4123 Wide Attacking, Won Sextuple, 34 out of 38 league games

@ manunited20, that's s a nice skin, mind sharing a link or name for it? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you think changing the LB role will ruin the tactic? Fancy using it in my palace save but not a fan of inverted wing backs

Do you think changing the LB role will ruin the tactic? Fancy using it in my palace save but not a fan of inverted wing backs

I've had a play with handling the LB a little differently. The reason it works on here is because the IFL is set to attack so there is a lot of space behind him and the IWB can tuck in to provide amazing support.

However, being Nueaton (Vanarama North) - I always play LLM, I haven't had a huge amount of talent to fill the role. Some scenarios I have changed the IWB to FB on attack to still cover the left side when the IFL tucks in. On other occasions, I've left him as a FB (Support or Defend). These have all worked okay; because the LLM sides present wingers are their attacking hands. A quality FB has nullified their movement down that side somewhat - particularly when I'm playing against stronger sides.

When playing weaker sides, I push up the FB or change him to WB to give an option.

If this helps as well, I also look at the option of 'Look for overlap' when my LB is staying wide. If he has good crossing, it is another avenue. The IWB tends to give a lot of central support (as I said) which is perfect for this narrow formation.

Just a thought!

Mazuma, out of interest on your screenshots on page 1 you had 3 different tactics.

Do you use this tactic in every game? Do you change the tactic in away games or just the regista to DLP?

Tested this out with a small club and got hammered 4-1 away to a lower league opponent. 1/10 not a good tactic.

Now THIS tactic looks intresting!

Should work with Man United id say.

Recomended signings for the tactic?

I think you should sell Fellaini and Young and you should buy Passlack, Jonathan Tah and Andrija Zivkovic. These players are the best investments in the long term. If you can buy back Fabio for sub you should.

I would choose these players for this tactic:
GK De Gea, Romero
DR Passlack, Valencia
DC Jones, Tah
DC Rojo, Smalling
DL Shaw, Fabio
DM Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger
BWM Blind, Carrick
MC Herrera, Embolo
AMR Mata, Zivkovic, Januzaj
AML Depay, Martial
ST Rooney, Wilson

After the second year you will win everything with these players.
Later you should buy Tielemans to replaye Schweine, you should buy back Rafael as well to replace Valencia and buy one of the Benders to replace Carrick.

Generally a decent tactic you don't lose 4-1 to clubs in lower leagues. 1 game is enough to showcase that

1 game showcases nothing really, teams not fluid, players not perfectly fit. to dismiss it completely after one game is a mistake for any tactic or result.

Last edited:

No i dont think it will ruin the tactic at all, i use a inverted wing back because it seems too work for me, my thought was that the regista pushes up pretty high, and both central midfielders have get further forward, so the inverted wing back would be half a defensive mid and half a full back, especially if you switch the regista to a dlp it would be ok to change the role. I have been using this tactic exactly as it is now since the hull city game, but before that, and the end of the season before, i have been changing roles and some player instructions. Just try out some things and see if it works.
If you or anyone else finds something that seems to improve it, please let me know!

I am now at the start of April, won 29 and drawn 2 games. It is working absurdly well for my team. I have scored 94 goals and conceded just 13, despite it being attacking, it seems to be more defensive then most tactics that have an attacking mentality. I also already have won a quintuplet, but that is just the league, league cup, community shield, super cup and club world championship, where only the league is a "real" price in my opinion when you are playing with arsenal

Tested this out with a small club and got hammered 4-1 away to a lower league opponent. 1/10 not a good tactic.

What team are you playing as? i play with a complete forward because i have aboubakar, but when i play a full rotation squad in the capitol one cup i change the complete forward to a deep lying forward and other minor changes where needed. Maybe try that if you try this tactic for more then one game

Mazuma, out of interest on your screenshots on page 1 you had 3 different tactics.

Do you use this tactic in every game? Do you change the tactic in away games or just the regista to DLP?

I make 3 tactics at the start of each season, with the intent of perfecting them for my team throughout the season. But due to the results i have just been using this one tactic. For me this tactic works against stronger and weaker teams, home and away so far. Though i change the regista if the defensive mid needs to focus more on for example mata or kevin de bruyne so he really needs a defensive mentality then.
Also for FM16 more so then previous versions, depending on how the game goes you really should make some in-game changes. I click away retain possesion if i seem to create not enough chances, and maybe play in a higher tempo, when i create a lot chances but dont score i lower the tempo and play wider. Stuff like that

What team are you playing as? i play with a complete forward because i have aboubakar, but when i play a full rotation squad in the capitol one cup i change the complete forward to a deep lying forward and other minor changes where needed. Maybe try that if you try this tactic for more then one game

I'm playing as Dordrecht in Holland. I played with all my players being accomplished in each position and resulted in my annihilation. I think this tactic may be for teams that wouldn't lose many games anyway.

Last edited:
If you play an Ultra Attacking and fluid tactic like this with a team like that its no wonder you are getting Annihilated.

I would try to find something a lot more defensively solid if I were you.

Try the 442 Leicester tactic that someone on the tactics page is using as he gets great results with that.

Can you make a filter for players needed?

Played 2 games, surprisingly good tactics

I used your beta tactic before and it's working well albeit a lot of goals conceded so I tried this tactic with Liverpool with high hope. Unfortunately out of 4 games I only won once, and the other 3 I lost I conceded a high amount of goals, I never conceded 3 goals before in this save but with this tactic iirc one game I conceded 3 against MU at home and against Newcastle I conceded 4. This just seems like other tactics in this forum that creates a high amount of shots but rarely on target. I created 5CCCs and MU only has 2CCCs and 5 shots on target.

But I think it is just me and not your tactic - only one tactic in this forum is working for me so far - I think I'm gonna test your tactic in more matches though once I have more time to really confirm it.

I'm playing as Dordrecht in Holland. I played with all my players being accomplished in each position and resulted in my annihilation. I think this tactic may be for teams that wouldn't lose many games anyway.

That may be true, I only tried it with arsenal so far, but even then i just had maybe the best season i've ever had on fm so early in the game. I made this as my attacking tactic and i made a more defensive minded tactic too, but somehow for me i concede way less goals with this attacking tactic then with the defensive one. I was hoping it might be like that for lower teams too, though it seems you might need an above average squad so far.

If you play an Ultra Attacking and fluid tactic like this with a team like that its no wonder you are getting Annihilated.

I would try to find something a lot more defensively solid if I were you.

Try the 442 Leicester tactic that someone on the tactics page is using as he gets great results with that.

I am not sure i agree with that, the mentality might be attacking and it has push higher up and be more expressive, but it doesnt function ultra attacking for me at all, i dont get a extreme amount of shots, and it is the most defensively solid tactic i've tried in fm 16 so far, albeit with a very good team. But still, despite it seeming like a all out attack tactic, it is more of a patient defensively solid tactic for me