4-1-2-3 Unbeatable Engine Exploiter by Hazza22299

try the gird press with city i won everything first year with it

I have them dominating with Anders version of this and JP Wengers 442.. awesome. Finished on 95 poiints (played the kids for the last games after title secured) and scored 128. :p

Oh Shut up, he was only helping, you know the entire idea of the forum.. ***.

I don't know if you read the rest of the replies but when people mention the grid tactic, about 3 pages worth of comments erupt over it. I'm just trying to prevent it happening again.

I don't know if you read the rest of the replies but when people mention the grid tactic, about 3 pages worth of comments erupt over it. I'm just trying to prevent it happening again.

So? Its a discussion thread? more pages just makes ur tactic look the best as its the most active... It just look like you'd told him to stop talking about other tactics in your tactic thread, word it better.

So? Its a discussion thread? more pages just makes ur tactic look the best as its the most active... It just look like you'd told him to stop talking about other tactics in your tactic thread, word it better.

I apologise if it looked like that.

View attachment 264774

Heres the stats for the Central Striker position, with Neymar on the Left and Tevez on the right... awesome just awesome.. ^_^

Brilliant! You could play any of those 3 in the central position, what season are you in?

2. lol. well its the brazilian league it kinda never stops.. got Tevez on loan from City. (I'm them as well :p).

1. Correct
2. Set MIDDLE STRIKER as TM
3. Set MC's as PM in order of best first and worst last.
4. Nothing Else.

Agree with HAZZA for the 1st and 2nd point.

If you want it to be just a plug and play tactic, so that's fine and leave it that way, but if you want to make a "tiny" improvement then:

3. Understand a playmaker is the player that other teammates would look after on the field. He's the boss, the one who dictates the game's tempo, decides when to keep the ball or play quick, to give the ball or to keep it, to play on the right or on the left, to give a short pass to his next player or a STC through ball... It means he ABSORBS/ATTRACTS the ball and will touch it more than others on the pitch. He'll be the one who'll bring a lot of key passes and assissts. He is the smartest one, but to be smart isn't enough. He HAS to have the qualities/possibilities to apply on the field what he has in mind.

So the thing is do you have this player in your squad?
Attributes you look for a playmaker: CREATIVITY, PASSING, DECISION, TECHNIQUE, ANTICIPATION, FIRST TOUCH, DRIBBLING, FLAIR...
Player Prefered Moves (PPM) you look for: dictates tempo, tries killer ball, plays one-two...
- if you want him to ba an ADVANCED PM, so you'll add to run with the ball through center...
- if you want him to be a DEEP LYING, you'll ask him to come deep to get the ball and tries long range passes...

Now that you've these elements, you should be able to see if you've the right player to be your "maestro". If you don't have him, then UNSELECT PM (keep TM though) because the way you team would play wouldn't be "fluent". Your (bad) PM would NOT make the right decisions when he'll get the ball. He'll lose the ball often. It means less possession, so less chances to be in a good position to score.

If you've a player like that, and ONLY ONE, then drag him to the PM settings, and ONLY HIM. If you've 2 like that, then drag them both and as HAZZA's stated: the best one IN FIRST, the 2nd one in 2nd position then. If you've a very good quality squad and 3 or 4 PM, then drag them the same way as explained.

4. May I add another point?
Hazza has set the corner/ free kick routine in a general way. He absolutely can't set it PERFECTLY because every team is different. Of course, some may be obvious (2 DC marking the tallest opponents) but do we all have players with the same specificities? So to adapt it to fit YOUR player would definitely make a difference in long term!!!

For example, DEFENDING CORNER:
Your right full back has attributes of 16 in marking, 15 in heading, and 14 in jumping, but is set to stay at the 1st post.
On the other hand, your MC left has in these respective attributes 8, 10, 12 and is set to mark an opponent.

I don't need to tell you if the initial settings are appropriate. Of course you're going to swap them and make your right FB marking an individual, and your left MC stay at one post :). Apply this for the rest of your team

Attacking corner: your best DC with strength/aggression will challenge the keeper while your best Long shot/composure player would stay around the penalty box...
Attacking free kick: the same DC would challenge the keeper again, while the same player (long shot/composure) would stand next to the free kick taker... etc...

