If there was ever a bigger Mourinho hater, I'd be surprised. He always plays winning football with the components he has/wants. He admitted in an interview that it's easier to win negatively but if you put the statements on his 'mission at chelsea this time around' with the fact he CAN PLAY attacking football - he will be attack minded going into the future, and has been. So try not to be so biased by how effective he is at beating the big teams when it matters - cause no one cares how much you beat your rivals by, it's often close - winning is what matters.

I don't think he's implying he hates JM, but I think he speaks sense in terms of style.

I like JM as Iv'e meet him in real life and he's an canny bloke but a friend of mine who lives down the South and is a massive Chelsea supporter for over 50 years even said himself that if you take away the money that are the clubs JM managed then JM wouldn't be that much off a manager and wouldn't be as popular as he is now.

at first I started laughing at him thinking no way he's an poor manager THEN he said look at your team with Pardew and look at the style he has there and look at JM at Chelsea? they both play a same style and have there wingers tracking back to defend and it got me thinking he maybe right!

JM & Pardew play the same style the only difference is that Chelsea have a massive transfers, something to think about!

If there was ever a bigger Mourinho hater, I'd be surprised. He always plays winning football with the components he has/wants. He admitted in an interview that it's easier to win negatively but if you put the statements on his 'mission at chelsea this time around' with the fact he CAN PLAY attacking football - he will be attack minded going into the future, and has been. So try not to be so biased by how effective he is at beating the big teams when it matters - cause no one cares how much you beat your rivals by, it's often close - winning is what matters.

You're right I'm a jose mourinho hater, because I'm a football lover and Jose mourinho enters a game trying to just kill a match. This isn't football which should be entertaining. He's not really showed to be a winner last few years either, and ultimately when Jose mourinho manages in a football match- football is the loser. He lacks class in every single way, his mind games are equally as pathetic as his football style. But anyway leave this now for this person to replicate his style like the thread is for, good luck with it mate.

You're right I'm a jose mourinho hater, because I'm a football lover and Jose mourinho enters a game trying to just kill a match. This isn't football which should be entertaining. He's not really showed to be a winner last few years either, and ultimately when Jose mourinho manages in a football match- football is the loser. He lacks class in every single way, his mind games are equally as pathetic as his football style. But anyway leave this now for this person to replicate his style like the thread is for, good luck with it mate.

special one is the best manager ever! one of the most succesful ever, simply the best

special one is the best manager ever! one of the most succesful ever, simply the best

You're right, that will explain why pep guardiola has won more trophies in 5 years managing in a top league than mourinho has in 10 years.

I think Pep is overrated. Its not hard to win titles with Barca and Bayern!

I think Pep is overrated. Its not hard to win titles with Barca and Bayern!

Whereas it's extremely hard to win titles with Real Madrid and chelsea(when they was spending millions more than everyone else). Inter also were miles ahead of their league and goes without saying the difference between Porto and the rest of that league. There's a reason pep got the jobs at barca and bayern like theres a reason mourinho got his jobs that's what you must remember. Just because he's never managed someone **** doesn't make him overrated.

Whereas it's extremely hard to win titles with Real Madrid and chelsea(when they was spending millions more than everyone else). Inter also were miles ahead of their league and goes without saying the difference between Porto and the rest of that league. There's a reason pep got the jobs at barca and bayern like theres a reason mourinho got his jobs that's what you must remember. Just because he's never managed someone **** doesn't make him overrated.

In addition, Pep almost single handedly dragged European football away from a direct style of play relying purely on physicality with his success at Barcelona. He's one of the most intelligent managers around and his implementation of innovative ideas means he is constantly positioned at the frontier of modern football. In 50 years time, we will talk of Pep in the same way that our grandfathers do Shankley, Meisl, Sebes, Maslov and the rest.

1. Wtf does breh mean
2.Don't judge mourinho by his time at Real Madrid. He was forced to play attacking football there rather than his usual defensive style because attacking is the 'real Madrid way'. This is why he by many will be seen to have failed at Madrid because he wasn't able to play the style he wanted.

