5-3-2, PLAYED 16, WON 16, SCORED 57 CONCEDED 1, 2 STRIKERS SCORING!!!

DanielKing97

Reaction score
5-2-3, DIMARTINO TWEAK, ALL 3 STRIKERS SCORING FOR FUN

*** UPDATED 11/05/2018***
Not updated this for a while :) Added a screenshot today from my Salford City save. Long story short, played 5 seasons with them, won the league 4 seasons, finised 2nd in Championship 5th season (therefore promoted in every season I've played). Over first 4 seasons spent a combined total of £4.8k (which was on one player!!), the rest were freebies. After first season I was predicted to finish rock bottom every season but defied the odds! This save alone proves this tactic is superb!! Also, been asked a few times for Individual player instructions. I posted these in the comments, page 14, comment number 131, BUT then it is vital you also go to page 23, comment number 230 (from Dimartino). It's vital you follow BOTH comments 131 and 230 in order to get to the tactics on OP. The results speak for themselves in the comments. To get Salford City from Vanarama National League North to the English Premier League within 5 seasons is unbelievable (and literally could not get any better)!. Hope all are using this and having as much fun as I am!
*** UPDATED 08/01/2018***

PREVIOUSLY CALLED "5-3-2, BOTH STRIKERS SCORING 50+ EACH & 30+ ASSISTS!! CONCEDING MINIMAL!!"
(The slight difference between the original tactic and the updated tactic is that there was an Advanced Playmaker originally. He's now been removed and added as another Advanced Forward, giving you 3 Advanced Forwards now. Can't change the main name of the thread!)

The reason for me changing this tactic from the original is because as much as I'd have liked the Advance Playmaker/Shadow Striker to do well, he just wasn't doing it for me, average at best majority of games. During the thread comments (Page 23, post # 230) Dimartino come up with a great tweak to the tactic, which was removing the Advanced Playmaker and having another Advanced Forward. This is literally the only tactic I use now as it has proven so successful, with all 3 strikers scoring consistently, so a lot of credit must also go to Dimartino :)

This tactic has been proven to be one of the most successful ones out there, which I'm delighted about :)

Personally tried and tested with all sorts of teams such as Ajax, Everton, Tottenham, Celtic, Man City, Man United, Tranmere Rovers, Wolves. Check the comments for other peoples amazing games with it :) Mixed bag of teams, Hartlepool, United of Manchester, Hamburg, Ajax, Man United, Atalanta, Benevento, Wolves, Preston, Bayern, Liverpool, Partick Thistle, Motherwell, Morton, all of which have done amazing.

If you're struggling to make your strikers score, this tactic is for you!! Guaranteed to make all 3 of your strikers score!!

*** IMPORTANT - It's vital you individually set up the player instructions to suit the roles in the tactic for example, individually train all centre backs to play as ball playing defender, set up all of your strikers training to be as "Advanced Forward" etc (you will see all roles when the tactic is downloaded). :) ***

No opposition instructions used.

I leave the training to my Assistant Manager although if the player needs to be training to suit the roles I've set up I'll set up individual training myself :)

Hope this fills you with confidence :) Any doubts, just look through the comments to see how much positive feedback it has received and how many amazing successful stories have been shared. Good luck using it :) Feel free to share your progress/give feedback.

Last edited:
No worries, looks good.. love a good old free role behind 2 strikers... :)

Aye same, Tottenham spoilt for choice with Eriksen/Alli/Lamela who are decent in that role. Going to try the tactic with someone like Everton/Watford :)

Aye same, Tottenham spoilt for choice with Eriksen/Alli/Lamela who are decent in that role. Going to try the tactic with someone like Everton/Watford :)

Will give it a go with my Macae (Brazil) save when i finish fixing the skin :D so prob about Jan.

Great tactiic, loving the chances it creates. Beautiful to watch the play. Testing it out with Arsenal. What kind of players are you supposed to use for the 2 CMs? Thanks for sharing.

Thanks. It could be a great tactic. I like

Great tactiic, loving the chances it creates. Beautiful to watch the play. Testing it out with Arsenal. What kind of players are you supposed to use for the 2 CMs? Thanks for sharing.

Glad it's going well :) as the team instruction is to exploit the middle I'd imagine it is important to have two all round good centre midfielders. For Arsenal I'd imagine Ramsay in the attacking role (MCR) and Xhaka in the MCL role would work great. Good luck :)

I plugged this tactic in with my Villa team that struggled in the second season in PL. I lost the first matches against the top teams, but the defence and attack was so much better. After a few games this tactic makes wonders. Only thing is if you get a red card....you will lose big. But this is also the best tactic for me at the moment. I like the play and the intensity from the players. Good Job!

Im trying it with Fc Porto
where would u play danilo pereira ? and what do you think I should do with brahimi and jesus corona ?

I plugged this tactic in with my Villa team that struggled in the second season in PL. I lost the first matches against the top teams, but the defence and attack was so much better. After a few games this tactic makes wonders. Only thing is if you get a red card....you will lose big. But this is also the best tactic for me at the moment. I like the play and the intensity from the players. Good Job!

Thanks for feedback :) personally if I get a red card I take off the SS, I think it would be important to maintain the 3 cb's and two wb's for the game :) For example I've started one with Everton, I was playing Man City away and Gueye (CM) got a red card, so I brought on McCarthy for Sigurdsson and managed to draw 2-2. Formation went to a 5-2-2. Hope it carries on working for you :)

Im trying it with Fc Porto
where would u play danilo pereira ? and what do you think I should do with brahimi and jesus corona ?

Danilo Pereira I'd personally set up Individual Training for him to play Centre Midfield, then if you decide to play him, play him in the support role, not the attacking :)

That is the selection headache you would have with this tactic, if you have great wingers. Luckily a lot of wingers can still play in the free role Shadow Striker. I'd personally set up the Individual Training for Brahimi as Shadow Striker, then train Corona as Advanced Forward and keep rotating the side :)

Would have the same issue with Liverpool for example with all the great wide players they have, but would just be a case of training players into position sets in the tactic :) good luck!

Anyone got results with a mid table prem team ? Would test but I’m At work was curious, it looks great tho.

Anyone got results with a mid table prem team ? Would test but I’m At work was curious, it looks great tho.

I've started one with Everton to test it (not sure if you class them as mid table). So far so good considering they start with a weakened side due to injuries (Coleman, Funes Mori, Barkley, McCarthy, Bolasie for eg). Pics attached :)