tomfmlfc

Reaction score
5-4-1 CCC Monster

The formation

View attachment 412140

The team is set into 2 units , a back five who's job is to defend first and foremost , the wing backs will occasionally overlap giving the wingers support , the advanced playmaker is the hook in between the defend and the attack , his job is to connect the play together and turn possession into an attack in an instance. The team will press the opposition high up the pitch in groups of two's without giving them a moments rest , to force them into a mistake.

The results

View attachment 412139View attachment 412137View attachment 412136View attachment 412135View attachment 412133View attachment 412132

General and match training

Pre-season - General training Tactics/very high - switch with team cohesion every 2 weeks
Season begins - General training Balanced/high
Match training - Defensive positioning - permanently
Scheduling - 40%

Team talks

I always use Raikans team talks on FM , as he always give such an in depth insight into why/what scenario you should use each specific one , therefor you cannot go wrong , so thank you Raikan.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...amtalk-guide-fm14-how-get-right-reaction.html

Player role filter

This player role filter was made by sortitoutsi , all credit goes to him

sortitoutsi Player Role Filters

Player attributes

Sweeper keeper

Goalkeeping: Aerial Ability, Command of Area, Communication, Eccentricity, First Touch, Handling, Reflexes, Rushing Out
Mental: Composure, Concentration, Creativity, Decisions, Positioning
Physical: Acceleration, Agility, PaceWing back

Wing back

Technical: Marking, Tackling
Mental: Decisions, Positioning, Teamwork, Work Rate
Physical: Acceleration, Stamina

Central defender
Technical: Heading, Marking, Tackling
Mental: Composure, Concentration, Decisions, Determination, Positioning
Physical: Jumping, Strength

Advanced playmaker

Technical: First Touch, Passing, Technique
Mental: Creativity, Decisions, Flair, Teamwork, Work Rate
Physical: Stamina

Winger

Technical: Crossing, Dribbling, Technique

Mental: Decisions, Flair, Off The Ball
Physical: Acceleration, Agility, Balance, Pace

Shadow striker

Technical: Finishing, First Touch, Passing, Tackling, Technique
Mental: Anticipation, Composure, Flair, Off The Ball, Work Rate
Physical: Agility, Stamina

Complete forward

Technical: Dribbling, Finishing, First Touch, Heading, Long Shots, Passing, Technique
Mental: Anticipation, Composure, Creativity, Decisions, Determination, Off The Ball, Teamwork
Physical: Acceleration, Agility, Balance, Jumping, Pace, Strength

Opposition instructions

I do not use OI's but if you want to I'd recommend the following :

Striker(s) - Mark tight and show onto weaker foot
AMR(MR)/AML/(ML) - Closing down always - show onto weaker foot
Full back(s) - Close down always
Central defenders - show onto weaker foot

I personally prefer the 5-4-1 AF

Last edited:
You're probably sleeping right now, but do you use any OI ?

In the screenshot your positioned 9th - have you completed a full season and if so where did you finish?

I will give this a shot anyway. Rigid/Counter is my favourite combination and I love the use of Shadow Strikers, although I have never used them with a forward on attack duty before, so could be interesting.

In the screenshot your positioned 9th - have you completed a full season and if so where did you finish?

I will give this a shot anyway. Rigid/Counter is my favourite combination and I love the use of Shadow Strikers, although I have never used them with a forward on attack duty before, so could be interesting.

the reason hes positioned 9th its cause its start of the season ;)

Cause it is the start of the season man... They are arranged alphabetically.

tactic is insane testing with gladbach, but ME is such a **** it wont allow my striker to score, last game he's going on empty goal and hit the post, rly insane and stupid.

It's because you're playing counter you don't have a lot of shots ?

tactic is insane testing with gladbach, but ME is such a **** it wont allow my striker to score, last game he's going on empty goal and hit the post, rly insane and stupid.

Got any screenshots of results?

Definitely must try this tactic...i would say, that is exactly the same to the current milan under seedorf :)

EDIT: Add defensive midfielder to you list ;)

Just 1 question...in preseason/midseason about resting before and after match. This is very important, but you didnt write anything about that.

Last edited:
so how do u actually do in the league?

I only played 10 games in the league with the tactic , I was making major tweaks as I went along , with the final piece I played 10 w8 d2 , I've now started up a new save with Liverpool and I'll upload the table after 38 games.

You're probably sleeping right now, but do you use any OI ?

I don't no , because am a lazy ****** ;) , however if you find any that evidently helps the tactic perform to a higher standard please share them.

Last edited:
just couldnt win any friendly game with this tactic so i will see how it will be in the season!

tomfmlfc

Still dint answer my question about scheduling...rest before match and after match. Ticked or unticked?

I don't want to be an **** but its very premature to label it crafted to perfection when you have only played 10 games.

I will watch with interest though as it is a favoured system/style of play and will see with interest how you do after a full season.

100% better with assistant OI than without.

What are the differences between one and another? and why do you say that the 5-4-1 AF is better?

I don't want to be an **** but its very premature to label it crafted to perfection when you have only played 10 games.

I will watch with interest though as it is a favoured system/style of play and will see with interest how you do after a full season.

It's just a name due to how the team plays , am not implying you'll go unbeaten.