How long will it take Cadbury to get into the Football League?

• Total voters

ben274

Reaction score
Cadbury Athletic​

Club Information

cadbury.png

Cadbury Athletic F.C. is an amateur football club based in Birmingham, England, and affiliated with the Cadbury confectionary company. The club currently plays in the Midland Football Combination Premier Division.

Cadbury Athletic was formed in 1994 and immediately gained entry to the Midland Combination Division Three. The club is affiliated with the Cadbury factory based in Bournville, using the company's logo as its badge and even playing in Cadbury's corporate colours of purple and white. Although the Cadbury factory does boast its own sports ground, the first team currently play their home matches at Lye Meadow in Alvechurch, the home of Alvechurch F.C..
Cadbury finished ninth in their first season in Division Three but were nonetheless promoted to Division Two. In 2000-01 they were promoted to Division One and then in 2004-05 gained promotion to the Premier Division, where they remain to this day. In the 2006-07 season they entered the FA Vase for the first time, followed a year later by their debut in the FA Cup.

Club Records

Best league performance: 11th in Midland Combination Premier Division, 2008-09
Best FA Cup performance: Extra Preliminary Round - 3 times
Best FA Vase performance: First Round - 2007-08
Midland Football Combination Challenge Vase: Winners - 2000/01

bbc_news.jpg

Cadbury Signal Intent

With the drama of the Kraft Foods takeover of Cadbury finished, the American's are trying to recover some good publicity. The new board seem to have decided that the best way to increase their popularity with the British population is through the nations sport.

This is why they have evaluated the Cadbury sponsored football team. The American's seem to have decided that they should not be linked with a club who are in such a lowly league. This does not mean selling the club, however, as CEO of Kraft Irene Rosenfeld has publicly promised to keep the football club. Instead they are evaluating the potential and attempting to elevate the club to higher levels of football.

Irene Rosenfeld was speaking at the World Economic Forum:

irene-rosenfeld-2009-1-30-12-35-50.jpg

" We at Kraft are so pleased Cadbury has joined our family of Businesses. We also are grateful for the local people who are based near the Bournville Factory, who have accepted the move and continue to work at our company. We want to give something back to the British people, and so we are going to provide the people of Bournville with a top class soccer team! This will mean we are going to be proactive and fully evaluate the club that Cadbury have sponsored since 2008, Cadbury Athletic.

Now this will not mean more money spent on the club, but we will bring in some top guys to manage the side, and this will start by putting in one of our brightest, and most promising executives into the club"

BBC Sport will update this story as soon as the new manager is announced. You can find out more on Cadbury Athletic in the Non League section of the website

0,,10794~6291839,00.gif

New Manager Appointed
The speculation on the job for the Cadbury Athletic Club is over. Kraft have announced that their Junior Marketing Executive, Ben, is taking over the reigns.

business_travel.jpg

Ben landed in the town of Bournville from Manhattan last night, on

He was flew in on Kraft CEO Irene Rosenfeld's personal jet with his PA's. It is a sure sign that the Americans are trying to please the British press and population, especially as Ben is English himself.

"You know, I've always wanted to manage a football club, so as soon as the Cadbury Football Project was announced I immediately requested the transfer. I will still have some responsibility in the business aspect of Kraft, as otherwise I would only receive the £150 a week from the football side. However, as the club rise in leagues I expect to transfer more and more of my time to the football aspect."

"What are my aspirations? Well, the Premier League! In business I have learned that you must strive for the top in everything, and this is why I have set such a high aim. It is a long run thing, we are in Tier 10 after all! I can see me in this job for the next 20 or 30 years!"

Last edited:
Interesting story,I will follow and I hope you keep to it

yeah, i'm using the database with extra divisions...there in the lowest, tier 10!

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

first update to follow soon, going to play all friendlies then post

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

bbcsport.2.u.png

The Season Starts For Cadbury!

August 9th 2009
Only a few weeks have passed since Ben was installed into the position of manager at Cadbury, but he has wasted no time in making vast changes to the club. Within days of being at the club, Ben switched the captaincy to the new centre back Joe Kennedy. This move is not only surprising as Kennedy is a new player, but he is also only 18. Aiding Kennedy in leading the squad is his partner in defence, Danny Harvey.Not only has there been big changes to the squad but also the run up to the season has differed, as Ben took the side to Brazil and Argentina for friendly matches against San Martín and S Boca Júnior de FC. The sqaud then returned to europe for games in Italy and France, against Atletico Puteolana and Cosmo Ermont/ Taverny, and finally to England to play Glenn Hoddle Academy, Alvechurch, Knaphill, Cadbury Heath and RTB Ebbw Vale.

