4-2-2-2 "il Devasto" (untick target man... XD)

What of the tactics is best for 12.0.4 patch? I played last season with il Devasto is coooooooking, did very well for 3/4 seasons. Last quater didnot went so well, struggling with bigger and half-table teams, had a streak of 8 games with 2 losses, 5 ties and 1 win. I Won Premier League with Newcastle ( I have good players), did not reached continental cup finals, but the final in CL against Man City I didnt have a chance, like 4 shots against goal, posession 45.... City was clearly better.Cavani scored almost 85 goals in all competitions.( 60 games) :)
I use Devasto il is back for 12.0.4

The new one for the patch 12.2 looks pretty weak away for the moment with both Arsenal and Man City.
6 games each, 3 wins at home 3 defeats away with both teams.

does this work with barcelona and i want messi to score a lot so where to place him?? please reply as my team can hardly win against sociedad

this tactic is rubbish. cant even win against mallorca and sociedad. 1-1 draws. messi did not score for 7 games. Thus i used the fm 2011 version for my fm 2012 and it did wonders- 6-2 vs mdrid, 5-3 vs man u- stupid pinto cuz valdes injured.

Does not work well with the new patch! Looking forward to an update of the tactic! :)

i think i can give it a try
This tactic needs to be bumped. Best tactic I have ever used for any fm game ever. Scored 194 goals in 38 games (one EPL season) with Arsenal with an average of 5.1 goals a game. Dominating Manchester United 11-1. I am now in the Hall of Fame as one of the best managers ever (I think I am number 10) solely due to this tactic.

I can't thank you enough, Tom, for this miracle of a tactic.

(Here it is again for those of you who want to try it)View attachment 236759

Last edited:
This tactic needs to be bumped. Best tactic I have ever used for any fm game ever. Scored 194 goals in 38 games (one EPL season) with Arsenal with an average of 5.1 goals a game. Dominating Manchester United 11-1. I am now in the Hall of Fame as one of the best managers ever (I think I am number 10) solely due to this tactic.

Are you using this with the latest patch though? 12.2.2?

Most people would have updated to the latest patch by now, and from what i can remember the tactic was created for 12.04 or something i think :/

there are so many which one is best, using man utd and donig ok, want a tactic with 2 players up front, any adive downloaded the tweak verson so going to give it a try, are these good for away games?

match preparation???

Nice tactic. Has proper defending, cheers :)
Btw, what midfielders are everyone using? I followed the advice in buying non-creative-like players and got sandro from spurs but he seems to suck :S

Has anyone used this on the 12.2.2 patch? Never got to use it in the older versions so was wandering if the results were still as good in the newest patch so I could possibly give this a go?

as a huge fan of the old il devasto tactics, i use it in fm 2012 with some changes.
1. I change wide play of LCF from "moving into channels" to "hug touchline".
2. I change wide play of AMR from "moving into channels" to "cut inside.
3. i tweak just a little more offencive the mentality of LCM and change his wide play from normal to moving into channels.
What i observed was that the LCF was moving to the left flank, pulling with him his personal marker. This way he created a space, which gets exploited by the RCF who is set to moving in to channels. Because of the movement of RCF, new space is created at the area of the right post, where comes to fill in the AMR and while the AMR cuts inside, the RB comes behind him waiting for a chance to cross the ball.
trying this with real madrid i had 59 goals and conceded only 3 in the first 10 games in the league. I also won 5-0 barcelona in santiago bernabeu.
I now changed team and i m managing barcelona. In supercup i won real madrid with overall score 9-0. I won them in bernabeu 5-0 and in camp nou 4-0. i recommend you people to try this one.

superb...

SATOROX do you get many goals from corners with these tactics (the Madrid one or the Tottenham one) and which would be best to use with a fast English Championship team (Crystal Palace)? (I'm using patch 12.2.2 btw) thanks