zyndar

Reaction score
ALPHA

2578473-20170704-XndSfH.png

2578474-20170704-xzBHBB.png

NO OIs

First of all, this is not a Plug & Play tactic, therefore not working that well with Instant Result or Holiday testing. Why? Because you have to obey the stats during the matches and do a small change when needed: to adjust the playing width. The base tacic is using "much narrower" width, but in some cases it needs to be changed to "balanced".

Ok, but when?

- At home games when you are the favourite or playing an even opponent
- On matches where you don't dominate the match, but you should or simply you are behind and wants to change the playing style a bit

Test Results - it did not won the League! Okay, but still 90 pts with Liverpool and 82 pts with Souhampton, so it should have been enough.

Detailed stats about a full season can be found
HERE.

When to use the counter version?

- When you cannot break the opposition defence
- When the opponent is pushing hard and has some chances, playing higher on the pitch while still being on counter makes their job pretty hard

Training

General training is Fitness - High in the first 2 weeks of pre season and then Team Cohesion - High until the end of August, Balanced - Medium afterwards. Match preparation (bar fully on the left) is Match Tactics until it gets fully fluid, defensive positioning afterwards (set the bar 2 ticks from the left).

Download the search filters here ==> Player search filters

Last edited:
Ey, that's really similar to the tactic I've been using to dominate Italy (and now Europe) with Parma.
It's really the most fun tactic I've made in years. Such attractive football. 60+% possession, clear cut chances, well balanced scoring, assists and overall ratings throughout the team.

I'm sure this one will be great for anyone actually playing/watching the games instead of just simulating.

Here are my small differences. Other than Player Instructions, but I'm sure they're similar as well based on having watched (and been influenced by) a lot of your other tactics.
View attachment 89796
View attachment 89795

2016/17 Lega Pro Girone B: 1st 91 points
2017/18 Serie B: 1st 99 points
2018/19 Serie A: 2nd 81 points
2019/20 Serie A: 1st 90 points CL: Semi-Final loss
2020/21 Serie A: 1st 92 points CL: Winner

So assuming our tactics are as similar as I think I can absolutely endorse people trying yours.
Really fun/effective tactic.

Ey, that's really similar to the tactic I've been using to dominate Italy (and now Europe) with Parma.
It's really the most fun tactic I've made in years. Such attractive football. 60+% possession, clear cut chances, well balanced scoring, assists and overall ratings throughout the team.

I'm sure this one will be great for anyone actually playing/watching the games instead of just simulating.

Here are my small differences. Other than Player Instructions, but I'm sure they're similar as well based on having watched (and been influenced by) a lot of your other tactics.
View attachment 1120694
View attachment 1120695

So assuming our tactics are as similar as I think I can absolutely endorse people trying yours.

Thx mate. Yours really looks more aggresive with such high D-line and Control mentality. Do you mind posting league tables from the above years?

It has changed a bit over the years. I've been increasing Player Instructions and moved from Standard to Control as the quality of my players have increased. I also used to have the D-line "slightly higher" with offside trap on. That worked as well. But I think this looks better. It also results in more balanced ratings for some reason, previously my CDs where getting much better ratings than everyone else.

I'm really terrible at screenshots. And posting overall at forums like this. I never know what and where to upload and such.
Usually I just get self-conscious and delete (as I tried to do here with the above before you answered, but for whatever reason it seems to still be up.)

I pasted together this little display in order to hopefully show what you wanted to see.
View attachment 89794
I feel like the Serie B and C years aren't really representative of the tactic as I played a half-back in a 41302 tactic back then. A lot of similarities. But weak opposition, and slightly different shape.
I still used that tactic sometimes in the first Serie A season as well I think. But the thinking behind the tactic has stayed the same.

Last edited:
Maybe ppl could use both your tactic in two different slots. Perhaps using Alphas at away games (since it has a deeper d-line)? And use IamVitors at home? What do you two think of that?

View attachment 1120694
View attachment 1120695

post it too, please

Since you cannot change the width, but I am happy it is working for you ;)

Playing with instant results.. I only changing to counter in away games vs better opposition. Great Tactic as always

No but it's working with instant results.. when I playing away against teams from 1-9 position I'm using counter

I found switching to counter with most of the formations made this year seems the way to go.

View attachment 1120694
View attachment 1120695

Do you care to share your tactic on a new post. Your results look fantastic. Please share a link or something. Thanks.

Looks good :) and even better considering it's not 3430 tactic XD
standard home and conter away against top teams?

Hey Zyndar, would you recommend this practice for a 7th-position predicted team in the English Premier League, and leaving the Width consistent. I never use instant result, but just curious since the Counter mentality has been overpowered this year with underdogs and mid-table teams.