Youth Recruitment: Above average Youth Recruitment Network

18-1.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Media Prediction: 5th

Fierce Rivals: Newcasle, Sunderland

Other Rivals: Chelsea, Leeds

Derbies: Tyne-Tees Derby (vs Newcastle)

Legends: Juninho, Steve Gibson, Wilf Mannion

Icons: Gareth Southgate, Brian Clough, Tony Mowbray, Stephen Pears, Bryan Robson, George Camswell, George Hardwick, Colin Cooper

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First Things First

1. I suggest you request the Board to upgrade your Youth Facilities, they mostly accept and you get Top Youth Facilities by next year

2. Ask your Board for a Parent Club and they usually come back with recommendations such as Man United which you should definetly accept to get players such as Chris Smalling and Bebe on loan

Transfer and Wage Budget

You should select your aims for the season to be Winner of the league so you get a sizeable transfer budget of 4.7 million and a wage budget of 650k p/w.

Even if you manage to not win the League but gain prmotion the Board is fine with it so you don't get sacked

Team

Goalkeepers

Danny Coyne

Jason Steele

Middlesbrough are reasonably covered in this area with Danny Coyne starting and Jason Steele one for the future although I like to purchase Alex Smithies for 700k who is already as good as Danny Coyne and will get much better to become Premiereship standard one day.

However it makes no sense having 2 young prospect Goalkeepers in the same Squad so I usually loan Jason Steele out so that he can get some quality first-team matches.

smithies.jpg

A Rock between the Posts
Alex Smithies

Recommended Transfer Activity:

In: Alex Smithies (500-700k)

Out: Jason Steele (Loan)

Right-Backs

Tony Mcmahon

Justin Hoyte

Another area of the team which is reasonably covered although Justin Hoyte is not up to scratch when you get promoted to the Premiereship so I usually loan him out or sell him off and get Bernard Mendy on a free transfer and rotate him with Tony Mcmahon

In: Bernard Mendy (Free Transfer)

Out: Justin Hoyte (Loan or Transfer)

Left-Back

Julio Arca

Matthew Kilgallon

Another area of the team which needs some tweaking, Matthew Kilgallon is more of a Centre-Back so I recommend getting someone like Fabio on loan and rotating him with Julio Arca.

In: Fabio (Loan)

Out: No One

Centre-Back

Stephen McManus

Matthew Kilgallon

Matthew Bates

David Wheater

You get a top-quality Central defensive Partnership in Stephn McManus and David Wheater for the Championship with Matthew Bates ready to step in incase of a injury crisis although Matthew Kilgallon makes mistakes and does not add much to the squad so I usually terminate his loan and get Chris Smalling or Jordan Spence on loan to provide cover for the First-Team

David-Wheater1.jpg

Boro Man out and out
David Wheater

In: Chris Smalling or Jordan Spence (Loan)

Out: Matthew Kilgallon (Loan Terminted)

Defensive Midfielders

Matthew Bates

Kevin Thompson

Mickael Tavares

Matthew Bates and Kevin Thompson are superb DMC's with Mickael Tavares providing adequate cover so no strengthening is needed in this position

No Transfer Activity

Midfield (Centre)

Willio Flood

Gary O, Neill

Kevin Thompson

Mickael Tavares

Barry Robson

Matthew Bates

Nick Bailey

Arguably the best position in the team, Gary O Neill is the star of the team providing a real physical presence in the middle of the park while Kevin Thompson or Willio Flood can play the role of the playmaker alongside him, Nick Bailey and Matthew Bates provide decent cover although Barry Robson and Mickael Tavares should only be brought in during the worst injury crisis

Boro's Midfield General
Kevin Thompson

Recommended Transfers Activity:

No Transfer Activity

Attacking Midfielder (AMC)

Gary O, Neill

Marvin Emnes

Barry Robson

Gary O Neill is your star man here and he will score goals for fun if used in the right way while Marvin Emnes should be next in your pecking order. Barry Robson is also decent.

oneill3_90385t.jpg

Leading from the front
Gary O' Neill

No Transfer Activity

Attacking Midfielders Left (AML)

Andrew Halliday

Marvin Emnes

Tarmo Kink

A Position that will definetly call for a make-over. Andrew Halliday is young but he is nowhere near good enough for the Premiereship if you get promoted. Marvin Emnes and Tarmo Kink are again decent players but never going to be able to survive in the Premiereship.

I suggest trying to get players like Junior Stanislas or Gai Assulin. You should try loan out or sell Andrew Halliday as he is next to useless.

junior-stanislas.jpg

Bringing his magic from Villa Park to the Riverside Stadium
Junior Stansilas

In: Junior Stanislas/ Gai Assulin (Free)

Out: Andrew Halliday (Loan or sell)

Attacking Midfielder Right (AMR)

Jonathan Franks

Gary O' Neill

Marvin Emnes

Tarmo Kink

The fact that Gary O' Neill a predominantly Central Midfielder is your best Right Winger should say it all for the quality of players who can play this position. I usually try to sign Sisi on a free transfer and use Marvin Emnes and Tarmo Kink to provide back-up.

