A Benfica Story: "What really happen in 2012" (feat. Barrack Obama & Homer Simpsons)

Good luck.
Hope there's more "Yuhuuu!!!' than "D'oh" in your journey.

(P.S.: Don't ever leave that bird in charge!)

time for a new entry

Entry #3:The first ever WOOHOO !

It's the time that everybody who is anybody who doesn't have anything to do for 90 minutes that day have been waiting for: Homer's first in charge as the manager of Benfica.

The manager is seen with his usual white shirt and blue jeans on the dug-out.. Looking very serious onto the football pitch... of the game in his handheld PSP.

Although it was only a friendly match between Benfica vs the reserve, the stadium was packed with people from Springfield (and those people who doesn't have anything to do for the next 90 minutes that day) which barely filled 1/100 of the stadium capacity.. Still it was a very great atmosphere..

*120 minutes later...*
*there was a 30 minute delay due to Bart's certain interruption during half time which causes the grass on the pitch have to be replaced*

Benfica 7 - 0 Benfica Reserve
Cardozo 3 goals
Saviola 3 goals
Aimar 1 goal and some assists.

The media waiting outside - all looked surprised with the result. Although it was against only a reserve team, they expected Homer to screw it up.

A roar of cheers filled the air as Homer Simpsons walked out from the stadium - surprisingly looking very sad and sulking.

"I'm a failure. I can't even score a goal in a game against those 5 years old of players. The guys with the red shirt put more ball on the net thingy.."

"But Homer, the guys on the red shirt is your side." said one reporter.

"Really? WOOHOO !!"

And the cheers continues roaring with laughter here and there.

very good mate keep up the good work!

Thank you :)

Entry #4:Dear diary !

Today my boss told me that the transfer window has open. He says that I have to be quick in making my purchases as Mr. Obama only allows 10 days of transaction for this special league. I immediately nod my head like this *nodding* and do what I must do in this kind of situations...

.. go to Goalin' Donuts.

When I got there I met this guy. He said that he will give any donuts I want as long as I sign him. So I answered "Sure. Do you have a pen?". As soon as he gave me his Norwegian pen, I sign him on the forehead as he was bald so it was easier to be done than to make him pull his pants down so I can sign his ****. He laughed and gave me a box of chocolate donuts and said "I'll tell my people to call your people". Again I nodded, not knowing what these people he's talking about.

Just after I finished eating my donuts, the sofaman of the team called me and congratulates me on my first signing. He says that I made a great signing - grabbing a 18 year old Anthony Annan for just £3.5M. Again, I nodded not knowing about anything. But I have to agree, I do have great signature. Lisa just taught me how to do one.

Well it's okay though, it'll get me a chance to give him $3.50 I promised this Annan guy earlier for buying me a coffee.

annan.jpg

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

Well since there is no response :( I'll just gonna be updating now..

___

ENTRY #5:Obasi arrival confuses Homer

Hey it's still me Homer.. and see what they write on the newspaper!

"Simpsons contacted and signed Obasi on a 4 year contract for Benfica"

A representative from Benfica, the man himself Simpsons officially contacted Chinedu Obasi and asked him to join Benfica immediately.

A very brief negotiation was concluded an Obasi have officially joined Benfica on a 4 year contract with a transfer fee around £11m.

Obasi has expressed his joy to play on a higher level compared to his old club Hoffenheim which is sitting on World Club League 2 - a division lower than Benfica's current division.

And he, might just be the last puzzle for Benfica's transfer this season - adding a new dimension of the team's wide play with his blistering pace and flair."

I didn't remember I did that.. or did I really do it?

Thanks..

Yes I'm using Goals Galore.. that will be told later in the story when I employ myself as Assistant Manager :p

Norwegian pen.. is a pen.. from Norway. LOL

Now for a little update..

ENTRY #6: Last minute signing

The club is glad to officially stated that a last minute signing has been made.

