iota4u

Reaction score
Hey hey,

I decided to try to make a decent tactic for the lower leagues (Skrill), so i went about star6ting a new game as Maidenhead United and i thought that if i could get somewhere with this team, it must be a decent tactic, that and a fair few freebie players!

Now, this works great with my team, but it should be noted that LLM tactics for top teams in the prem etc may not work too well and i have not tested it nor neither do i wish to.

What this tactic aims to achieve is attack attack attack, for in the lower leagues you will concede and it is just a matter of scoring more than your opponent naturally, so in this tactic the tempo is low, you have route one and a solid back for who rarely break formation.

View attachment 440189

As you can see, it is a rigid formation, so everyone knows their role and to retain the formation shape.

Previous Fixtures and results:

View attachment 440187

View attachment 440186

Skrill South League Table as of january 2014:

View attachment 440182

So far, it has been a blessing to my team, we even made it to the 4th round of the FA Cup, but lost 3-1 to Fulham. We were leading 1-0 until my Defender (captain) got sent off then my main goal scorer got injured (hurrah =/ ) but, still, as a Skrill South team to get that far is very impressive. Currently still in the FA Trophy, in the last 8 now i do believe.

As you can say, it's mostly all green on the results table, with 2 losses and two draws, 13 points clear at the top of the table with 3 games behind and yet to be played.

Now this tactic won't work for everyone, it is not some sort "insta-win" tactic, it will be down to you to sign the right players, rotating the players intelligently and trying to keep everyone's morale top notch.

What you will need to do is sign wingers with 13 pace and 9 crossing minimum as they will be feeding the targetman crosses who will in turn nod it on or through ball it usually to your poacher, so your target man will need strength, aggression, heading and passing (secondary stat), i would suggest "Richard Pacquette" For the role of targetman as he has done brilliantly for me.

Poacher only really needs to be fast, obviously finishing of atleast 11 helps, he will usually be hanging on the shoulder of the last defender waiting for a long or through ball to come through.

B2B midfielder, this is really down to you, but i would use a younger guy, you is quite naturally fit, can pass and can shoot from distance.

DLP i use an older midfielder, has the experience behind him but can still cause damage, i actually stumbled across a free agent, "Richard Hughes" he is the stevie 'G' of the Lower leagues in my eyes and is a must have if you can get him.

Now, for the fullbacks, they are limited full backs, so all the do pretty much is defend, which is what you want in the lower leagues, nothing fancy, just a strong back four line to help prevent those pesky counters, for these positions i mainly use Roarie Deacon (you might get him on a free, if you are lucky), Kalum O'Kane and Luke Jones.

Central defenders, i left them as normal CD's but one as stopper and the other as cover, to aid defence, Nesbit (if you can pry him away from maidenhead) is a beast here and so is Ngoy, absolute monster CD's in my eyes, ideally you want defenders with minimum 9 tackling here.

Goal Keepers, now, nothing spcial here, just your run of the mill keepers, but would be wise to scout around, after all, you want to score more than you concede, my scouts gave me the files of two players, who i snapped up instantly and straight from the get go, i could sell my other goal keepers for enough money to buy a snickers bar it seemed. Anyway, these two keepers are highly recommened for Skrill N/S & Prem: D?vid Gr?f and Elvijs Putnins, both young, decent stats and if trained properly, can go a long way.

Training

Fitness very high for the first week or two.

Team Cohesion if you bring a fair amount of new players on high.

Then Cycle through Attacking, Ball Control & Balanced at average - high depending on how busy your schedule is

Match Prep

if you are favoured to win - Attack.

If you are the under dog - i use Def. Set Piece, but Defend also is viable.

Opponent Instruction

I just leave to the AM

-End of 1st season Results-

View attachment 439996View attachment 439995

View attachment 439994

Assist Locations

View attachment 439993

Download ---> 4-4-2 LLM Attack <---- Download

Last edited:
iota4u, can u tell me why u using offside trap with much deeper d-line? i don't think that this can work properly ;).

iota4u, can u tell me why u using offside trap with much deeper d-line? i don't think that this can work properly ;).

it actually works, for me atleast, especially against teams with one striker. The defence, whilst strong are still pretty weak due to the low level of the players in the skrill regionals etc.. every bit that the defence can get help wise, they need. It'ss caught out some decent counter attacks and saved my skin now and again, but each to their own really.

