Resource icon

433Tikitaka v1 Bortmounth 100P 131-45 v1 - Tweak v2

The results will be up later for the testing, but this looks like you've improved the original for underdogs! Based on our testing, I've not seen an underdog tactic quite as strong as this one. It has the highest points per game (1.41) and while it doesn't score quite as many goals as the previous version, it looks much more solid defensively. Good job!

The results will be up later for the testing, but this looks like you've improved the original for underdogs! Based on our testing, I've not seen an underdog tactic quite as strong as this one. It has the highest points per game (1.41) and while it doesn't score quite as many goals as the previous version, it looks much more solid defensively. Good job!
Thanks. This was my aim: to make it more strong from a defensive point of view but also try to keep the offensive part from the original tactic which was amazing. Seems that it is quite balanced between defense and attack now. As I said in the post I used it for one season with Inter which is not quite underdog and it lead me to some really impressive results for first season.

Two hints:
1) used a Left foot winger on the right and a Right foot winger on the left since the wingers often cut inside to the center and shoot; a lot of impressive goals with long shots from the wingers
2) switching to Attacking mentality is sometimes needed to score the first goal or to overturn the result when the opposition manages to take the lead or it uses counter attack in the match.

Started the second season and used Attacking only in two matches (one being with Juventus - the only draw).

D1F45229-6CA6-4583-8F57-DC5745090CD0.png
5D006AF4-67C0-4C42-9862-965442EEB242.png
5D006AF4-67C0-4C42-9862-965442EEB242.png

Fantastic tactic. I've taken over a struggling Swansea, 4 years in to a save and this has ticked the box in terms of the possession football wanted and the results needed. Seems to be really consistent so far and solid in defence.

Not sure if you tried it during testing/creation but I've had some success setting one of the BPD's to cover, when they're facing a pacey striker. Might be something to look at.

Great work though, across the board. Thank you!

i enjoyed the original with the 3 strikers but away from home it was terrible for me so im hoping that this one brings some stability.
I do love a good old fashioned 442!!
what do we need to do in regards to set pieces. who takes what etc?

Fantastic tactic. I've taken over a struggling Swansea, 4 years in to a save and this has ticked the box in terms of the possession football wanted and the results needed. Seems to be really consistent so far and solid in defence.

Not sure if you tried it during testing/creation but I've had some success setting one of the BPD's to cover, when they're facing a pacey striker. Might be something to look at.

Great work though, across the board. Thank you!

Never tried with a BPD set to Cover. Glad that it is working for you.

i enjoyed the original with the 3 strikers but away from home it was terrible for me so im hoping that this one brings some stability.
I do love a good old fashioned 442!!
what do we need to do in regards to set pieces. who takes what etc?

Kept what was in the original one and did't make any additional changes. Letting the set pieces takers to automatic.

Tried this tactic and got beat 5-0 away from home against Augsburg, I’m Dortmund?

Tried this tactic and got beat 5-0 away from home against Augsburg, I’m Dortmund?
As the years passed over the FM game it seems that it is almost impossible to just plug and play with a new tactic. The team needs to become familiar with the tactic and the players with their roles. If a team tries to use counter and the match statistics show that it had a few dangerous situations I switched the mentality from Positive to Atacking which is also mentioned in the post and in the previous comments. I had very good results with it and it seems that others also. Moreover this tactic was tested and it is ranked 1st for underdog and 6th overall if you sort the tested tactics by PPG (points per game). Sorry for your result.

Yeah I know what you mean, going to finish off my season just now and train it at the start of the next??

Expectation was mid-table and sitting top of the league at the moment, undefeated. This is the first tactic I've seen that maintains possession well, creates plenty of chances and isn't weak defensively. My only loss so far was in a friendly when I rested most of the starting 11 and subs.

This has all been done just following the instructions. I'm set to positive most of the time and set it to attacking when struggling to break a team down. A bit rocky to start off with in the league but a month later I beat West Ham (6th in Prem') 1-0 away, with 60% possession and didn't conceed a goal all month.

Phenomenal, considering the players I have available.

1579219334555.png

1579219657594.png

mishyf updated 433Tikitaka v1 Bortmounth 100P 131-45 v1 - Tweak with a new update entry:

New version for top teams

Third season using the the first version of the tactic was a bit strange. All the teams were playing really tight/defensive against my team. It was really hard to score the first goal but still I managed to win the games by switching from Positive to Attacking although I started to this almost every game which didn't happen the previous 2 seasons. Everything went smoothly until February when I had the first game in CL (1/8 stage and the first game was away). Lost 6-2 away and that really...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Check the History section from the post for both tactic versions.

This tactic looks great(promising), I am using v1. I am after 5 matches in PL. Prediction 20 in Premier League. Waiting for patch to fix 1on1, result can be much better, actually FWs misses too many 1on1.

Attachments

• 20200117184118_1.jpg
    20200117184118_1.jpg
    292 KB · Views: 376
  • 20200118151250_1.jpg
    20200118151250_1.jpg
    383.4 KB · Views: 396
  • 20200118142139_1.jpg
    20200118142139_1.jpg
    413.2 KB · Views: 397
  • 20200118161905_1.jpg
    20200118161905_1.jpg
    343.9 KB · Views: 493
  • 20200118162310_1.jpg
    20200118162310_1.jpg
    407.4 KB · Views: 487
  • 20200118162554_1.jpg
    20200118162554_1.jpg
    492.8 KB · Views: 438
I used it away against big teams and it is very solid. I win CL second year with Napoli. And with BETA.

I tried but only 1 match- this match against Wolves. I don't know why there is only 8 players from Wolves. I think it is a bug. Match was ok.
20200119183155_1.jpg

Seeing all the results from those who tried this tactic means that this tactic is able to produce some very nice results. I'm sure that with the improved ME it will be even better (I'm playing FM Touch and I'm not able to test with the beta ME ).
Moreover, the results on FM (pc version) vs FM Touch using this tactic seem to be better and I think this is related to Pre/Half-Time/Full Time and in-game shouts which I do really miss and hopefully will be included in the following FM Touch. I have a 20/20 Motivation Assistant Manager but it seems that results are even better with those shouts.
Waiting for the new ME official update. Enjoy.

After the beta I've played 21 games with this tactic. 19 wins, 1 loss and 1 tie. Experimenting with the strikers to get the best out of them, trying pressing forward(attack) and advanced forward(attack) for the moment.