There is no point selling of Marvin or Tarmo as they are so versatile they can provide cover for a number of positions essentially saving you a lot of money.

In: Sisi (Free Transfer)

Out: Nobody

Striker (ST)

Leroy Lita

Scott McDonald

Kris Boyd

Andrew Halliday

Jonathan Franks

Marvin Emnes

Middlesbrough have fantastic Strikers in Scott McDonald and Kris Boyd although Leroy Lita is not going to be adding anything to the Squad once you get promoted to the Premiereship so I try to sell him off as soon as I can. In his place I try to sign both Vaclav Kadlec and Leigh Griffiths who are both amazingly cheap players who can rip apart any Championship Defence together and Kadlec becomes one of the best strikers in the world as the game goes on.

In your worst Injury Crisis, you always have 3 mediorce strikers in Andrew Halliday, Jonathan Franks and Marvin Emnes to call upon who will not score goals for fun but can get the job done

V%C3%A1clav_kadlec.jpg

The new star of Boro's front line
Vaclav Kadlec

In: Vaclav Kadlec (1.5 million)/ Leigh Griffiths (900k)

Out: Leroy Lita

Staff Changes:

Fitness Coaches:

In: Mario Innaurato, Joost Desender, Paul Winsper, Andy Renshaw (Any 2)
Out: Peter Hood and Nick Allamby (Mutual Termination)

Shooting:

In: Brian McClaire, Tosh Farrell, Sergiy Reborv, Robert Prosinecki

Attacking:

In: Ebbe Sand, Tony Whelan, John Owens

Defending:

In: John Versleeuwen, Gonzalo Abando, Marcel Desailly, Alex Inglethorpe, Massimo Bonini

Ball Control:

In: Mike Rigg, Robert Prosinecki, Ezio Raciti

Tactics:

In: Bernhard Peters, Brian Horton, Martin Keown, Ian Brunskill, John Verseeluwen, Marchanno Schlutz

Goalkeeping:

In: Adam Matysek, Michelangelo Rampulla, Juan Jose Lasuen, Inaki Bergara, German Burgos, Roberto Bocchino

Note: I have provided lists of good coaches who will come to a Lower League Club like Middlesbrough according to testing done by Hellroker, who to appoint and who to sack is up to you

Tactic

And Finally if you just simply cant be bothered to try your own Tactic, you can try either of these two fantastic 4-4-2 Tactics...

Last edited:
Gareth Southgate is not the Manager lol its Tony Mowbray but Gordan Strachan in the game

No offence intended, it's a good guide, but if I use a guide I like it to come from a direct fan.

Like Middlesbrough - JP Woody springs to mind.

Or even a Chelsea or Luton one from you.

It's weird I know.

KUTGW though :)

Good stuff mate, you have put alot into it

Thanx mate, I dont want to make a guide with like barely an info and I like to make it extensive so that people actually want to go and manage Boro after reading it

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

Gareth Southgate is not the Manager lol its Tony Mowbray but Gordan Strachan in the game

Ooops my bad, must be getting the Boro blues after researching for so long

No offence intended, it's a good guide, but if I use a guide I like it to come from a direct fan.

It's weird I know.

Yep that is weird, tks anyways

It's weird I know.

The point is it would help a lot of people to success regardless of what team he supports

The point is it would help a lot of people to success regardless of what team he supports

Hence why I said it was a good guide, just not for me.

Seems like you've totally missed my point ....

Hence why I said it was a good guide, just not for me.

Seems like you've totally missed my point ....

I get th point, Sam he means that he feels that fans of Middlesbrough may give a much better guide as people usually will know that thye must have great knowledge of the club as they are supporters of the club

I get th point, Sam he means that he feels that fans of Middlesbrough may give a much better guide as people usually will know that thye must have great knowledge of the club as they are supporters of the club

Yes, exactly my point.

You'd be able to do better on Chelsea or Luton, but if it came to a Hearts guide, I'd probably write a better one (no offence intended).

Anyway, I'll stop my off-topic posts, but this will be sure to help a few people out mate. :)

Any of guys have staff recommendations for me?

Terry McDermott as *** Man
Andriy Gluschenko and Juan Jose Lasuen for 4.5 star GK coaches
Tosh Farrell and John Owens for Shooting and Attacking coaches

Can't think of any more, look at my list in my sig :)

Thanx bro, how did u like the Guide?

lol awesome nickname

I recently started a season with Boro, 16 games in and im second.
You mentioned quite a few players that i actually did loan or buy.
Good stuff man, i like it :)

I recently started a season with Boro, 16 games in and im second.
You mentioned quite a few players that i actually did loan or buy.
Good stuff man, i like it :)

Glad You do mate, reassuring to know that my choice of propsective players was correct :)

---------- Post added at 04:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 AM ----------

I have updated the OP to include some Staff signings :)

I agree with Toddzy. Good guide, but would rather it came from a Middlesbrough fan, i.e. JP Woody, Neall, Redders etc.

Nevertheless, it's a good guide and will use it if I pick Boro in a Championship save. Good information that I didn't really know before.