They are small change, but can make the difference between a win and a drawn (or a loss) (I'm sure you'll get ****** off if you conceed a goal in a corner kick in the extra time when you're actually leading 1-0, due to a lack of concentration or because the settings aren't appropriate to your team?). It's just I read here and there people complaining that they conceed too much...

Remember, those changes are MINOR and don't completely change your tactic. It is still a plug and play one.

HAZZA, feel free to correct me if you think otherwise.
GUYS, I hope you don't see me as a "longwinged style" talker. I really try to explain you what I believe I understand in the game. I think it's better to explain things instead of replying YES or NO. Actually, I learned a lot too by reading your posts as well :).

Last edited:
okay, its just that one of them is zonal and the other is marking the full back;S I cant tell if that is my mistake for looking at the instructions of if it that is how you uploaded it?

This happened because you opened the STL or STR individual settings.
You only can do it IN GAME, I mean before kick off (as HAZZA says, AFTER you clicked on "submit team").

Read the Post 649 if you want to understand what happened.
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-tactics-training/102095-4-1-2-3-unbeatable-engine-exploiter-hazza22299-65.html

Read the Post 617 if you want to mark the FB again in a "permanently" way (and keep the tactic more solid in defense)
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...nbeatable-engine-exploiter-hazza22299-62.html

Or redownload it on the OP but Don't open the STL and STR individual settings.

Hi.

I see people have gotten great results with this tactic. Im wondering if i am the only one that dont get the desiered results. I play in the norwegian league.(Tippeligaen) I have tried with almost every team but cant seem to get the tactic working. I can start by winning games 2-1, after some games i start a big losing streak. I am holding morals up and trying my best. with no results.

Im using the updated V2. I have followed the instructions given in the thread. Im wondering if the players in mye league are to bad to even use this tactic. Any ideas how i could turn this around and start winning some games? :)

Cheers!

Last edited:
Hi.

I see people have gotten great results with this tactic. Im wondering if i am the only one that dont get the desiered results. I play in the norwegian league.(Tippeligaen) I have tried with almost every team but cant seem to get the tactic working. I can start by winning games 2-1, after some games i start a big losing streak. I am holding morals up and trying my best. with no results.

Im using the updated V2. I have followed the instructions given in the thread. Im wondering if the players in mye league are to bad to even use this tactic. Any ideas how i could turn this around and start winning some games? :)

Cheers!

Read and follow everything in the tactica notes section, check your training schedules. Use what I use.

This happened because you opened the STL or STR individual settings.
You only can do it IN GAME, I mean before kick off (as HAZZA says, AFTER you clicked on "submit team").

Read the Post 649 if you want to understand what happened.
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...nbeatable-engine-exploiter-hazza22299-65.html

Read the Post 617 if you want to mark the FB again in a "permanently" way (and keep the tactic more solid in defense)
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...nbeatable-engine-exploiter-hazza22299-62.html

Or redownload it on the OP but Don't open the STL and STR individual settings.

cheers, ive been following your posts already so I know how to fix it. I just cant decide if i prefer v1 or v2 :S this decision is stopping me from starting my new save :(

Im first season with Aston Villa and for me this tactic has gone from the best tactic ive used to the worst tactic ive seen over night. in the last 8 games ive won 2 drawed 1 lost 5 whats happened gone from 2nd in the league to 5th now missing out on champions league. please help

cheers, ive been following your posts already so I know how to fix it. I just cant decide if i prefer v1 or v2 :S this decision is stopping me from starting my new save :(

Hahaha, can't really help on this one ;)

I don't even know the difference between both of them, I started straight with the V2 with FB marking.
If I can suggest you another thing, which is MY opinion, not Hazza's one so I don't know what he thinks about this (don't forget, he's the one who made this tactic).

So what' I'm talking about is according to what I've experienced in my save: the GENERAL TEAM marking should be on ZONAL, and not man marking. As stated on the OP, I only showed the 2 wide players (MR/ML, or AML/AMR) to show onto weaker foot, that's all. No need to close anybody down or anything else... It kept the tactic shape much more better in defending position and allowed us to have players in every part of the field.
(We are not talking about the specific FB marking anymore, this has been discussed and approved: end of it!!! and no more confusion).

To play a general man marking would mean you're a very better team than the one playing against you. You're sure your "defending" players will always collect the ball and won't be beaten, because if this happens, your defender would be dragged out of position leaving space behind him (for another opponent ST, through ball...). So, if you don't have 2 Vincent Kompany in your team, stay on zonal ^^)