hmm, interesting, but actually am wondering how many goals u saved and how many conceded because of trap ;).
anyway, am gonna test it without offside trap in my Skrill save - with Braintree, keep u posted m8.

hmm, interesting, but actually am wondering how many goals u saved and how many conceded because of trap ;).
anyway, am gonna test it without offside trap in my Skrill save - with Braintree, keep u posted m8.

most of the goals conceded tend to be scrappy infront of goal, goals, or just one of those that no mater wat you do, the AI wants to score, goals.

ah, one more question - did u tweak mentality sometimes? for example when u were on lead, 75min, counter? or overload through all game long?

ah, one more question - did u tweak mentality sometimes? for example when u were on lead, 75min, counter? or overload through all game long?

Over load all through, unless i have a one goal lead in a must win match, then contain at the 70-75 ish mark, but most matches it is just overload, because quite a few low league teams can't handle very attacking teams, they lose their composure, as it were.

Over load all through, unless i have a one goal lead in a must win match, then contain at the 70-75 ish mark, but most matches it is just overload, because quite a few low league teams can't handle very attacking teams, they lose their composure, as it were.

You said it is a LLM specific tactic, but what would you do when gaining promotion and become a bigger club? :)

cheers

You said it is a LLM specific tactic, but what would you do when gaining promotion and become a bigger club? :)

cheers

well, it's only tested with a lower legue club, be my guest and test it out with a big team, but it is more suited to LLM purely because of the roles and rigid-ness.

just won the FA Trophy and Skrill South League with 6 games to go, if i win the remanding games, i will have notched up 128 points in the league. I also lost another, three in total in all competitions, 1 to fulham (expected) and twice to basingstoke of all teams, the only team i could not defeat as maidenhead, but ohwell, i'll post some screenies later.

Sorry my math was quite off in the last post, i blaame the lack of coffee!

anyway, fully completed the first season with this tactic, updated the opening post with results, league table and Assist overview.

As you can see, alot of the assists are from long through balls from the teams own half, followed up by wingers belting the ball to the target man who either goes for glory or tips it past the defence for the poacher to sprint in.

It has been record breaking season using this tactic for my team with 153 goals scored in all competitions and 45 conceded, Maidenhead broke the amount of goals scored in a game record for the Skrill South, they also set a new record of goals scored in a season and also broke the amount of points gained in the league as well as making history for the club by winning the FA trophy and being champions of the league.

Not too shabby, i would say.

I'm doing just fine with my Blackburn save. I'm currently third in the epl and still in every cup.

Though, my problem is home games. Can't seem to grab a win. Many many draws. o_O

many draws at home? bizarre!

some times, especially with low low teams, crossing is just a n no, in some games (depends on what side of the bed the winger woe up on i guess) and you should get notified to either cross more or cross less mid game, i usually do one or the other depending on the opposing team's defence and whether or not my wingers are on top of their game. But if their defence is solid i tend to switch it to a more possession based system, but as blackburn are miles ahead, could be a different story as LLM tactics and top league management tactics don't overly work well together etc.

Gonna give this a go with my Boreham side in Skrill Prem I think, will let you know :)

Gonna give this a go with my Boreham side in Skrill Prem I think, will let you know :)

got boreham up? nice one, i lost aa fair few of my players in the summer after the first season, so having to do a major overhaul, hopefully i can keep up and go on with my maidenhead team, the bord have seemingly decided to upgrade almost everything already, i seem to have gotten lucky ahah.

first 4 games as wba :
west ham 0:4 wba
wba 4:1 everton
yeovil 2:4 wba (capital cup)
wba 0: 0 stoke
anelka 4 assists 1 goal
long 4 goals 2 assits
so far excelent tactic

first 4 games as wba :
west ham 0:4 wba
wba 4:1 everton
yeovil 2:4 wba (capital cup)
wba 0: 0 stoke
anelka 4 assists 1 goal
long 4 goals 2 assits
so far excelent tactic

nice to see it works for the bigger teams too! something i hadn't tested, still, if you like it, like first post x)

hope it keeps working for you.

it seems fine but can i change the mentality? because when i play big teams like man utd,arsenal i cant play overload they score 5 or more goals to my team :)

do as you wish, but if you are managing a lower league team, doesn't matter what tactic you use against man utd, just a matter of damage control heh, i would suggest counter for more advanced teams, highly suggest counter actually.