Garcia Martin, Arteta

Champions League

Inter Milan 3 - 2 Athletic Bilbao
1st Knockout Round 2nd Leg
Bilbao win 7-3 on Aggregate

Susaeta(2)

View attachment 255665

Monthly Review

So a fantastic month for us. We won every game, except the Inter match. But we finally got into the Quarter finals of the Champions League :D. Sporting gave us a run for our money but in the end our class shone through.

Champions League Draw

View attachment 255666

So we have Barcelona in the Quarters and if we get past them then we'll face Chelsea or Manchester United!! We wont win Europe this year but it would be good to make it to the Semi's, and hopefuly improve our reputation.

Youth Intake

Pretty shocking intake this year, only 2 players signed up and one isn't even worth a screenshot. Our Under 19s smashed them 8-0!! Here's a young striker who has potential though

View attachment 255667 View attachment 255668

Player of the Month

Javi Martinez

images

Such a consistent performer, never lets the side down

Table

View attachment 255669

So we're pulling away in the league, Madrid slipped up to Almeria!! Malaga still posing a threat too and we play them last game of the season, could be the decider!

View attachment 255670
(just thought I'd take a SS of that in case some people don't believe me lol, Almeria of all ****** teams!!)

April

images

(In the battle between Llorente and Messi who won?)

• [*=left]Make or break time for Bilbao
    [*=left]Champions League Quarter Final against Barcelona goes to the wire
    [*=left]Chelsea are waiting for the winner...
    [*=left]Three horse race for the title turns into a two as Malaga stall

La Liga

Real Sociedad 1 - 3 Athletic Bilbao

Muniain, Llorente, Garcia Martin

Sevilla 1 - 0 Athletic Bilbao

Athletic Bilbao 2 - 0 Atletico Madrid

Muniain, Garcia Martin

View attachment 255736

Valencia 0 - 0 Athletic Bilbao

Athletic Bilbao 3 - 2 Malaga

Nocerino OG, Muniain, Llorente

View attachment 255737

Granada 1 - 2 Athletic Bilbao

Garai, Llorente

View attachment 255738

Champions League

Athletic Bilbao 5 - 1 Barcelona

Semi Final 1st Leg

Llorente(2), Garcia Martin, San Jose, Ekiza

View attachment 255739

Barcelona 5 - 3 Athletic Bilbao
Quarter Final 1st Leg
Bilbao win 8-6 on Aggregate

Llorente(3)

View attachment 255740

Chelsea 3 - 1 Athletic Bilbao

Garcia Martin

View attachment 255741

Monthly Review

So a bit of a dodgy month. A few slip ups against Sevilla and Valencia, but thankfully Malaga lost to us and Osasuna, so they're all but out of the race leaving just Bilbao and Madrid in the mix. I have 4 league games left and only have to get 6 points to win the title.

In the Champions League... well what can I say we smashed Barcelona in the 1st leg, but the 2nd leg :@ argh we were 3-0 up and nearly ****** threw it all away. The Chelsea game could have been much worse, but we seem to struggle away from home and Garcia Martin bagged us that all important away goal which may just seem us through to the final.

Player of the Month

Iker Muniain

images

Hotly tipped to win Spanish Player of the Year and rightly so, been immense this season and long may it continue

Table

View attachment 255743

As you can see now, the title is ours to lose.

Remaining Fixtures

View attachment 255744

Please Comment lads, can we retain the league? Better still can we win the Champions League?

May

images

• [*=left]Bilbao do the double
    [*=left]Clear of second place by a massive 12 points!!
    [*=left]Real Sociedad relegated!!!
    [*=left]Heartbreak in the Champions League

La Liga

Athletic Bilbao 3 - 0 Osasuna

Garai, Jonathan, Llorente

View attachment 256034

Getafe 2 - 4 Athletic Bilbao

Garcia Martin, Arteta(2), Jonathan

View attachment 256035

Athletic Bilbao 4 - 2 Espanyol

Garcia Martin, Enrique Martin, Llorente, Ezequiel

View attachment 256039

Athletic Bilbao 3 - 1 Villarreal

Ekiza, Llorente, San Jose

View attachment 256041

Champions League

Athletic Bilbao 4 - 2 Chelsea
5-5 on aggregate Chelsea win on away goals

San Jose, Garcia Martin, Llorente(2)

View attachment 256044

Final League Table

View attachment 256043

La Liga Player Ratings

View attachment 256046

Champions League Player Ratings

View attachment 256047

I'll be doing a Player Awards Update and Season review shortly

Please leave comments on anyway I can improve the story :)

TIME FOR CHANGE??

