To the author of this if the lone striker gets sent off how do you change the formation do you take a defender or midfielder off and go 3 at the back or 3 in the middle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To the author of this if the lone striker gets sent off how do you change the formation do you take a defender or midfielder off and go 3 at the back or 3 in the middle?

If you get a player sent off i would recommend to play 4-4-1.
Because the defensive midfielder is gone this also makes it more difficult to link the defence to the midfield (build up play).
So what i do is that i go on team instructions and make the formation one step wider than it was, this also give the team an option to play more direct from time to time. A very realistic but simple trick that makes sense and works ;)

If you get a player sent off i would recommend to play 4-4-1.
Because the defensive midfielder is gone this also makes it more difficult to link the defence to the midfield (build up play).
So what i do is that i go on team instructions and make the formation one step wider than it was, this also give the team an option to play more direct from time to time. A very realistic but simple trick that makes sense and works ;)

Thank you

I did not start my save using this tactic but still I will have a chance,now its coming january,It will be hard too keep players at the club because all european clubs are monitoring my best players,but still I am confident that I will be able to fight for the title :)media prediction is 18 place so and I currently at 3 positon :)

Unbelievable season with Southampton [INVINCIBLE IN PREMIER LEAGUE].

I have tried using Southampton on a tactic test many times because its the perfect team to test tactics. They are not too bad or to good. But with this tactic they played so beautiful/solid football.

The strange thing about this tactic is that the only striker in this 4-1-4-1 formation is on the left. I did this because the left side of my formation has more trouble in the build up play. So if i play my striker as a Inside winger/Striker he will also be a option in the build up play.

Brought in Timo Werner in January. He scored 19 goals in 15 games!

I used the 4-1-4-1 Control on almost all of my home games if i had a decent starting eleven. I only use my 4-1-4-1 Counter if i believe that my team will have trouble in the build up play. For example away against Man City who likes to press a lot.

You will find everything you need in the pictures below.

The Formation

View attachment 1180973

The Premier League Table

View attachment 1180974

Premier League Results

View attachment 1180975

Opposition Instructions

View attachment 1180976

Here are some results

View attachment 1180977 View attachment 1180978 View attachment 1180979 View attachment 1180980

Link To Tactics

4-1-4-1 Control

4-1-4-1 Counter

Are the O I included in the download or do you after manually do them yourself? Or can you ignore this ?

Man you are a genius!!I DONT HAVE A WORD TO DESCRIBE THIS ANYMORE
I have never beat Man Utd Away with such a week team!

Trying this at the moment, and having pretty average to bad results, so nowhere near what I'm seeing there. I'm playing Luverdense in Brazil's Serie B.
So I have two questions if you care to help:
1-I see both you and the author are playing with inverted foot wingers, while I'm using right on right and left on left.
The author already said it probably won't make a difference, but maybe it does?!?
2-And most important: how exactly are you managing the use of both control and counter tactics in your Wolves save?
Thanks in advance.

Don’t feel my performance playing properly with Newcastle is as good as that when holidaying with Bournemouth and Huddersfield. How important are OI? I didn’t set them during the test but have with Newcastle.

For me its important to use opp. Instructions even opposite foot on the flanks are realy important because of the movement of the wingers!Its simple ,use counter when opposition pressing you like man city chelsea or liverpool,and use contol for the rest,guys trust me,this work incredible :)

Last edited:
For me its important to use opp. Instructions even opposite foot on the flanks are realy important because of the movement of the wingers!Its simple ,use counter when opposition pressing you like man city chelsea or liverpool,and use contol for the rest,guys trust me,this work incredible :)

Do you use what the author posted for OI or let your assistant manager do it ?

Anybody answer my above posts in pictures I posted please before I start this tactic basically what do you use and choose

About training I just put on balance and match tactic,neither defending or attacking movement regard of opposition