a fair form boost with football manager 14 to make it more realistic

neon76

Reaction score
get the ingame editor and after every 6 premier league games and not the 36th one
just try and get to the end like you are and see how your tactic is then!

its fair cause its just like how the high scoring tactics work to increase and keep morale.
but fail when they get thrashed as well.
so try and get a consistent tactic and do the form boost after every six games but for 8 for 30 to 38.
and see how you go then.
your tactic might work then and if it doesnt then try and watch a full game of it and see the problems especially with superb morale!
maybe you need another defender or a new goalie.

just to help people playing the game and it doesnt cost that much but dont use it more than that or it would be cheating i think then.
so if struggling do a fair morale boost.

and to people saying im cheating its all your doing winning sometimes 4-0 and getting a morale boost and replaying the games so you dont get thrashed cause those tactics usually get thrashed as well.
and to others who do maybe a form boost every game as well.

it should be called a morale boost maybe and can be done with the in game editor and go to the team menu and the spanner icon.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what you are trying to get at here...? But without an editor, you can boost morale by winning games, private chats that go well with players, team chats that go right, and new contracts are the best ways I find. Also, if you are struggling to win a game or morale is low, arrange a friendly against a small team so you shouldn't have trouble winning and your strikers can find form along with a morale boost.

i know that but its fairer without stuffing around that much with the ingame editor and doing it superb every 6 games

The game is already fair with all of these legit ways to do it without an editor.

i think sports interactive wont mind. i dont think they want people struggling to do better than theyre real team does and getting sacked a lot (cause 4 mediocre seasons can still get you the sack!) would like to take on the challenge. and its just supporting sports interactive more and you swear you dont replay games then and say what your best for fm 14 is in titles or cups and then if great then why not do a challenge trying to do it with a championship team then!

and most importantly they can maybe use theyre own tactic then like i do :)

recently i won the league with spurs once with fm 13 i think it was with the arrigo sacchi 442 tactic but it only had dm's no am's and it come down to the final day. i want to play properly with my team and not replay games and the best way to do that is with the in game editor and its supporting sports interactive :)

what about for people who wantt o watch theyre team full game and how the tactic plays then and the goals scored then. try and watch your game full game and see if you like how you play. its better to have a realistic tactic that scores beautiful goals and watch it full game with the effort sports interactive have put in for the full game! i remember playing with just text commentary and still loved the game but not as much as now with it being like nearly like the premier league!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! try and play realistically which is good with a 4 2 3 1 with wingers like some of the great tactics do but what about the other not as good teams your forgetting about them i think and how hard i think it is to play well with them. how many old fm's had tactics great which werent realistic?

Last edited:
I'm not sure I understand the need of this thread? You're saying something is fair, and asking people to do it.. Not everyone's opinion will be the same, and people will do what they want to do, despite someone else considering it fair or not. For e.g, what you suggested may seem fair to you but not me.

tl;dr;; People will do what they want to do, no use telling em to follow a particular method and trying to justify it (in this scenario). Move on.

recently i won the league with spurs once with fm 13 i think it was with the arrigo sacchi 442 tactic but it only had dm's no am's and it come down to the final day. i want to play properly with my team and not replay games and the best way to do that is with the in game editor and its supporting sports interactive :)
i think sports interactive wont mind. i dont think they want people struggling to do better than theyre real team does and getting sacked a lot (cause 4 mediocre seasons can still get you the sack!) would like to take on the challenge. and its just supporting sports interactive more and you swear you dont replay games then and say what your best for fm 14 is in titles or cups and then if great then why not do a challenge trying to do it with a championship team then!

and most importantly they can maybe use theyre own tactic then like i do :)
I don't replay games and I won the back to back promotion with Crewe Alexandra (League 1 in the English League system to start) while using my own tactic and no editor/cheating with morale boost. If you know how to play properly and understand the sport it should be easy to win the league with Spurs in any first season and I don't think many people struggle to do well most of the time, and four seasons of mediocre could get you the sack but you should improve every year unless your club is doing bad in finances to start. The game is fair with morale and there are plenty of ways to boost morale without using an editor as I've said before. I don't see a need for a "Morale Boost" every five games or so like you say. Isn't that the same as reloading a game every five games until you win so your team gets a morale boost?
what about for people who wantt o watch theyre team full game and how the tactic plays then and the goals scored then. try and watch your game full game and see if you like how you play. its better to have a realistic tactic that scores beautiful goals and watch it full game with the effort sports interactive have put in for the full game! i remember playing with just text commentary and still loved the game but not as much as now with it being like nearly like the premier league!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! try and play realistically which is good with a 4 2 3 1 with wingers like some of the great tactics do but what about the other not as good teams your forgetting about them i think and how hard i think it is to play well with them. how many old fm's had tactics great which werent realistic?
People like to watch their team full game, I do this when I'm playing because I like to see what is happening so I can fix it so I win. I enjoy how my team plays, I play with a 4-3-3 and possession and normally have like 65% possession. I try to play as realistically as I can to start, too, but you have to improve somehow by getting better players, so you have to buy some big people at some point.