See below the picture for how Ben's side have got on in pre season friendlies.

The Results

San Martín 3 - 1 Cadbury Athletic
Goal - Craig Broomes (75)

Boca Junior 3 - 0 Cadbury Athletic

Atletico Puteolana 0 - 1 Cadbury Athletic
Goal - Craig Broomes (79)

Ermont/Taverny 0 - 2 Cadbury Athletic
Goals - Joe Kennedy (45), James Wake (76)

Cadbury Athletic 1 - 3 GH Academy
Goal - Vince Chenoweth (34)

Cadbury Athletic 0 - 0 Alvechurch

Cadbury Athletic 1 - 1 Knaphill
Goal - Peter Cole (63)

Cadbury Heath 1 - 0 Cadbury Athletic

Cadbury Athletic 0 - 0 RTB Ebbw Vale

It was a very promising pre season, with the club raising its profile overseas, and benefiting in lucrative appearance fees at the respective clubs. The manager will also be surely pleased at the invaluable experience that it gave the players, as they were treated like top footballers while abroad. It is part of a long, ongoing process in changing the club to a professional side.

Player of the Tour - Joe Kennedy

joe_kennedy_txt.jpg

mfc1.jpg

Last edited:
Transfers

Players In

James Palmer - 21 - CM - Gloucester City - Loan
Joe Kennedy - 18 - CB - Free
Danny Harvey - 21 - CB - Stourport Swifts - Free
Colin Cassidy - 21 - GK - Free
Tom Hancock - 22 - AMRLC - Dudley Sports - Loan (Loan Terminated)
Brett James - 19 - AMRLC - Gloucester City - Loan
Charlie Jones - 18 - CM - Stafford Rangers - Loan
Loyisso Recci - 19 - RB - Solihull Moors - Loan

Players Out

None

Star Buy - Joe Kennedy
The Captain and ex Liverpool U18 Captain

joe_kennedy_txt.jpg

Last edited:
Look out for James Shipperly as a centre half he played for my halifax team and has 16 heading.

Nice story mate, looks interesting, i will be following. Check out mine too mate ;)

cheers, update of 1st month of season will come today, need to go to work first though!

If you want any screenshots just say

sky-sports-news.jpg

The League Race Begins!

August 2009

After an empty summer break with little competitive football, all football fans will surely be looking eagerly forward to the start of the season. The fans of the Midland Football Combination Premier Division look to be set for an exciting season, with a fierce promotion battle. Favourites seem to be Racing Club Warwick, Pelsall Villa and Bolehall Swifts, with Cadbury Athletic and Brocton thought to have an outside chance.

The drastically developed Cadbury Athletic play 3 teams in August, with league contenders Pelsall Villa forming a formidable opening opponent. Although Cadbury are favourites in both of the concluding games, against Dotshill Colts and Pershore Town. So Ben should really be aiming for at least 6 points, maybe even 7; but what ever the score it should lead to exciting weekends for the men of the Midlands!

Results​

443.gif

Pelsall Villa 1 - 3 Cadbury Athletic
GOALS: Kyle Franklin (18, 53), Nathan Adamson (66), Anthos Damianou (90+2)

n88586002853_721.jpg

Cadbury Athletic 1 - 0 Dotshill Colts
GOALS: James Palmer (45+1)

150px-PershoreTown.jpg

Pershore Town 0 - 1 Cadbury Athletic
GOALS: James Hutton (OG 29)

A great start to the season for Cadbury Athletic after winning all three opening games, especially beating the promotion favourites Pelsall Villa in the opening game with an emphatic result with a 3 - 1 win. Another plus is that the only goal that the side conceded was in the dying seconds against a top opposition. All in all with the side placed 3rd, they look in good stead for a promotion push.

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 07:17 PM ----------

0,,10794~5247766,00.jpg

Busy Month for Cadbury Athletic

September 2009

After a quiet opening month with only 3 games, the season will really take off in September, with the club scheduled to play 6 matches in the month. They are sure to be in for a tricky start also with pre season favourites Bolehall Swifts. They will then play Coventry Copsewood, Racing Club Warwick, Castle Vale and Walsall Wood in the league. Ben's side also face the Headington A's in the FA Vase 2nd Qualifying Round, which is certainly a lucrative competition for any non-league side, with £1000 if the club win, and this may help the club fill the rumoured £180 per week surplus being spent on wages.