Cant help but feel people are losing interest in this story? Maybe because its too similar to Klippys?

So I'm thinking about changing teams?? What do people think about that? And what team would you like to see a story about?

It's 100% up to you. I am still following, also following Klippys. Maybe some people will want to follow his more due to it being 20 years down the line and to see what he has done. I am still enjoying how you are doing a different route to Klippys. If you did fancy a change then why not go for it? I am sure any team will be good if you pick it at the same level as Bilbao also if you keep the story writting to the level it has been then there shouldn't be a problem. Still got a good amount of views though so remember that just due to people not posting it doesn't mean they don't follow. Not many people come on every single day to look at stories so some people might be a little behind and only post when they have caught up.

I am following as ever! Plus I will be jetting off to manage Newcastle soon so you will have the Bilbao domain all to yourself then.

Actually loaded up the save just now but I fear it would be too easy with the likes of Hoilett, Kalou, Bosingwa etc on free transfers so will wait a week maybe. Plus I want to see what happens to Rangers so I can chuck them down a few divisions! lol

At the end of the day if you are enjoying the save keep it going as managing Bilbao in my experience is one of the most rewarding saves you can have

I am following as ever! Plus I will be jetting off to manage Newcastle soon so you will have the Bilbao domain all to yourself then.

Actually loaded up the save just now but I fear it would be too easy with the likes of Hoilett, Kalou, Bosingwa etc on free transfers so will wait a week maybe. Plus I want to see what happens to Rangers so I can chuck them down a few divisions! lol

At the end of the day if you are enjoying the save keep it going as managing Bilbao in my experience is one of the most rewarding saves you can have
Ahh if you're off to Newcastle then someone has to keep the Bilbao flame burning!! I'm loving the save so will continue then :)

End Of Season Player Awards

images

Spanish Player Of The Year

1. Fernando Llorente
2. Iker Muniain
3. Ander Herrera

View attachment 256253

Spanish Young Player Of The Season

1. Felipe Garcia Martin
2. Alex Aranburu
3. Patricio Perez

View attachment 256254

La Liga Top Goalscorer

1. Fernando Llorente
2. Salomon Rondon
3. Karim Benzema

View attachment 256255

La Liga Player Of The Year

1. Mesut Ozil
2. Iker Muniain
3. Pedro Leon

View attachment 256257

Top Spanish Goalscorer

1. Fernando Llorente
2. Alvaro Negredo
3. Felipe Garcia Martin

View attachment 256259

Goalkeeper Of The Year

1. Sergio Asenjo
2. Iker Casilles
3. Javi Varas

View attachment 256261

Manager Of The Year

1. Sam Birch
2. Roberto Mancini
3. Jose Molina

View attachment 256262

Champions League Best Player

Fernando Llorente

View attachment 256263

Champions League Top Scorer

1. Fernando Llorente
2. Felipe Garcia Martin
3. Tomas Muller

View attachment 256264

Best Player In Europe

1. Wayne Rooney
2. Fernando Llorente
3. David Silva

La Liga Team Of The Season

View attachment 256265

Managers Player Awards

Player Of The Season

Iker Muniain

images

Young Player Of The Season

Felipe Garcia Martin

View attachment 256268

Breakthrough Player Of The Season

Alex Aranburu

View attachment 256270

Great story mate!

I've been following for a while but never spoke up until I felt it was necessary!

I have my own Bilbao save, just into 2023 now! I've enjoyed reading your story and making comparisons to my own journey, and there were a lot of differences!

I love my Bilbao save and haven't been able to get into another beloved long term save, and probably won't until FM2013, I think you should keep this save up and go as far as you can, it gets interesting when the likes of Llorente, Martinez, Ander, Muniain ect past their peak and begin to retire, there's more challenges to come for you yet!

Great story mate!

I've been following for a while but never spoke up until I felt it was necessary!