I'm not sure I understand the need of this thread? You're saying something is fair, and asking people to do it.. Not everyone's opinion will be the same, and people will do what they want to do, despite someone else considering it fair or not. For e.g, what you suggested may seem fair to you but not me.

tl;dr;; People will do what they want to do, no use telling em to follow a particular method and trying to justify it (in this scenario). Move on.
This is exactly how I feel. I don't understand the point to this, and see no need for it. I feel like its the same as saving and reloading before every game until you win.

People like to watch their team full game, I do this when I'm playing because I like to see what is happening so I can fix it so I win.

Just curious, how long does it take for you to complete a season? Do you watch every game in its entirety? That must be very time-consuming.

its not the same cause you play with the morale boost and still can lose some games. if you replay every game then youll probablly win every game and it not be exciting :( a superb morale boost every six premier league games is fair and if you still struggle then like a lot with their own tactic then maybe look to the better tactics. my tactic here http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...great-defense-superb-goals-3.html#post2298507 plays like the premier league and is successful enough. i think yours wouldnt play like the premier league????? if it does then great i will have to use your tactic and post it on the thread

i can play about 6-8 full games a day so a season would take about 6-7 days

its fair for people who want to use their own tactic and are struggling like a lot of people maybe do. mine plays great for the full game so maybe they could play with mine or use the pass into space shout and higher tempo shout to play more beautifully at the expense of losing a few games which will be countered by doing the 6 premier league game form boost. otherwise i think these football manager players will resort to playing games again and that is what is unfair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do you agree replaying games is unfair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its fair for people who want to use their own tactic and are struggling like a lot of people maybe do. mine plays great for the full game so maybe they could play with mine or use the pass into space shout and higher tempo shout to play more beautifully at the expense of losing a few games which will be countered by doing the 6 premier league game form boost. otherwise i think these football manager players will resort to playing games again and that is what is unfair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do you agree replaying games is unfair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfair to who, exactly? What a person does in his career mode is surely left upto him? Kinda hypocritical to use the editor to modify something to boost winning, and then call something else cheating.. There are plenty of ways to win w/o editor, and even losses don't drastically hurt morale.

If they're struggling then they're obviously not appreciating the realism of the game. Look at the BPL as an example, there's arguably a "top 6" of dominant/big teams, which used to be a "top 4". In other words, one could argue that 14 teams are struggling. That's almost 75% of the league. Yet you expect to use your tactic to win games, and when you fail to do so you can just swoosh a magic wand around to boost morale and call it fair? Has it ever occured to you that if you're struggling, you might be doing something wrong? I suppose not, because if you did you would adress that instead of cheating and calling it fair.

By the way, one exclamation mark would suffice.

People can use the editor if they want. On FM13 I would use the editor to renew all my staffs contract to save like 10 minutes of annoying clicking. Cheating? Yeah I guess, harmless cheating though imo.

i agree with jean luc and what your not appreciating is its supporting sports interactive not like goals galore tactics and then when you watch full game (like i do) they play cr** and get thrashed to compensate for winning a lot 5-0 or whatever.
why do you want to win 5-0 all the time anyway, its exciting matches that are closer and they dont need to all be that though and its great to win by a lot sometimes too.
but i have a tactic thats like the premier league on full game so i just want to morale boost every six premier league games and then its more realistic and fun and i could play with my better tactic and that wins more but i dont like how it plays full game. watch my twitch videos on the tactic thread on the first page ( i think it is )
and its very enjoyable and supports sports interactive too.
maybe they should see that and have that as default pass into space on as a shout and have pass into space shout then do more than that.

Last edited:
anyway i think if i put that after 6 game form boosts are ok then others will get the official sports interactive in game editor and do that too. by the way ive won the premier league first season with my ps vita fm classic game with spurs and my tactic for this without shouts so you should try and do a tactic for that cause its limited the formations that you can use.