4-2-3-1 PAV GENGENPRESS (Championship and EFL Cup Double with Record points)

I get a man sometimes even 2 sent off every other game its ridiculous.

do you see any change if you put someone else for set pieces (then in OP)?

do they even work?

I have to say this tactic is fantastic. finally I find it.

I have tried every 4-2-3-1 tactic on this forum and not one is even close to this.

I am currently playing with Ac Milan third season. But you will see I bought only 2 or 3 players in all 3 seasons.

first two seasons I tried many tactics from this forum and tried few of mine own. results were pretty random and my striker scored very little.

this tactic changed it ALL.

fantastic. can't wait to finish season and show you results.

and I am plying with this tactic 4-2-3-1 Pav Gengenpress with OI's from OP.

only I am using teamwork through season.

Must admit, I'm struggling with this one ever since the recent updates.

My Enganche and AF get 6.4 or 6.5 every match and nothing is happening up front as the wingers constantly cut inside. Stupid long balls over the top kill me too as my CB's just stand and watch the ball go over them. This doesn't matter if I'm Celtic, St Mirren or Blackburn. Plus, trying to get the training beyond Competent for all prior to the end of even September seems impossible. Sure I've plenty of possession, ranging from 56% up to even 64%. Just so few chances being created.

Plus, one of the attacking corners comes up different pre-match than it does in match and then in match it's still a ball out to the edge of the box.

I have to say this tactic is fantastic. finally I find it.

I have tried every 4-2-3-1 tactic on this forum and not one is even close to this.

I am currently playing with Ac Milan third season. But you will see I bought only 2 or 3 players in all 3 seasons.

first two seasons I tried many tactics from this forum and tried few of mine own. results were pretty random and my striker scored very little.

this tactic changed it ALL.

fantastic. can't wait to finish season and show you results.

and I am plying with this tactic 4-2-3-1 Pav Gengenpress with OI's from OP.

only I am using teamwork through season.

I was playing that game with ac milan. was working wonders for me.

than I started over. wanted to do it right from first season.

Almost the same team. results are just not even close like they where. it is ok but not nearly perfect as it was. I finished season second with 10 defeats. not good at all unfortunatly. dont know what happend like game engine is on random or something.

shame it looked very good for the first time.

I really like how my team plays with this tactic, you can really see some nice football with fullbacks attacking, the enganche getting forward to score often and a lot of pressing. My only issue is with the many many bookings, but I guess it's normal given the aggressive nature of the system.

Thank you ThePav!

actually appreciate people who post their tactics for idiot like me
i have used this for my torino side, had a full pre-season to bed them into this, 8 games into the season, 4 win 4 lost

the problem with this tactic aside from the aggressive nature is the team simply cannot defend, u can get away with it against smaller team, but definitely not against quality sides once they play past you

One match against Atalanta, I was up 3-2 in the 70th minute, immediately switch to your park the bus one, but still lost 4-3
the next game, i got ripped to pieces by Pescara, before i finally quit the game since my heart was also being ripped

the other two losses were against roma and ac milan where i lost by 4 goals margin, maybe is me, but i can see everytime only 2 ppl back defending

I concur entirely. This tactic is the bomb for Wolves

Pav sir, you have created a monster. I concur entirely. Coming from a fellow Wolves fan, in his first season in FM17..

I am 2nd at the end of the New Year transfer window, on GD alone. I am in the final of the League Cup after kncocking out Stoke and West Ham on the way and a dramatic semi-final against Man Utd that ended up 6-3 on aggregate. Things are indeed looking rosey for the mighty Wolves (It has been a while since I've been able to type that).

Things I did:

I got James Wilson in on loan from Man Utd (something we should have done in the real world long ago) and changed his role to poacher. As of the 1st of January, 30 goals in all competitions. Got Chung Yong Lee on loan from Palace as the enganche, used in rotation with Joe Mason

I sold Iorfa to Southampton for 7.5m, sent Borthwick-Jackson and Stearman back from loan and sold Silvio to Olympiacos for 4m. Got in Ryan Bennet from Norwich and Luke Chambers from Ipswich in their place. Grabbed a Brazillian LB from (guess who) Benfica on loan (Marcelo Hermes) who has been a revelation.
Sent Evans back on loan to Bradford where he's coming on leaps and bounds and Saville off to Gillingham where hopefully he'll stay.
Sold Bodvarson to Celtic for 5m as he didn't fit in to the style of play at all and was never going to shift Wilson when he's on a goal a game. Weimann/Dicko gets used sparingly and Niall Ennis is getting five minutes here and there.
Here's my preferred team sheet and squad
View attachment 100034View attachment 100032View attachment 100031View attachment 100030View attachment 100033

Midway through season one and it's looking like automatic promotion. I promised mid-table.

Last edited:
would love it if you could check out why this tactic isn't currently working after the new update as i loved the tactic previously thanks