442 - The beautiful game - Demolish and Conquer any team, any place.

Darkatdawn

Reaction score
Dear friends,

My humble congratulations to all the experts out there, you guys are awesome tacticians.
I have, like many of you, download most of high rated tactics, some failures and some success with them, some of them are very inconsistent providing shocking results vs weaker teams and over the top results against the big guys.

Through my Championship Manager years, and please remember that forums like these one were non existent, I had a notebook of all the 22yrs old players and at the end of every season, I would search for next big star at that age.Nevertheless , I played the series until it became too arcadish and the lack of realism drove me away from the series.

My favorite tactic back then was a flat 2-4-4, direct play, this tactic provided a non stop stream of goals every game,my goal scoring record is still 14-0, not even close there has been a tactic developed that comes near to that score line no matter what dream players I had.

I developed a 2-4-4 for FM2011 but the results are somewhat far way from what I was aiming, though the opposition does not score very often when I have only two defenders, it is still very funny to see them keeping their whole defense line marking my advance line in their midfield.

The tactic itself

I am here to share my tactic, the very 1st one developed to get that 14 goals scoreline. Some maybe thinking that it is an utopia, some might say " yeah right". Well, I have tested the tactic in different championships with different teams, mid table, bottom table, top 10 teams and it works.

On a side note, through out my time using this tactic, I noticed that many factors come into play, injuries, red cards and so on, given this, I do not promise a constant opposition rape with a 14 goals scoreline but I am sure that the top 10 league teams and even the usual underdog will do well.

Training instructions are left to the AM, I dont use any match instructions pre-match, did it in the past but I see no tangent reason for you not to use them, it´s up to your taste.

Pitch size is whatever you want, I have played with tottenham and they have a rather congested pitch size and still they managed quite well.

Usually the tactic will need up until the end of October to be fully blended, it can happen faster depending on the quality of the infrastructures of the club.

Thing you see in game:

Since the tactic is very aggressive and fluid, you will notice a lot of yellow cards plus the occasionally red card shown to your team, that is fine, use your judgement here, I always keep the two strikers even if I have to sacrifice a defender.

You will also see quite a few cards given out to the opposition because of the two poachers setup, it will happen very frequently.

Recommended players

Diego Costa - Striker/AMC Starts at Valladolid 1M
Sercan Yildirim - Striker Starts at Bursaspor 8M
Luis Guilherme - GK Starts at Botafogo 5.2M

The two strikers are phenomenal when it comes to score goals, i cant get enough of them both, highly recommended!

Conclusion

It´s a very creative tactic so with that in mind, carefully make your purchases to fill the holes.
Get a good keeper, sell the trash on your team, get loans from other teams if your managing lower league teams, if you are playing with the relegated team, get loans with the option to buy specially if you are playing in the English PM.
The better the players , the better the scores will be but you will be surprised with the occasional bite in foot against big teams.

Screenshots

Football Manager 2011 - Image Hosting

Some highlights

[video=youtube;guEOgc5Jbmw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guEOgc5Jbmw[/video]

[video=youtube;TaitdaplZSQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaitdaplZSQ[/video]

UPDATE

After some testing, I am very happy to release the 2nd version. I have broken several records and my front line is scoring goals in their sleep.

View attachment 193185View attachment 193186

View attachment 193187

If you like it, please rate it. Goodl Luck and have fun :D

Last edited:
Wow,Blackburn won the EPL with it. Must be a good tactic. I dont generally use others tactics so I wont download but well done :)

Thank you for your comment Steve, appreciate it lots.

I forgot to mention a few points when creating the topic....bare with me.
Has for match shouts, i dont use them at all but you can play around with them if you wish.
Usually, if the team is on the top 5 or 10 predictions, when testing the tactic, I dont buy any players, I do however clean the house, sell the trash and what I like to call walking sticks, the slooooooowww players.