The club have been in good form, with the first 3 games bringing in 9 points, and they will want to continue this run, and keep winning, starting with Bolehall Swifts

Bolehall_Swifts.png

Cadbury Athletic 2 - 2 Bolehall Swifts
GOALS: Ian Liddle (1, 27), Mark Morgan, Michael Hart (pen. 79)

generic-crest.gif

Coventry Copsewood 1 - 1 Cadbury Athletic
GOALS: Kyle Franklin (28), Steve Watts (39)

Racing-club-warwick.jpg

Cadbury Athletic 2 - 1 Racing Club Warwick
GOALS: Delton Francis (19), David Robinson (67), Jordan Blower (24)

1269437267.gif

Headington A's 1 - 1 Cadbury Athletic
GOALS: Charlie Jones (53), Scott Dodds (76)

1269437267.gif

Cadbury Athletic 2 - 0 Headington A's
GOALS: Colin Carr-Lawton (56), Delton Francis (88),

CastleValeFCbadge.jpg

Castle Vale 1 - 1 Cadbury Athletic
GOALS: Delton Francis (20), Simon Weale (85)

WalsallWoodFC.jpg

Cadbury Athletic 1 - 2 Walsall Wood
GOALS: Joe Beale (14), Charlie Jones (52), Thomas Haynes (87)

Leaving Cadbury Athletic at 2nd place, September was a good month, however Ben has voiced concerns over the sides tendency to draw games. While Cadbury are in a good position in the league, Ben has said their aim is to win, and sitting 7 points off the lead already is a worrying sight. On the other hand, Ben is hoping that his 5 new transfers made in September will help the club achieve its aims!

Player of the Month - Loyisso Recci (RB)

Loanee right back from Solihull Moors

150px-SolihullMoors.png

---------- Post added at 12:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

signContract.jpg

TRANSFER UPDATE

Cadbury has brought in 5 new faces September, all released players on free's, although this does take the wage budget to a worrying £180 over.

Delton Francis & Colin Carr-Lawton have both joined to boost the clubs attack, and are widely tipped to be key first team players forming an exciting attack, perhaps even worthy of a tier 9 team! David Robinson and Chris Newton provide new, improved wings, and then Kevin Thick comes in at starting left-back, replacing the out-going Scott Brightwell, who has gone to Horley Town

Players In - September

Delton Francis - 31 - AM/FC - Free
Colin Carr-Lawton - 31 - ST - Free
David Robinson - 34 - M LC - Free
Chris Newton - 29 - AM R - Free
Kevin Thick - 26 - D/WB/M L - Free

Players Out - September

Scott Brightwell - 27 - LB - Free - Horley Town

Star Buy - Delton Francis
A Return to Football After 5 Years!

---------- Post added at 12:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

iphone_bbc_sport_uk.jpg

Takeover Rumours

Yet another rumour about the takeover of Cadbury! But this one is not for the mother company but the football club! A Consortium, including a retired footballer, are weighing up a bid for the club, however Cadbury have said that any bid accepted must allow the club to remain a Cadbury, and therefore Kraft, business. Any new chairmen and consortium's will only have a stake in the club.

More to follow once talks have advanced.

stock_prices350_4a515b452917d.jpg

Takeover Rumour Update - October 8th 2009

New rumours were circulating this week about the likely bid for Cadbury Athletic. The favourite now seems to be a consortium headed by the Russian Tycoon Andrey Gromov. He has said he is willing to put into the club upwards of £22K this year. The Oligarch money will certainly help the club in progressing, and the partnership of the American Kraft and Russian Gromov will surely be a team tough enough for anything!​

---------- Post added at 12:18 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 12:52 AM ----------

0,,10794~4773823,00.gif

Disappointing Month for Cadbury Athletic

October 2009

FAV_Carlsberg198x148.jpg
mfc1.jpg

Cadbury were targeting a strong season to push the league leaders Walsall Wood for first place. But first they were playing Warminster Town in the FA Vase 1st Round, then 5 league games, against Southam United, Nuneatan Griff, Alvestone, Continental Star and Bartley Green. The team really need a good few matches if they are to obtain that top spot!

