Does anyone else concede a lot of goals from crosses or is it because my full backs aren't very good?

I've been tinkering with ALPHA 2 to get it to play the way I like with my current Hereford FC save.
And for the longest time (as you might've noticed) I questioned the use of the Trequartista.
I just got better results and play consistently when I used an SS (results) or Enganche (slightly better results, and better play).
Here's the thing though. I have now noticed that at least part of the reason Treq works in ALPHA 2 is the high tempo.
When I was in the lower leagues I had to lower the tempo to Normal, otherwise the players would just panic and run into opponents or something else stupid.
This is the first time I've ever used a tactic with high tempo, as I've always just liked the way lower tempos play. And I think that's why I've never been a fan of Trequartistas. With lower tempo they just stand around.

But a few days ago I reached League 2 and decided to scratch all my changes and go back to ALPHA 2 proper with the high tempo and all. And the Treq is playing great! Probably helps that he should be playing at a Championship level, but even his backup is playing well when given the chance.

I still implement a few small changes. The biggest one is that I start my DLP on support. Sounds kinda dangerous. But If ya'll haven't tried it, I suggest giving it a go in games where you are favored at least. It really helps him get involved going forward.
If the opponent has a AMC I individually tell my DLP to man mark the AMC in hopes of staying off counters a bit better with him not being as far back. Other than that the only changes are small PI changes. Like I took off shorter passing on the FBs. And added Roam from Position on the DLF in hopes of clearing some space for the high tempo yoyo's in the midfield

Oh, also. For the first time, I think, ever I took away Shoot Less Often on the BBMs. I was getting frustrated with them getting a good short pass from the strikers or the Treq, just outside the box and then just stand there and wait for someone to take run. And I think it's working really well. With the high tempo they are running into such great scoring places anyway so having them take some long-ish shots aren't bad when they are sprinting into short passes from the strikers with such power. I just normally tick shoot less often on pretty much everyone out of habit. But studying this high tempo closely I like giving them the option.
Might not technically be better, but I like the way it plays better in this case.

Anyways. Long convoluted post. But just wanted to say that I concede that Trequartista CAN be a good option in the formation despite having questioned it for a long time.

I can't believe this tactic doesn't get more attention. Every save I had and plugged this tactic in worked like a charm.Beautiful football to watch,great goals and possesion around 60-65 % in every game,even away,most importantly 2 strikers scoring for fun.Fantastic job Zyndar once again

Last edited:
I can't believe it this tactic doesn't get more attention. Every save I had and plugged this tactic in worked like a charm.Beautiful football to watch,great goals and possesion around 60-65 % in every game,even away,most importantly 2 strikers scoring for fun.Fantastic job Zyndar once again

Which version?

Nearly finished a my first full season using v2 with my Hertha team. There was no slow start like previous season using other tactics. Won the league with four games to spare and now in the Europa league final.

ive mainly been using counter. Originally this was by accident when I had it set to counter throughout pre season so in the end I kept it and it is working wonders for me.

if I go a goal down in the second half (which is rare) or I am struggling to break down weaker teams then I switch to the regular Alpha v2.

with previous tactics I do well initially, then the next season start poorly. This time though it's been very consistent.

Hi Zyndar can you update Alpha tactic for the latest version? (17.3.2) thank's