4-2-1-2-1 - Possible ME Breaker 14.3 HIGH CCCs - Testers Wanted

• Thread starter Thread starter iamauser
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 84
  • Views Views 43K
I'm definitely happy with this tactic. I've plugged it in January 2020 after a not exceptional first half of the season, and it lead my team to some great success. Perhaps not the proper treble, but who cares? :)

It's not a ME breaker though, and adding jassar's set pieces was vital. Keep going, iamauser ;)

Do you reccomend version 2.0 for a top team like mine or should I stick with original version (+tweaked set pieces)?

Do you reccomend version 2.0 for a top team like mine or should I stick with original version (+tweaked set pieces)?

I would say V2.0 is better all around. Its not so risky with the high line so it should conseed less.

I'm definitely happy with this tactic. I've plugged it in January 2020 after a not exceptional first half of the season, and it lead my team to some great success. Perhaps not the proper treble, but who cares? :)

It's not a ME breaker though, and adding jassar's set pieces was vital. Keep going, iamauser ;)

Any chance you could post a SS of your results?

Just about to give this a go with pompey in the championship, Can you put a link to the database with the extended league database in it. Wanna give AFC Liverpool a go

Ok, I have an impressive squad, but I'm also super happy indeed with v2 (+ jassar's SP) :D

What do you mean? It's already on OP, you just have to tweak the set pieces.

I know it is a massive claim, which is why I am looking for others to test it. Obviously Chelsea should be winning most of their games, but it is the way the tactic works that makes me feel it could work for many other teams. It is reminiscent of the amazing 4-3-3 tactic on FM12 where the defense just could not mark the 3 strikers.

The Formation & Shouts

View attachment 543950 View attachment 543953

I thought I would try a slightly different formation, which plays very predominantly down the middle, but also has devastating results when the wing backs bomb forward and get involved in the play. It is a tactic that look to control the possession, and press the opposition high up the pitch and win the ball back. And yes, that is not a mistake, I am playing a very high defensive line with the offside trap.

The Positions

Goalkeeper - The most important attribute for your keeper is his one-on-ones. Playing a high line with the offside trap obviously allows your opposition to get in one on one sometimes, so this will be a huge bonus.

Complete Wing backs - Your wing back play a very big part in your offensive play, providing support on the wings, grabbing a few assists and the occasional goal. Dribbling and crossing are important.

Limited Defenders - Nothing overly special from your two centre backs is required. Good passing is a positive.

Half Back - This is a very important player in your team. When your wing backs are forward, he will drop back and form a back three. Would be useful to retrain a centre back to play there.

Deep Lying Playmaker - Again, your DLP will sit deep, venturing forward a little more than your HB, but will offer support in defense when required.

Centre Midfielder - Your centre mid will look to sit in the middle and play quick balls forward to your attacking players. Good passing and the PPM "Plays simple balls" will work well.

Trequartista - This is where we start to get to the business end of the side. Both of your AMs will need excellent finishing. Your Trequartista will need slightly better passing, and he is normally the one who drops of the defensive line a little, and looks to play a through ball.

Enganche - Your Enganche looks to both create and score goals. Often making runs pass the defense for a through ball from your Trequartista. High finishing is a positive.

Advanced Forward - A good all-round striker will fit this tactic best. Good heading for when the wing backs get forward, along with good passing to bring in your two AMs will result in plenty of goals.

The Results

View attachment 543994 View attachment 546970

View attachment 543998 View attachment 544001 View attachment 544004 View attachment 544007 View attachment 544010 View attachment 544013 View attachment 544017

Top Players

View attachment 544033 View attachment 544030 View attachment 544027 View attachment 544036 View attachment 546977 View attachment 546971 View attachment 546974

Other Info

Pitch size: Standard
OI: None

Download Here

View attachment 546962 <-- V2.0

what skin is this ????any 1..and can u download those pics in steam workshop ??

View attachment 397741

Amazing first half of 2020/21 season, look at the goal difference! Only conceded six :D

Shame this tactic isn't enough popular among fmbase users...

View attachment 549129

Amazing first half of 2020/21 season, look at the goal difference! Only conceded six :D

Shame this tactic isn't enough popular among fmbase users...

excellent results there mate!

and it is a slight shame not more people have tried it, or at least not posted how it has been for them, although I'm glad people who have tried it appear to be having really good results

Back