A nice little gem of a tactic. It's one of the best so far with my striker raking them in and fewer yellow cards. Averaging 3-4 goals per game.

Would also like to add this has been great for me with Sheffield Wednesday! Which have been a problem child for me with a lot of tactics, but then again our squad isnt great! This one though I am enjoying as the shadow striker, for me Fernando Foresitieri, is casuing mayhem!

I'll add a screenshot when I finish the season! Great work!

it's a cool tactic, seems working.
But so weak defensively !

there are wins like 5-4, 6-3, 3-2. Tested it with Leipzig.

this kind of win :

Capture d’écran 2019-12-23 à 15.36.36.png

This is a brilliant pice of work Pav :)
Excellent work !
Will be using this on my AZ save when i roll out :)

Hi - just wanted to say thanks Pav for this great tactic. This is the most fun I’ve had on FM20 in terms of tactics. Not surprised it’s tested so well.

Merry Xmas

1st 3 games with this is looking good. Will update once I got more games with this tactic.

So far all the players rating are 7 and above for all 3 matches.

it's a cool tactic, seems working.
But so weak defensively !

there are wins like 5-4, 6-3, 3-2. Tested it with Leipzig.

I'm with you mate, I have tried a few things, Was my problem with the fiend tactic, weather its the engine or not i'm not sure, but ball over the top does my head in. You gotta be on much higher defensive line as it squeezes play up to get ball back quicker. Offside trap does actually work a lot. You could try defenders on cover, which I have tried in the past on other tactics. feel a lot of the time recovery pace gets them naturally back anyway so it's a bit pointless, BPD actually get caught out further up the pitch as they step out too far. Why it's on CD instead, If it was tweaked defensively it would be an monster as so good going forward its excellent. Attacking wise it's immense. It's one of them. It's a bit Kevin Keegan football!

By all means have a go at trying to tweak it :) I'd leave all the positions as they are but the BWM could easily go more defensive and that could offer more protection I guess

Last edited:
Awesome tactic Pav thank you :D
Playing a database with Celtic in the EPL and so far 14 games 13 wins 1 loss - scored 41 conceded 11
This includes beating Man City 3-1 away, Tottenham 5-0 at home
I wish the Fiend had done this because I love Bray Wyatt and wanted the Fiend to be my tactic but this one blows it out the water
Thanks again :D

Awesome tactic Pav thank you :D
Playing a database with Celtic in the EPL and so far 14 games 13 wins 1 loss - scored 41 conceded 11
This includes beating Man City 3-1 away, Tottenham 5-0 at home
I wish the Fiend had done this because I love Bray Wyatt and wanted the Fiend to be my tactic but this one blows it out the water
Thanks again :D

Thanks mate, The original Fiend I sware to "abigail" was the best tactic I had then the hotfix came out about 20 mins after release and killed it. I wanted it to be the one as well. Tried loads and just couldn't get it to work so went back to this shape. I sometime switch to it if I need a goal tho.

They are some great results with Celtic, I'm thinking of making a Scottish Welsh Irish Database just not had time yet

Merry Christmas!

I'm with you mate, I have tried a few things, Was my problem with the fiend tactic, weather its the engine or not i'm not sure, but ball over the top does my head in. You gotta be on much higher defensive line as it squeezes play up to get ball back quicker. Offside trap does actually work a lot. You could try defenders on cover, which I have tried in the past on other tactics. feel a lot of the time recovery pace gets them naturally back anyway so it's a bit pointless, BPD actually get caught out further up the pitch as they step out too far. Why it's on CD instead, If it was tweaked defensively it would be an monster as so good going forward its excellent. Attacking wise it's immense. It's one of them. It's a bit Kevin Keegan football!

By all means have a go at trying to tweak it :) I'd leave all the positions as they are but the BWM could easily go more defensive and that could offer more protection I guess

I believe that the over the top ball is a bug, loads of people are reporting it on the SI forums

it's defintitely the best tactic out here. Beautiful football.
Tested it with Man U, Leipzig, Sunderland, FC Nantes and Montreal. Successful each time.
Excellent work.

it's defintitely the best tactic out here. Beautiful football.
Tested it with Man U, Leipzig, Sunderland, FC Nantes and Montreal. Successful each time.
Excellent work.

Thanks TH!!

very good start with this!
as i love to have extra tactical option for away games, i do tweak it a little for away matches against FCB, BVB, RBL, S04, just droping BWM to DM and SS to CM as MEZ Attack.
20191226170050_1.jpg
20191226170111_1.jpg