Blackburn - no players added
Palermo - no players added
Udinese - by the time I toke over, Eden hazard was coming in, my lucky day :D
West Ham - savegame not compatible with 11.3 but no new players in
Blackpool - A lot of loaned players came in, will post some screenshots if asked but not, they did not won the EPL, too many young players in the team.
Tottenham - I got promoted with Southampton to the PM and got offered a job at Tottenham, finished 2nd with 1 point behind the league winners.
Benfica - used thei players I had until enough money was made to buy Paulo Henrique, rest of the present squad contains many of the original starting players.

Hope this helps, any questions please ask. Thanks for reading this

Good looking tactic. Going to test it and post my results here.

A little note : You will see that the defense line is set to push up, this is a league like EPL is a bit dangerous to play with, if your defenders are slow, slide it to deep just on tickie and you will do just fine.

I enjoy EPL since its a league where everyone can beat everyone but playing vs Man utd with the defense line setup to push is very difficult.

Last edited:
Thanks man gonna give this tactic a go with liverpool cheers for all the info given much appreciated.

No playmaker actually due to the fact that over time, you will have more than one creative player. I don´t select anyone.
If you choose to use one, whenever he is injured, the AI will select the next creative player that might not be the best option. There is really no need to use one, the whole team creates chances for the Strikers. Hope this helps you. Thanks for the input.

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

If you notice that your inside fowards are shooting too much or not assisting the ST that often or not scoring , change their role to wingers with support.
They will still score and assist even more often.

Real Madrid has a strong team but they are not best team in the world, they have midfield problems all over the place, Ronaldo made a very ordinary team into a top team. I don´t know if that was your 1st game or not, give the team time to learn the tactic because this is not a plug and play tactic. I am sure that your results will improve.

Here is an example:

The aim of the tactic is to score goals, it is not possession even tho you will often have more ball time than the other team. In this example, Tottenham won 3-1 vs Man Utd, check the match stats.

It´s what you do with the ball, you will outscore 98% of the teams in any game even when you see them give you the Faceroll in the match stats.

Quality above quantity :)

What should I set the match preparation to? BTW, That was the third game with that tactic.

I leave it to my Assistant Manager all the time but for Match preparation, if you want to do it yourself, I would go for Team blend I suppose.

Looks nice I'll give it a spin and let you know - I love 442 :D

You play with 2 poachers?
With 2 different settings should there be just 2 fast strikers or does you have it different?:) And how did you play bale with tottenham?:)

You play with 2 poachers?
With 2 different settings should there be just 2 fast strikers or does you have it different?:) And how did you play bale with tottenham?:)

In the philosophy that was used around this tactic, strikers are played to score goals, ence the two poachers, they score and they keep breaking scoring records together. They might not be creating score opportunities for others but they do often create scoring chances for them both has a duo upfront.

Because the system uses two different approaches of playing for the two poachers, it gives the opportunity of using different types of players at the front, in each case they provide goals. You can play with wingers at front has long has they have the speed and skills required.

Slow strikers or slow wingers lead to weak results, explosive fast paced strikers lead to more consistent results.
The average goals per season in around 90 goals without the dream strikers like Aguero or Torres. Daniel Costa was unknown to me but he keeps scoring and scoring +50 goals per season, both poachers will lead the scoring charts, Franco Jara is insanely efficient playing as a poacher, him and Daniel are trashing the likes of Real Madrid and Man Utd.

Bale is a very unusual player, he does the whole left side regardless what position I put him. He has mind of his own and most of the times, he played has a winger but never has a Inside Foward. The reason he never played there is because even tho he is a creative player with scoring skills, I rather have him bombing crosses from his flank other than cutting inside and not crossing. Maybe his decisions are not the best, can´t remember the value he has at the start of the game.

I have uploaded a match highlight from the highest scoreline ever achieved with this tactic. I really don´t think Rosenborg is that bad has a club playin in the EC. You can check the stats in the match analysis.

Bro i am playing with Porto and i want to ask you what is the difference between the two strikers they have different instructions and i want to ask you should i play falcao left and hulk right striker or opposite.And i just wanna say its a great tactic

I am using this for my Wolfsburg save and it is working wonders for me atm, nice job !!! :D