I have my own Bilbao save, just into 2023 now! I've enjoyed reading your story and making comparisons to my own journey, and there were a lot of differences!

I love my Bilbao save and haven't been able to get into another beloved long term save, and probably won't until FM2013, I think you should keep this save up and go as far as you can, it gets interesting when the likes of Llorente, Martinez, Ander, Muniain ect past their peak and begin to retire, there's more challenges to come for you yet!
Cheers mate, I'm loving the save its easily my favourite on any FM game I've played. Glad you're enjoying the story, I'm looking forward to when the big guns like Llorente and Muniain retire too, obviously Llorente is a lot closer but Garcia Martin is more than ready to take the number 9 :P

Thanks for reading :)

Pre Season and August

images

• [*=left]A couple of big names depart
    [*=left]Three new youngsters join
    [*=left]Nigeria ranked Number 1 Nation!
    [*=left]Bilbao move to new stadium San Mames Barria

So we'll kick off with the transfers :

View attachment 256641

So Susaeta, De Marcos and Jon Aurtenetxe were the three big names to leave. Susaeta was moved on to make way for youngster Ezequiel to become back up for Alex Aranburu on the wing. De Marcos was finally sold after spending last season on loan. Finally Aurtenetxe was sold, I was kind of sad about this but he's constantly getting booked/sent off or injured. Salva Ruiz will become first choice left back and new signing Serafin Sanchez Luna will be his back up.

Here's screenies for our new signings

View attachment 256642

Like I said before Sanchez Luna will be back up left back, he has so much potential its crazy.

View attachment 256643

Jose Ortiz was our ''big'' signing this summber costing just over £6M from Betis. Another one with bags of potential.

View attachment 256644

Another youngster with loads of potential, wont feature this year as Llorente and Garcia Martin will be backed up by Jonathan and Santano.

Best 11 for last season

View attachment 256645

Club Reputations

View attachment 256646

Club Rankings

View attachment 256647

Nation Rankings

View attachment 256648

So we made some progress up the club rankings, probably thanks to our good Champions League run. I was amazed to see Nigeria top of the world rankings!! We won all our pre season games I wont bother going into them.

Spanish Super Cup

Athletic Bilbao 0 - 0 Malaga

Malaga 0 - 1 Athletic Bilbao

Llorente

View attachment 256649

So we added the Spanish Super Cup to our growing trophy collection :)

La Liga

Real Madrid 3 - 2 Athletic Bilbao

Garcia Martin(2)

View attachment 256650

So a tough start to our league defense, Garcia Martin is looking good again. He's now classed as a wonderkid :)

Bilbao Player To Watch This Season

Jon Santano

View attachment 256651

Another one of my younsters now classed as a wonderkid, I see him as Llorente's direct replacement. His stats are incredible. He's spent the last 2 years on loan and its done him wonders.

I have a question - Who is your assistant manager and what does he have for judging player potential?

I ask because some of your players star rating for potential seems crazy compared to what I get! I cant remember the last time I got a four-and-a-half star rating for a player. Dont get me wrong some of your youngsters look as though they will be really good but others I wouldnt touch in my game yet they are rated quite high for potential in yours!

I understand that my Bilbao side has won everything etc so that will probably effect the star rating as it in theory should be harder to break into the side but you have started to win things also so I dont know! lol.

Anywho great work as always!

September

images

• [*=left]Bilbao Batter Barcelona
    [*=left]Champions League kicks off with 2 wins
    [*=left]Llorente shows he's still got it!!

La Liga

Malaga 0 - 0 Athletic Bilbao

Athletic Bilbao 1 - 0 Valencia

Garcia Martin

View attachment 256666

Real Betis 1 - 4 Athletic Bilbao

Llorente(3), Aranburu

View attachment 256668

Athletic Bilbao 4 - 1 Barcelona

Llorente, Ortiz, Muniain(2)

View attachment 256669 View attachment 256670

Champions League

Levski 1 - 3 Athletic Bilbao

Iraola, Perez, Santano

View attachment 256671

Athletic Bibao 2 - 0 Olympiakos

Llorente(2)

View attachment 256672

Monthly Review

So a very good month, always good to get off to a great start in the Champions League. Inter are the other team in our group and we all remember what we did to them last season ;). Won all our league games except the Malaga match and Llorente is on fire!! We even rested some players against Barcelona but still smashed them!!