He may have been a failure at Madrid if winning a La Liga title when Barca was still in their peak with a record amount of goals scored is failing. On the other hand, his Internazionale side were by no means a counter attacking team. They were a team that had a defensively solid core (Zanetti, Maicon, Lucio, Cordoba, Stankovic, Thiago Motta), but were a team that were very much attacking. The three attacking players (Eto'o, Milito, and Sneijder) were very attack minded and did little to no closing down. Except for the Chelsea 2nd leg in the first knockout round and the Barca tie in the Champions League, his side played some good attacking football and their final performance was a testament to that. Mourinho is the type of manager that will win at any cost and there is nothing wrong with that.

I don't think he's implying he hates JM, but I think he speaks sense in terms of style.

I like JM as Iv'e meet him in real life and he's an canny bloke but a friend of mine who lives down the South and is a massive Chelsea supporter for over 50 years even said himself that if you take away the money that are the clubs JM managed then JM wouldn't be that much off a manager and wouldn't be as popular as he is now.

at first I started laughing at him thinking no way he's an poor manager THEN he said look at your team with Pardew and look at the style he has there and look at JM at Chelsea? they both play a same style and have there wingers tracking back to defend and it got me thinking he maybe right!

JM & Pardew play the same style the only difference is that Chelsea have a massive transfers, something to think about!

The problem is that you're only looking at his time at Chelsea. When you look at his career as a whole, he managed Inter and Real Madrid as well. With both he certainly had money to spend, but when you look at his treble winning team at Inter, that accomplishment on itself is remarkable. Not to mention he won the Champions League with FC Porto. FC Porto in real life not football manager lol with a team that was majority Portuguese that nobody ever heard about. He also finished 6th with Uniao de Leiria who are minnows in Portuguese football which shows he's very good at tactics and brilliant in motivation. He's certainly no Alan Pardew.

Someone has copied this tactic, link above: http://www.cmportugal.com/index.php?showtopic=160257

He may have been a failure at Madrid if winning a La Liga title when Barca was still in their peak with a record amount of goals scored is failing. On the other hand, his Internazionale side were by no means a counter attacking team. They were a team that had a defensively solid core (Zanetti, Maicon, Lucio, Cordoba, Stankovic, Thiago Motta), but were a team that were very much attacking. The three attacking players (Eto'o, Milito, and Sneijder) were very attack minded and did little to no closing down. Except for the Chelsea 2nd leg in the first knockout round and the Barca tie in the Champions League, his side played some good attacking football and their final performance was a testament to that. Mourinho is the type of manager that will win at any cost and there is nothing wrong with that.

3 attacking players at inter? Solid core of 6 players. This is defensive, learn to accept it. Let's compare this to city last season.

2 centre backs
2 wing backs with a lot of assists and a few goals
Yaya toure who floats around and scores 20 goals
Fernandinho who is the more defensive minded midfielder but will still push on sometimes and get a goal.
2 attacking midfielders who go where they want and don't have to do much defending.
2 strikers.
So when city attacked they had attacking: 2 strikers, 2 attacking mids,2 wing backs offering width and 1 cm of the 2 will get forward.

This is 7 attacking players compared to mourinhos 3 as you say. This is how football should be, entertaining. 3 attacking players is not attacking pal no matter how much you want to kid yourself

No one can all Jose an attack minded coach with a straight face. His football is extremely deep hit them on the break tactics and always has been. People are bringing up Madrid but that is mostly a two team league that he won, yes they scored an amazing amount of goals but that was very much a one off. Take the insane money away and his tactics aren't that different from a Pulis. At the end of last season he was playing with a back 6, 3 midfielders and 1 striker.....

This should be more rigid and counter

Last edited:
No one can all Jose an attack minded coach with a straight face. His football is extremely deep hit them on the break tactics and always has been. People are bringing up Madrid but that is mostly a two team league that he won, yes they scored an amazing amount of goals but that was very much a one off. Take the insane money away and his tactics aren't that different from a Pulis. At the end of last season he was playing with a back 6, 3 midfielders and 1 striker.....

This should be more rigid and counter

You are probably too young to know, what an amazing job mourinho made with porto...attractive and attacking football. After abramovic fired him, he changed his philosophy.

#Hatersout

I thought this was a tactic thread?

I am play Real Sociedad and have been using this for away games and tougher home games, for example vs Lyon, Atletico, Galatasaray. And I even managed a 2-1 win at the Camp Nou.

View attachment 357151