Granada FC

View attachment 362415

July 2014

Season Expectations

View attachment 362416

So a rather hefty budget for my small side and the players i am looking for are 2 new DC's an MC and maybe a backup winger and of course some youth

Transfers In

Leroy Fer MC £0

View attachment 362417

Probably the biggest coup for my side to date, he is on another level for our side in the centre of the park and will go straight into the side.

Cristian Tello AMRL £8.75million

View attachment 362418

An amazing player who will be a Spain regular in the future i was so happy to be able to secure this signing for so cheap after he was transfer listed.

Diego Godin DC £9.5million

View attachment 362419

Slightly more than i wanted to pay for him but all the other DC's at his level were going for too much, Ryan Shawcross was transfer listed at £18.5million!

Andreu Fontas £1.7million

View attachment 362422

Fontas comes in from Barca and has the chance to be even better than Godin and was a steal for just a fraction of the price.

Fabio RLB £0

View attachment 362423

Not as good as his brother but is a versatile defender and a good signing for us especially with no fee.

Guillermo Ochoa £0

View attachment 362424

I didnt want the same problem i had last season when Ospina was out for 6 weeks and i had a poor gk as backup, he may end up getting mad if he doesnt play but a free transfer and small wages im happy with the deal.

Admir Mehmedi ST £4.9million

View attachment 362426

A young decent backup striker added to the ranks to come on for goalscorer Destro when he gets tired

I also signed these 3 players as backups slash players for the future, its all about filling the squad with class so my side doesnt have too many 2 star rated players in the squad

View attachment 362427View attachment 362428View attachment 362429

Granada Transfer History

View attachment 362430

A lot of 2 star fringe players left with contracts up or for nominal fees including Ortiz, Pudil Inigo Martinez, Machis, Rico and Yebda.

So what do you think of the transfers for the new season

Nice signings there mate, Fer should be brilliant in the centre for you!! Doing great with Granada!!

Slowly filling your squad up with strength in depth. Maybe another good season this year and another good window should allow you to break the top 2 next season.

Slowly filling your squad up with strength in depth. Maybe another good season this year and another good window should allow you to break the top 2 next season.
Thanks man yeah strength in depth is key especially now we are in europe, a lot of the players are young too so another season or two and they will be right up there, real madrid are there for the taking but Barca will be a hard nut to crack!

Nice signings there mate, Fer should be brilliant in the centre for you!! Doing great with Granada!!
I know i couldnt believe we got him on a free i had a week of all my bosman targets going to other clubs and he decided to join us at the end of it i was well chuffed, just need a new partner for him now with Nekounam getting on a bit

Granada FC

View attachment 362643

August 2014

La Liga Odds

View attachment 362644

We are classed as 4th favourites for the league a **** of an achievement as when i took over 2 years ago we were touted as relegation candidates.

Tactic and First Team

View attachment 362647

Players coming in are Fer, Fontas and Fabio, Godin will probably get a starting place soon ahead of Diakhate and Tello will be ahead of Gavilan, will be interesting to see what we can do with a whole season with the likes of Hughes, Destro and Allione.

Champions League Group Stages

View attachment 362648

Not a bad group to get we should be able to challenge Galatasary and Marseille to a good game and even Man City are playing poorly at the moment.

Aims for new Season

Come 2nd in the League
Spanish Cup quarter finals
Champions league knockout stages
Have a player score 20 goals

La Liga
Malaga 1 - 2 Granada
Destro 3 Fer 31
Nekounam sent off 89

After a relatively easy opening game Nekounam decides to give away a penalty and get sent off with seconds to go.

La Liga
Granada 3 - 1 Deportivo
Hughes 8 Destro 13 Gavilan 17

What a good start as we destroy Deportivo in a matter of moments and it was bad finishing which saved Deportivo from further humiliation.