Player Of The Month

Fernando Llorente

images

Goals Galore!!

Tables

View attachment 256675 View attachment 256676

Hi there great story so far, love reading about Bilbao and seeing how people develop their regens. One question I would like to ask is about your tactic, are you using a home made one or is it a download? Just the reason I ask is that when I play I am never able to exploit Muniain's true brilliance, as he rarely scores. Is this game on the latest patch also? Thanks a lot and good luck with your ambitions to become the dominant force in Spain's La Liga

Hi there great story so far, love reading about Bilbao and seeing how people develop their regens. One question I would like to ask is about your tactic, are you using a home made one or is it a download? Just the reason I ask is that when I play I am never able to exploit Muniain's true brilliance, as he rarely scores. Is this game on the latest patch also? Thanks a lot and good luck with your ambitions to become the dominant force in Spain's La Liga

No problem, its my own tactic. Might be similar to some on here I don't know. It is the latest patch mate 12.2.2

View attachment 256686 View attachment 256688

I was having the same problem with Muniain myself but I switched his role from Winger to Inside Forward and he's been immense for me.

View attachment 256689 View attachment 256690 View attachment 256691

Hope this helps

Thanks a lot Sam91, can I just confirm that this is the most recent patch? Yes your Muniain has been fantastic a lot better than I ever seem to be able to get him, and also if you dont mind me asking what Pitch size do you use, opposition instructions etc?

Please ignore that silly question about patch, misread it. Yes your Muniain has been fantastic a lot better than I ever seem to be able to get him, and also if you dont mind me asking what Pitch size do you use, opposition instructions etc? Do you use individual player instructions for any of your players, especially Muniain.

Please ignore that silly question about patch, misread it. Yes your Muniain has been fantastic a lot better than I ever seem to be able to get him, and also if you dont mind me asking what Pitch size do you use, opposition instructions etc? Do you use individual player instructions for any of your players, especially Muniain.

Use the widest pitch size possible, purely so my wingers have more space to whip crosses into Llorente.

I ask my assistant for opposition instructions. For individual player instructions for Muniain play him as an inside forward and attack. Get him training on his long shots and finishing too :).

For team talks (incase you're interested in that too) if we're heavy favourites I assertively tell them I expect a win. If we're underdogs I passionately tell them to Show Me What They Have. At half time if we're winning I normay tell them to not get complacent, or Playing well but I know you can do better. If we're losing and we shouldn't be I Aggresively tell them to Show me something else. If we're losing against a much better opponent I normally so the same but sometimes Passionately tell them to Do it for the fans

October

images

• [*=left]Sergio Llorente bags a brace on debut
    [*=left]Bilbao produce immense comeback against Inter Milan
    [*=left]100% record in the league this month
    [*=left]Youngsters do well in Spanish Cup
    [*=left]Ander Herrera and Mikel Arteta out for this month
La Liga

Athletic Bilbao 3 - 2 Atletico Madrid

Muniain(2), Garcia Martin

View attachment 256705

Athletic Bilbao 2 -0 Sporting

Llorente, Garcia Martin

Villarreal 3 - 5 Athletic Bilbao

San Jose(2), Garcia Martin, Santano, Aranburu

View attachment 256706

Athletic Bilbao 1 - 0 Deportivo

Saul

Spanish Cup

U.D Logrones 0 - 4 Athletic Bilbao

Sergio Llorente(2), Santano, Perez

View attachment 256709

Champions League

Athletic Bilbao 3 - 3 Inter Milan

Javi Martinez, Perez, Garcia Martin

View attachment 256707

Monthly Review

A very good month again, won all our league games. Even though we had to produce a immense comeback against Villarreal. The Spanish Cup was a nice match to field some of the young guns and they did very well, especially Sergio Llorente. We should have done better against Deportivo, but I did again field a weakened side as Deportivo are the basement boys. Inter Milan are a much better side than last season and we so nearly lost the game but Perez came on and stole the show to remind me just why I forked out £13M for him a few seasons back.

Player Of The Month

Iker Muniain

images

Another impressive month from the young lad

Tables

View attachment 256712 View attachment 256713

Back