warminstertownfc01-thumb-909559.jpg
southamunitedladies01-thumb-766256.jpg
nuneatongrifffc-thumb-401835.png
alveston-thumb-1465915.jpg
logoMaster(3).jpg
bartleygreenfc-thumb-124641.jpg

Results

Warminster Town 2 - 1 Cadbury Athletic

GOALS: Andrew Jones (2, 32), Mark Townsend (pen 84)

Southam United 1 - 0 Cadbury Athletic
GOALS: Colin Hughes (90 + 1)

Nuneaton Griff 2 - 3 Cadbury Athletic
GOALS: Delton Francis (3) Kyle Franklin (pen 42) Joe Kennedy (44 O.G.), Peter Lukic (70), Chris Newton (77)

Alveston 0 - 3 Cadbury Athletic
GOALS: Colin Carr-Richards (17, 45), Chris Newton (50)

Cadbury Athletic 0 - 1 Continental Star
GOALS: Luke Harvey (73)

Bartley Green 1 - 1Cadbury Athletic
GOALS: Delton Francis (pen. 3), Kieron Fearon (pen. 48)

So overall not the emphatic month which Cadbury were hoping for. 2 wins, 2 losses and 1 draw, pretty mediocre, and very disappointing to be out of the FA Vase, as it is a fairly lucrative competition. Ben is putting the reason for the lacklustre performances as the response to the completely new squad. The players are still getting used to each other, and moral is a little low, but in time it should pick up, and after all they are still 2nd with 5 points off the lead. As with the takeover bid, an embargo on transfers has been installed, and despite a momentary glitch of hesitation my Gromov, it looks now to be very positive.

Player of the Month - The Right Back Loyiso Reci Again!
Average form 7.06

Last edited:
Unlucky, keep going though mate.. hopefully you get the takeover and it's a billionaire :D

cheers Tykeyo, hopefully will come good!

Yeah it says hes a moscow tycoon and willing to but in upwards of 24K this season... doesnt sound much but in tier 10 that will be a big difference

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

cadbury.png

PRESS RELEASE: Consortium Pull Out

With regret the Club Chairman, Phil Case, would like to inform the fans of the club that the consortium of investors, fronted by the Russian Tycoon Mr. Gromov, have pulled out of the bid. The consortium have suffered from a lack of funds due to Mr Gromov pulling out. Therefore, the transfer embargo is hereby lifted and the chairman wishes to thank the club staff and fans in their patience during a fairly stressful time. He does, however, wish to remind the fans that it is not over, and it would be " unwise to rule out the possibility of the Moscow-based businessman investing in the club in the future"

The Board,
Cadbury Athletic​

I like the sound of this story, been as though I can see Cadburys from my back window of my house!

Nice story so far, haha you beat Pelsall Villa! They are right next to me :D Knew someone who played for them too.

sky-sports-news.jpg

Frustrating November!

November 2009

After a poor run in October, Cadbury Athletic were looking to bounce back with winning form. The side were facing Massey Ferguson, Brocton, Pilkington *** and Heather St Johns, which aside from Pilkington *** are all mid table sides who Cadbury should beat easily.

massey_ferguson_logo.png
150px-BroctonFC.jpg
PilkXXX.jpg
falcons2009-thumb-954559.jpg

Results​

Cadbury Athletic 0 - 0 Massey Ferguson

Brocton 2 - 0 Cadbury Athletic
GOALS: Anthony Beale (70, 88)

Cadbury Athletic 2 - 2 Pilkington ***
GOALS: Keith Richardson (5), Terry Steer (O.G. 53), Delton Francis (63), Andy Driver (85), Colin Carr-Lawton Missed Penalty (88)

Cadbury Athletic 2 - 0 Heather St John's
GOALS: Kevin Thick (25), Brett James (90 + 3)

So a poor run, only stopped by the win against Heather St John's. The win came after Cadbury gaffer, Ben, gambled and tinkered with the tactics. The changes seem to have been for the better, with a solid 2 - 0 win, which brings them to 4th position, albeit having played a game more then the rest of the league. In other news Cadbury have drawn fellow Combination Premier Division side Southam United in the Midlands League Cup, and with a cash bonus of £500 every round the side progress, they will want to stay in the competition for as long as possible!

southamunitedladies01-thumb-766256.jpg

Player of the Month: Chris Newton
A right winger, enjoying football after an 8 year stint out of the game.

---------- Post added at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 AM ----------

By the way guys, if I'm missing anything in the story let me know! This is my first proper story!

Last edited: