.
I just tried to explain the exploit, like that everybody can understand it and won't ask anymore about the 3 ST spot.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Just recap!
Compare Hazza and Medmax (Using the 1st page V2 tactic! which upload by HAZZA recently)

Same setting for both(Hazza and Medmax) are:

1. Marking STL mark opp DR and STR mark opp DL
2. Wide striker thru ball offen
3. 2 MC drag into playmaker
4. Centre striker drag in target man
Am i correct??????????????????????????

For Medmax got additional setting then Hazza as in:
1. 2 MC swap position
2. wide striker swap postion

Still got other? for medmax you also put 2 MC drag to playmaker??? It is hard if you do not upload tactic or open your thread and people like me do not understand english well. I did not study english during my school day and not a english oriented. I do speak chinese or bahasa

Last edited:
Is putting 2mc playmakers and 1 target man mandatory because for some reason I can't set the target man and playmaker in classic tactics. When I try to set it the player doesn't show in the box

As Medmax said, don't look at player instructions until RIGHT BEFORE or DURING the game. That is where/when you can set the specific marking if it isn't already on.