veez

Reaction score
**********************************************************************************************
UPDATED VERSION FOR PATCH 17.2.1

VZZ HB v666 Tweak

View attachment 109260

No OI's

Best Corner Taker

WB's & CM on Automatic Duty

Use Standard Mentality 90% of the Time - Switch to Attack or Counter when Needed

Start with Fitness and Tactical Training until Fluid

Switch to Ball Control and Teamwork Training

Fitness Training All Season Instead of Ball Control also Works

Refer to Post#531 on Page 54 and Post #630 on Page 63 for Results & Achievements with this Version*

View attachment 109259

Cheers to jethers for the following guidelines - they are spot on!

Teamtalks -
Home Game - Assertive faith in you or More to come from you (whichever is available)
Away Game - Calm faith in you or More to come from you (whichever is available)
Halftime - Losing, drawing or 1 goal lead - Aggressive not good enough
Winning by 2 or more goals - Assertive don't get complacent then if you have any red feedback use assertive not doing too badly.
If you have ANY player still with red feedback then I sub them.
During game I use individual teamtalks on Assertive calm down if a player is booked and Assertive demand more if we are not playing well.

Tactics -

I load all 3 slots with the same formation and then change the mentality so i Have 1 counter, 1 standard and 1 attacking.
I start Home games on standard and away games on counter (unless I am a huge favorite and then I use standard) and then switch up to attacking if I need a goal and back to counter to protect a lead.
NO OPPOSITION INSTRUCTIONS AT ALL

Training -

Pre-Season - Fitness on high and match tactics with slider fully on the left.
During Season - I change the fitness to Ball Control and Average once the season starts but leave match tactics until fully fluid. Once fluid I switch it to Teamwork and the slider 2 notches from the left (30%)
I also switch up the coaching staff once a month to keep it fresh.
I set my training report to monthly and when I get it I warn the poor performers that they need to improve to stay at the club and I praise the good trainers with the line that I have noticed their good performances and wanted to tell them well done.
Individual training I set to the position and role for the playing - This is VERY IMPORTANT for retraining strikers into the SS role.
Players - Wide Midfielders are big goalscorers so get some that have high finishing if possible, quite a few IF or Wingers can be retrained to this role so don't be scared to do that if you don't have much money to spend. The Central midfielder also gets into the box a lot so good finishing and long shots are good for him. Like every formation this year the wingbacks are important so get the best you can afford here too.

*had some trouble with the new attatchments in OP (think i reached some sort of limit lol)

**********************************************************************************************

CORE TACTIC & OLDER VERSIONS

Hey Boys!

It's been a long time since i've posted a tactic. This one actually caught me by surprise and just got better and better as it evolved in my Sporting CP first season where i managed to win all competitions, including the Champions League, with a young and skilfull yet unproven squad.

View attachment 119428View attachment 119427

Curiously the last successful tactic i posted was also a strikerless formation i developed with romian a couple of years ago so i'm really hopefull that some of you can enjoy the same success with it.

The tactic is set around a narrow 4132 formation with fast and direct passing into space. Without posession it seeks to put the opponent under constant pressure with the second strikers acting as the first line of defense.

By seeking to regain the ball quickly we aim catch our opponents out on the counter with objective passing and a lot of pace going forward.

By not having fixed forward players we invite the opposition defences to press higher up the pitch, leaving space in behind them to exploit.

View attachment 119426View attachment 119425

The forward potential is backed up by a very solid back line despite the very offensive full backs, where the defensive lying playmaker plays an important role too. He isnt set to close down as much as the forward 5 midfielders which enables him to better hold his position as part of our defensive block.

The forward 5 midfields hold their positions defensively very well too, although they are always on the hunt for the ball in forward positions.

When in posession they will always look to be dangerous and very fluid in their movements on and off the ball, with the wide players capable of creating danger on the inside and through crosses, competently backed by wider wing-backs that are constantly bombing forward.

The pair of second strikers are capable of both, coming deep to create chances and finding space in behind the defenders to finish them.

The advanced playmaker is the pendullum that enables fast offensive and defensive transitions.

Goalscoring and assists will be widespread throughout the squad but especially from wingers and second strikers. Despite the wingers cutting inside, i prefer using straight out wingers on their preferred foot.

In regards to training, i used the default balanced/average combination all season. I also used no opposition instructions whatsoever.

We won the league with a record 89 points, recording only one loss and drawing 5 games, scoring 87 goals and conceeding only 14.