La Liga
Real Betis 2 - 2 Granada
Gavilan 81 Rico 88

After a good start to the season Betis outplayed us completely in this match but after 3 subs and going on overload we managed to grab 2 goals back with minutes to go.

La Liga Table

View attachment 362651

Means very little at this early stage of the season but its nice to see us were we belong at the top of the table!

Stats

View attachment 362652

Young AMR Allione has had an amazing start to the season and has had his hand in a lot of the goals and chances we have created so far.

Player of the Month Jaime Gavilan

View attachment 362654

Gavilan has scored a couple of good goals this month and when hes not on the treatment table is an amazing player.

La Liga Top Transfers

View attachment 362656

Barca and Real both spend around £50million each not a lot considering how much more money they get in TV deals than we do.

Granada FC

View attachment 362665

September 2014

Champions League Odds

View attachment 362666

We are a long way off competing for the Champions League but the fact that we are seen as a decent team makes me proud, if we have a good year next season we will hopefully not be 4th in the seedings.

La Liga
Granada 2 - 0 Valladolid
Fer 43 Fontas 87

A couple of good solo struck efforts give us a decent win against lowly Valladolid and help us stay top for the time being.

Champions League Group Stage
Marseille 1 - 2 Granada
Rico 57 Destro 66

Destro grabs his 3rd goal of the season and we get our first 3 points of the new Champions League campaign, 2nd place is very much our target.

La Liga
Granada 2 - 2 Villareal
Fontas 25 Allione 38

Two early goals and it looked like we had the game in the bag but they came back with 2 sloppy goals to leave a sour taste for my 100th game in charge of Granada.

View attachment 362684

La Liga
Celta 1 - 1 Granada
Nekounam pen 56

Theres the early season form out the window as we struggle to draw against relegation threatened Celta with a penalty our only saving grace.

La Liga Table

View attachment 362686
We quickly start to slip back down the league as we struggle in recent matches hopefully we can improve or at least have good season in europe.

Stats

View attachment 362687

Player of the Month Fontas

View attachment 362688

Fontas has really looked the part this month and has grabbed a couple of decent headed goals from corners.

Granada FC

View attachment 362764

October 2014

Huge month for the club as we play Real Madrid, Barcelona and Man City all in the space of a couple of weeks.

Granada 6 - 3 Man City
Fontas 1 Hughes 40 Fer 53, 83 Allione 59 Nekounam pen 68

What a result! One of the biggest in the clubs history but not just in terms of goals scored, the fact it was against Man City is incredible.

View attachment 362765

La Liga
Levante 1 - 3 Granada
Mehmedi 30 Destro 52 Halilovic 88

Another good win as they give us a nervy end with a late goal before young Croatian Halilovic scores a 35 yard worldy to finish the game off.

La Liga
Granada 2 - 1 Barcelona
Fer 45 Allione 73

Barca had the better chances in the first half but after a few changes at half time we took the game to them and came out on top, Barca have started poorly and this is not the unbeatable side of last season.

View attachment 362766

Galatasary 1 - 1 Granada
Hughes 67

Not a bad result away from home in the hostile Turkish stadium and if we secure a victory in our home game against them next we would have qualified for the knockout stages.

La Liga
Real Madrid 3 - 0 Granada

Well after the amazing recent results against Barca and Man City we come crashing back down to earth with a thud with Real outclassing us from start to finish.

Spanish Cup 4th rnd 1st leg
Mirandes 0 - 2 Granada
Gomez 7 Aydin 50

Not a bad result away from home, the cup is the least of my concerns at the moment so eveyone that played had not played more than a game already this season.

La Liga Table

View attachment 362767

Currently back were we belong in 3rd place but suprise package Sevilla could be our undoing this season as Barca and Real always come good by the end of the season.

La Liga Stats

View attachment 362768

Negredo is having a good start to the season hence why Sevilla are doing well and Real's new signing Mueller has grabbed a few goals as Ronaldo and Messi are not even in sight.

Player of the Month Leroy Fer

View attachment 362769

Leroy Fer was the most important player on the pitch in our two huge wins this month against Man City and Barca this month.

Granada FC

View attachment 363178

November 2014

Mattias Destro will be out for up to 5 months with a serious injury! We are seriously screwed unless Mehmedi comes up with the goods.

View attachment 363182

La Liga
Granada 3 - 1 Real Sociedad
Rico 3, 16 Hughes 9

A brilliant result thanks to the midfield maestro's scoring some wonderful goals in the opening quarter of an hour.

Granada 2 - 0 Galatasary
Tello 29 Halilovic 56

Well another amazing result in Europe this time from my wingers as we qualify from the group stages with ease and 2 games to spare!

View attachment 363186

La Liga
Athletic 0 - 3 Granada
Fontas 24 Hughes 26 Mehmedi 50

I thought it was going to be the midfield that do all the scoring again until Mehmedi finally popped up with another goal.

La Liga
Granda 2 - 0 Getafe
Mehmedi 16 Halilovic 56

Mehmedi looks like he has found his goalscoring boots as we outplay Getafe and Halilovic scores an absolute belter of a goal.

La Liga
Granada 2 - 2 Osasuna
Tello 33 Mehmedi 87

You just start thinking your on an amazing run and i go and struggle to draw with lowly Osasuna at least Mehmedi grabs another goal.

Granada 0 - 1 Marseille

We controlled so much of the match and we really should have converted some chances but in the end they grabbed a very late winner.

La Liga
Sevilla 2 - 1 Granada
Godin 88

A mere consolation goal from Godin and its looking like Sevilla are going to be serious contenders this season and nab our 3rd place spot.

La Liga Table

View attachment 363187

Were down to fourth at the moment and i can see we are going to have a much tougher season this year as At Madrid and Sevilla have finally got there acts together and nobody has of yet broken away.

Stats

View attachment 363189

Player of the Month Alen Halilovic

View attachment 363194

Youngster Halilovic is still only 18 but is looking like the real deal this season and i cant wait to see how he turns out, i think i might have to delve back into the Croatian market.

I have already had almost 2000 views in one week but i would love for people to have a bit more input to the story, i.e how im getting on potential signings, even just a like to keep me motivated, im still really into the save but less into the story with no input feels like im just writing it for myself!

Really good story mate, good level of detail and easy to read. If I am honest, I have always enjoyed your work.

Really good story mate, good level of detail and easy to read. If I am honest, I have always enjoyed your work.
Thanks for the input man im glad to here your enjoying it some big news on the way tonight involving the club too!

Granada FC

View attachment 363587

December 2014

Man City 3 - 1 Granada
Tello 53

Man City destroy us with ease to ****** top place from us but im still just happy to qualify for the next round

View attachment 363588

Where we only go and get probably the hardest draw for the next round against FC Bayern.

View attachment 363589

Spanish Cup 4th rnd 2nd leg
Granada 2 - 2 Mirales
Brahimi 62, 70

The reserves do terrible in the first half but winger Brahimi turns it round in the second half but we get drawn against Real Madrid so our cup run is all but over.

La Liga
Granada 1 - 0 Rayo
Angulo 19

LB Angulo scores another good goal for us and i get the feeling he wants to become and AML instead.

La Liga
Valencia 2 - 1 Granada
Fer 5

Fer scored in a matter of moments for us but that was as good as it got as we let slip 3 more valuable points.

Spanish Cup 5th rnd 1st leg
Granada 0 - 1 Real Madrid

An unlucky defeat in this cup match but its all but over as we are not going to beat them at there place.

La Liga
Granada 2 - 1 Espanyol
Mehmedi 45 Diakhate 71

A good win as forgotten man Diakhate grabs the winner in a rare appearance this season.

Spanish Cup 5th rnd 2nd leg
R. Madrid 3 - 1 Granada
Fer 54

And there it is were out of the cup again for the 3rd year in a row at this stage and silverware is looking far off at the moment!

La Liga Table

View attachment 363600

4th place at the moment and it looks like we may have to settled for it after Sevilla's amazing run in the league sees them top with a game in hand.

Stats

View attachment 363605

Negredo has 18 goals already in the league this season and is the main reason why Sevilla are doing so well hopefully someone else will buy him soon in the Prem and leave me in peace!

Player of the Month Aydin

View attachment 363608

Aydin has had a good month playing in all of the cup matches and has been a shining light in what has rather been a dim month!

Sevilla going strong!!! Well done on getting out of the group in the CL too.

Sevilla going strong!!! Well done on getting out of the group in the CL too.
Thanks man, looks like the aim will be fourth place this season. hope i qualify for champs league or this seasons good form in europe is all for nothing!

Nice job so far, I have no doubt you'll finish top 4 :D

Nice job so far, I have no doubt you'll finish top 4 :D
I hope so, after two seasons of finishing 3rd it will be a bit of a letdown getting 4th place. think its because we have focused on europe and obviously missed Destro

Granada FC

View attachment 363628

Huge News for Granada FC

After only asking for a new stadium once as we currently rent ours and sell it out all the time it was accepted.

Old Stadium

View attachment 363629

New Stadium Plans

View attachment 363631

Only £70million needed to build the over 30,000 Granada Stadium is not too bad the loan payments will hit the transfer budgets for a while but it will only take 18 months to build.
Im just concerned that they will cancel it as they already have cancelled other facilities in the past due to lack of funding.​

Granada FC

View attachment 363736

January 2015

Asian Player of the Year 2014

View attachment 363737

Despite being 34 years old Nekounam gets 2nd place in the Asian Player of the Year and still hasnt shown any signs of age.

La Liga
At Madrid 2 - 0 Granada

Not the start to the new year i wanted.

La Liga
Granada 2 - 0 Zaragoza
Fer 7 Rico 8

It all happens in the space of 1 minute as both of our central midfields go on dizzying runs to score wonderful solo goals.

La Liga
Deportivo 3 - 2 Granada
Aspas 73 Fontas 89

Deportivo absolutely destroyed us in the first 45 minutes but as you can see our new signing got one back and then Fontas scored to give Deportivo a nervy ending to a game we should have been winning.

La Liga
Granada 3 - 1 Malaga
Fer 32 Angulo 37 Allione 85

A comfortable win as all the attacking players score bar the striker, god i will be glad to have Destro back at the end of next month!

La Liga
Granada 3 - 0 Betis
Mehmedi 8 Fontas 48 Nekounam 83

Another decent win as we end the month with some good results that put us in good stead for the final few months

La Liga Table

View attachment 363739

Down to 5th in the league now with Sevilla having 2 games in hand, i guess the close league makes it more interesting as nobody is pushing away from the pack but i dont know where these new teams have come from this season!

Stats

View attachment 363740

Player of the Month Leroy Fer

View attachment 363741

Leroy Fer has had a brilliant first season with us and to pick him up on a free and to already be valued at £7.5million shows how well he is doing

Granada FC

View attachment 363743

January 2015 Transfer History

View attachment 363744

A few youngsters left on loan and the biggest deal out was reserve GK Ochoa who was moaning a lot about lack of game time and after picking him up on a free almost £3million in profit isnt too bad.

Only the one player came in, in the shape of Iago Aspas i have never had him on the game but as a fan of Revista La Liga they have mentioned his goalscoring exploits for Celta a lot this season and as a Liverpool fan he is coming to us!

Iago Aspas

View attachment 363746

He should be some decent cover for a couple of roles with Hughes only young and Destro still out injuried he will get plenty of game time.

I didnt spend much in this window mainly due to signing players on frees for the summer but also our loan repayments have begun for the new stadium!

View attachment 363747