• Thread starter Thread starter iamauser
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 84
  • Views Views 43K

iamauser

Staff member
Reaction score
4-2-1-2-1 - 14.3 HIGH CCCs - Plug and Play - Solid Defense

I know it is a massive claim, which is why I am looking for others to test it. Obviously Chelsea should be winning most of their games, but it is the way the tactic works that makes me feel it could work for many other teams. It is reminiscent of the amazing 4-3-3 tactic on FM12 where the defense just could not mark the 3 strikers.

The Formation & Shouts

View attachment 400066 View attachment 400065

I thought I would try a slightly different formation, which plays very predominantly down the middle, but also has devastating results when the wing backs bomb forward and get involved in the play. It is a tactic that look to control the possession, and press the opposition high up the pitch and win the ball back. And yes, that is not a mistake, I am playing a very high defensive line with the offside trap.

The Positions

Goalkeeper - The most important attribute for your keeper is his one-on-ones. Playing a high line with the offside trap obviously allows your opposition to get in one on one sometimes, so this will be a huge bonus.

Complete Wing backs - Your wing back play a very big part in your offensive play, providing support on the wings, grabbing a few assists and the occasional goal. Dribbling and crossing are important.

Limited Defenders - Nothing overly special from your two centre backs is required. Good passing is a positive.

Half Back - This is a very important player in your team. When your wing backs are forward, he will drop back and form a back three. Would be useful to retrain a centre back to play there.

Deep Lying Playmaker - Again, your DLP will sit deep, venturing forward a little more than your HB, but will offer support in defense when required.

Centre Midfielder - Your centre mid will look to sit in the middle and play quick balls forward to your attacking players. Good passing and the PPM "Plays simple balls" will work well.

Trequartista - This is where we start to get to the business end of the side. Both of your AMs will need excellent finishing. Your Trequartista will need slightly better passing, and he is normally the one who drops of the defensive line a little, and looks to play a through ball.

Enganche - Your Enganche looks to both create and score goals. Often making runs pass the defense for a through ball from your Trequartista. High finishing is a positive.

Advanced Forward - A good all-round striker will fit this tactic best. Good heading for when the wing backs get forward, along with good passing to bring in your two AMs will result in plenty of goals.

The Results

View attachment 400046 View attachment 398669

View attachment 400044 View attachment 400043 View attachment 400042 View attachment 400041 View attachment 400040 View attachment 400039 View attachment 400037

Top Players

View attachment 400030 View attachment 400031 View attachment 400032 View attachment 400029 View attachment 398666 View attachment 398668 View attachment 398667

Other Info

Pitch size: Standard
OI: None

Download Here

View attachment 398673 <-- V2.0

Last edited:
may give it a go with san marino save that will be a test

may give it a go with san marino save that will be a test

If you get any results with them then it deffo is a super tactic!

It just reminds me very much of that 4-3-3 super tactic on FM12 when the AI just could not deal with the runs in behind from the strikers. The amount of 1 vs 1s your AM and ST get with this tactic really is crazy

How much defending does the Centre Mid do? i was thinking City.. Toure and Ferd at back, Nasri in the mid, Aguero and Silva behind the forward, or is toure suited to the middle and i'll pick up someone else to partner Ferd. (i hate garcia lol),.

How much defending does the Centre Mid do? i was thinking City.. Toure and Ferd at back, Nasri in the mid, Aguero and Silva behind the forward, or is toure suited to the middle and i'll pick up someone else to partner Ferd. (i hate garcia lol),.

He is the only one I have actually give player instructions too. He has "play short passes" and "Hold position", so he does do a fair bit in defense. Does occasionally venture forward too though. I would say Toure is better suited than Nasri.

what u use on general and match training?

Im currently just training tactic only. Once it is fully fluid I would set it too Att. Movement, or against bigger teams Def. Positioning. And normal training is on balanced.

I am also working on an away tactic as it does struggle a little away from home, hopefully bringing it out tomorrow evening.

Let's try this :)

Gladbach, 6th season, winter break.

Hope it works for you mate. If you (and anyone for that matter) could post any screenshots that would be great.

Also, could you let me know how you get on in away games. As I said i have been struggling a little away from home.

Wait, what? a possible ME breaker with chelsea? And its not the WORLD CLASS PLAYERS, ITS THE TACTICS, RIGHT?

laughable.

no offense, you do realise totallfootballfan released a tactic very smiliar to this one months ago, right ?

test your "ME breaker" with Norwich and let me know after 20 games how much "breaking" you've acomplished.

Wait, what? a possible ME breaker with chelsea? And its not the WORLD CLASS PLAYERS, ITS THE TACTICS, RIGHT?

laughable.

no offense, you do realise totallfootballfan released a tactic very smiliar to this one months ago, right ?

test your "ME breaker" with Norwich and let me know after 20 games how much "breaking" you've acomplished.

Notice I put TESTERS WANTED! Maybe if you read what I wrote, you will see why I made that claim.

laughable.

Why do u always have a dig at other peoples tactics or what they have wrote POSSIBLE doesnt mean definitlely does it ? Ive never seen u come on with a tactic and put one up. Why do u think he wants testers too he seen how they play hes seen something what looks ******* good all he might need is a few tweaks here and there.

Why do u always have a dig at other peoples tactics or what they have wrote POSSIBLE doesnt mean definitlely does it ? Ive never seen u come on with a tactic and put one up. Why do u think he wants testers too he seen how they play hes seen something what looks ******* good all he might need is a few tweaks here and there.

This is the exact reason why I uploaded it! I'm not tactical expert, so I was hoping some of the tactical experts here would help improve it

Started with this when i was half way on my second season with Udinese. Finished 2nd. Start of my third season is going amazing. good tactic!!

laughable.

The most famous comedian on FM base is back.

Started with this when i was half way on my second season with Udinese. Finished 2nd. Start of my third season is going amazing. good tactic!!

Glad to hear it is working for you mate. Any chance you could post up some of your results?

tried this tactic in 4 matches with cardiff....unbelievably i was scoring a goal in the very first minute fastest long ball goal 25 second....but then it was all downhill eveygame was the same my half back looked clueless and my right back was drinking tea on the sides when the opposition players were coming towards him...no marking no track back...lost by a margin of minimum 3 goals in all four matches...SS are not even sharable....sorry mate but this didnot work for me

Back