View attachment 119423
View attachment 119422View attachment 119424
View attachment 119420View attachment 119421

Champions League:

View attachment 119418View attachment 119419

Top Performers:

View attachment 119412View attachment 119415View attachment 119414View attachment 119417View attachment 119413View attachment 119416

Rui Patricio was awesome in goal, massing an immense 24 clean sheets in the league and 33 overall in 57 games.

Willems and Pedro Pereira were great down the wings getting plenty of assists.

Gelson Martins was the best overall performer with 22 goals and 19 assists in 47 appearences, although our other wingers did very well too.

John Guidetti was a great signing but he only started to produce conssistently after he was competent in the AMC position, when he started banging in goals for fun.

Adrien, very much as in real life, was the heart of the team both defensively and offensively, scoring a lot of goals. He wans't on the back of many assists but seldomly wasn't he involved in our more dangerous build up plays.

Games:

View attachment 119409View attachment 119408View attachment 119407View attachment 119410
View attachment 119402View attachment 119405

Think that's about it. Hope you have as much fun and success with it as i did and hopefully it will continue on in to my next save.

I'll continue to post screenies of my developments and achievements with the tactic and i hope you will too if you decide to stick with it.

I'm happy to answer any questions you might have and take in positive feedback and criticism to try and improve what i think is a great start as it doesn't even have a proper name yet. XD

View attachment 119399

Quick tips:

The tactic is set to a standard mentality, however i often used control in games where we managed a solid lead and counter in games where i wanted to protect that lead. There isn't a correct formula to it, just play around with it and see what bests suits you and your team.

When you find yourself a man down remove one of the second strikers.

Player Filters:

View attachment 119256

View attachment 118311View attachment 118312
View attachment 118307View attachment 118308
View attachment 118305View attachment 118306
View attachment 118313View attachment 118309

won all competitions and didnt lose a game all season.

managed 32 wins and 6 draws in the premier league with 102 points, scoring 99 goals and conceeding only 22. that is my best premierleague standing in a long time :)

felipe anderson also won all domestic payer awards, cant stress how amazing this guy is as WM and relatively cheap for his qualty too.

think the tweaked tactic is really solid although it can be improved.

gonna start a new season and im gonna tweak the wingbacks as i think they can be more effective.

also need to find a decent defensive set-piece setup as we conceded most of our goals that way.

started testing the original tactic with liverpool but it was brought to my attention that some areas could be improved, therefore i changed the role and instructions of the AP and the DLP and changed the approach from fluid to flexible.

results were very encouraging as you can see above and i personally believe the fllexible tactic to be more solid that the fluid original one.

if you give it a go, post spome results and let me know which one performed best for you :)

View attachment 118314

starting my 3rd test save now, gonna try and get more out of our wingbacks

the flexible tactic also achieved some interesting results in a tactic testing league that you can check out in the link below

Hey Veez and others! just to let you know i'm testing this tactic out on liverpool check this page out! http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-17-tactics/361548-testing-tactics-request.html

Absolutely sensational tactic.

Using Atletico Madrid and absolutely stomping on teams.

I retrained Gameiro to AMC and using him as my Shadow Striker and he's dominating alongside Griezmann. Gaitan is probably the star of the team in the LM position though.

Only 2 shock defeats in the league to weak teams (play kids at your own peril!)

Best thing about the tactic is the way goals come from all 5 attacking roles, each with over 15 goals for the season.

e9b26fdad941a7f659f39619a07db1c9.png

21d689f0a84d8ceb37c66ee0b0f2c260.png

436521ffbc8466742c538720a25d86ba.png

The best part of the tactic is that I always fight for the points. Even if we are 1 down there is a big chance we are going to get back into the game. And I also like the way the ball is quickly moved across the field. No sleeping around player. And there is a hidden treasure in it. After the tactic was fluid, I changed Match Preparation to Defensive movement. And for the first time in years games where the opp has no shot happen quite often.

finished my test with crystal palace and i'm really happy with the results

we finished 3rd in the league by a margin, topscorers with 84 goals and conceeding 43

we also managed to win both cups

View attachment 1089826View attachment 1089827
View attachment 1089829View attachment 1089828
View attachment 1089831View attachment 1089832

we scored for fun and i think we could have scored even more and challenged for the top 2 spots if we had wingers with better finishing - zaha and townsend did very well but squandered so many chances.

it is especially noticeable when you see the team overall goal tally, as this tactic ususally gets 20 goals out of your wingers and they managed around half (makes sense considering they have 9 and 11 finishing attributes lol)

you can also see that benteke managed only 4 assists despite scoring a lot, so it is obvious that the SS need vision and passing attributes

off the ball is important for all forward players so they can find space in behind the defence

i also found it essencial to have fast defenders, scott dann was permeable

if you can find an all round CM with skill and some tackling that will give you a greater dimension in midfield

on another note, i've found that team talks make you or break you this year

View attachment 1089830

used teamwork as match training and i think it also brings a better dimension to our game

posting the updated tweak although it is still in testing, definately needs some improvement regarding set-pieces.

