4231 - Giving The Match Engine A Bit Of It's Own Medicine

any plans to update this
I am working on it buddy, going to spend today all day playing FM. Will upload if I have something good. But what I played of the new update, tweaks I have done so far is put the striker on DLF (A).

nearly completed my first season (I play FMC) and this is the best tactic i've used with 14.3. I'm Aston Villa, expected to finish 17th, haven't signed any players apart from one on loan and I don't really have a proper AMC (my only one Nzogbia is out injured for the season so I've got a striker filling in!)

Currently 9th in the table, got a few games left and if I put a few results together Europe is a possibility, had a good run in the FA cup too. Results feel 'right' and haven't had any stupid results such as 6-6 or 6-4 like I have been using some other tactics recommended on these forums. I got hammered 4-1 by Chelsea for example which is to be expected but then when I win it's always a nice scoreline such as 3-0 or 2-0 and I did win two games in a row 5-0 as well! With other tactics could guarantee those 5-0's would have been 5-3 or something.

Defensively this formation works and once I'm able to improve the team I'm sure it'll work a treat! :)

I was unbeaten at the end of the season and like I predicted I qualified for Europe in 6th. Manager of the month and even had a crazy couple of games beating Man City 4-3 and then Chelsea 3-2!

Not bad considering my team was predicted 17th, I had a left back playing AML and a striker playing AMC. Tactic is great with 14.3 and totally recommend it to everyone!

View attachment 406972

so andrichbrand what would you say is your best tac this or your other 1?

freak result, it does happen :) I had a freak result against Fulham in the middle of a winning streak.

so andrichbrand what would you say is your best tac this or your other 1?
For now the narrow 4231, but this week I am working on this one to make it more stable. Going to use the defensive setup I have on the other tactic and put it in this one, it will stop it leaking goals.

I was unbeaten at the end of the season and like I predicted I qualified for Europe in 6th. Manager of the month and even had a crazy couple of games beating Man City 4-3 and then Chelsea 3-2!

Not bad considering my team was predicted 17th, I had a left back playing AML and a striker playing AMC. Tactic is great with 14.3 and totally recommend it to everyone!

View attachment 528696
Dont know if you realized that the wingers swap positions, so the best will be to have wingers that can play left and right.

Dont know if you realized that the wingers swap positions, so the best will be to have wingers that can play left and right.

yeah, it was a temp fix whilst I waited for my best AML/AMR to come back to the club. Luckily Villa have a few players who are very flexible on both wings!

So is everyone using this rather than Near Perfect 4231? I've been using Near Perfect 4231 and leaking like a sieve - losing games 5-3.

hey andrich, i love this tactic.
offense is strong, but defense is too weak. can u help me? i using Everton in 2015
i hope u can update it

magnificent tactic!!!!Excelent offence and very solid defence. In 10 games only 2 conceded!!!!! Really nice

Will you make another "defense" variant of this? It used to be superb against bigger teams. While I am either Cardiff or Southampton, most teams will be stronger early game. The attack formation isn't working to well for me neither. How should my striker do as a hanging striker? Like in your "perfect" formation, or would you change some things?

Will you make another "defense" variant of this? It used to be superb against bigger teams. While I am either Cardiff or Southampton, most teams will be stronger early game. The attack formation isn't working to well for me neither. How should my striker do as a hanging striker? Like in your "perfect" formation, or would you change some things?
To be fairly honest, I am struggling with defense on the patch. But I am working on it little by little.

And I just finish playing Stick of Truth, so I can play FM again.