Alexandr Anyukov signs a 4 year contract from Zenit for a fee of £7m.
_____

Many has predicted this signing as a flop transfer signing from the father of three - many stating that "Homer is stupid after all" after thinking that he was that good as he was able to ****** up Obasi and Annan. Suprisingly, he agreed that it is going to be a flop transfer.

I know people have been saying that Anyukov is not going to be successful.. on whatever he's doing around here. And yes it is expensive.

You all have to know that.. I was forced by Moe to do this signing..

You see.. Alexandr is Moe's distance cousin that needed a big break. So he forced me to sign him.. or I would not be able to go to his bar anymore.

alexyy.jpg

D'oh !!

With that signing, Homer in his first ever managerial position manage to ****** up 3 signing..

transfero.jpg

i know it says 2008 and 2009.. just add up +4 years :p

Next up is friendlies.. We'll see how Homer does it

its very good mate not many people subscribe to many threads keep up the good work! As people say to me they are reading but sometimes dont comment!

Thanks..
Will update soon..

Playing 3 games currently so updates are not that immediate. :p

I love your Anyukov bit "Moe forced me to sign him!" and please carry this on even if not that many people comment. Just rated this 5-star :p

I love your Anyukov bit "Moe forced me to sign him!" and please carry this on even if not that many people comment. Just rated this 5-star :p

Thanks mate. That really helps knowing there are followers like yourself :)
Gonna continue this thread then.

Cheers

But the thing is, most threadare boring as they are unoganised or just list results. But your one is funny and different.

brilliant story so far has made me laugh a bit aswell will definately be following :)

now for an update

ENTRY #7: FC Benfica Team In-Depth Analysis

Welcome back to SportsCenter..

On today's segment of Team's Corner, we are going to have an in depth analysis of one of the team that is currently placed in World Club League 1 : Benfica FC. Here in our studio we have our expert analysis, Andi Awesome, as well as Benfica's very own manager Homer Simpsons. Good evening gentlements.

First we go to Mr. Awesome. How do you see the players of this team?

Let me just guide through the players one by one as you all might not be familiar due to the recent changes occured.

Goalkeepers
Quim:
The current number 1 goalkeeper for Benfica. The transformation didn't seem to damage his mastery of good reflex

Julio Cesar :
The more all-around type of goalkeeper. Not far behind Quim's ability and it will be interesting how Homer decide which one he will chose

Moreira :
More likely to be a backup goalkeeper.

Central Defenders
Luisao:
The tower defender in the team. With his height advantage and aerial ability, no doubt he will make the first team.

David Luiz:
Top quality marker and now with 18 years young. Another tall defender that would be pick as a first team defender - that is if Homer plays with two defenders or any.

Sidnei:
Top quality defender with a tender age of 16 years young. Most likely to be a rotation but definitely will get more than enough appearance for his age.

Right Backs:
Alexandr Anyukov:
Moe's cousin. Surprisingly pacy. It will be interesting whether Homer will ever gonna use him or not since he's a forced purchased.

Maxi Pereira:
A very versatile, hard working player that can play on virtually any position except for the ends of formation (striker and goalkeeper that is). His all around stats will help in both defend and attack.

Left Backs:
Jorge Ribeiro:
Another all arounder left back which master playing on any left-sided position. Got a feeling that we'll see him a lot with his top class crossing and his fierce left footed piledriver from here and there.

Jose Shaffer:
Another left back with all around stats. A very hard worker man on pitch and will be useful for an attacking formation, if Homer do implement one, since he will definitely need a man that want to run up and down the pitch.

Defensive Midfielder:
Anthony Annan:
A gem of bargain in this transfer by Homer. If there was any anchor man that will stop any attack, Annan undoubtedly will be the number one choice

Javi Garcia
:
More of a deep-lying playmaker than a play stopper. His recent performance have caught the eye of many top European club. Definitely a keeper.