View attachment 117267

Last edited:
I remember your old tactic fondly, probably the last time I saw consistent killer balls in FM XD

Gonna give this a go, if it's as entertaining as the old one I'm not updating FM until 2018 ;)

btw first four attachments in OP are not working.

EDIT: they work now!

Last edited:
Hi Veez. Really enjoyed your last work in fm14. Where was you last two FM's?;)

I remember your old tactic fondly, probably the last time I saw consistent killer balls in FM XD

Gonna give this a go, if it's as entertaining as the old one I'm not updating FM until 2018 ;)

btw first four attachments in OP are not working.

EDIT: they work now!

Cheers dude :D

had a few problems with my attachments lol

hope it works as well as the other one too :p

Any individual player instructions or set pieces instructions? Want to test IT om IPad

Any individual player instructions or set pieces instructions? Want to test IT om IPad

there are quite a few individual player instructions, i can try and upload some screenies of them for you tomorrow after work

Very good tactic. I changed the DLP to DLP-D to help recycling possession and a little cover for the CBs and it's working great.

Did you struggle offensively against teams that sat two DM?

Last edited:
Very good tactic. I changed the DLP to DLP-D to help recycling possession and a little cover for the CBs and it's working great.

Did you struggle offensively against teams that sat two DM?
Thanks for your feedback! I actually havent tried the DLP in a defensive role because we have been so solid at the back but let me know how it works for you in the long run.

On support he is very active in behind the formard 5. Is that still the case with a defensive mind set?

In terms of playing against more defensive opposition, sometimes they are hard to break down yes, but I found that being patient payed off most of the time.

I had success in a few situations by changing mentality to control, however as they are dropping very deep, playing conter could work too. Need to experiment with it further.

Enviado do meu SM-G850F através de Tapatalk

On defensive duty the DLP still works up the pitch some, but he's helped keep pressure because he's usually in front of the other team's striker and picks up the clearances and cycles it back to the final third.

Currebtly unbeaten in La Liga with Bilbao in December and averaging 3 goals a game. I usually start off standard and if I'm not pressuring enough go to control. Bigger teams I go counter and weaker I do control from the start.

On defensive duty the DLP still works up the pitch some, but he's helped keep pressure because he's usually in front of the other team's striker and picks up the clearances and cycles it back to the final third.

Currebtly unbeaten in La Liga with Bilbao in December and averaging 3 goals a game. I usually start off standard and if I'm not pressuring enough go to control. Bigger teams I go counter and weaker I do control from the start.
That sounds really promissing! Look formard to some screenies as you progress :)

Have you found any particular shortcommings with the tactic thus far?

I'm starting a new save with Liverpool tonight. Their pace and flair up front should suit the tactic perfectly :D

That would be awsome!
I'll do that for you later on today when i get home, unless one kind soul can manage to do so earlier :p

That sounds really promissing! Look formard to some screenies as you progress :)

Have you found any particular shortcommings with the tactic thus far?

I'm starting a new save with Liverpool tonight. Their pace and flair up front should suit the tactic perfectly :D

I haven't noticed anything glaring. The worst game I had was against Feyenoord in EURO and I lost 5-4. They just kept hammering me on the counter and I couldn't stop it. Sometimes against teams that play a deep 442 can be a chore to break down, but overall it seems really strong. This is part of why I stuck the DLP on defend, because especially against 2DM teams it keeps the pressure on and it can help break up counters.

Worst tactic with my Middlesbrough. Lost 2 in a row, and played terrible.

Hello! From the moment it's the best tactic I have used... But can you help me finding the right players for every role? Can you save your filters please? :)

so you win all in frist season with sporting, tell me, and with a weaker team like maritimo from portugal?

Loving this tactic, thank you!
My small team, following a youth only model has finally started clicking after not being able to get many other tactics working.
This has improved us by a great amount! (H)