Central Midfielder:
Carlos Martins:
The heart of midfield will be likely given to this guy. Has very good control of the ball. Brilliant passer. Good long shooter. What can you ask more from a central midfielder?

Ramires:
Speed is his middle name. Despite being lacking in his technique ability but his blistering pace will destroy any defense.

Ruben Amorim:
More likely being a backup. His ability to play both in central and defensive midfielder will come handy when injury season strikes.

Right Wingers:
Chinedu Obasi:
Homer's most expensive purchase this season. With the abundance of strikers, Obasi would be likely to be played on right winger. His flash-like pace and flair might be the reason Homer pays 11m for this guy.

Balboa:
Just like Obasi, Balboa is a very speedy player. Although with his lack of technicality, most likely he will be a backup for Obasi.

Jonathan Urretaviscaya:

At 16 years of age, and ability to play on both flanks and more importantly: a very hard name to pronounce, Jonathan Urr... well he's a good player okay?

Left Wingers:
Angel di Maria:
Benfica's priced possesion. Despite the alienation a couple weeks earlier, his ability is barely affected and still remain as one of the brightest player in Benfica, or world. Now come in a younger, fresher age of sixteen.

Fabio Coentrao:
Another Benfica's young star. Just like Maria, being only sixteen years young and his ability no doubt twice the better of a person twice his weight. (Well duh!)

Attacking Midfielders:
Pablo Aimar:
Benfica's star player. His ability is barely affected but his age is certainly is. With this younger version of Aimar, he is a top player in this division.

Felipe Menezes:
Brazilian backup for Aimar. How good Aimar's ability makes me wanna puke seeing how his backup ability when compared.

Strikers
Nuno Gomes:
Have been playing for Benfica for more than 10 years now and from the looks of it he will get another 10-15 years of playing in this club. Very good complete striker.

Javier Saviola:
Saviola is the man when it comes to chasing down the ball and bang it in to the goal. His dribbling ability will be dangerous, making him a top quality marksman.

Oscar Cardozo:
Now in 18 years young of age and ability that is godlike for his age, Cardozo remains as one of the most dangerous finisher and target man in the world. Somehow his ability didn't affected much during the alienation.

Keirrison:
A loan from Barcelona. With the quality strikers Benfica already have, I recommend Barca to terminate this loan and call him back ASAP.

Well I guess that is it... I will really look forward to see how the first 11 is going to be.
With all the balanced player this team have, it will be a very very (oh wait it's Homer) very very difficult decision for the manager

Very true. It will be very interesting to see how it all go in this division.

And that is today's segment of Team's Corner. Back to you Mike.

----------------------

*I wonder when my turn to speak is....

Hmmmmmmmm donnuts....*

__

*Currently uploading the pictures of individual player which can be seen if you click the player's name...

Wait for it guys..

Just found out this thread, it was an awesome reading, the story type reminds me of some in portuguese forums where people would put more emphasis in creating a reason to why they were chosen to be the manager and giving a personality to their manager. Sad that you stoped updating it, got to say as well that when you're doing something with so much creativity you should try to avoid using many great things in a very close time. Show people that you are able to make them laugh and save those "cards" so you build the expectations inside of their heads.

Again would love to see it continue, Anyukov in 10.2 gave me a great help btw and I would be scared if my best option was just Jorge Ribeiro for the left side XD

Haha thank you for reading it first of all.. Yeah I stopped updating since there were no comments after I post so I thought these kind of stories isn't really popular here.. Or maybe because its just me - a newbie - who writes it. Haha.

thanks for the writing input as well.. Much appreciated. This is my first ever writing after all so I have no experienxe whatsoever on the technical stuffs. Haha.. Maybe I'll update sometime in the future and make it better.

I've been reading but I don't always post. Great stuff and I hope it continues. :)

Just read through this, very funny, I like the concept as a whole too, will be good to see which team of wonderkids wins.